Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Shoreditch Heart

phew -  glad its sorted for the boy. He is a such great footballer - all the best Aaron and hope you get

better and better  !

Edited by A Shoreditch Heart

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Balances our losses for being in the championship but doesn't balance if you include the wages we have spent on absolute dross

I appreciate it won't be a popular opinion, but we don't get 1m+ for players often, especially in such short time scales and when we got them for nothing. A more targeted recruitment policy would have been better overall though instead of the scattergun approach we ended up with.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
17 hours ago, Zico said:

Buona fortuna, Aaron. Great move for him and he’s moving to my favourite country so hopefully see him live at some point. 

It is a great move for him,Bologna is a beaut city I used to stay outside it.

ps buona fortuna in Italian means the opposite haha. In bocca al lupo is what Italians say for good luck👍🏼

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tin hat on, but some credit due to Craig Levein. As Dof and manager two players signed for nothing just a year or two earlier have gone for £1m+ transfer fees.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Home match was class, sure the away was afternoon and only update was reporting Scotland.  

Yip, sunny day, but 3 scud didnt make it an enjoyable maroon experience 😟

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-aaron-hickey-jets-bologna-help-italian-job-2965223

Hearts' Aaron Hickey jets into Bologna to help with Italian job

Teenager part of a multi-million-pound rebuild

Wednesday, 9th September 2020, 7:30 am

Aaron Hickey is leaving Hearts for Italian club Bologna.

Touching down at Bologna’s Guglielmo Marconi Airport today, Aaron Hickey may not know he is landing on tarmac named after a famous Italian inventor. He will be fully aware he is there to help reinvent the city’s football club, however.

Bologna FC are amidst a restoration project intended to transform them into Serie A challengers once again. The Stadio Dall’Ara will be rebuilt at a cost of £90m and teenagers with serious potential are being bought up in numbers. Hickey is the latest.

Provided he passes a medical, a £1.78m transfer from Hearts will unite him with fellow 18-year-old prodigies like the Icelandic midfielder Andri Baldursson, Gambian forward Musa Juwara and Italian winger Gianmarco Cangiano.

Bologna also covet Dynamo Kiev’s 20-year-old striker Vladyslav Supriaha – regarded as Ukraine's equivalent of Erling Haaland – and are prepared to pay £9m to sign him.

“It is my goal to make Bologna great again, not only in the transfer market but also as part of a cultural revolution,” says the Rossoblú technical director Walter Sabatini.

The Italian club’s status as a sleeping giant has lingered too long and their huge investment is designed to recapture the halcyon days. They hold seven Serie A titles – six between 1925 and 1941, but the last back in 1964.

Hickey flies into the Bolognese razzmatazz in typically unflustered fashion. He knows no other mindset. He isn’t daunted joining an ambitious top-flight Italian team at the tender age of 18. Just like he wasn’t fazed marking James Forrest in a Scottish Cup final aged 16.

Those who coached him at Riccarton fully expect him to handle this Italian job. “For a kid that age, he has as good a level of football intelligence as I’ve ever seen,” says Liam Fox, who left Hearts last month. “He does the right things at the right time, knows where to be, and that calmness is always there.

“He is going into a totally different environment. It may take him a period of time to adjust to the way of life, the culture and the type of training. If there’s anybody from that group of Hearts youngsters who could handle it, because he is so laid back and calm, I’d say it’s Aaron.

“The key is he is a good football player. If you’re a good player in Scotland, you can be a good player in Italy. Yes, there could be outside influences. He will need to avoid injury and continue living his life correctly with gym work and everything else.

“He will get support from his club so I’m not concerned about him going there. I hope he goes on and reaches the levels he could do.”

Italy’s intense footballing culture isn’t the same as even the most raucous evening at Tynecastle Park. Managers and players being smuggled out of Serie A grounds in car boots to avoid baying fans isn’t uncommon after poor results.

Hickey won’t be exposed to that initially given Bologna see him as deputy left-back to the Dutchman Mitchell Dijks. The prospect of forcing himself into Sinisa Mihajlovic’s team in another position shouldn’t be dismissed, though. Many see him evolving into a holding midfield player.

“I think he could become a player in that role,” says Fox. “If he develops physically, he could be a really good centre-back as well. He played right side of a back three for Hearts against St Mirren under Craig [Levein] and absolutely strolled it.

“He’s a diamond of a kid. He’s absolutely horizontal in terms of bring laid back, but he has real quality. One of his biggest assets is that calmness and ability to make consistently good decisions under pressure.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen him flustered or nervous. You don’t have to spend too much time with him, watching video clips or analysing things, because he consistently makes the right decisions.

“He has a really advanced football brain for his age. If he gets done for pace, he then works out that he needs to be deeper off his opponent. He actually processes the information himself on the pitch. He is low-maintenance and I think he will go on to have a really top career.

“In the build-up to that cup final last year, I didn’t sense any nerves from him. Nothing. That was the moment I thought, ‘he’s got a top temperament for this’. I’d say he was arguably the best player on the park that day.”

The rise to prominence has been seismic. Hickey visited Bologna and Bayern Munich recently knowing he would never complete the final year of his Hearts contract.

A transfer fee of £1.78m, even minus Celtic’s 30 per cent sell-on fee, leaves the Edinburgh club with a tidy sum. The player himself probably won’t be remotely interested in those details. “He hardly ever spoke,” laughs Fox. “Aaron just loves playing the game. Good luck to him.”

If he plays the game to his full potential over the coming years, he could assume a major role in Bologna’s renaissance.

Did we not get him back from Celtic because he wasn’t good enough at CM and the youth coaches turned him into a LB? Shows how much Fox knew about that. He was flustered and nervous before he got a second yellow and was sent off at Aberdeen, not that Fox or anyone on the bench noticed. The old manager was trying to take credit for this move, considering he didn’t want to play him initially and only had him for about 18 games he’s got a cheek. 

57 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tin hat on, but some credit due to Craig Levein. As Dof and manager two players signed for nothing just a year or two earlier have gone for £1m+ transfer fees.

Who was the other one?

Kidd’s Boots

Delighted that the lad has finally got this move and really hope he grabs this with both hands. Spoke to him a few times at the Oriam last year and he came across as very down to earth and grounded. Forza Aaron!!

Toxteth O'Grady

Good luck to the lad. So many take the easy option and go along the M8. I admire the guys who choose the adventure and experience in a new country. 

I hope he enjoys the experience and has a great career 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein. :rofl:

Give it a rest.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Yip, sunny day, but 3 scud didnt make it an enjoyable maroon experience 😟

Nah but I was young enough to think that’s me going to big Europe matches every season! Sure we won two ties before Bologna that season too.   Smell of the brewery they days under the lights was the most special thing ever 👍

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Good luck to him.

Is probably the most important message.  👍

Good luck Aaron and thanks for your performances at a very very unfortunate time at the club.  Go and have a smashing career. 

With all the Levein chat I got thinking and decided to check up on our former World Cup star Juwon Oshaniwa.

6 appearances in Nigeria since he left. 87 appearances in his career...25 with us.

Three year deal for you mate...thanks Craig :facepalm:

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

With all the Levein chat I got thinking and decided to check up on our former World Cup star Juwon Oshaniwa.

6 appearances in Nigeria since he left. 87 appearances in his career...25 with us.

Credit (the irony of the word) where it’s due though, or something like that.  

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Win some you lose some

Blatant trolling tbh.  How many times have u tried to rip people saying move on.  This thread is about Hickey.  Not Craig Leveins shattered CV. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The worst player I have ever seen at any level of football.

And I’m not even exaggerating.

Embarrassing.

21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Blatant trolling tbh.  How many times have u tried to rip people saying move on.  This thread is about Hickey.  Not Craig Leveins shattered CV. 

The LDL only want to “move on” with the embarrassing stuff.....

3 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

ps buona fortuna in Italian means the opposite haha. In bocca al lupo is what Italians say for good luck👍🏼

Is buona fortuna not the literal translation whereas your one means something like in the mouth of the wolf? I mind my Italian colleagues wishing me good luck for an ankle operation and saying something that translated as **** the whale! I didn’t get it but they thought it was hilarious! 😂

27 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The LDL only want to “move on” with the embarrassing stuff.....

🤣 It’s funny because it’s trueZ. LDL 🤣🤣.   Shortest memories in the word.  It’s absolutely baffling mate. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

The worst player I have ever seen at any level of football.

And I’m not even exaggerating.

Embarrassing.

the real reason hibs beat us in 2016

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

30 years ago

We should have won 3-0 at home if it hadn't been for the referee,  with the bundles of Lira falling out of his pocket, giving a foul against Smith for holding onto the ball a millisecond longer than he should have,  according to him.  I think his name was Beatonio. 

We were comfortable at 3 zero at that point. 

32 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Hickey arrived at Bologna, can't link the video, just the page it's on.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-bologna-hickey-foto-video

Good on you, son.
I love it when a young lad has the drive, the ambition to want to test himself & learn in another country & culture. Not just popping along the M8, that would have been such a waste. Aaron strikes me as a sensible lad who’ll make every effort to learn the language from the off, which having travelled a lot myself and struggled I know is uber important. If he immerses himself in the culture whilst giving the football side 110% there is no reason why one day in the not to distant future he will be a regular at a top club (Ann, hope we’ve got that good sell on %).

Ti auguro il meglio, Aaron 

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Wasn't he one of Robbie Neilson's signings? I'm all for criticism of CL but Oshaniwa was Neilson's catastrophe.

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Good on you, son.
I love it when a young lad has the drive, the ambition to want to test himself & learn in another country & culture. Not just popping along the M8, that would have been such a waste. Aaron strikes me as a sensible lad who’ll make every effort to learn the language from the off, which having travelled a lot myself and struggled I know is uber important. If he immerses himself in the culture whilst giving the football side 110% there is no reason why one day in the not to distant future he will be a regular at a top club (Ann, hope we’ve got that good sell on %).

Ti auguro il meglio, Aaron 

I agree. Pleased for him as it will be tough at times but the rewards can be big. And Italy can be an enjoyable place to live.

On 08/09/2020 at 16:13, graygo said:

Potentially a brilliant move for the lad.

In bocca al lupo Aaron. 👍

On 09/09/2020 at 00:48, Zico said:

Buona fortuna, Aaron. Great move for him and he’s moving to my favourite country so hopefully see him live at some point. 

7 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

:verysmug:

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Hickey arrived at Bologna, can't link the video, just the page it's on.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-bologna-hickey-foto-video

Great first impression, boy doesn’t know how to wear a mask properly. :facepalm: OVER THE NOSE AARON FFS!

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1046205329?-43849:821

Only listens to his Dad though.........

So it’s Naismith’s fault this saga has taken so long then?

Seriously though, I know I’ve whinged almost daily about how long this has taken (I mean, he’s still actually not signed), but genuinely I wish him all the best. I hope he’s happy there, finds the language something he can grasp, finds a lovely Italian to settle down with and improves as a player.

Can’t say this is a heartbreaking departure as he’s only been around two minutes and basically since his debut there’s been speculation as to when not if he will leave, so I think a few of us refrained from becoming attached. BUT, saying that, I hope he fulfils his potential, not just for any potential sell-on but also for Scotland and while our country’s league is still in the 70’s it shows younger players there’s better options out there than a drive along the M8 or just more money down south.

All the best lad, welcome back any time, of course.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Great first impression, boy doesn’t know how to wear a mask properly. :facepalm: OVER THE NOSE AARON FFS!

So it’s Naismith’s fault this saga has taken so long then?

Seriously though, I know I’ve whinged almost daily about how long this has taken (I mean, he’s still actually not signed), but genuinely I wish him all the best. I hope he’s happy there, finds the language something he can grasp, finds a lovely Italian to settle down with and improves as a player.

Can’t say this is a heartbreaking departure as he’s only been around two minutes and basically since his debut there’s been speculation as to when not if he will leave, so I think a few of us refrained from becoming attached. BUT, saying that, I hope he fulfils his potential, not just for any potential sell-on but also for Scotland and while our country’s league is still in the 70’s it shows younger players there’s better options out there than a drive along the M8 or just more money down south.

All the best lad, welcome back any time, of course.

Nobody is in any position to whinge how long this has taken......this move could very well be the most important of this young lads career so he had every right to take his time and be sure it’s the best move for him.

I hope he does well and we’ve got a nice sell-on clause included in this deal as he could go for a hell of a lot of money one day.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Anderson’s wording is pretty terrible usually to be fair, but even with this he was evidently saying the airport was named after Marconi, the tarmac being included in the airport of course. And I thought I was a pedantic so and so, haha!

pedant

🙄

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Nobody is in any position to whinge how long this has taken......this move could very well be the most important of this young lads career so he had every right to take his time and be sure it’s the best move for him.

I hope he does well and we’ve got a nice sell-on clause included in this deal as he could go for a hell of a lot of money one day.

As I’ve said previously wasn’t having a go at the lad for taking his time, but the ongoing saga (still ongoing) from a fan’s perspective and I imagine the club who are looking to utilise the cash perspective this has gone on way too long. But again, not blaming him.

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

pedant

🙄

:cornette_dog:

Oh wait, sorry, thought you called me something else there...

9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

We should have won 3-0 at home if it hadn't been for the referee,  with the bundles of Lira falling out of his pocket, giving a foul against Smith for holding onto the ball a millisecond longer than he should have,  according to him.  I think his name was Beatonio. 

We were comfortable at 3 zero at that point. 

Didn't they also wine and dine the officials across there too?

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't they also wine and dine the officials across there too?

Pretty standard over there.  I believe in some countries they are offered (cough, cough) female company.

13 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Good luck to the lad. So many take the easy option and go along the M8. I admire the guys who choose the adventure and experience in a new country. 

I hope he enjoys the experience and has a great career 

Good luck to the lad, hope he does not get homesick.