Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Celtic offered him a contract? Given we never accepted a bid thats tapping up 

I think he's been given freedom to explore all his options but interested clubs still had to match Hearts valuation.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow

on a side note, another young Scottish player signed for a club in Europe today. Jordan Holsgrove, moved from Reading to Celta Vigo. He had played last season in the third tier of Spanish football on loan and from Spanish reports did really well. He joins Celta Vigo and will start off in their B team, also in the third tier, but saw a Spanish reporter who covers Celta Vigo say that he will have time training with first team and has the ability to make the step up. Good luck to him and hope he does well.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

celtic hating brigade? You means the utter filth who robbed our kiosks, spat on the ball boys, sing their terrorist shit, pretend  to be IRA soldiers outside the ground, smashed the windows of 2 buses I’ve been on, singg songs about burning us on bonfires, boo rememberance day, have a ****ing opinion on everything and everyone, claim to be the greatest ***** alive, 1986 and are responsible for our expulsion!!  that ****ing Celtic .

Hate doesn’t do it justice  !! ****ing filth. no defending those ***** on here 

Well said 

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

celtic hating brigade? You means the utter filth who robbed our kiosks, spat on the ball boys, sing their terrorist shit, pretend  to be IRA soldiers outside the ground, smashed the windows of 2 buses I’ve been on, singg songs about burning us on bonfires, boo rememberance day, have a ****ing opinion on everything and everyone, claim to be the greatest ***** alive, 1986 and are responsible for our expulsion!!  that ****ing Celtic .

They reached an incredible and despicable low for me with the hanging of the effigies.  If anyone hasn't seen it, Google it.

Every single one of them is guilty by association.

Scum.

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Now I could be perfectly wrong, as to be known from time to title but I believe the poster meant the poster in snotters about to hang the gang for taking shear saying his dad was doing us over and they are both Celtic minded ***** etc.  There is no reason to believe the poster quoted doesn’t hate Celtic as much as me and you with your deliciously quoted post.  Back to sleep for an hour for me.  Kiwi stop kicking about like Alan Partridge please x 

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Now I could be perfectly wrong, as to be known from time to title but I believe the poster meant the poster in snotters about to hang the gang for taking shear saying his dad was doing us over and they are both Celtic minded ***** etc.  There is no reason to believe the poster quoted doesn’t hate Celtic as much as me and you with your deliciously quoted post.  Back to sleep for an hour for me.  Kiwi stop kicking about like Alan Partridge please x 

didn’t read like that in isolation - but if If that is the case, and I’ve missed the context, I apologise ! 

but my sentiment remains for any other on here who may harbour Celtic leanings, anyone defending Celtic in any shape or form cannot be definition call themselves a hearts fan.

Edited by kingantti1874

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

didn’t read like that in isolation - but if If that is the case, and I’ve missed the context, I apologise ! 

but my sentiment remains for any other on here who may harbour Celtic leanings, anyone defending Celtic in any shape or form cannot be definition call themselves a hearts fan.

In your opinion. 😎

39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In your opinion. 😎

not really, it’s a pretty binary thing . You can’t be a vegetarian and eat meat.  

if your a hearts fans and have a soft spot for Celtic you’re doing it wrong 👍🏻

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

not really, it’s a pretty binary thing . You can’t be a vegetarian and eat meat.  

Have to agree with this @davemclaren

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

People have ‘soft spots’ for different clubs from the one they support for various reasons such as family, where they live, where they were born etc..  Luckily I’ve never had that challenge for any other club in Scotland. 

Hating is different from not having a soft spot as well. Regardless of the totally selfish actions of lots of Clubs during the covid debacle I doubt I actually hate any. I’ve certainly lost a lot of respect for many. 

Allowayjambo1874
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That’s the politest post I have ever read when describing a hearts fan with a soft spot for Celtic well done. 👏👏👏

My description of said individual would result in a ban 😂

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

If there's a better description of shellick, I look forward to hearing it. A putrid and vile club, of the highest order who's fans (majority at least) would be locked up if their antics took place outside 'paradise'.

On 10/09/2020 at 10:53, true-jambo said:

How are or were Celtic able to offer him a contract before agreeing a transfer fee with Hearts.

Despite tapping up rules it's more common than not for a player to have at the very least indicated a willingness to move before any club actually bids for a player and a player's not going to indicate that unless the broad strokes of the contract on offer is divulged (usually by a third party).

I'd be amazed if we hadn't for example used a third party to speak with Boyce about his wage demands before we tabled a bid with Burton.

I remember Danny Murphy saying on talksport that he held contract talks with every club that ever bought him prior to bids being made, said clubs didn't want to make a bid on players that would then turn them down. 

29 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Despite tapping up rules it's more common than not for a player to have at the very least indicated a willingness to move before any club actually bids for a player and a player's not going to indicate that unless the broad strokes of the contract on offer is divulged (usually by a third party).

I'd be amazed if we hadn't for example used a third party to speak with Boyce about his wage demands before we tabled a bid with Burton.

I remember Danny Murphy saying on talksport that he held contract talks with every club that ever bought him prior to bids being made, said clubs didn't want to make a bid on players that would then turn them down. 

Exactly, goes on all the time. 

4 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

That’s the politest post I have ever read when describing a hearts fan with a soft spot for Celtic well done. 👏👏👏

My description of said individual would result in a ban 😂

There's no such thing as a Hearts fan with  soft spot for Celtic. 

Unfortunately there are some Hearts fans on here with a soft spot for The Rangers. 

Myself ? I dislike both ugly sisters equally although I hesitate to use the hate word. 

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

My late Hibs supporting father would have been proud of that statement. No matter how hard I have tried over the years, I have never managed to reach the hatred level he had for Celtic and Rangers. 

A tad odd nothing has been announced yet. Could you imagine he fails a medical or the plug gets pulled or something at the last minute? A sheepish look at those photos with the Italian flag...

Obviously hope that’s not the case and can only assume that the delay in any announcement is solely down to making the blood boil of every Hearts supporter wanting this saga done and dusted to move on.

20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are the Hearts, Rangers hating brigade telling the Hearts, Celtic hating brigade to pipe down? 👀

15 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A tad odd nothing has been announced yet. Could you imagine he fails a medical or the plug gets pulled or something at the last minute? A sheepish look at those photos with the Italian flag...

Obviously hope that’s not the case and can only assume that the delay in any announcement is solely down to making the blood boil of every Hearts supporter wanting this saga done and dusted to move on.

It's the most protracted transfer I can recall

Screenshot_20200912-074429_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, jambotea said:

It's the most protracted transfer I can recall

Screenshot_20200912-074429_Samsung Internet.jpg

😂 

There was space for one more on that piece of wood too should Bologna be so inclined.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hickey's transfer is like hibs going bankrupt.  We know it's going to happen but it's taking a really long time.

Doug Hibs are not going bankrupt may look that way over in NZ but nope, they are still looking to sign players.

scott herbertson
On 11/09/2020 at 12:31, Mikey1874 said:

Some background including how Aaron came to join Hearts first time.

Gerry Ronald seems like a good guy. Might be worth us trying to get him more closely involved in the youth set up?

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Doug Hibs are not going bankrupt may look that way over in NZ but nope, they are still looking to sign players.

Yes they are.  Ron has a plan.

18 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Gerry Ronald seems like a good guy. Might be worth us trying to get him more closely involved in the youth set up?

Not wrong, if we want to focus on youth development bringing in the best we can get our hands on seems a good idea. 

Reading that article he just comes across as a guy who loves coaching kids and seeing them develop. Certainly worth looking into. 

pettigrewsstylist

Expected a formal club announcement by now.

Unless i have missed it...

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Expected a formal club announcement by now.

Unless i have missed it...

Strange that no official announcements have been made??

Maybe hickey has realised he doesnt like italian cuisine so has binned the deal??

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Maybe hickey has realised he doesnt like italian cuisine so has binned the deal??

Time for an announcement.

Its pasta joke now

41 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Had pesto with his pasta which has sown fresh doubts in his head. Allegedly. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Clearance from Italian FA and Covid 19 tests. 

On 11/09/2020 at 09:31, kingantti1874 said:

Got it in a nut shell. Well done 👏

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Given that the thread title hasn't changed I surmise that Aaron is still here.

Any chance he'll hang around for the semi?

Did you miss the pictures of him flying out and then arriving in Italy?

On 12/09/2020 at 18:00, scott herbertson said:

From what i read, he's in the right place coaching in his local area. The Hearts scouting system maybe need to add GDC to the list of actively monitored teams. 

Quite often it's games against non academy sides where the rough diamonds are found.

Who else thinks Hickey will just show up to Riccarton as if the flight and photographs never happened? Like George Costanza showing up back at work as if he hadn’t quit...

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Who else thinks Hickey will just show up to Riccarton as if the flight and photographs never happened? Like George Costanza showing up back at work as if he hadn’t quit...

Or like Lionel Messi.

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good chance. There was an open door in one of the "airport" photos and I'm sure I caught a glimpse of a moonscape and a an american flag.

This was laboriously tedious months ago and now it’s just outright annoying. Announce the signing already. How can we accept a bid, have the boy fly over there and not have a deal done. He will have known what their offer was weeks ago so what’s the god damn hold up?

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This was laboriously tedious months ago and now it’s just outright annoying. Announce the signing already. How can we accept a bid, have the boy fly over there and not have a deal done. He will have known what their offer was weeks ago so what’s the god damn hold up?

Welcome to Hearts,you seen how long it took to appoint a manger.:gok:

The boys been out there for 4/5 days now.  Surely to Christ the medical has been done and the finer points of the agreement between them, him and Hearts have been cleared up?!?!?  If not, what was the point in the fanfare farewell last week.

This needs confirmed or declined (by Hickey) up now so we can move one.  If not then someone is just taking the piss.

18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Did wonder about if he'd need to quarantine on arrival in Italy.

No quarantine requirements for Brits arriving in Italy. It’s all looking a bit iffy, either medical taking a long time to clear or a dose of homesickness. Who knows?