Thanks to the benefactors..5 more years of support

CJGJ

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Jeff said:

They should reveal themselves in 5 years like Diamond Dallas Page did during the WCW invasion

I think it's Ann.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• CJGJ

• jr ewing

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another "we tried everything box" ticked before court. 

totally

Interesting that a couple of the guesses are the two most common guesses on Hibs.net.

(not Franck or Jonno)

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

39 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Interesting that a couple of the guesses are the two most common guesses on Hibs.net.

(not Franck or Jonno)

It is great that it riles them so much.

Thank you to whoever it is.

A great big thankyou to the mystery benefactors from me, and when I get that great big win on the Euromillions I'll be looking to join their group, and oh how I would love to enjoy the seethe from the San Giro.

Lone Striker

Remarkable and mysterious in equal measure.   It makes our decline over these last 2 or 3 years even more embarrassing. 

Some folk on here have suggested  these benefactors would disappear if Ann left - so do we know if that's actually true ?   Is their  loyalty more to Ann, rather than the club ?    (Don't mean to sound like I'm not grateful !!)

5 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Jk Rowling 

No Shit!!! 😳

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Remarkable and mysterious in equal measure.   It makes our decline over these last 2 or 3 years even more embarrassing. 

Some folk on here have suggested  these benefactors would disappear if Ann left - so do we know if that's actually true ?   Is their  loyalty more to Ann, rather than the club ?    (Don't mean to sound like I'm not grateful !!)

Given the title of the thread I think its clear

I doubt Ann will be around for 5 years..certainly not in her current role

PS plenty of people know who they are but are keeping silent...truly that silence gets our friends from the village very upset

Edited by CJGJ

Psychedelicropcircle
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Anybody ITK who the benefactor is?

Its me cruicky de tell any *****

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Anybody ITK who the benefactor is?

Not ITK but I’ve always suspected that Wallace Mercer’s family/executor was one of them. Not sure what kind of financial nick Wallace was in when he departed but he loved the club with a passion.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Gambo said:

It is great that it riles them so much.

Thank you to whoever it is.

Isn't Andy Murray worth about £165m? Their rich fans obviously just don't care as much as our rich fans do.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Not ITK but I’ve always suspected that Wallace Mercer’s family/executor was one of them. Not sure what kind of financial nick Wallace was in when he departed but he loved the club with a passion.

As much as I’d like that to be true, again, it’s not.

FoH plus benefactors plus an amazingly loyal support.  Surely we'll get it right on the park next season whatever league we're in.

Other clubs must be green with envy.

See what I did there.

Independence

One sure way of putting the benefactors off continuing is to try and 'out them'. Leave it be and just be grateful we have them and also have such an amazing support through the FoH.

5 minutes ago, Independence said:

One sure way of putting the benefactors off continuing is to try and 'out them'. Leave it be and just be grateful we have them and also have such an amazing support through the FoH.

Exactly - folk should just be happy that these people are there in the background backing the club in the way that they do. It’s things like this that make us realise what a special club this is. 

chrisyboy7

We are very blessed to have so many good people supporting the club. The contributions have helped build us a stand and upgraded the others too along with a good pitch. 

In the very near future we will be back at the correct end of the table and looking to add more capacity as I feel our step back will kickstart the club in a way like never before. For the huge increase in Foh members and donations during this economic crisis is quite simple unprecedented and unbelievable It's only just started.... FTH

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Out of interest, are they supporting us for five years regardless of whether Budge is involved?

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Out of interest, are they supporting us for five years regardless of whether Budge is involved?

Probably not. 

I'm probably wrong but do a lot of big clubs not have anonymous investors/benefactors? Only when it comes to Hearts is it refereed to as "mysterious benefactor". For example, that dodgy scheme Hibs ran had people giving money under anonymous group names. Dave King refused to name who the investors were in Rangers in court.

Edited by MrBones

17 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What’s the source?

I’ve said before over the months I know of one benefactor.  (Assuming there may be more than 1). I don’t have first hand, solid proof but have spoken to enough people and had plenty info over the last few years to convince me. It’s also of interest to me because the said person is in the same industry I work in. 

All I’ll say is, we are in good hands. It may be obvious to say but the person, or persons, are rabid Hearts supporters. I can quite believe they’d do it for very little back.  I grew up with one family member too. Maroon to the core 👍🏻🇱🇻

Edited by Debut 4

18 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I think their contribution hasnt really been as appreciated as it should. 

£9m and 5 more years support for absolutely nothing.

That is more money that any owner outside the top clubs has invested.

Absolutely unbelievable and we wont have that without AB so as much as i am critical of her on field decisions that is something no one can argue with.

It is an astonishing amount of money to donate and like everyone else I am extremely grateful. They must be patient people because we've not invested their money all that well so far (especially on the field). But they obviously trust AB if they are committing to the next five years.

These are testing times but the resurgence of FoH and continuing support from wealthy benefactors gives us hope for the future.

SectionDJambo

The support Hearts receive from the "benefactors" is trememdous, even more so that it gets right under the skin of the, letter to Lithuania, nutters down at the twighlight zone.

I am not correct in saying that the funds Hearts receive are, in part at least, in return for the display of "Save the Children" as our shirt sponsor?

It can be a little irritating that their contributions are regarded, by the hard of thought, as dodgy free money to Hearts, generous though their assistance is, particularly during these times.

Vlad Magic
33 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Probably not. 

Expect the “Budge out” propaganda machines gears to start turning.

Level playing field and all that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Expect the “Budge out” propaganda machines gears to start turning.

Level playing field and all that.

Not really but it does give an under-performing CEO a lot of leverage. I assumed they’d be Hearts fans rather than Budge fans (although they could be both tbf)

Tynecastlesmychurch
19 hours ago, Jeff said:

They should reveal themselves in 5 years like Diamond Dallas Page did during the WCW invasion

Reveal themselves and then get buried by the undertaker and his wife! 😂 

it’s good to see another fan wrestling on here!

All roads lead to Gorgie

A huge thank you to our benefactors, you are doing us proud. I can't wait to see us thrive when it finally falls into place on the pitch which will surely happen now! 

Tynecastle will be bursting at the seams when the virus goes completely, fingers crossed on that and then watch us go. Hibs and the rest look out!

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Probably not. 

On the contrary, if they've said five years then they very probably mean five years.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

On the contrary, if they've said five years then they very probably mean five years.

Unless we're badly managed probably. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Unless we're badly managed probably. 

You're a fountain of positivity, aren't you. :smile:

As far as I can see it, if they've committed themselves to support us for five years, then that's what they intend to do and it would take some fundamental change in the situation, and that most probably doesn't include Ann leaving, to change that position.

Of course I don't know their intentions, and nor does anyone outwith the benefactors and a small number of folk at Hearts, but to greet such positive news by worrying about whether it will in fact last five years seems churlish and unnecessarily negative to me. We do love a bit of doom and gloom, we Scots!

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As far as I can see it, if they've committed themselves to support us for five years, then that's what they intend to do and it would take some fundamental change in the situation, and that most probably doesn't include Ann leaving, to change that position.

Of course I don't know their intentions, and nor does anyone outwith the benefactors and a small number of folk at Hearts, but to greet such positive news by worrying about whether it will in fact last five years seems churlish and unnecessarily negative to me. We do love a bit of doom and gloom, we Scots!

Aye, fear the best expect the worst .👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In a wider sense I just hope that they aren’t tied to Budge in a way which affects their involvement if she leaves. As CEO she needs to be accountable (and move on sharpish imo)

EH23-Jambo
4 hours ago, Independence said:

Correct. Heard rumours in the stands and in pubs but that's all they are. I'm sure whoever it is loves Hearts as much as we do, they've just got a fair whack eh coin in the bank. I'm extremely grateful, whoever they are. 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve said before over the months I know of one benefactor.  (Assuming there may be more than 1). I don’t have first hand, solid proof but have spoken to enough people and had plenty info over the last few years to convince me. It’s also of interest to me because the said person is in the same industry I work in. 

All I’ll say is, we are in good hands. It may be obvious to say but the person, or persons, are rabid Hearts supporters. I can quite believe they’d do it for very little back.  I grew up with one family member too. Maroon to the core 👍🏻🇱🇻

Ah that’s good and thanks for a sensible answer to my question unlike some other jokers above 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

The best thing about the benefactors remaining anonymous is that it let's us speculate that it's really Vlad.

Which really rips the tramps knitting big time.

And I think the benefactors know it.

Vlad is amongst us. 

Thank you benefactors, we are lucky to have them.  Considering the financial mismanagement we’ve had at the club for the past few years it’s frightening to think the state we’d be in without their money.

50 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:spoton:

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not really but it does give an under-performing CEO a lot of leverage. I assumed they’d be Hearts fans rather than Budge fans (although they could be both tbf)

Can you not just give yourself and everyone else a break from your negativety ? 

Every fecking thread you infest trying to turn positives into negatives. 😴

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can you not just give yourself and everyone else a break from your negativety ? 

Every fecking thread you infest trying to turn positives into negatives. 😴

You’d have thought that after a few years or spiralling to the bottom of the league, even the patsies in our support would see the value of scrutiny. But apparently not.

Clerry Jambo
6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Do you think their money is dependent on Ann staying at club?

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do you think their money is dependent on Ann staying at club?

I think it helps.