Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

I was just reading about Luis Suarez and noticed this

"Suarez flew to Perugia to take an Italian language test which he passed, in order to obtain a citizenship." 

I wonder if this is the sort of thing that could be holding up the deal. I know he wouldn't be going for citizenship, but could it be possible that he needs to pass a language test to be allowed to work in Italy? 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perth to Paisley
47 minutes ago, kjc2006 said:

"Suarez flew to Perugia to take an Italian language test which he passed, in order to obtain a citizenship." 

I wonder if this is the sort of thing that could be holding up the deal. I know he wouldn't be going for citizenship, but could it be possible that he needs to pass a language test to be allowed to work in Italy? 

Presumsbly he is now classed as Non EU so there will be more hoops than before.

Love how this story panned out 😁

Italy 🇮🇹  - you got to love it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-54250454

He has now agreed to move to Atletico.

Edited by Perth to Paisley

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that British footballers will be classed as EU until after this transfer window 

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Hoops, genius, but is this a spaghetti or a Celtic reference? 

3 hours ago, kjc2006 said:

Hickey can speak a little of every language in the world............'pizza'!

Glamorgan Jambo

Has to be said that it's taking a heck of a long time for a couple of 'administrative issues' to be resolved. probably because they are way more complex  and substantial than any that can be afforded the title 'administrative issues'.

31 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Has to be said that it's taking a heck of a long time for a couple of 'administrative issues' to be resolved. probably because they are way more complex  and substantial than any that can be afforded the title 'administrative issues'.

I deal with the italian part of my company on a daily basis, there is a huge difference between 'administrative issues' and 'italian administrative issues'

Neil Dongcaster

Better get a move on, things can change rapidly with covid and if they decide to pause the leagues or whatever Bologna might just be like nah.

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Bit of an anti climax statement.

:lol:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hickey-leaves-for-serie-a

Aaron Hickey has completed a permanent transfer to Bologna.

The 18-year-old makes the move to the Serie A side for an undisclosed fee.

Left-back Aaron rose to prominence when he earned a starting berth in the 2019 Scottish Cup Final, aged only 16.

He went on to make a total of 32 appearances in a maroon shirt and scored one goal, which was the winner in a 2-1 victory against Hibs at Easter Road in September 2019.

The club wishes Aaron every success with the next chapter of his career.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hickey-leaves-for-serie-a

Aaron Hickey has completed a permanent transfer to Bologna.

The 18-year-old makes the move to the Serie A side for an undisclosed fee.

Left-back Aaron rose to prominence when he earned a starting berth in the 2019 Scottish Cup Final, aged only 16.

He went on to make a total of 32 appearances in a maroon shirt and scored one goal, which was the winner in a 2-1 victory against Hibs at Easter Road in September 2019.

The club wishes Aaron every success with the next chapter of his career.

I have visions of @BackoftheNet in a collapsed sweating heap in front of his PC upon hearing the transfer is complete.  When does the champagne get opened? :)

BBC saying it's £1.5m despite Hearts saying "undisclosed". I know italian media had said it was a £1.8m deal. BBC just running with the figure they decided previously, or have they actually done some investigation?

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

BBC saying it's £1.5m despite Hearts saying "undisclosed". I know italian media had said it was a £1.8m deal. BBC just running with the figure they decided previously, or have they actually done some investigation?

Might be 1.8m euros ?

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

The BBC doing some investigation? BBC is the home of lazy journalism.

7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Either way it's a pretty good return on a boy who was free to talk to other clubs on Dec 1st which is just over 2 months away.

3 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Ah, that explains the delay in the announcement 

:rofl:

Edited by BigAlim

So it appears to be a proper transfer and not the loan with options that was quoted earlier. Celtic will get their sell on fee but at least we've got some decent cash for a guy who was always going to move on for free after this season.

If anyone else was fortunate enough to have watched the Basel game in the Orwell Lodge way back in the day, they might remember the Swiss TV coverage had a very similar Highlands/Braveheart type montage prior to the game. 

Hagar the Horrible

Best of luck to him, hope we state the undisclosed fee as £3 to Celtic, and they donate £1.8m to FoH

At least they have their doubts on him arriving in the same was as we are still awaiting Hleb

They have their man and he is real

A fantastic move for a player of his age and experience and an excellent end-result for Hearts.   :robboyas:

Good luck Aaron and make the most of it!    :icon14: