ADVICE FOR CHOOSING A SEAT PLEASE

CARDIFFBOY

CARDIFFBOY

Hi lads and lasses, please can you advise me which stand would be the most suitable for me to sit in when I come up to Tynecastle? I am in my early 60s with no problem climbing stairs; I want to be in either the Gorgie or Wheatfield Stands towards the rear of the stand but also want to be in the best singing sections with best atmosphere. I will be hoping to purchase a season ticket and pledge my support even though I will only be able to attend a few games due to the travelling distance and cost. Any advice and help you can give me will be much appreciated, also a guide to the best pre and post match pubs?  Many thanks and I look forward to my first visit when safe to do so.  HHGH.  Terry,  CARDIFFBOY. 

If you want singing stay away from the gorgie stand, Section G or F would be the best choice for what you’re looking for.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I had to give up my seat in Section D a couple of year ago, old boy next to me had a farting problem, nothing worse and kept getting up of his seat and pointing 

Pity you couldn't trial out a seat for a game before you buy a season ticket 

CARDIFFBOY

Lads, many thanks for the replies so far, seems like Wheatfield Stand section G is my best option, now which are the best pubs for food and beers close to the stadium please, looking also for a friendly welcome! 

CARDIFFBOY
11 hours ago, sassenach said:

Athletic Arms, AKA The Diggers, is very popular and the best bet if you're into real ale. It also does cracking pies.

Caley Sample Room along the road from Diggers has a proper menu if you want more than pies.

If you're early, Platform 5 across the road from Haymarket station does a decent breakfast and serves beer early.

The Georgie Fish Bar is decent for fried takeaways, and has the fastest-moving queue I've ever seen at a chippy.

Cheers Sassenach, will try those, thanks for your help. Terry

Libertarian
11 hours ago, sassenach said:

Athletic Arms, AKA The Diggers, is very popular and the best bet if you're into real ale. It also does cracking pies.

Caley Sample Room along the road from Diggers has a proper menu if you want more than pies.

If you're early, Platform 5 across the road from Haymarket station does a decent breakfast and serves beer early.

The Georgie Fish Bar is decent for fried takeaways, and has the fastest-moving queue I've ever seen at a chippy.

Yes I would agree with all of this. The Diggers is a smashing pub with an excellent atmosphere and choice of beers. The fish suppers from the Gorgie Fish bar are second to none 

Bull's-eye

Choose a seat near the middle of the stands that will be easy to resell for the games you cant get to, a great view for you when you attend and double bubble for the club when you dont.

Try all the pubs and food outlets on visits and just keep on trying them. 

15 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Lads, many thanks for the replies so far, seems like Wheatfield Stand section G is my best option, now which are the best pubs for food and beers close to the stadium please, looking also for a friendly welcome! 

The Eighteen 74 fans bar at the stadium, is the closest. Don't do much in the way of food though and it's at the opposite side from the Wheatfield stand. So may be better for after, though it can get busy quickly at full-time. 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What was he pointing at ? 

His arse ? 

There is a phantom farter in Section Q lower. Every feckin match some dirty get drops his/her guts and it is feckin Abraham Lincoln.  

The culprit should see a doctor or get a cork. 

I have my suspicions but it's a bit awkward to accuse the rancid turd.

Aye, a big of guilt avoidance from you I reckon. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Try and get the Wheatfield stand as the new stand is baltic

:rofl:

EH23-Jambo
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

His arse ? 

There is a phantom farter in Section Q lower. Every feckin match some dirty get drops his/her guts and it is feckin Abraham Lincoln.  

🤣 Section C (upper) has a phantom farter too 🙈

PhoenixHearts
7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

His arse ? 

Moved to Q lower last season and I thought I had it bad with the wee kid that sits behind me kicking and using the back of my seat as a personal foot stool.

Can't say I've encountered the phantom farter yet. Hopefully the other end of Q from me.

Harry Potter
On 28/05/2020 at 12:53, Haringshairband said:

If you want to be in the Wheatfield you're better off in section G for singing.

:)

CARDIFFBOY

Thanks for all your help lads, much appreciated and I can't wait for first visit irrespective of which league we are in. HHGH. 

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

His arse ? 

Yes can bring the tone down, don't you know......   An argument for social spacing...

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The honking Jambo should have a section to himself.... or herself....

Mind you, he/she should do it when shopping in Tesco. 

The place would evacuate faster than the Hibs end after 50 minutes on 19/05/12....

:)

Bull's-eye
38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The honking Jambo should have a section to himself.... or herself....

Mind you, he/she should do it when shopping in Tesco. 

The place would evacuate faster than the Hibs end after 50 minutes on 19/05/12....

Its you isn't it.

millerjames398

Try the Wheatfield, its only slightly less steep than the main stand, i was up the back of the main stand for the hibs 2 1 game when laff and naisy scored, like clinbing the north face of the eigur🥵😂🇱🇻

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Try the Wheatfield, its only slightly less steep than the main stand, i was up the back of the main stand for the hibs 2 1 game when laff and naisy scored, like clinbing the north face of the eigur🥵😂🇱🇻

I think the Wheatfield is steeper than the main. But not so high.