Banning journalists from the club.

GinRummy

Something I’ve never been keen on in the past but given recent media coverage, could it be time to ban some journalists or newspapers from Tynecastle? 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• oi oi

• martoon

• Paolo

Top Posters In This Topic

part_time_jambo

And those journalists allowed in are only allowed to report good news.

This threads going well.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Counter-productive and petty.  And gives more fuel for the folk who shout "Wee Huns".

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

queensferryjambo

The journalists that are getting into Hearts probably rarely ever attend Tynecastle you would think - apart from Rangers and Celtic games

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

This threads going well.

😂 tbf I never suggested anything like that.  I suppose my issue is with guys like Chick Young who referred to hearts fans as ‘pigs’ and presumably will be afforded some level of hospitality next time he comes to tynecastle as a journalist. I’ve nothing against journalists having an opinion that doesn’t match that of an average hearts fan. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

This threads going well.

That'll test their powers of invention.

annushorribilis III
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Something I’ve never been keen on in the past but given recent media coverage, could it be time to ban some journalists or newspapers from Tynecastle? 

The only one that gets under my skin is the Record and they had to back down over that shocking image of a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not going to confuse "sports reporters" (let's not call them journalists because they are not journalists )  with gobshites like Young & Gordon who appear on an entertainment programme on BBC Scotland that is dressed up as offering some kind of meaningful  insight but in reality is  one step above a phone-in for the clinically insane. 

Newspaper journalism is become less and less relevant therefore banning just gives them the impression they are of importance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I like the sentiment, but think its counter productive. Best advice, keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

We need to know how to behave like weasels. Nice doesn't cut it

Banning them will not stop them reporting whatever they want. Anyway when was the last time a journalist was inside Tynecastle?

If you don’t like what people are saying about Hearts perhaps start by banning away fans, they say far worse things than any journalist!

FREE SPEECH - HHGH

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Banning them will not stop them reporting whatever they want. Anyway when was the last time a journalist was inside Tynecastle?

If you don’t like what people are saying about Hearts perhaps start by banning away fans, they say far worse things than any journalist!

FREE SPEECH - HHGH

To be fair, free speech can be achieved without insults and lies and definitely without pictures of a bloody hand, holding a knife going through the clubs badge. I never said it in the original post but I wasn’t suggesting banning people simply for saying things the club doesn’t like. 

Let them come and experience the hostility. That applies to journalists (such as they are), SPFL and the club chairman who have been putting the boot in. 

I want Tynecastle to be fearsome for all that dare to enter. Including me.

Famous 1874

**** that Keith Jackson knobend. And **** the Sun, Daily Record and the Mail.

Should make them pay to come in, and should publicly challenge any wrong or inappropriate stories that they publish about the club. 

The press in recent weeks against the clubs has been a disgrace. 

I would be in favour of banning individuals if it came to it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The access they get is limited anyway. Press conferences and games, of which there are none at the moment. So it wouldn’t have much effect.

We do get some dreadful coverage but all the same, every club support is biased. You only have to look at the way some on here have warmed to that utter knob Provan to realise that we like it when people say nice things about us and we don’t when they don’t.

Tom English another example.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe better to let them enjoy the atmosphere, Scott Wilson could ask us to welcome them at the beginning of the game 🤔?

Too Sevco....

Just dinny go to away games, the message would be powerful to everyone including the players, a reminder of how this has panned out, and pump that dosh in FoH and lets come back with ferocity, desire and a purpose....

manaliveits105

Starve them of oxygen - don't listen to them on radio - don't buy their papers or click on their sites 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe better to let them enjoy the atmosphere, Scott Wilson could ask us to welcome them at the beginning of the game 🤔?

That’s an idea I could get behind 👍

They say ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer’ but there comes a time you need to deal with the latter and rid a problem. 

The club has had the pish ripped out it for too long and for these smug *******s to be allowed to keep grinning as they enter Tynie thinking they’re still getting their own way , shouldn't be allowed to happen. 

stevie1874
36 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

**** that Keith Jackson knobend. And **** the Sun, Daily Record and the Mail.

Should make them pay to come in, and should publicly challenge any wrong or inappropriate stories that they publish about the club. 

The press in recent weeks against the clubs has been a disgrace. 

I would be in favour of banning individuals if it came to it. 

I agree with the club challenging inappropriate stories, but the problem we have is their is no platform to challenge them in Scotland out with our own club website at the moment. When this season is resolved I would like the club to employ someone with a bit of clout within media to deal with this and start fighting back. 

Did the Mail print that apology they promised on Sunday?

Other than that, agree with Geoff and others - make them pay to get in. Make them pay for food/drink (if they don't already). Don't even give them the Wi-Fi password. 

EDIT: They did, but as expected about 30 words in a wee font at the bottom of a page. Vermin. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/sunday-mail-uk/20200524/page/63

Edited by trotter

1 hour ago, jamboman9 said:

Nah that's a bit too weege.

Suggest we let them in and pelt them with pies.

To hell with that. Why waste a good pie!

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Banning is very China/North Korea. Once we get rid of journos we can move on to fans that disagree with the club hierarchy. After that, anyone who moans about team selection or slags off particular players can be hooked. That would help achieve social distancing as there’d be so few left. Maybe we could also arrange for dissenters to be ‘re-educated’?

It’s not really though is it 😏 Banning Chick Young for calling us pigs leaves a fair bit of breathing space from us becoming some sort of far left totalitarian micro state. In saying that I have been drawing up a list of new and potentially new dissenters of the hearts cause. 

Edited by GinRummy

We should certainly ban the Record.  That headline and imagery last week, was disgusting, inappropriate, and wholly offensive.  The pathetic half hearted and near hidden apology not much better.  

Then Saturday’s pathetic and untrue scare story.  

Agree with the sentiment OP, but banning the rags will probably just spur them on even more to post complete drivel. They clearly don't have any real insiders of 'friends' at Tynecastle, hence why it's very seldom that anything they report has an ounce of truth.

Just boycott them. If you aren't already. :) 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not really though is it 😏 Banning Chick Young for calling us pigs leaves a fair bit of breathing space from us becoming some sort of far left totalitarian micro state. In saying that I have been drawing up a list of new and potentially new dissenters of the hearts cause. 

I'd have banned him years ago. Never hides his dislike for HMFC. Even Richard Gordon, who's no friend of ours, pulled him up about it halfway through the 2005/06 season. Young hated that Hearts were threatening the duopoly, as it was then. 

Can't stand the wee shitehoose. 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Agree with the sentiment OP, but banning the rags will probably just spur them on even more to post complete drivel. They clearly don't have any real insiders of 'friends' at Tynecastle, hence why it's very seldom that anything they report has an ounce of truth.

Just boycott them. If you aren't already. :) 

I generally only read sports page stories on here or other forums when they’re copied and pasted. The papers I do read online rarely have any Scottish football news unless it’s a really major event, the odd match report on a big OF game etc. so my reading habits mean I don’t have to actively boycott. The only thing I read regularly was Gary Mackay’s column in the EEN and I’m done with that now as well. 

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I wish I’d been banned from Tynecastle over the last two or three years. I’d be a much happier individual.

😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'd have banned him years ago. Never hides his dislike for HMFC. Even Richard Gordon, who's no friend of ours, pulled him up about it halfway through the 2005/06 season. Young hated that Hearts were threatening the duopoly, as it was then. 

Can’t really remember him during that period. One thing that I missed with him was the point he crossed over from being the guy who does the jokey stories to being some sort of serious commentator on football matters. I mean, at one point  he’s up larking about with some Forres Mechanics player prior to them playing Celtic In a cup tie (or similar) and then somehow he’s arguing serious points on the radio. 

I'd ban the papers rather than the journalist, couldn't care less how that makes us look in the eyes of others. For far too long we've been the easy punchbag for these rats. If we had to allow them in for game coverage I'd give them the worst seats at Tynecastle, right down the front with no cover, or just where the rain water leaks off the roof and onto the front rows. We've been far to placid with these rodent scumbags. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Can’t really remember him during that period. One thing that I missed with him was the point he crossed over from being the guy who does the jokey stories to being some sort of serious commentator on football matters. I mean, at one point  he’s up larking about with some Forres Mechanics player prior to them playing Celtic In a cup tie (or similar) and then somehow he’s arguing serious points on the radio. 

Seem to remember him shouting "We're you at the game" a lot. 

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Isn't he also a Midden fan? Says it all that he wants to protect the other two. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd make them pay their way in. No more freebies.

This - they can claim it as a business expense and the money comes into football

6 minutes ago, trotter said:

Isn't he also a Midden fan? Says it all that he wants to protect the other two. 

I know.

A St. Mirren/Old Firm fanatic.

He makes me want to hurl. 

Jingle Bells

The journo's rely on stories from the Club to make a living.

Might be a good idea to cultivate them more with good news stories about the Club, to get them more onside.

Edited by Jingle Bells

Fix our twitter and invest in our media department.

Then positively discriminate in their favour making it the only conduit available.

buzzbomb1958

Our club has become too mamby Pamby to do that , we need to grow a pair and just tell them all that until true  and fair journalism kicks in Tynecastle is a closed door,if they want football stories go back and sit on the erse cheeks doorsteps like they have done for years.I love what Ann has done for us and she will always be remembered for her rescuing us but now it's time to start biting back at all these clubs who have wronged us but we need a hard as nails person to take up the fight and stand on everyone of them to get back where we belong.I don't give a shit if we become the most hated club in Scotland we will come again ONLY HEARTS

30 minutes ago, martoon said:

Richard Gordon should have been banned after his ‘Go Home’ rant about Miko.   

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Chick Young who referred to hearts fans as ‘pigs

When we get back to Tynecastle and Chick is there he will certainly here what we the fans think of him. That goes for the others who have an agenda against us.

Let them come, tell them what we think about them. 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Richard Gordon should have been banned after his ‘Go Home’ rant about Miko.   

Aye. Agreed. 

Seaside jambo
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Starve them of oxygen - don't listen to them on radio - don't buy their papers or click on their sites 

This , just ignore the parasites 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Don't need to ban them I just wish we had a better PR department that would call out the utter trash reporting from pundits such as Boyd, Young, Miller etc etc. It would save Budge occasionally having to fire back herself.