The Internet
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Yosemite - a shithole

Grand Canyon - a shithole

Florida Keys - a shithole

Augusta National - a shithole

etc.

Your brain - a shitfest

America has some beautiful natural land, some of the most scenic places in the world. Beyond that? Shithole.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• luckyBatistuta

I see some protesters were outside White House confronting secret service, now if they pulled out Trump with his head on a pike I'd be unperturbed. 

This is absolutely awful. America is out of control. Such a racist uncaring place. I'm so glad i wasn't born there. 

Apologies to our American friends on here. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

This is absolutely awful. America is out of control. Such a racist uncaring place. I'm so glad i wasn't born there. 

None needed.

The Internet
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Uncaring is the right word. Human life has no value whatsoever, its all about $$$$$. The only people they care about are the shareholders. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Uncaring is the right word. Human life has no value whatsoever, its all about $$$$$. The only people they care about are the shareholders. 

You're right. Every single thing in American life is commodified. Everything. In response to literal centuries of oppression, when all of life is a commodity, looting is inevitable, and indeed, justified.

I remain shocked, but not surprised, by the people--even here--who feel more sympathy for property than Black lives.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's really sad. America is a huge place and with many great, caring and lovely people but when the Police are killing black people at a higher rate than the KKK, there's clearly something wrong in their society. 

Then seeing all those people die due to Covid buried in mass graves in New York because they were probably too poor to afford Health Care. 

This is meant to be the free-est, most developed, secular and advanced Country on the planet as well. Maybe they are technology wise but in values and in other ways, they are lagging behind most of the developed world. 

I can totally understand why so many young Americans are leaving to live in Europe and simply never want to go back. 

The whole thing has become an act of insanity. The poor victims name is mentioned, and lots of crocodile tears but from protestors, to rioters, to looters, politicians, its become an opportunity to push their personal agendas. Any sympathy for the dead man is put into rhetoric and actions as a password for these. I watched the press conference with the Governor, not reasons for his immediate action, reasons for why no action. The President puts his nose in and either makes a totally stupid comment on a Tweet or even worse as he often does actually has no idea what he is saying, the origin or the actual meaning of what he is quoting. The City of the original police department, obviously considerable lack of oversight. A man with something like eighteen complaints of disciplinary breaches is on the street still working, his police managers are every bit as culpable as he. This whole thing was an incident waiting to happen, there must be someone in the police department or City Hall who could see it, will they come forward.

Lots of criticism of America, its a shithole, the people are terrible, not so America is a beautiful landscape, the majority of Americans could fit into your own neighbourhood very comfortably.

For the readers of this forum asking what is the answer, just go to the Terrace, see the main complaint about Hearts, leadership, and thats the problem here, easy to say Trump, and he and his government have to accept some responsibility, but its the leaders all the way down the ladder  who don't want to rock the boat, and threaten  reelection, who should be sitting in a quiet corner and saying oh my what have I not done.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's really sad. America is a huge place and with many great, caring and lovely people but when the Police are killing black people at a higher rate than the KKK, there's clearly something wrong in their society. 

Then seeing all those people die due to Covid buried in mass graves in New York because they were probably too poor to afford Health Care. 

This is meant to be the free-est, most developed, secular and advanced Country on the planet as well. Maybe they are technology wise but in values and in other ways, they are lagging behind most of the developed world. 

I can totally understand why so many young Americans are leaving to live in Europe and simply never want to go back. 

The USA isn't any of those things. I'm really really baffled by the technology part though.

7 hours ago, Ritchez said:

Antifa up to their old tricks.

Utter, utter scum.

4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

No excuse for the looting and arson tbh. Just a bunch of opportunist young thugs out for some kicks and free gear. 

👀

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1266741059163389952

Governor, two mayors and attorney general all claiming outside forces with mischievous intent responsible for this.

I remember someone earlier in the thread asking me if I'd been there and could confirm a report from a local I'd passed along :rofl: Ram it, you absolute bampot.

image.png.1d3dfdd1643dc88d8176ecea11c529b7.png

Utter scum, you say? Opportunist "thugs"?

image.png.b0f0d04f1bc9174c3b83623d4af65bb8.png

:greggy:

2 hours ago, Cade said:

To misquote:

"The trouble with America is that it's full of Americans"

Merciless Facts About King Edward Longshanks, The Hammer Of The Scots

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

The USA isn't any of those things. I'm really really baffled by the technology part though.

You don't think the Americans are the most technically advanced Country on earth?

They definitely are. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Militarily? Because that's where all your tech comes from. If you've seen it, it's probably out of date. 

Wait, what? You can't just suddenly throw "military" into the argument. The initial argument you made was that the USA was maybe the most advanced country technology-wise. I disagree, and linked to an analysis entitled "Most Technologically Advanced Countries In The World 2020" which agreed that they aren't.

Advanced tech comes from many sources, not just the military.

5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Yosemite - a shithole

Grand Canyon - a shithole

Florida Keys - a shithole

Augusta National - a shithole

etc.

Your brain - a shitfest

'When you scratch the surface' means getting away from the lauded national parks and beauty spots. Fairly sure the touristy parts of a country dont represent the real country. Bash on tho da' 

Weehammy - weebrain more like 

Just now, redjambo said:

Wait, what? You can't just suddenly throw "military" into the argument. The initial argument you made was that the USA was maybe the most advanced country technology-wise. I disagree, and linked to an analysis entitled "Most Technologically Advanced Countries In The World 2020" which agreed that they aren't.

Advanced tech comes from many sources, not just the military.

You're unreal like. Onto the ignore list you pop. 👍 

Just now, Cruyff said:

You're unreal like. Onto the ignore list you pop. 👍 

:rofl:Placed on ignore because I countered someone's arguments in a civil manner. The world is going crazy.

Has Justin Z always been this unhinged? 

He's *actually* defending these people.

Edited by Ritchez

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:rofl:Placed on ignore because I countered someone's arguments in a civil manner. The world is going crazy.

Nah, it's because your a condescending pedantic pain in the arse. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Nah, it's because your a condescending pedantic pain in the arse. 

I would suggest that you contact the mods and point out to them that the ignore function doesn't seem to be working. :wink:

8 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

*a bunch of white supremacist, racist nonsense including JACK POSOBIEC* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So which banned returnee are you, Ritch?

23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

So which banned returnee are you, Ritch?

I don't particularly care who posted the videos. Does it make what happened in them any less real? 

Any sane-minded person would agree that this behaviour is utterly deplorable and pointless. In Portland they looted a Louis Vutton store FFS - this is not about George Floyd.

Not like this needs to be said, but is in fact possible to criticise both police brutality *and* Antifa violence. 

1 minute ago, Ritchez said:

Any sane-minded person would agree that this behaviour is utterly deplorable and pointless. In Portland they looted a Louis Vutton store FFS - this is not about George Floyd.

Incorrect on all counts, but thanks for playing.

Oh, is this the looting people keep talking about?

US billionaires boost collective wealth by $406 billion as markets rebound in the coronavirus pandemic, report finds

Louis Vuitton and Bernard Arnault with his hundred billion dollar net worth can gtf. Meanwhile, the meaningful point that needs to actually be focused on is that the governor and attorney general of Minnesota and the mayors of Minneapolis and St Paul have confirmed that it was the outside white supremacist forces that came into the state responsible for targeting small, often minority-owned businesses. As part of a coordinated attack? Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Not like this needs to be said, but is in fact possible to criticise both police brutality *and* Antifa violence

:rofl: Still not getting it, not that that's any surprise based on your contributions up to now. :thumbsup: 

Riots will just get more and more commonplace as the world gets more disillusioned with absolutely ******* everything. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

You don't think the Americans are the most technically advanced Country on earth?

They definitely are. 

You're having a laugh. 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

No need to apologize. You’re way off base to say it’s a racist uncaring place though.

Scotland on the other hand is a racist uncaring place.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Ritchez said:

He’s actually one of the top trollers on these type of threads. Pretentious faker truth be told.

3 hours ago, Ritchez said:

Who were you before, Ritchie?

Why do you put stars around certain words?

Asking for a friend.  :thumbsup:

Shanks said no

I'm watching this live on CNN, coverage is ok but a bit excitable.

Any suggestions of where I can get other live coverage in the UK?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I'm watching this live on CNN, coverage is ok but a bit excitable.

Any suggestions of where I can get other live coverage in the UK?

Download the CBS news app, regional coverage of LA, Philly, San Fran, Chicago, NY, etc. No VPN required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treemolabs.apps.cbsnews&hl=en_GB&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dcbs+news+app+google+play

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That's just absolutely shocking. 

American conservatives: Just think, that precious baby you aborted could've joined our child militia. 🌠

chuck berrys hairline

Man dies trying to protect his shop. Likes of justin approve this post! Its not an eye for an eye this shit. Now that video looks like a racist attack to me a group of minorities attacking and killing a white man. One even throws a brick at his unconcious body/head. Liberals have blood on their hands now.

Screenshot_2020-05-31-04-57-38.png

Edited by chuck berrys hairline
Sp

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Liberals have blood on their hands now.

Is that right aye? I have blood on my hands do I?

:cornette:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Man dies trying to protect his shop. Likes of justin approve this post! Its not an eye for an eye this shit. Now that video looks like a racist attack to me a group of minorities attacking and killing a white man. One even throws a brick at his unconcious body/head. Liberals have blood on their hands now.

Screenshot_2020-05-31-04-57-38.png

Doesn't appear to have been killed. In hospital, though. Fascists, eh?

https://www.freepressjournal.in/world/nsfw-amid-protests-over-george-floyds-death-video-of-irate-mob-assaulting-shopkeeper-in-dallas-goes-viral

13 hours ago, redjambo said:

Hilarious isn't it. No abuse just facts, it's like he is Donald Trump