Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

2 minutes ago, kila said:

No idea if that page has any credibility though.

That Nico boy who's the source seems to have a sizable following. Makes me think it could be true. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, kila said:

No idea if that page has any credibility though.

No idea on the credibility but an Italian journalist has said he has rejected Bolognia and likely to sign for Bayern.

I have sent a message too my group full of German friends to ask if the person leaking the story is credible or not and to see if anything has been reported in Germany. 

Not had a response yet though. Some move if accurate though!

Rick Sanchez

It'll be a hard going at times but you've got to go. Watching them destroy Barca and a chance to work with Davies at left back. 

You'd regret it if you didn't try.

Ooft, if true, that's amazing. Will watch closely to see how he does. Will be very interesting.

Wonder what the standard is like at 3rd tier Germany???

And also the rate of progression from Bayern B to first team??

What an experience for the boy. Well proud of him.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ooft, if true, that's amazing. Will watch closely to see how he does. Will be very interesting.

Wonder what the standard is like at 3rd tier Germany???

And also the rate of progression from Bayern B to first team??

What an experience for the boy. Well proud of him.

I've watched a fair few 3.Liga games and I'd say the standard is similar to the SPFL Premiership minus Celtic and Rangers. A semi side ways move with regards to the quality of players he'll come up against but I'd assume the level of training and facilities would be far higher. 

To a certain extent, there's no right or wrong decision for him, unless he goes to Celtic that is. Going to Bayern, he could get lost in the system or he could win a champions league in a few years, great players can come from anywhere so why not him. It's really up to how much he develops and probably a bit of luck one way or another. I think though, given the way he stepped up mentally in such a short time with us that he might thrive in the Bayern environment. And he has proper first team games under his belt including a cup final so he may stand out in the reserve teams and progress quickly. 

Riddley Walker

Really hope this is true. What an opportunity to train and develop with the current best team in the world. 

His aim has got to be playing for the B team this season and getting a good loan move to a decent team in a top 5 league next season, and taking it from there. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Unreal move for him if true, really puts a marker down for other young boys coming through the academy that the opportunity is there if you put the work in.

He’s joining the best team in the world right now, amazing move for him. May well be set for life too with that 5 year deal.

all the best to him .

The right move, if so. 

Bayern could be the making of him. Stick in, would be my advice, and the world is your oyster. Fantastic chance for him to build a stand out career in the game. 

Or he could go to Celtic and get feckin nowhere. Backward club in a backwater, corrupt league. 

Get to Germany, Aaron, and don't look back. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Quite the advert for our youth policy if true and something to put in the brochure when attracting young players. This isn't just a big club taking a punt on someone straight from our youth team, like Bayern did with Liam Morrison, it's a player they've been able to assess playing for our first team. 

Hickey not good enough for Scotland U-21s though 🤣

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Quite the advert for our youth policy if true and something to put in the brochure when attracting young players. This isn't just a big club taking a punt on someone straight from our youth team, like Bayern did with Liam Morrison, it's a player they've been able to assess playing for our first team. 

Hickey not good enough for Scotland U-21s though 🤣

It is. 

It's also an advert for making good choices. Hickey left the club he supports to come to Hearts. 

Edited by Mikey1874

On 06/08/2020 at 14:25, soonbe110 said:

Language could be a challenge especially if your grasp of English isn’t great either. 

If Alan McInally was able to hack it anyone can!

CloustonHMFC

Will be a great experience for the lad. Whether he makes the top with Bayern is irrelevant. To be able to develop in their academy is worth the move for him alone. 

3fingersreid

Delighted he’s made a choice ( if true) that means he doesn’t move to a team that starts with glasgow . 
I also hope that it’s done in a way that gives that shower of shite not one single pound sterling 

Ibrahim Tall

If true - while it’s sad to lose him, well done Aaron. All the best! Can’t reply think of a Hearts player who’s got a ‘bigger’ move in my lifetime tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Will be a great experience for the lad. Whether he makes the top with Bayern is irrelevant. To be able to develop in their academy is worth the move for him alone. 

Exactly. He's still 10 years away from what people consider a footballer's peak years. This is the kind of move you don't turn down. It's that or sitting on the bench for Celtic at Livingston...

7 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

Good to see another Levein dud moved on. 

Terrible signing by Levein and not good enough for Hearts!

What a ridiculous post. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What a ridiculous post. 

Was meant to be?

On 06/08/2020 at 20:53, Pasquale for King said:

Bayern having a Scot there would help him settle in. 

Being able to learn the language is very important to settling in.

My lad played with Eintracht for a season in the lower leagues but could not settle due to not being able to pick up the language and being home sick.

in Hickey's case, he will be well looked after.

He will end up an excellent fullback then no doubt end up an even better holding midfield player its just how they do it over there.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hope we accepted a lower transfer fee with a higher selling on fee, means Celtic will get less of a cut.

A sell on fee is part of the transfer fee we receive, it's just that it's delayed. Celtic would get a cut of that too.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A sell on fee is part of the transfer fee we receive, it's just that it's delayed. Celtic would get a cut of that too.

So they are forever going to get a cut every time he moves club? I dont think so.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Herald saying he has not made a decision yet. 

Read that article ,very Celticy made me sick.

Unknown user
Just now, Tiger said:

So they are forever going to get a cut every time he moves club? I dont think so.

Didn't say that mate, celtic are due a cut of any transfer fee we receive for Hickey. That'll include any sell-on fee we receive.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Didn't say that mate, celtic are due a cut of any transfer fee we receive for Hickey. That'll include any sell-on fee we receive.

Is that 100% fact?

Genuine question.

Do they have it in the contract that they get 30% of any future sale (From us to another club) and then a % of any sell on clause from that 3rd club to another?

Edited by Lovecraft

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Is that 100% fact?

Genuine question.

Do they have it in the contract that they get 30% of any future sale (From us to another club) and then a % of any sell on clause from that 3rd club to another?

Nope, it's a myth that's never been substantiated