communist

Hickey

N Lincs Jambo
On 09/09/2020 at 22:59, colinmaroon said:

We should have won 3-0 at home if it hadn't been for the referee,  with the bundles of Lira falling out of his pocket, giving a foul against Smith for holding onto the ball a millisecond longer than he should have,  according to him.  I think his name was Beatonio. 

We were comfortable at 3 zero at that point. 

We were ripping them a new one Colin. Dread to think how many we would have scored had he not decided to do a Collum?  Was the ref not a quite effeminate looking guy from Sweden that game? If it was the same guy I’m thinking of the Shed were giving him dogs abuse and wolf whistles galore. 

buzzbomb
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's like that sign that used to be in the pubs. "Free Beer Tomorrow"

Cannae wait

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I hope all the money isn’t paid at the end of the loan otherwise we get **** all now - it must be a split payment

Mr Brightside
8 hours ago, oi oi said:

Does FFP apply in the SPFL?  Not heard it mentioned much before.

No, Neil Doncaster confirmed no FFP in Scotland during an interview on the Price of Football podcast.

BarneyBattles
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

We were ripping them a new one Colin. Dread to think how many we would have scored had he not decided to do a Collum?  Was the ref not a quite effeminate looking guy from Sweden that game? If it was the same guy I’m thinking of the Shed were giving him dogs abuse and wolf whistles galore. 

I remember the ref / wolf whistles game and I don’t think I was at the Bologna game. Long time ago now but I’d guess St Pats at home? The atmosphere was a bit jovial tgat night ‘Hendo Hendo.....’ etc at their goalie. 

Could be wrong though. 

Edited by BarneyBattles

Kiwidoug

So Hickey is still a Jambo.  No other news either unless I've missed something.

Couldn't we play ourselves again to garner a fraction of interest.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

i think the ref was gay if i remember correctly could have been against Austria Vienna sure he was called ignus van sweiten or something like that if my memory serves me right.

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Gorgie Boot boy
On 14/09/2020 at 19:49, kila said:

Loan with an obligation to buy is apparently a loop hole that lets us keep all the cash without Celtic getting their hands on their 30% sell on. As I understand it, Bologna are paying a loan fee, and at the end of the loan he is a free transfer for them.

We'll see though.

If that is a legal agreement then whoever signed that off needs to answer to it, is that not a type of slave master tax return . Hickey played for Hearts first then to Celtic development then back to Hearts? Before that he was with a grass roots development side in Glasgow. Do they get  off Celtics money or from Hearts or does the generous Hickey pay it. That is something else Celtic get money.

I would rather hand him to Bologna for free.and recoup through a fresh adult pro contract between Hearts and Bologna with Hickey giving His grass roots side the 30 %. A loan boggles my mind though, when does the kick in the balls section start ? 

BackOfTheNet

This thread is on page 51. Wonder if it will feature (a long ass overdue) announcement? Was getting the results of the second test today, yes? Has he failed that or was it all just bollocks?

redjambo
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i think the ref was gay if i remember correctly could have been against Austria Vienna sure he was called ignus van sweiten or something like that if my memory serves me right.

The Dutch referee Ignace van Swieten?

https://worldreferee.com/referee/ignace_van_swieten/

martoon

Wallace didn't cover himself in glory v. Bologna. He seemed determined to split the "customers". 

ST holder back then, as now, and was, ahem, entitled to be in the shed but chose not to. Watched the game that night from the Gorgie Road terracing with mates, none of whom were ST holders as it wasn't a big deal back then. 

We were thrashing them. So much so that some angry Bologna fans were removed from the old main when we went 3-0 up. 

A strange night.

Fozzy, iirc (haven't checked) scored twice, the bizarre free kick the Italians got and Wallace's odd pricing/loyalty policy. 

Everything happened at the school end, miles away from us on the Gorgie Road terracing, which just made it all the more surreal. 

That, and the pre-match bevvy, I suppose. 

Anyway, how's the Hickey deal progressing? 😊

Edited by martoon

Boof

Shirt number 51.

Page 51 of this thread.

Surely to **** we'll hear something absolutely cast-iron official before page 52...

Fxxx the SPFL
13 hours ago, redjambo said:

The Dutch referee Ignace van Swieten?

https://worldreferee.com/referee/ignace_van_swieten/

Cheers for that i was right about Austria Vienna match didn't know he reffed our away tie in Bologna which i was at but so far away from the pitch i didn't recognise him but he was defiantly tapped up for that one i'm sure at one point during the game we had three players down injured and he played on. I still have my Forza Bologna scarf.

Ribble
4 hours ago, Boof said:

Shirt number 51.

Page 51 of this thread.

Surely to **** we'll hear something absolutely cast-iron official before page 52...

Doubt it, seemingly won't get covid clearance until tomorrow, not like the italians to drag their heels on anything covid related

BackOfTheNet

Right, another team have just announced we’ve signed a player that no one whatsoever had on our radar when Hickey hopped on that plane to complete his deal. It’s going to get to the point Hearts will announce a new signing before Hickey’s departure. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, another team have just announced we’ve signed a player that no one whatsoever had on our radar when Hickey hopped on that plane to complete his deal. It’s going to get to the point Hearts will announce a new signing before Hickey’s departure. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Our media team are poor in general to be honest 

the coverage of the under 20s games for example are not good at all

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, Boof said:

Shirt number 51.

Page 51 of this thread.

Try 151 maybe 😂

Jambo 4 Ever
20 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So Hickey is still a Jambo.  No other news either unless I've missed something.

Couldn't we play ourselves again to garner a fraction of interest.

He probably has to wait to pass the COVID tests before officially signing him 

Bluesy1874
32 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He probably has to wait to pass the COVID tests before officially signing him 

this is it he needs to pass two tests before being unveiled maybe one came back positive or maybe Bologna want to take a leaf out of Hearts book and unveil 9 signings at once 😂

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Another team has announced OUR signing?  Have I understood that right? 

Who announced it?  Who is it?

Gav M
6 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Another team has announced OUR signing?  Have I understood that right? 

Who announced it?  Who is it?

Dinamo Bucharest have announced that we have signed mehai Popescu from them

Edited by Gav M

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Dinamo Bucharest have announced that we have signed mehai Popescu from them

Thanks.  I thought I was misreading it.

Weakened Offender
On 15/09/2020 at 21:53, **** the SPFL said:

The ref against Austria Vienna was gay. He was wolf whistled throughout and seemed to enjoy it. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

The ref against Austria Vienna was gay. He was wolf whistled throughout and seemed to enjoy it. 

Probably shite, that way he gets more enjoyment.

Bob Loblaw

He trained with Bologna yesterday apparently.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He trained with Bologna yesterday apparently.

If true then why no announcement as yet? Maybe they don’t see his transfer important enough to make an announcement about and see him as a youth signing.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

DC_92
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If true then why no announcement as yet? Maybe they don’t see his transfer important enough to make an announcement about and see him as a youth signing.

That would be surprising given they're apparently paying €2m.

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That would be surprising given they're apparently paying €2m.

Not all at once though. Sides in top divisions around Europe buy players for millions (or phased millions) all the time with barely a peep from social media etc. I don’t know if Meshino was announced as a Man City signing for example? I’m not saying this is the case, I would think either way Hearts would announce the departure even if Bologna didn’t announce the arrival. But if he’s flown over and is training with them then he has signed, surely, so why the hold up on announcing? Are Hearts not wanting teams to know we have cash?

wavydavy
On 15/09/2020 at 21:53, **** the SPFL said:

You sure it wasn't Brian McGinlay 😍

Bob Loblaw

That doesn't make sense to me, he was training with the first team and there'd be no reason for Hearts not to announce it even if they didn't see it as a priority, but we haven't.  There'll be some boring reason it's not yet been announced.

Heartsofgold
On 15/09/2020 at 16:26, Debut 4 said:

Apparently now parading at the Marconi airport with a different kind of tricolour before his return flight.....

::troll:: 

Oh you nasty bad word!!!

Heartsofgold

OK.  I can understand Bologna not announcing what, for them, is a fairly low Key signing but surely Hearts could announce his official departure and wish him luck?

DC_92

Not all at once though. Sides in top divisions around Europe buy players for millions (or phased millions) all the time with barely a peep from social media etc. I don’t know if Meshino was announced as a Man City signing for example? I’m not saying this is the case, I would think either way Hearts would announce the departure even if Bologna didn’t announce the arrival. But if he’s flown over and is training with them then he has signed, surely, so why the hold up on announcing? Are Hearts not wanting teams to know we have cash?

Bologna aren't Man City, though. This is a relatively big outlay for them, regardless of whether it's all at once, and he's chosen to go there on the basis that he'll be joining the first team.

It'll be announced by both parties when it's done. No idea why that hasn't happened yet, but it won't be because it's no big deal.

Jambo 4 Ever
39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

OK.  I can understand Bologna not announcing what, for them, is a fairly low Key signing but surely Hearts could announce his official departure and wish him luck?

What if he fails the Covid test and then Bologna decide against signing him. 
We have to wait for it to be official.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bologna aren't Man City, though. This is a relatively big outlay for them, regardless of whether it's all at once, and he's chosen to go there on the basis that he'll be joining the first team.

It'll be announced by both parties when it's done. No idea why that hasn't happened yet, but it won't be because it's no big deal.

Because he has to wait for the Covid tests to come back 

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

But apparently he’s been training with them, surely if they’re holding off the transfer for test results they’d hold off him training for the same reason?

17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bologna spent £60 million on players last season, with two of them being over £10 million. Their only announced signing so far this season was over £11 million. As I say in my post you quoted, I’m not saying he’s going to be in their youth ranks just speculating whether they see it as a significant transfer or not. They probably do, but their financial outlet of recent years would say it’s not that significant.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Heartsofgold
15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What if he fails the Covid test and then Bologna decide against signing him. 
We have to wait for it to be official.

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

People are quoting that he trained with Bologna yesterday so.......

Debut 4
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Oh you nasty bad word!!!

😁.  

DC_92
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But apparently he’s been training with them, surely if they’re holding off the transfer for test results they’d hold off him training for the same reason?

Bologna spent £60 million on players last season, with two of them being over £10 million. Their only announced signing so far this season was over £11 million. As I say in my post you quoted, I’m not saying he’s going to be in their youth ranks just speculating whether they see it as a significant transfer or not. They probably do, but their financial outlet of recent years would say it’s not that significant.

I know that, but they've only spent >£10m on 2 players ever, so that is the exception rather than the rule. They're not so big that a £1.8m transfer doesn't even warrant a mention IMO. Anyway, Hearts will be announcing it when it's over the line even if Bologna don't.

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

People are quoting that he trained with Bologna yesterday so.......

We could have trialists training with us - but doesn’t necessarily mean we are signing them 

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We could have trialists training with us - but doesn’t necessarily mean we are signing them 

Trialists are unsigned by other clubs and free to do as they please.  Hickey is/was a signed and registered Hearts player.

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Trialists are unsigned by other clubs and free to do as they please.  Hickey is/was a signed and registered Hearts player.

They’re waiting for a ban news day. 

Heartsofgold
Just now, davemclaren said:

They’re waiting for a ban news day. 

I assume you mean bad Dave or is that a Freudian slip?

davemclaren
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I assume you mean bad Dave or is that a Freudian slip?

I did mean bad. 🤣

Chong
On 16/09/2020 at 09:39, Boof said:

Shirt number 51.

Page 51 of this thread.

Not if people write pointless comments :whistling:

BackOfTheNet

Bologna eventually makes a signing announcement... 

davemclaren

Bologna eventually makes a signing announcement... 

He left 5 weeks ago. 🤓

BackOfTheNet

Seriously though, they’ve now announced the exciting young prospect on their Twitter!

BackOfTheNet

In a language mix up, Bologna asked Hickey what shirt number he wanted and if he wanted a nickname on the shirts instead of his last name, but the young lad misinterpreted and gave them his bank details. So he’s now number 9...

CJGJ

There are stories about him in last 24 hours or so in the Italian press/media with some pictures

Il Resto del Carlino

https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/fc/hickey-1.5515945

Bologna, 16 September 2020 – First group training session for Aaron Hickey,left-back class of 2002, who today began to taste Mihajlovic's methods and to become familiar with the rest of the team. The Scot, picked up by the Heart of Midlothian and waiting to be made official, had already been seen on the fields of Casteldebole yesterday for a purely athletic session, while today he was inserted, in attack drills against defence, in a 4 line composed of him, De Silvestri, and the pair Danilo-Denswil in the middle.

The full-back was able to take the field with his team-mates after receiving confirmation of negativity to the buffer carried out; the same fate for Claudio Fenucci, also negative result after spending the last period in trust isolation, and ready to return to his work.

Edited by CJGJ