Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Could be good, could be Paul McMullan. Get him punted asap because his old man sounds a prize ****ing prick.

Is this tongue in cheek? He's absolutely got what it takes to play at a much higher level. Last player we could say that about for sure was Calum P and he's a considerably more limited footballer than Hickey. As a footballer Hickey has looked as good as Tierney when he broke through at Celtic, just not the same physicality (yet). And Hickey's done it playing for a much worse team that's been in the doldrums most of his time in the first team.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can hardly blame him if he wants to leave. As if Alloa and Arbroath are good opposition for a developing player. If we need the money we should get him sold.

Bizarre outlook. He’s a lot younger than McGinn who went to the vermin when down there, and his career took an upwards midterm toon when he moved on.

SpruceBringsteen
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is this tongue in cheek? He's absolutely got what it takes to play at a much higher level. Last player we could say that about for sure was Calum P and he's a considerably more limited footballer than Hickey. As a footballer Hickey has looked as good as Tierney when he broke through at Celtic, just not the same physicality (yet). And Hickey's done it playing for a much worse team that's been in the doldrums most of his time in the first team.

I didn't say he was utter dugshite, I said he's looked good so far but it's a bit of a lottery. Cochrane looked like he could boss it for Barca his first season, now he'd be lucky if he could **** it for Forfar. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bayern Munich would be a decent move, in understatement of the year type post 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I didn't say he was utter dugshite, I said he's looked good so far but it's a bit of a lottery. Cochrane looked like he could boss it for Barca his first season, now he'd be lucky if he could **** it for Forfar. 

I get that. Hickey just seems different though.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Bayern Munich would be a decent move, in understatement of the year type post 

Hickey on the blower to Alphonso Davies: "You got a surprise move to a massive club as a teenager and are already playing CL football? Do you regret not joining a club like Celtic instead to play second fiddle to a South American, Croatian or Swede no-one's heard of that they sign for £5m from a club no-one's heard of?"

Point in turning on by far and away the best talent at the club and his dad based on a rumour? That kind of shit will probably lead to his family thinking **** them then. 

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Cochrane had about five good games.  Hickeys been a stand out for a year now. 

Hectormasson
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Correct , think hel be a revelation  where he can play his game without having to worry about what  or who hes playing alongside  and his game will improve massively, he was recently playing in a side prone to  awful mistakes which adds pressure to him, 

fabienleclerq

If it was my boy I'd want the same tbh. I think him going to celtic might be our best bet for making money off him, sell him to them 2/3 million and a big sell on clause. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Walker would tear up the championship. A front 4 of him, Washington, Naismith and Boyce would be something to look forward to on a weekly basis (until they all get injured) and we get a 90-year-old Stephen Dobbie or someone leading the line.

What?  Walker is a lazy bassa.  He's another one that will sit out his contract as no one else would be stupid enough to give him such a lengthy and generous contract.

16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If it was my boy I'd want the same tbh. I think him going to celtic might be our best bet for making money off him, sell him to them 2/3 million and a big sell on clause. 

Dreamland when he’s a year left on his deal and they have 30% sell on already.  We will be lucky with a million net profit if Celtic.

Any other club for half a million with a similar 30% for us would be the best way. 

Edited by Last Laff

allanwilson1970
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Like most things you post on here, wrong

I hope I am indeed wrong, I also would guess all of us on here are wrong at times. I went to most of our under 18, reserves, 1st team home games this season as well as watching some of our loan players at Dunfermilne, Bonnyrigg, Cowdenbeath so I think am entitled to comment on what I pickup from other fans or parents of the younger players. Some might be wrong and some may be right, also my opinion of players might be sh**e also as I aint an expert. I say what I see and if wrong it should be no issue for anyone as its just and uneducated feedback. I still wish we kept Levein until the end of this season, I think the best performance I seen all season was Anthony McDonald v Cowdenbeath start of season, best U18 player Scott McGill by a mile, would say Connor Smith is guaranteed to make it but again all just my opinion and if wrong then no worries  

Walter Bishop

Sure he is represented by the same company as Kieran Tierney and im sure i read on here Celtic have a large sell on clause in his contract with us. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

jambopilms

A real good prospect for his age BUT I don't think he would have played as much if it wasn't for injuries. The way he played at times, I doubt he would of got as many games for any of the better teams in the league.

I think we should cash in as he could go either way as a player and he will walk for nothing in a year's time.

Hickey is far too good for the championship but his dad comes across as a total cock. 

Would be nice to show some gratitude to the club that made / could be the making of you by signing a new contract. 

Edited by Homme

jambopilms
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hickey is far too good for the championship but his dad comes across as a total cock. 

Would be nice to show some gratitude to the club that made / could be the making of you by signing a new contract. 

The championship is the perfect place for someone of his age to get 40 games under his belt.

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Sure he is represented by the same company as Kieran Tierney and im sure i read on here Celtic have a large sell on clause in his contract with us. 

30% of any fee

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

The championship is the perfect place for someone of his age to get 40 games under his belt.

Disagree. His performances are way beyond that of the Championship and squaring off against the likes of shite from Alloa and Raith won't help him whatsoever. 

He is already a first team starter in the Premier league. 

jamboinglasgow

If as I have seen before on here that his Dad wants him to play for Celtic as they are a family of Celtic fans,  it reminds me years ago I work with someone who was friends with Derek Riorden's family. He was saying to me that the reason why Riorden moved to Celtic was that one side of his family were Hibs fans and the other side were Celtic fans, so the arrangement would be that he played for both teams. Even though the move didn't work for him and ruined his career. I love Hearts and would be delighted to see my son play for the club, but if it was not in his best interest for his career or development, then I would not push for that. 

It’s clear we will have to sell him for as much as we can get.  In an ideal world it would have been good to hang on to him and I’m sure he would only have increased his value and reputation but we can’t afford to possibly let him go for nothing next year.  I think Celtic would be a terrible choice for him.  Not only because I despise them but because he will be lucky to kick a ball and would spend the most crucial time of his career where he should be playing as much football as possible instead watching from the sidelines.   

alwaysthereinspirit

Has he been taking speed/sprinting training during the break?

He’s going to need to be much faster unless Sheltic is his mountain top.

Especially trying to hustle back into position on defense.

Let him do what he wants FFS.

If he wants to move due to us being ejected from the SPL,  fair enough.  It's up to him and his family to decide, not opinionated people on a forum.  

Hickey looks like a very special player.  If he goes back to Celtic, I wish him well.

Edited by Lovecraft

Sadly, unless you are a 16 year old girl then Hearts under the Budge/Levein era is not the place to become a better footballer.

We need all the money we can get to cover the staggering financial loss of on field failure, Poor project management, off field virtue signalling and spectacular bad decision making throughout.

Although, imo Hickey will not make the grade he certainly is the only glimmer of light in the dark sea of stinking diarrhoea that is our playing squad.

6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Has he been taking speed/sprinting training during the break?

He’s going to need to be much faster unless Sheltic is his mountain top.

Especially trying to hustle back into position on defense.

I suspect that particular “mountain top” might just what is being aspired to. In the greater scheme of things football wise not even a mountain, in fact not even a “Munro”.

5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Let him do what he wants FFS.

If he wants to move due to us being ejected from the SPL,  fair enough.  It's up to him and his family to decide, not opinionated people on a forum.  

Hickey looks like a very special player.  If he goes back to Celtic, I wish him well.

Wish him well at Celtic? :rofl:

Eh... naw.

If he goes to Celtic then we will be lucky to get enough money from them To buy a bag of sweets and wouldn’t surprise me if they tell him to sit tight and will get him for nothing next January 

jambopilms
9 hours ago, Homme said:

Disagree. His performances are way beyond that of the Championship and squaring off against the likes of shite from Alloa and Raith won't help him whatsoever. 

He is already a first team starter in the Premier league. 

Disagree. Playing in the championship helped Walker, Nicholson, Paterson etc.

I see his performances as good for his age but not as good as some are making out. A few times he should have been dropped last season and he was no better over the season than Smith who is a bog standard SPFL player. 

He's not strong physicaly or defensively, he not a great attacking player who will beat a man and get a cross in, he's not a goal threat like Paterson was. A youngster with good potential but he is not too good for a season in the championship.

mellors1874

don't see it with hickey any player with pace gets past him easily and he's been part of the poorest defence I've ever seen at hearts.

if he goes to Celtic he better take a cushion for all the splinters he's going to get 

ford donald
12 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

It is 30%,Celtic board no mugs there,way ahead of anybody in Scotland when if comes to buying and selling,great scouting system.

6 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

don't see it with hickey any player with pace gets past him easily and he's been part of the poorest defence I've ever seen at hearts.

if he goes to Celtic he better take a cushion for all the splinters he's going to get 

Totally disagree mate. He’s got great recovery and performed superbly against pacey wingers.  He gives himself a chance with good positioning. 

The last game v Motherwell at Tynie he was more or less forced to defend for large parts of the game and was up against their speed merchant. It was a fair joust for 90 mins and , if I remember correctly, the Well player ended up booked. 

I think some people think you can mark a winger out the game in a way he’ll never get a run at you. A lot of the time it’s how you cope as a full back once the winger has made his move. Hickey quite often has a winger in an ideal position to get a tackle in. 

Can hardly blame him for wanting to leave but I imagine he'll see a similar trajectory to all the other prima donnas before him. He's too slow, weak and inexperienced to make it at a big club first 11 just now. He may well manage to improve on those 3 things in a top clubs reserves/youth set up but equally he may not.

Ainsley Harriott

Got a funny feeling his father's advice will be the ruin of this lads career. At such a young age he should just keep getting game time and developing. Parents always think their kids are better than they are.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have to say if I was Hickeys agent/father I would be looking to get him out the club. 

Hickey has developed very well and has potential. Playing in the Championship will stall his development, reduce his exposure, whilst we have little or no idea who are manager will be good/bad/indifferent for Hickey. Whilst taking the maroon tinted spectacle off we have been shambolically  run as a club for a few years. 

Things like his payment compared to others at the club, would really make me question how much the club value him as opposed to just seeing as a chance to make some cash. 

I think he will move on in the ‘summer’ we are desperate for cash, he’s about the only sellable asset we have. 

Personally can’t have any grumble against Hivkey been massive on the pitch and by I’m large kept his mouth shut and concentrated on his performances. 

Also as much as it pains me Celtic have been a pretty good stepping stones for big moves to EPL. 

This time last year he was thrust straight into the Cup Final from nowhere.  Maybe circumstances forced us but his performance told you everything about his temperament and maturity in the moment. 

Afterwards, it’s not been the best environment at all for him and it’s really tested his nerve in a real pressured situation as the team struggled. Unfortunately, it’ll force his decision to push for a move I’d imagine. He may have moved anyway no matter the situation but it says a lot for him that he’s still had alot of interest. 

Glad to see that, so far, everyone is ignoring the latest drivel posted 6 hours ago.

Hector Riva
15 hours ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Celtic are his preferred option. £35m please... 

This :smugger:

Would not hold it against him if he moved out of Scotland, in fact I think a decent fee from some English club and I would be glad to sell him. Not that I don't think he has high potential or anything but I suspect transfer fees will be very rare in the coming months in Scotland and whatever we get for him could be a massive bonus. Just please not Celtic, they can **** off.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, Deevers said:

I suspect that particular “mountain top” might just what is being aspired to. In the greater scheme of things football wise not even a mountain, in fact not even a “Munro”.

Hopefully not another wide eyed young Scottish talent caught out by the sparkly lights emitting from one of the OF. 

If it's a Dad thing its even worse.

Ibrahim Tall

If he wants to go to Celtic to sit behind Greg Taylor or Bolingoli in queue for a LB spot he’s an idiot. At best for Celtic he’ll be playing reserve team football or even punted out on loan to Hibs etc. 

Atleast at a Bayern etc he’ll be playing ‘youth’ or back up football at a top level with top level coaches.

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

If he wants to go to Celtic to sit behind Greg Taylor or Bolingoli in queue for a LB spot he’s an idiot. At best for Celtic he’ll be playing reserve team football or even punted out on loan to Hibs etc. 

Atleast at a Bayern etc he’ll be playing ‘youth’ or back up football at a top level with top level coaches.

What are the chances he will end up at Dundee on loan for a year, then Aberdeen for the next year.

17 hours ago, communist said:

I heard a rumour that Hickeys dad has made it clear to the club he wants his son moved on this summer and doesn't want him playing in the championship, I've 2 questions

Is his father his agent? 

When does his contract run out? 

I'm not disputing a father's right to do what is best for is son, but this is the same guy that 12 months ago would have been doing cartwheels when Hearts gave his laddie a starting place in a Scottish Cup final.

Byyy The Light

Mind boggling decision if this proves to be true.

Was hoping these days were in the past. What a fud. 

Naisysback
22 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Yes.

1 more year.

no..

He is represented by Liam O'Donnell...who is basically a sports lawyer but represents some players...not a nice guy to deal with by all accounts and he has 1 year left....he is Celtic bound, thats where the boy wants to go.

Naisysback
20 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Cochrane had about five good games.  Hickeys been a stand out for a year now. 

stand out...not sure what games you have been watching..other than Motherwell and Hibs games he has been as culpable as any other player for the poor position we are in. Boy has potential but his form this season has been very iffy.

Some on here need to just stop for a minute and rethink

The agent, father or not looks after his client.....his client may well want a second chance at Celtic...not sure I would given they let him move on a short time ago but he my feel different..being a fan and all that entails

I would have though a move to an English top flight or even top Championship would be better for him and perhaps more lucrative but he may look at that position and think I can or will be first choice shortly

He's going and this summer, so all we do is to get the best deal for us hope we can invest wisely....that's the bit that worries me given our recent signing track record

No one wants him to go but we have no choice if he refuses a new deal and we will have made a very good offer even allowing for the current position

Rick James

Have no real qualms with Hickey leaving. Really good, clever player for his age, and can get even better, and sadly not at Hearts, not after a certain point anyway. I just hope he makes the right move. As long as Hearts get a fair price for him, then that's football.

Walker and Paterson stuck around a few seasons, and at the time I thought that was great for their development as too many young players in Scotland were quick to run at the first hint of a big deal. Sadly, playing in Scottish football though, getting kicked about the park every week took its toll and they 2 struggled down south because of injuries.

If it's Celtic, I could see us getting him back on loan for the season. Unless Celtic are looking to offload Taylor, in which I wouldn't mind us getting first refusal on him as a replacement.

jambogirlglasgow
4 hours ago, Naisysback said:

no..

He is represented by Liam O'Donnell...who is basically a sports lawyer but represents some players...not a nice guy to deal with by all accounts and he has 1 year left....he is Celtic bound, thats where the boy wants to go.

“Some players“ including Andy Robertson. 

Honestly. We should be producing 3 Aaron Hickeys every season if our Academy is working. I wouldn’t worry about it. Celtic will ruin him. 

gorgie rd eh11
5 hours ago, Naisysback said:

stand out...not sure what games you have been watching..other than Motherwell and Hibs games he has been as culpable as any other player for the poor position we are in. Boy has potential but his form this season has been very iffy.

"iffy" :turned: gies a break. For a 16/17 year old he's been outstanding despite playing in a struggling team.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Honestly. We should be producing 3 Aaron Hickeys every season if our Academy is working. I wouldn’t worry about it. Celtic will ruin him. 

I don't think even Ajax have that productive a youth system. Three 17 year olds rated over a million and attracting interest from elite clubs after 1 season in the first team - every season!