• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• WorldChampions1902

• TheBigO

• Hearts007

He’s obviously been on drugs again. As bad if not worse than Celtic.

Edited by Deevers

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The guy's a joke.

Claiming Celtic minus sectarianism = Hibs....!

Anyone else missed the Irish flags and crap songs at Easter Rd....!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-join-rangers-blasting-irvine-14089946

He's right though. Yes, Hibs fly Irish flags, as we do UJs, but are we founded on it? Are we reliant on it.

His only error here is saying Partick instead of Hearts (for obv reasons).

There were 8 pro clubs in Glasgow (I think). Why are the OF much bigger in size than Partick, Queens Park, ThirdLanark, especially the ones who were originally competitive...? One word:sectarianism.

And the fact that both clubs have the sheer temerity to absolve themselves and in fact defend themselves against accusations of sectarianism when they do nothing about their fans' weekly songbooks and prejudice-related crimes shows Welsh to be spot on. They've actually supported his statement with their retorts.

They're so wrapped up in themselves they don't see it, but the rest of Scottish football do.

Instead of whatabootery, the rest of Scottish football should be standing against the issue as the OF have proven time and again they're unwilling to (as its their best marketing tool).

Hearts and Ann Budge in particular have at the very least recognised its existence and said we want to get rid. Have either OF actually ever come out and said this???

Edited by TheBigO

A_A wehatethehibs

Celtic minus

- trophies

- fans who turn up to games

- respectable derby record

= Hibs

3fingersreid

Only two clubs in Scotland have in the past signed players from a specific religion to suit their clubs agenda .

Did he mention that , I’ve no intention of clicking on that rags link ( sorry Section Q ) . 

Restonbabe

Good point in Steve Clarke coming out and saying whybis the 16th century still a thing in Scotland 

bajthejambo

Surprised he was able to pull his face away from the crotch of a Hibs "top boy" in order to give any thoughts on the matter.

1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

Surprised he was able to pull his face away from the crotch of a Hibs "top boy" in order to give any thoughts on the matter.

Used to see him crawling up their arse in Smithies, canonmills, from time to time. 

bajthejambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Used to see him crawling up their arse in Smithies, canonmills, from time to time. 

Me too. They've not been allowed in for a long time now though.

2 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Me too. They've not been allowed in for a long time now though.

Moved to Musselburgh not long after the guy Leslie or lyndsay? took it over. Heard he had emptied them all out and they were back in the navy club 

Edited by GinRummy

Just pandering to their ‘first to wear the green’ narrative that they cling onto. Like it’s in anyway relevant.

But aye, won’t click won’t read.

Guy’s a bitter welt.

bajthejambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Moved to Musselburgh not long after the guy Leslie or lyndsay? took it over. Heard he had emptied them all out and they were back in the navy club 

Lindsay. Was a bit of a mixed bag in terms of teams they followed to be fair. That's how Welsh came up with material, just picked up on stories (probably exaggerated) from those sorts.

David Black

On a couple of occasions I had the misfortune to be standing next to Welsh and his friends in a well known pub down Broughton Street. To say the man is a f****** idiot would e giving him a compliment. He clearly thought he was the font of all knowledge. 

54 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Lindsay. Was a bit of a mixed bag in terms of teams they followed to be fair. That's how Welsh came up with material, just picked up on stories (probably exaggerated) from those sorts.

Interesting but not surprising that he picked up stories from them. 

manaliveits105

Irish harp still in the badge - strict irish catholic only signing policy when they formed - tricolours on the pitch at Hampden in 2016

Celtic Lite - fact.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

He's right though. Yes, Hibs fly Irish flags, as we do UJs, but are we founded on it? Are we reliant on it.

There were 8 pro clubs in Glasgow (I think). Why are the OF much bigger in size than Partick, Queens Park, ThirdLanark, especially the ones who were originally competitive...? One word:sectarianism.

And the fact that both clubs have the sheer temerity to absolve themselves and in fact defend themselves against accusations of sectarianism when they do nothing about their fans' weekly songbooks and prejudice-related crimes shows Welsh to be spot on. They've actually supported his statement with their retorts.

They're so wrapped up in themselves they don't see it, but the rest of Scottish football do.

Instead of whatabootery, the rest of Scottish football should be standing against the issue as the OF have proven time and again they're unwilling to (as its their best marketing tool).

Hearts and Ann Budge in particular have at the very least recognised its existence and said we want to get rid. Have either OF actually ever come out and said this???

Why are Arsenal bigger than Leyton Orient? Why are Tottenham bigger than Millwall? Yes, sectarianism played a small part in making the Old Firm so much bigger than the rest but the real reason is the simple fact that kids from all over Scotland support them because they win the most trophies, and the media are obsessed with them. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why are Arsenal bigger than Leyton Orient? Why are Tottenham bigger than Millwall? Yes, sectarianism played a small part in making the Old Firm so much bigger than the rest but the real reason is the simple fact that kids from all over Scotland support them because they win the most trophies, and the media are obsessed with them. 

You’re definitely right about the glory hunter element but I think the sectarian stuff has played a bigger part than you say. It’s otherwise a strange coincidence that the two biggest clubs are also the two most sectarian. 

Edited by GinRummy

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And why? What garnered their large support. And have they both embraced hatred to grow and maintain it?.

If your answer's no... Well...

Forever Hearts
Just now, TheBigO said:

And why? What garnered their large support. And have they both embraced hatred to grow and maintain it?.

If your answer's no... Well...

Their support increased ten fold when both of them started to dominate and hoover up the vast majority of trophies. Would I say they've embraced hatred? No, I wouldn't. Would I say both could do a helluva lot more to tackle bigotry and sectarianism? Yes.

fabienleclerq

I think the biggest take from the article should be the old firm making out like they try and stop sectarianism. Welsh doesn't say much wrong tbh. 

Didn’t read it but presumably about masons and casuals. 
Regarding Celtic- how can their fans ever get excited about buying a title. Of course they are going to win it - how thick are they?

His rant about us cheating in 2012 final was one of the most bitter childish things I have ever read

John Findlay
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Their support increased ten fold when both of them started to dominate and hoover up the vast majority of trophies. Would I say they've embraced hatred? No, I wouldn't. Would I say both could do a helluva lot more to tackle bigotry and sectarianism? Yes.

You don't do Scottish football history very well. The only time the OF have not been dominant in Scottish football was 1945-65. 

The only person you are fooling is yourself if you do not believe religious sectarianism played no part in their supports being as large as they are.

Late 1980s before the Govan mob signed a Roman Catholic to play first team football.

43 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Rangers use of Orange strips and goalie tops, not a nod to anything, no?

They do nothing to distance themselves from one of the biggest issues in our country. By proxy and with the odd nudge along, they amplify it.

You won't convince me otherwise so we prob shouldn't debate it tbh FH.

They are a surge on our game and on our society.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're not wrong, but the post you quoted makes very valid points. Third Lanark and Queen's Park were far more successful here than Leyton Orient and Millwall down south.

Queen's Park remaining amateur didn't help but Partick have been around longer than Celtic. In more recent years a lot of glory hunting fans just picked them due to success, but I don't doubt there's a huge element of each set of supporters who's love for their club is fuelled by having Irish/Loyalist ancestry.

Ainsley Harriott

Irvine Welsh is an irrelevant ***** rat who other than trainspotting as done nothing worth while. Filth is one of the worst films I've ever sat through.

The one bright spot is that he obviously understands Hibs standing in Scottish football.

Hibs = Partick Thistle.

Even their supposedly famous supporters realise their natural position

:rudi:

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

😂.

and  another thing, Millwall will always be bigger than Spurs.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

He's not right mate. 

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hibs have a bigger problem with racism than sectarianism.

very true that - that boy caught on camera is the tip of the iceberg for these lowlifes

Never read anything of his shite to any great length and won’t now. He’s the reason why Hibs fans/club think they’re trendy and have some sort of cool status :rofl: 

Remind me of Man City in the 90s. Links to celebrity or another was their hope of masking how shite they were on the pitch. 

luckyBatistuta

The guy is typical Leither. A criminal hibs casual adoring twat. 

42C37348-04BB-4AF0-81F3-E9347B865099.jpeg

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not a few hearts boys in their too??

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Not a few hearts boys in their too??

Think it was a mix, one or two rangers as well. 

Hectormasson
Just now, GinRummy said:

Think it was a mix, one or two rangers as well. 

Was a visitor there off and on late 90s into about 2003, had a bit of everyone in there tbh,

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Was a visitor there off and on late 90s into about 2003, had a bit of everyone in there tbh,

Aye there were a few very well known hibs guys in there that Irvine Welsh was in the company of occasionally.

Hectormasson
Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye there were a few very well known hibs guys in there that Irvine Welsh was in the company of occasionally.

Exactly,

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He’s an absolute teapot who worships schemie culture like some sort of poverty tourist. 

Well put.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

He's not right mate. 

In what way fella?

If Rangers and Celtic weren't enshrined in bigotry, they'd very conceivably be the same size as Hibs. Or, indeed Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc would all be a bit more successful.

I know his implication is there is no issue with it at ER which we know is pish, but the fact the OF have monetised it is his main point imo, and he's bang on.

If Chris Hoy or, erm, Ronnie Corbett had said the same thing, we'd be agreeing!!!

You said yourself......quote.....

"""His only error here is saying Partick instead of Hearts (for obv reasons)""".

Therefor you too disagree........

Just now, Section Q said:

You said yourself......quote.....

"""His only error here is saying Partick instead of Hearts (for obv reasons)""".

Therefor you too disagree........

Well, no. I fully agree with the thrust of his point.

It would have had better impact to use Hearts and Hibs or neither, though.

Even if he thinks Hibs have no issue and Hearts do, his point re the OF still stands. Just means he's a shortsighted bawbag who has had his souls removed by his Derby neighbours. Which we know him to be.

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Where Rearend was a regular visitor.

Welsh also used to pop into the Morrison & Gibb Social Club at Canonmills with his lovely American wife. God knows what she thought of that! 

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Where Rearend was a regular visitor.

Welsh also used to pop into the Morrison & Gibb Social Club at Canonmills with his lovely American wife. God knows what she thought of that! 

Is that the wee club opposite the Northern Bar/Orchard ?