Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

23 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

If anyone else was fortunate enough to have watched the Basel game in the Orwell Lodge way back in the day, they might remember the Swiss TV coverage had a very similar Highlands/Braveheart type montage prior to the game. 

I was there that night... amazing 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Disappointing they didn't have Hickey appear out of the water, instead of the... erm... Loch Ness something :lol: 

Absolutely magnificent, in a ridiculous way

I could be wrong, it looks like it portrays him as a god in Scotland.  Like from the clash of the titans (original) movie, also Jason and the argonaut scene with neptune. 

It's cleverly done, perhaps a bit cheesy looking.  I like it ☺  

Next he will be doing odour of nessy commercials 🤔 

40 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

delighted for you mate. you can ease off the diazepam now :) 

I still hope the logic of the delay is explained one day at was the lack of logic that was getting to me. But for now I will just enjoy that there was a conclusion (that’s what the lady said).

1 hour ago, Benzinho said:

If anyone else was fortunate enough to have watched the Basel game in the Orwell Lodge way back in the day, they might remember the Swiss TV coverage had a very similar Highlands/Braveheart type montage prior to the game. 

I was there. Do you remember the amount of beer that hit the ceiling when Neilson scored, and the daft Hiby who broke cover not long before? 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I was there. Do you remember the amount of beer that hit the ceiling when Neilson scored, and the daft Hiby who broke cover not long before? 

Aye, it was total carnage when Robbie scored. I ended up in a beer soaked pile up of about 30 people! 

Don't remember the Hibby though. 

Edited by Benzinho

1 minute ago, Benzinho said:

Aye, it was total carnage when Robbie scored. I ended up in a beer soaked pile up of about 30 people! 

He was over by the window in the corner, but he promptly shut-up when he realised he was alone.

I would have been one of the pile.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I still hope the logic of the delay is explained one day at was the lack of logic that was getting to me. But for now I will just enjoy that there was a conclusion (that’s what the lady said).

thanks to a 'happy ending' you can sleep well tonight.

sure it'll all come out in the wash. most probably just a case of whatever the equivalent of 'manyana. manyana...' is in Italian.  

I notice that the BBC are reporting the value of the deal as £1.5million. It was originally said to be £I.8million. Is this just the MSM doing what they do, i.e. playing down non OF stuff while they play-up the  arse cheeks?

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I notice that the BBC are reporting the value of the deal as £1.5million. It was originally said to be £I.8million. Is this just the MSM doing what they do, i.e. playing down non OF stuff while they play-up the  arse cheeks?

In Italy it's quoted at €2 million 

13 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

So no loan then, immediate transfer?

believe so, we wouldn’t be able to put a sell on clause in contract if it was a free

2 hours ago, Benzinho said:

I was there that night with my late Dad, total carnage when the goal went in, great times. 

🤣 Some unveil.

Going to look forward to watching Bologna's games. Would've loved him to keep developing at Hearts but he's at least pushing himself hard by going abroad.

Here's hoping we have a nice sell on clause because he's got the potential to be a player of high interest for many top clubs within his 5 year deal.

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope we're not going to spend any of this money on players.  We don't need any and they would just be a wage burden.

It’s depressing but true we would just waste any money due to our awful scouting department.

29 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s depressing but true we would just waste any money due to our awful scouting department.

Yes, it seems the wide men we've brought in for the Championship are a waste of space.

8 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

As I thought, that we be just over  £1.8million at todays rate.

You don't expect the media to get it right, do you.  If he'd been an Uglies' player it would be touted as £5 million.

And as a postscript, what an utter shambles Reporting Scotland was this evening on the transfer.  Has Chic got the film editing job?

jamboinglasgow

On Scots playing in Italy, its pretty impressive seeing that Liam Henderson is quite fluent in Italian after being there for 2 and a half years. Hopefully Hickey gets some tips off him in learning the language.

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

believe so, we wouldn’t be able to put a sell on clause in contract if it was a free

At his age we'd be due training compensation even if his contract ran out, so we'd be free to negotiate a sell on fee in lieu of that.

After too many young players failing to reach their potential or leaving for negligible fees or free transfers let's hope this move of Hickey's shows the youngsters that if they buckle down they can leave for a good fee - a club paying money for your services guarantees you greater consideration for game opportunity as they have something to lose over the course of your contract - and gets the Academy going. I hope Robbie continues to give youth a chance but in the right way. 

As for Hickey it is the right move. They play football with a bit of brains in Italy so it can only help him.

Edited by Spellczech

Fantastic move for the boy and financially very good for the club. 
Hope he goes on to have an outstanding career and he converts a few Italians to be jambos along the way. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

Seymour M Hersh

Delighted for the lad and if it doesn't work out for him there it won't be down to lack of attitude or ability.

I did laugh at Levein's qote though.

"I spent the last three or four months trying to get him to sign a new contract. It was extremely difficult because he doesn't say anything."

18 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

On Scots playing in Italy, its pretty impressive seeing that Liam Henderson is quite fluent in Italian after being there for 2 and a half years. Hopefully Hickey gets some tips off him in learning the language.

That's actually great to see. 

6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Good lad, loved how he was concentrating hard on all the questions, a great attitude. He is the sort of player who will end up getting so much more from his career than more gifted players who are not willing to leave their comfort zones, wish him all the best like Hickey.

Konrad von Carstein
18 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Impressive, very impressive...well done.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Good lad, loved how he was concentrating hard on all the questions, a great attitude. He is the sort of player who will end up getting so much more from his career than more gifted players who are not willing to leave their comfort zones, wish him all the best like Hickey.

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Impressive, very impressive...well done.

A credit to himself, and Scotland. 

22 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Way back in 97 I worked beside a bloke that used to go over to watch Milan periodically as he had friends who lived there.  He said Italian is quite easy to learn.

Not taking any credit away, just pointing out it’s apparently one of the easier European languages around to learn if you stick at it. Aaron comes across as a level headed lad, I’m sure he’ll have no problem. 👍🏻

On 24/09/2020 at 14:15, Benzinho said:

There was a hibby in The Ettrick where it was absolute carnage when Robbie scored.

22 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That's great stuff and he has clearly settled into the place there.

I am not sure the Italian for "Box to box" is "Box to box", mind 😄

Cheers,

my name is Giuseppe and i am from Bologna living in NYC. I would like to thank you because your forum was our best source to understand what was happening with Hickey ‘s trade. Thank you also for the nice words about our city, really appreciate it.  We are excited for this signing, Hickey nickname will be “ cinno” which is kid in our language
some update: today Sinisa in the press conference told that he is very pleased with Aaron, he is very smart for his age and he could be in the 11 squad monday. 
On a personal note, my wife loves “Still game”!

thank you and sorry for the Intrusion

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Cheers,

my name is Giuseppe and i am from Bologna living in NYC. I would like to thank you because your forum was our best source to understand what was happening with Hickey ‘s trade. Thank you also for the nice words about our city, really appreciate it.  We are excited for this signing, Hickey nickname will be “ cinno” which is kid in our language
some update: today Sinisa in the press conference told that he is very pleased with Aaron, he is very smart for his age and he could be in the 11 squad monday. 

Nice post Giuseppe, your not intruding all football fans are welcome, well, almost all😉

13 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Cheers,

Still Game . My wife and I are watching the entire series on Youtube. 

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Cheers,

Welcome.

Hopefully Hickey starts tomorrow evening, will tune in if he does.

Wonder what sort of sell on fee we managed to secure...

On 25 September 2020 at 22:06, Debut 4 said:

Way back in 97 I worked beside a bloke that used to go over to watch Milan periodically as he had friends who lived there.  He said Italian is quite easy to learn.

Not taking any credit away, just pointing out it’s apparently one of the easier European languages around to learn if you stick at it. Aaron comes across as a level headed lad, I’m sure he’ll have no problem. 👍🏻

Se si puo parlare il Francese e facile intendere l'italiano.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Cheers,

Ciao Giuseppe 

Edited by upgotheheads