• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

• will-i-am-a-jambo

• Famous 1874

Just now, Barack said:

Because teams are on their arses, and someone will sell their souls. He can **** off.

You’re no doubt right. Trying to snaffle up stiff on the cheap. Even at that it seems a very tricky investment to make work. 

ToadKiller Dog

We will get a lot of this sort of approach from the US ,Brexit .

We don't want to go down that road .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

jamboinglasgow

Thought at first it was the son of the current owner of Liverpool and thought that was tempting, then realised it was the son of the previous American owners who were terrible. So a big no.

Skivingatwork

Half of the English championship clubs will be on their ar@e fairly soon, if not already, so plenty of options down there. No money to be made from owning a football club in Scotland.

Exactly why the FOH is brilliant and every pledger a hero. 

leave the likes of these bids to the likes of the vermin.

BelgeJambo
21 minutes ago, Locky said:

His Dad not almost put Liverpool in administration?

Where Liverpool not in deep shit  before they took over.  Spending to try and stop United

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na - if we go back into private ownership it has to be someone who wants to spend .. not take

If he’s daft enough to think he can make big money on an investment in a Scottish football team then we are defo better off without him. 

Paul Shark
27 minutes ago, Locky said:

So not all bad then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Like a lot of chancers, he seems to have track record of offers/bids which come to nothing 

SpruceBringsteen

He should give Hamilton a shout, they're skint and scammer daft

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Should at least listen to what he’s got to say.  His family have a whole load of money. 

You never know, the offer might be the best a Gran can get?  (Too far?) 

Edited by Last Laff

Guest ToqueJambo

I want fan ownership but part of me still wants a sensible version of Romanov to come forward and spend the same money but more wisely. Romanov proved it's possible to challenge the OF while still have a budget well below theirs when it's spent right. The problem is sensible rich people who want to own football clubs are in very short supply. Most of these guys think, like Romanov, that all they have to do is be smart in the transfer market and the money will roll in when they buy cheap then develop and sell them on. The Dundee Utd owner certainly thinks that's what he's going to do and it sounded like that was Ron Gordon's idea too. They'll probably get a big shock!

Only Celtic in Scotland really have managed to play the transfer market in that way successfully on a sustained basis and that's because they have the carrot of CL football - on top of the ability to pay millions in transfer fees every season - to get people like Dembele and van Djyk to choose them.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Should at least listen to what he’s got to say.  His family have a whole load of money. 

Agree, we have no real information to make any judgment as yet, and you can't judge people by their parents.D For example, I bet there are some people of here that have got really nice parents😁.

fabienleclerq

No one that isn't a Hearts supporter would buy Hearts for the right reasons. FoH will always be our best option. 

51 minutes ago, Locky said:

Hicks and Gillett just about finished that club, I doubt the latter's son will be any different. 

Keep this vulture away from the club.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
54 minutes ago, Locky said:

Thought as much. **** him.

Not just **** him.  **** them all, whoever they are.  As Ann has said, it's our club. It's not for sale.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

eyesandears

Surely we listen to what he's got to say? Why does he want to by us, how much is he willing to invest that we can't invest through our own means, what % does he want to take 10%, 25%. 49%, 51%, 75%, 100%? Each shapes our response.

Ann Budge and the benefactors will be gone at some point and I hope the FoH Board are more open minded to potential investors than some of the comments above. Remember it's under Ann Budge and FoH that we're heading for the Championship assisted by a large slice of skulduggery along the way. 

I'm not saying he's the guy for us but we can't start being a closed minded members group or our club will be goosed and I say that as an FoH member.

Batistuta87

Bids are going to come in given the current situation. Our market value will be lower than its been for years and everyone knows we'll be back where we belong very soon, so it makes sense to try and buy now then sell on when we're back at the right and of the table. Its the equivalent of buying a house during a market crash while houses are cheap, fixing it up to a nice standard, then selling it on for a big profit when the market improves.

I would however like FoH/the fans to be consulted or at least notified if/when significant and serious bids come in. If this guy goes off and buys someone else and hands over a tasty wee transfer budget that gets them in Euro places next season I'll be raging 😂

I'm looking forward to FoH owning the club as much as everyone else, but at the end of the day if there's someone out there who can pump more money into the club then I'd like to at least listen to what they have to say.

Edited by Batistuta87

stevie1874
57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why on earth would anyone want to buy a football club right now?

Ask a Hibby they will no like it 😂

Jim Panzee
41 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

this

norrie1952

Was at a plot ceremony at the beginning of the year and I think the message was on the lines of "hearts will not be some rich persons plaything "

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Surely we listen to what he's got to say? Why does he want to by us, how much is he willing to invest that we can't invest through our own means, what % does he want to take 10%, 25%. 49%, 51%, 75%, 100%? Each shapes our response.

Ann Budge and the benefactors will be gone at some point and I hope the FoH Board are more open minded to potential investors than some of the comments above. Remember it's under Ann Budge and FoH that we're heading for the Championship assisted by a large slice of skulduggery along the way. 

I'm not saying he's the guy for us but we can't start being a closed minded members group or our club will be goosed and I say that as an FoH member.

no we shouldn’t listen to ANY investor that wants a controlling share of the club above the Foundation. Ever.  We have been down that road before and it ended in near disaster. 

FOH cant do it alone, that is proven by the fact we have a "secret" backer who puts in more money than everyone else combined! Although Gillet might not be the right guy we certainly need other additional investment

eyesandears
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

no we shouldn’t listen to ANY investor that wants a controlling share of the club above the Foundation. Ever.  We have been down that road before and it ended in near disaster. 

Using Vlad as an example on why we shouldn't listen to ANY investor is naive. We must listen. We don't always, if ever, need to sell hopefully but we should just keep an open mind as being fan owned in itself isn't a reason for Hearts to exist. We need to be fzzking successful and that is going to take more money than we are putting in. 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Using Vlad as an example on why we shouldn't listen to ANY investor is naive. We must listen. We don't always, if ever, need to sell hopefully but we should just keep an open mind as being fan owned in itself isn't a reason for Hearts to exist. We need to be fzzking successful and that is going to take more money than we are putting in. 

no. Not if they want a controlling interest. Never again. Minority holdings?. Fine listen but never to a takeover bid. 

WorldChampions1902
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Exactly! 

I think this point gets forgotten when we pay our monthly DD’s. This is a timely reminder that this is OUR club and we have earned our right to have a say in its future. The sharks can bolt, unless WE collectively agree it’s to our advantage.

One day, the the penny will drop with the Vermin, when Recon Ron the Con reveals his cunning plan to maximise his fast buck at their expense.

Looking forward to it.

millerjames398

Not sure about him buying the club..if he would like to make a substantial donation to the foundation however...well that's another thing all together😄🇱🇻

eyesandears
4 minutes ago, Bigteam said:

FOH cant do it alone, that is proven by the fact we have a "secret" backer who puts in more money than everyone else combined! Although Gillet might not be the right guy we certainly need other additional investment

This is the case and I think some of us are in La La Land that FoH will cure all ills. It's a great spine to the club, but in itslef its not the solution, not if we want to be successful. We need to start talking more about actually winning and being successful and be a harder club from top to bottom. That is likely to be expensive.

The Old Tolbooth

Jesus, keep this guy away from Hearts please, his father says all you need to know about him, absolute prick of a guy! 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

This is the case and I think some of us are in La La Land that FoH will cure all ills. It's a great spine to the club, but in itslef its not the solution, not if we want to be successful. We need to start talking more about actually winning and being successful and be a harder club from top to bottom. That is likely to be expensive.

not my take. I believe we become (eventually) self sufficient. 5 years extra backing by the benefactors should see us at that point . Why not ? If we continue to put in £130,000 a month then that should be more than enough. The Financial mistakes made under Levein will be a thing of the past I’d hope and imagine

4 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

He wanted a controlling interest according to one of the papers so it's no from me.....!

Paint the town maroon
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Why on earth would anyone want to buy a football club right now?

An almost debt free club with greets infrastructure 95% completed and playing in championship next season = opportunity to get Hearts on the cheap.

How that would work with FOH legal purchase I don’t know.

Chuck Berry

AFC Wimbledon are often cited as a good example of a fan owned club and that is fair, however the fans, via the Dons Trust, don't own 100% of the club.  It's around 75%, the remainder is in private hands (which was to raise capital for the purchase of Kingsmeadow years ago).

They know the limitations that this creates, there's only so much money available.  However, it's something they by and large accept. League One is probably their limit with an occasional foray into the Championship.

Hearts will still need to look at and consider private investment when FOH takes over, although maybe not controlling interest.

3 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

The guy has a reported net worth of $700,000,000 - we've surely got to listen.

I doubt he’ll part with all that. 

annushorribilis III

Would someone oblige me buy telling what the etiquette is when a prospective buyer comes along - given that FoH is supposed to be in ownership already , how does it work re prospective bidders ? Now & in the future ?