Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

In a language mix up, Bologna asked Hickey what shirt number he wanted and if he wanted a nickname on the shirts instead of his last name, but the young lad misinterpreted and gave them his bank details. So he’s now number 9...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are stories about him in last 24 hours or so in the Italian press/media with some pictures

Il Resto del Carlino

https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/fc/hickey-1.5515945

Bologna, 16 September 2020 – First group training session for Aaron Hickey,left-back class of 2002, who today began to taste Mihajlovic's methods and to become familiar with the rest of the team. The Scot, picked up by the Heart of Midlothian and waiting to be made official, had already been seen on the fields of Casteldebole yesterday for a purely athletic session, while today he was inserted, in attack drills against defence, in a 4 line composed of him, De Silvestri, and the pair Danilo-Denswil in the middle.

The full-back was able to take the field with his team-mates after receiving confirmation of negativity to the buffer carried out; the same fate for Claudio Fenucci, also negative result after spending the last period in trust isolation, and ready to return to his work.

Edited by CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Let’s see what Google translate has to say...

Bologna Fc news, Aaron Hickey arrives on the pitch

Finally the Scotsman has received the second negative swab and can start training

Aaron Hickey (right) with Andreas Skov Olsen (photo Schicchi)

Bologna, 16 September 2020 - First training in the group for Aaron Hickey, left-back born in 2002, who today began to taste Mihajlovic's methods and to become familiar with the rest of the team.  The Scotsman, taken from the Heart of Midlothian and waiting to be made official, had already seen himself yesterday on the fields of Casteldebole for a purely athletic session, while today he was included, in attack against defense exercises, in a 4-way line  made up of him, De Silvestri, and the couple Danilo-Denswil in between.

The full-back was in fact able to take the field with his teammates after receiving confirmation of negativity to the swab carried out;  same fate for Claudio Fenucci, who was also negative after spending the last period in fiduciary isolation, and therefore ready to return to his work.

Wednesday, at Bologna, characterized by a double session in view of the first away match of the year, that of Monday at Milan: in the morning I work in athletic and tactical groups, while in the afternoon, as mentioned, exercises and attack tests against  defence.  For Medel therapies and differentiated training, while tomorrow, Thursday, the team will have a session behind closed doors.

Gorgie Boot boy

BackOfTheNet

•                                                                                               BackOfTheNet                                                                                                  Thanks for the news
  • taken from the Heart of Midlothian .
  • Any idea if a loan or sold ?
  • May see him on the bench V Milan.
  • Lucky boy wish him success beyond his wildest dreams.
Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

55 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

In a language mix up, Bologna asked Hickey what shirt number he wanted and if he wanted a nickname on the shirts instead of his last name, but the young lad misinterpreted and gave them his bank details. So he’s now number 9...

Shirt number 51 still available though....

:pleasing:

Also nice to see they've signed another young Scottish lad, shirt number 22:

_90273609_mediaitem90273608.jpg

Edited by tian447

Guest ToqueJambo

I am ridiculously excited about following Hickey's progress. Will be tuning in to Bologna games. Last time I can remember being this interested in one of our own making the step up was Robbo going to Newcastle and Gordon to Sunderland. Sounds like Bologna will know how to use Hickey, unlike Newcastle with Robbo.

Unlike Calum P who you feel has found a level and won't really get any better, Hickey seems to have that something extra to genuinely have a chance of getting to a very high level.

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Shirt number 51 still available though....

Has to be 51. When asked why, word about the best cup final in history gets spread even further.

Looking at Hickey's rival for LB, Dijks hasn't exactly had a stellar career son far. A very good career with decent number of games with Ajax and Bologna, but no senior caps. It's not unrealistic for Hickey to think that's someone he can dislodge.

Edited by ToqueJambo

25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

An Italian guy asking about Hickey on that tweet and the official Bologna account posted a loading gif. Must be close! 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jambotea said:

Someone claiming on Twitter he has failed the medical, no details and it's Twitter so no idea how good the source is.

Twitter also said he'd signed for Bayern for 5 years.

4 minutes ago, jambotea said:

Someone claiming on Twitter he has failed the medical, no details and it's Twitter so no idea how good the source is.

Don't see how that's possible considering he's already been training with the full team.

If he failed we would all know about it.  Did someone not post he had an option of staying here for a year or opt to pursue a first team bash right away.  Maybe he hasn't decided yet.  Don't go mad by quoting me furiously, was just itching my mind. 

Having got that off my mind, the fact we are looking for a new left back would extinguish that idea ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

Gorgie Boot boy

Hickey had two tests both negative, he started training with his team mates on Wednesday. Someone posted the translated article here on Kickback yesterday. Hickey is training with the side due to play Milan. Also said an official statement is still to be made.

Gorgie Boot boy
23 hours ago, CJGJ said:

There are stories about him in last 24 hours or so in the Italian press/media with some pictures

Il Resto del Carlino

https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/fc/hickey-1.5515945

Bologna, 16 September 2020 – First group training session for Aaron Hickey,left-back class of 2002, who today began to taste Mihajlovic's methods and to become familiar with the rest of the team. The Scot, picked up by the Heart of Midlothian and waiting to be made official, had already been seen on the fields of Casteldebole yesterday for a purely athletic session, while today he was inserted, in attack drills against defence, in a 4 line composed of him, De Silvestri, and the pair Danilo-Denswil in the middle.

The full-back was able to take the field with his team-mates after receiving confirmation of negativity to the buffer carried out; the same fate for Claudio Fenucci, also negative result after spending the last period in trust isolation, and ready to return to his work.

Here is the post 

Gorgie Boot boy
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

i Have the Bologna website saved. I was on that guys twitter, was more interested in what the GIF was than why i was on it. I had to google him to find out he was a Bologna fan. Thought he was maybe a player.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

15E3D55F-40F6-425A-A590-55F5CD1D7B7C.jpeg

402C991C-4FDB-4C7B-A28D-E153238A9894.jpeg

i love these images, great to see Hickey with a new mate. Brilliant . Thank you so much.

Gorgie Boot boy
23 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s see what Google translate has to say...

Bologna Fc news, Aaron Hickey arrives on the pitch

Finally the Scotsman has received the second negative swab and can start training

Bologna, 16 September 2020 - First training in the group for Aaron Hickey, left-back born in 2002, who today began to taste Mihajlovic's methods and to become familiar with the rest of the team.  The Scotsman, taken from the Heart of Midlothian and waiting to be made official, had already seen himself yesterday on the fields of Casteldebole for a purely athletic session, while today he was included, in attack against defense exercises, in a 4-way line  made up of him, De Silvestri, and the couple Danilo-Denswil in between.

The full-back was in fact able to take the field with his teammates after receiving confirmation of negativity to the swab carried out;  same fate for Claudio Fenucci, who was also negative after spending the last period in fiduciary isolation, and therefore ready to return to his work.

Wednesday, at Bologna, characterized by a double session in view of the first away match of the year, that of Monday at Milan: in the morning I work in athletic and tactical groups, while in the afternoon, as mentioned, exercises and attack tests against  defence.  For Medel therapies and differentiated training, while tomorrow, Thursday, the team will have a session behind closed doors.

Here is another from yesterday. The source link , if you are interested. https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/fc/hickey-1.5515945

1 hour ago, jambotea said:

:kirk:

Maybe there is someone coming our way on loan as part of the arrangement? Obviously we'll still get the €2m loan fee from them as part of the obligation to buy thing. Maybe a chance for the two clubs to work together in the future.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is the Hearts press officer away to Blackpool for the September weekend or what???

Surely it's up to Bologna to announce anything not Hearts. Anything to have a go at the club. :vrface:

30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely it's up to Bologna to announce anything not Hearts. Anything to have a go at the club. :vrface:

:wtfvlad:

When have I had a go at the club?

Surely Hearts would announce selling (or loaning) one of its regular first team players no?

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Surely Hearts would announce selling (or loaning) one of its regular first team players no?

I assume that, out of courtesy, you would give the destination team first dibs on making the announcement.

On 17/09/2020 at 17:58, ToqueJambo said:

I am ridiculously excited about following Hickey's progress. Will be tuning in to Bologna games. Last time I can remember being this interested in one of our own making the step up was Robbo going to Newcastle and Gordon to Sunderland. Sounds like Bologna will know how to use Hickey, unlike Newcastle with Robbo.

Unlike Calum P who you feel has found a level and won't really get any better, Hickey seems to have that something extra to genuinely have a chance of getting to a very high level.

A bit harsh on Calum Paterson but I know what you mean an established EPL side are unlikely to pay money for him but I think he will always be useful to teams like Cardiff who are pushing for promotion and could get more EPL games under his belt if they go up. Hickey on the other hand could make the step up depending on how the next few seasons go. I'll be looking out for both their results. 

Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Surely the buying club will make the announcement when he has signed. After all they'll know before Hearts who are, according to you, all in Blackpool for the September weekend. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely the buying club will make the announcement when he has signed. After all they'll know before Hearts who are, according to you, all in Blackpool for the September weekend. 

Have they (Bologna) not announced it like???

And I just said the press officer NOT the whole club. 
You on yer period or what?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Seemingly Hickey’s representatives are holding up the deal while they “iron out” the details. Hoping his agent or whoever are doing the best by Hickey. Clubs can be vultures just as much as agents sometimes, so hoping this delay is to get a fair deal, rather than a cushy %.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

42 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Seemingly Hickey’s representatives are holding up the deal while they “iron out” the details. Hoping his agent or whoever are doing the best by Hickey. Clubs can be vultures just as much as agents sometimes, so hoping this delay is to get a fair deal, rather than a cushy %.

So he's not signed yet?  The contract lost in translation somewhere.   Found a discrepancy in the small print!

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Usually the buying club splashes the news first. Then the selling club says thanks to the player and good luck. 

6 hours ago, jambotea said:

Probably a bitter, random tim!

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Have they (Bologna) not announced it like???

And I just said the press officer NOT the whole club. 
You on yer period or what?

Just bored with people pontificating from a position of ignorance and using it to have snide pop at the club. 

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder if his dad is being as awkward with Bologna as he was with us.

Maybe they popped into the Bologna train station toilets - 15 yrs ago and I've never seen anything like it before or since - Needles and spoons all over the place. Suddenly I didn't need anymore. It' is what I imagine Leith to be like...

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Spellczech said:

Maybe they popped into the Bologna train station toilets - 15 yrs ago and I've never seen anything like it before or since - Needles and spoons all over the place. Suddenly I didn't need anymore. It' is what I imagine Leith to be like...

Bologna is a lovely city, it is rough though.

Gorgie Boot boy
20 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

So he's not signed yet?  The contract lost in translation somewhere.   Found a discrepancy in the small print!

Awaiting an official statement from Balogna Fc.

Hickey is bedding himself into training with a side due to face Milan.

Not a lot is going to happen unless they play him as a trialist. Other paper work is also in transition

Gorgie Boot boy

Hickeys deal is based around a one year work permit allowing for his age and games played in the top flight in Scotland, The permit will be granted as full when he completes year two of his football working apprenticeship. This is the final piece of the jigsaw in this deal.

50 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hickeys deal is based around a one year work permit allowing for his age and games played in the top flight in Scotland, The permit will be granted as full when he completes year two of his football working apprenticeship. This is the final piece of the jigsaw in this deal.

Final piece of the jigsaw lol

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Final piece of the jigsaw lol

Yes, this is what is holding up the deal right now. Clearance.

Bologna will release the official signing on Tuesday this coming week.