Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No quarantine requirements for Brits arriving in Italy. It’s all looking a bit iffy, either medical taking a long time to clear or a dose of homesickness. Who knows? 

Homesick?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgie Boot boy

Is Hickey in quarantine for two weeks due to being a new arrival in the country ?

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No quarantine requirements for Brits arriving in Italy. It’s all looking a bit iffy, either medical taking a long time to clear or a dose of homesickness. Who knows? 

Patience seems to be a virtue on this one. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Patience seems to be a virtue on this one. 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Believe Aaron will sign tomorrow 

We need him in our side, will seem a bit weird to me if it is confirmed as a loan. I understand the gist of playing in Italy or anywhere but Scotland for Hearts. Why a loan though , what is the body blow in this deal; ?

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We need him in our side, will seem a bit weird to me if it is confirmed as a loan. I understand the gist of playing in Italy or anywhere but Scotland for Hearts. Why a loan though , what is the body blow in this deal; ?

Loan with an obligation to buy is apparently a loop hole that lets us keep all the cash without Celtic getting their hands on their 30% sell on. As I understand it, Bologna are paying a loan fee, and at the end of the loan he is a free transfer for them.

We'll see though.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Loan with an obligation to buy is apparently a loop hole that lets us keep all the cash without Celtic getting their hands on their 30% sell on. As I understand it, Bologna are paying a loan fee, and at the end of the loan he is a free transfer for them.

We'll see though.

it is also a way of structuring the deal so payments are more spread out and eases the ffp requirements as well

This deal goes against Celtic and it would reprise my faith and spirit with the manager/staff so to speak.  🤞  

Yeah there's no such things as false positives in Italy with Covid testing, it has to be 2 negatives.  So a bit of a wait was on, glad it's nearly over!

Jambof3tornado
12 hours ago, kila said:

We'll see though.

No danger hickey and his advisers are going to diddle Celtic out of cash...none at all.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No danger hickey and his advisers are going to diddle Celtic out of cash...none at all.

We'll find out soon enough but I think your SADLY right.

58 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sure I read it has no impact on FFP. If it’s a £2m deal with £1m paid in years 1 and 2, it counts as a £2m deal in year 1. 

I think the fact the first year is a loan rather than the 1st year payment of a transfer is the way they get round it. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There is no danger that this deal will diddle Celtic but mind you if it did it would be really funny guys lol.

Doesn't "diddling" Celtic go against our strict morals and righteous way of doing things; the ethos that, apparently, makes us so attractive to James Anderson and others?

I'm all for it but it does go against our doormat, you're "WELCOME" to wipe you're feet and walk all over us policy.

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

UEFA ‘clarified FFP rules to state that loan deals with an obligation to buy that is virtually certain.....must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement’. 

Apparently they ‘clarified’ the rules after PSG loaned/bought Mbappe. 

Probably still ways round it though. 

Possible that while the UEFA rules have closed the loophole for European competition that it still exists for domestic competition in Italy.

23 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

There is no danger that this deal will diddle Celtic but mind you if it did it would be really funny guys lol.

We really shouldn't be diddling Celtic out of anything, but if there's a way to do it and blame the Italians then fair enough.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Doesn't "diddling" Celtic go against our strict morals and righteous way of doing things; the ethos that, apparently, makes us so attractive to James Anderson and others?

I'm all for it but it does go against our doormat, you're "WELCOME" to wipe you're feet and walk all over us policy.

This is probably the reality of the situation.  Budge will be in contact with Lawell assuring him that Celtic won't be cheated out of their percentage.  She will want to 'build bridges etc' being the fantastic person she is. 

Anyone think it’s not going to be announced today? I’m thinking we and Bologna will start our respective seasons before any announcement at this rate.

29 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This is probably the reality of the situation.  Budge will be in contact with Lawell assuring him that Celtic won't be cheated out of their percentage.  She will want to 'build bridges etc' being the fantastic person she is. 

I also doubt it's as simple as just arranging a loan to get around it otherwise you'd think other clubs had cottoned on to this before now.

3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sure I read it has no impact on FFP. If it’s a £2m deal with £1m paid in years 1 and 2, it counts as a £2m deal in year 1. 

Does FFP apply in the SPFL?  Not heard it mentioned much before.

If the loan/fee structure thing is legal in both Scotland and Italy and Bologna insist on it then there is nothing Hickey's agent, Hearts nor Celtic can do about it. If it ends up benefitting us and harming Celtic then it is just tough luck for Celtic, they would do the same to us in the same circumstances and I wouldn't expect anything otherwise. Sure the last credible source I read on it a few days ago implied the deal was back to a straight purchase though so who knows.  

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Correct.  We will probably just give Celtic 50% of the transfer as a goodwill gesture anyway. 

Just a thought - My hope is that "IF" the rumours regarding the loan instead of buy are true to work around the percentage fee due to Celtic (big "IF") and it is a play on words in the contract, that we learn from others mistakes. We should be careful we dont end up reaping what we sow.

I'd hate to think we go down this route, Hickey then signs a 4 year deal at Bologna, we add in a 20% sell on clause, in 3 years time AC Milan come calling and are willing to offer £10m for him and Bologna..........send him out on loan to them for a year with an obligation to buy!

After all Bologna would surely look to profit knowing how it could be done.

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

:waiting:

I think it wont happen until tea time.  about 5:30pm is their usual media interviews.  That is assuming it happens today, might not.

Actually they have reversed it today, quoted.

The resumption of training ahead of #MilanBFC is scheduled for today at 5 p.m. with a session of work behind closed doors at the technical center Niccolò Galli.

So I'd be expecting something before 5pm, if he passes his 2nd test.

Edited by HMFC01

Has there been anything from any reputable source to suggest the loan-to-buy is to avoid passing on the sell-on fee? People have jumped to that conclusion, despite the fact that this kind of deal is common for various reasons which are nothing to do with sell-on fees.

If it is the case that the loan-to-buy bypasses the sell-on fee, then why is every transfer not structured in this way? There's surely nothing stopping that being the case. The idea that Hearts and Bologna are the first to spot this massive loophole seems somewhat unlikely to me.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

46 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Correct.  We will probably just give Celtic 50% of the transfer as a goodwill gesture anyway. 

I accept the club can't, and won't, take the kind of hard line stance I'd like in dealing with other clubs but there should be, and is, a meeting place somewhere between. 

After all, Celtic, Hamilton, Ross, Hibs...had no issue, or hesitation, in putting themselves first. The latter even allowed itself to be lead by it's rancid, pus-infused fanbase. 

Our goto still appears to be "do the right thing and do no harm".

It might get us into heaven but it will be as a struggling club going nowhere else. 

33 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I think it wont happen until tea time.  about 5:30pm is their usual media interviews.  That is assuming it happens today, might not.

Actually they have reversed it today, quoted.

So I'd be expecting something before 5pm, if he passes his 2nd test.

At this stage I expect the announcement of his retirement before they announce he’s signed for them.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

At this stage I expect the announcement of his retirement before they announce he’s signed for them.

:lol: 

I think if we've learned anything from this transfer is if you want to do business with Italian clubs make sure you get it done well in advance.  Say about 1 month and not last minute deals.  This deal gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Protracted announcement".

:sweatdrop:

48 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

:lol: 

I think if we've learned anything from this transfer is if you want to do business with Italian clubs make sure you get it done well in advance.  Say about 1 month and not last minute deals.  This deal gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Protracted announcement".

:sweatdrop:

Hickey has just got the Horses head out of his bed. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You seem a touch impatient 😀

18 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

You seem a touch impatient 😀

I actually don’t normally get riled up by transfers taking ages, but this one seems incredibly illogical to me. I think when it all started Robbo was still playing wasn’t he?

What's all the fuss about ?...he simply has to take another Covid test and pass that prior to signing

2 tests a few days apart needed to be passed before deal could proceed

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I actually don’t normally get riled up by transfers taking ages, but this one seems incredibly illogical to me. I think when it all started Robbo was still playing wasn’t he?

First heard about it as I left the Willie Bauld testimonial match. 🥴

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

First heard about it as I left the Willie Bauld testimonial match. 🥴

Barney Battles told me it was happening.  He was ITK.

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

BOTN - you're like an over excited child in the days before Christmas Day..... and just like said child who opens a present he knows he's going to get, the anti climax of getting what you wanted will crush you :)

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

BOTN - you're like an over excited child in the days before Christmas Day..... and just like said child who opens a present he knows he's going to get, the anti climax of getting what you wanted will crush you :)

Nah, I’m not excited, I’m more perplexed and frustrated. Like having sex so bad you just want it over and done with already. At least that’s the analogy my wife uses.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nah, I’m not excited, I’m more perplexed and frustrated. Like having sex so bad you just want it over and done with already. At least that’s the analogy my wife uses.

Lol - at least you can maintain a sense of humour :) 

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Apparently now parading at the Marconi airport with a different kind of tricolour before his return flight.....

::troll:: 

:nojustno:

7 hours ago, martoon said:

5 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

4 hours ago, Shanks said:

We could go down the road of doing everything we can to con other clubs, acting always in bad faith etc but in the business world that shit will close doors very quickly.

As fans, we may need to be content with having the most bullish, beat them all and then beat them again attitude on the pitch whilst accepting that business is business and not every decision will, or indeed can, be utilized as an opportunity to boot all the other clubs in the bollocks, as tempting as that may seem.