Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

I heard a rumour that Hickeys dad has made it clear to the club he wants his son moved on this summer and doesn't want him playing in the championship, I've 2 questions

Is his father his agent? 

When does his contract run out? 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, communist said:

I heard a rumour that Hickeys dad has made it clear to the club he wants his son moved on this summer and doesn't want him playing in the championship, I've 2 questions

Is his father his agent? 

Yes.

1 more year.

1 minute ago, communist said:

Is his father his agent? 

Father is agent 

Contract runs out next year

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Father is agent 

Contract runs out next year

Pushy Parent 

colinmaroon

Let's hope the lad isn't moved on to a club currently about to risk the health of their players.

allanwilson1970
3 minutes ago, communist said:

Is his father his agent? 

Read in paper while back his father was negotiating for him.

Contract up next month, signed a 2 year deal, contrary to reports that stated it was 3

Just now, allanwilson1970 said:

Contract up next month, signed a 2 year deal, contrary to reports that stated it was 3

Contract is up next year

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Celtic been speaking to his dad I guess .

Will end up being a clause for league reconstruction

ToadKiller Dog
Just now, kila said:

Haha wouldnt out it past Lawell .

bigsuperslim1874

Here’s hoping Man City, Palace or Bayern move in then!! Cannae have him going to the mob.....just no.

I think it is inevitable he is away.

This may be unpopular but we need the money and cannot let him go for free so the destination may end up being Celtic.

Another note what is wrong with the championship a his age? Sounds like the dad is a bit annoying.

millerjames398
5 minutes ago, kila said:

😄😄😄👏🏼🇱🇻

Get a good fee. Move him on.

Seen it too often about young superstars.

Might well turn into a star.

To date he has been a decent player.

If he wants to leave and get a decent fee with a sell on % in deal then move him on if that's what he wants.

SpruceBringsteen

Could be good, could be Paul McMullan. Get him punted asap because his old man sounds a prize ****ing prick.

Vlad Magic
18 minutes ago, communist said:

Is his father his agent? 

These pesky rumours again.

Care to share where the rumour came from?

14 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

What makes you say that about his contract ending in June?

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Could be good, could be Paul McMullan. Get him punted asap because his old man sounds a prize ****ing prick.

Pretty much. Be worth it just to no longer about his ****ing father and his ‘demands’.

Diadora Van Basten

I thought he was after first team wages and we weren’t offering him that.

He would be stupid to move on just now better to extend his contract by a year in return for improved wage. If he leaves at 19 he will have a much better chance of success when he moves on.

The Gorgie

His dad seems an ass hole. He would rot in celtic reserves. A full season in the championship would probably help his career

Guest ToqueJambo

If only there was an example of a young Scottish full back who chose down south instead of one of the OF that Hickey and his Dad could take inspiration from....

19 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not really, for reasons which should be obvious. 

I hope it's nonsense, my initial reaction was 'well thankfully its not up to his dad'. But then I remembered thinking I'd read previously on here his dad was possibly his agent.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If only there was an example of a young Scottish full back who chose down south instead of one of the OF that Hickey and his Dad could take inspiration from....

Indeed. 

Some players and agents are too greedy, too soon. 

Hope he stays. Him, Dikamona and Boyce are the only players that got pass marks from me last season. 

Diadora Van Basten

Indeed. 

Some players and agents are too greedy, too soon. 

Hope he stays. Him, Dikamona and Boyce are the only players that got pass marks from me last season. 

Smith didn’t get pass marks? He was head and shoulders above the rest.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Smith didn’t get pass marks? He was head and shoulders above the rest.

Maybe, and Clare too latterly, but on the whole, I've said it for ages, I've never been a fan of Smith defensively at RB, he was far more effective playing those games at CB than RB. 

But yeah I wouldn't care much at all if the entire squad was emptied, they're the ones who led us into this shitshow with their lacklustre eye bleeding performances. 

Vlad Magic
9 minutes ago, communist said:

Not really, for reasons which should be obvious. 

I hope it's nonsense, my initial reaction was 'well thankfully its not up to his dad'. But then I remembered thinking I'd read previously on here his dad was possibly his agent.

Not obvious at all??

Spreading rumours helps no one. Especially Hickey and the club.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Not obvious at all??

Spreading rumours helps no one. Especially Hickey and the club.

What isn't obvious? 

Cool, I just thought a hearts forum would be the perfect place for discussion. 

We should be telling Liewell to stamp his authority on lapdog Doncaster and sort us out into being a top division club next season or they can jog on if they think they're getting Hickey

indianajones

Pretty sure its up to us seen as he has a year on his contract. 

I'd rather see him in the stands for a year than move to that lot of cheating *******s in the West. 

They actually have the audacity to blame us for their under performance in Europe. 

'oh, we have to play vs shite oppostion every week. its dragging us down'.

**** the lot of them. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, communist said:

Maybe, and Clare too latterly, but on the whole, I've said it for ages, I've never been a fan of Smith defensively at RB, he was far more effective playing those games at CB than RB. 

But yeah I wouldn't care much at all if the entire squad was emptied, they're the ones who led us into this shitshow with their lacklustre eye bleeding performances. 

Smith, Naismith, Boyce, Dikamona and Hickey were all definite pass marks for me. Irving, Clare, Washington and Walker in patches too when not injured or being played out of position. Would be more than happy if those are the players we retain, plus Souttar, Halkett and Haring (the pre-injury versions of all three) and Cochrane, MacDonald, Brandon, Henderson, Moore and any other youngsters we think we can bring on in the Championship, if that's where we end up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

54 minutes ago, communist said:

Is his father his agent? 

Well if he has 1 year left ,as others have said..then its bugger all to do with his dad agent or not

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Smith, Naismith, Boyce, Dikamona and Hickey were all definite pass marks for me. Irving, Clare, Washington and Walker in patches too when not injured or being played out of position. Would be more than happy if those are the players we retain, plus Souttar, Halkett and Haring (the pre-injury versions of all three) and Cochrane, MacDonald, Brandon, Henderson, Moore and any other youngsters we think we can bring on in the Championship.

Agree with keeping the young players they have to be the best choice. Irving had a few decent games too. 

Moore is another I missed, I was impressed with him toward the end, never stopped trying. 

Walker I'm still on the fence about. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Well if he has 1 year left ,as others have said..then its bugger all to do with his dad agent or not

I think the club might choose to cash in, if he makes it clear he won't extend. But I'd love the club to hold firm and say no, especially if celtic were the only club seriously interested. 

Just now, communist said:

I think the club might choose to cash in, if he makes it clear he won't extend. But I'd love the club to hold firm and say no, especially if celtic were the only club seriously interested. 

Would be interesting to know what Hickey himself wants to do

Guest ToqueJambo

Agree with keeping the young players they have to be the best choice. Irving had a few decent games too. 

Moore is another I missed, I was impressed with him toward the end, never stopped trying. 

Walker I'm still on the fence about. 

Walker would tear up the championship. A front 4 of him, Washington, Naismith and Boyce would be something to look forward to on a weekly basis (until they all get injured) and we get a 90-year-old Stephen Dobbie or someone leading the line.

Jamboelite
41 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

To be fair rumours about his old man have been doing the rounds for ages regarding signing a new contract and refusing so this isnt much of a leap.

My view is we try and push the laddie to go down south. Not just to avoid the humiliation of having to sell him for peanuts to Celtic, but to actually get out of the ****ing fishbowl of Scottish football. Naysmith, Naismith, Tierney, Adam (the list goes on), plenty Scottish lads thrive outside of the press microscope. Playing for the OF and taking a cooshy gig for meaningless league titles ala Brown isn't impressive and won't see him reach his undoubted potential. 

The lad has real quality and a good temperament on the field. He could be for a big team down south in a couple years. I think he's pushing too hard for the move away tbh, but its his choice. 

If Celtic are his be all and end all, then we should try and get as good a deal as we can. Sell on fee plus Bain would be ideal. Sorts our keeper issue out for the next 5 years easy. 

It should really be a cautionary tale about managing youngsters contracts better though. If you give them too much exposure too young, then the club can't reap the benefit of their ability. 17 and pushing his way out of Scotlands 3rd largest clubs for reserve football elsewhere seems poorly judged. 

Whatever happened to the Man City deal? Did that break down?

Jamboelite
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Walker would tear up the championship. A front 4 of him, Washington, Naismith and Boyce would be something to look forward to on a weekly basis (until they all get injured) and we get a 90-year-old Stephen Dobbie or someone leading the line.

Walker has done **** all for the last year of his old contract and since he has come back.

Heart of a chicken.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Would be interesting to know what Hickey himself wants to do

He can be Scott Brown or James Forrest or he can be Andy Robertson or Ryan Fraser. Good careers one and all. But it's a choice between testing yourself against the elite every week and testing yourself against the likes of Hamilton every week.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can hardly blame him if he wants to leave. As if Alloa and Arbroath are good opposition for a developing player. If we need the money we should get him sold.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Walker has done **** all for the last year of his old contract and since he has come back.

Heart of a chicken.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't tear up the Championship. I think folk have forgotten how bad that league is. And it will be a much weaker league than the one we played in, not just because Hibs and Rangers won't be there but because all the championship clubs will have been significantly weakened due to this crisis.

Nookie Bear
48 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Yep. Hope his dad gets to watch him playing for Celtic u21s for the next 3 years. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can hardly blame him if he wants to leave. As if Alloa and Arbroath are good opposition for a developing player. If we need the money we should get him sold.

Another million to add to our compensation claim, then? 

stevie1874
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

My view is we try and push the laddie to go down south. Not just to avoid the humiliation of having to sell him for peanuts to Celtic, but to actually get out of the ****ing fishbowl of Scottish football. Naysmith, Naismith, Tierney, Adam (the list goes on), plenty Scottish lads thrive outside of the press microscope. Playing for the OF and taking a cooshy gig for meaningless league titles ala Brown isn't impressive and won't see him reach his undoubted potential. 

The lad has real quality and a good temperament on the field. He could be for a big team down south in a couple years. I think he's pushing too hard for the move away tbh, but its his choice. 

If Celtic are his be all and end all, then we should try and get as good a deal as we can. Sell on fee plus Bain would be ideal. Sorts our keeper issue out for the next 5 years easy. 

It should really be a cautionary tale about managing youngsters contracts better though. If you give them too much exposure too young, then the club can't reap the benefit of their ability. 17 and pushing his way out of Scotlands 3rd largest clubs for reserve football elsewhere seems poorly judged. 

Whatever happened to the Man City deal? Did that break down?

Never been impressed with Bain

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Like most things you post on here, wrong