Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

According to the reports from Italy yes it is. 

If its true they should be having a go at Celtic for leaving the loophole there not Hearts. 

They should, but I can see Celtic wanting to deflect from questions being asked of them (both about missing out on money and not making a serious effort to sign Hickey.)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney

Surely then if Bologna don’t want to make the loan permanent Celtic could pick him up for free in a couple of years time, make a star out of him and sell him for a tidy profit. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Surely then if Bologna don’t want to make the loan permanent Celtic could pick him up for free in a couple of years time, make a star out of him and sell him for a tidy profit. 

In theory, but he’ll sign a pre contract in January

From the reports I'm not sure it is a loan fee. It's a loan with an obligation to buy for 2m Euros, which is subtly different.

I'd imagine sell-on clauses would account for this kind of deal. Otherwise what's to stop everyone doing it? :lol: 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

No idea if that’s the actual deal but I Really hope it’s true the meltdown will be tremendous viewing 😂

I really hope we’ve done this 🙏🤞

bigsuperslim1874
19 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Daily record saying Hickey will sign a year extention before flying out tomorrow

Sign a year extension???

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Daily record saying Hickey will sign a year extention before flying out tomorrow

It says he may sign a year extension, sounds more like Record guessing because of the loan.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It says he may sign a year extension, sounds more like Record guessing because of the loan.

Everyone seems to be guessing and it's all based on the Italian source who was unfortunately light on the details.

48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If he goes on a loan fee, supposedly for 2 years, he'll have to sign an extension with us for at least a further year to 2022.  Over the course of these 2 years Bologna will be paying us for the use of the player and at the end he will sign permananetly for them.

That's how I see it.  Hope I'm right, and if I am, then Celtic will be stuffed well and truly for putting us out of the league.

That would be a terrible shame.

SomethingAboutObua

Really doubt the loan fee=no fee to Celtic. Feel like stopping that sort of thing would have to be standard in transfer contracts, or it would happen all the time with the best young players and be well known?

I don’t see it as Celtic getting shafted and neither should the press. Why should they be rewarded for hoovering up all the decent players at youth level only to dump them at pivotal ages so they can spend millions on expensive flops instead anyway? Sure there will be the Robertson’s and the Hickey’s that might land on their feet elsewhere but there’s a crap load that don’t where the story might’ve been completely different had they been in youth setups at other clubs. Done next to nothing on a national team level for decades too with their youth policy. They’re not getting screwed, they’re getting what they deserve, absolutely nothing.

Can see Hickey signing for Celtic in the future and with this sort of loan deal first, Celtic won't get a penny but they do have the financial power to buy him in future when he's a more experienced player.

All the best to AH, I'll be looking out for Bologna games this season.

On 02/10/2019 at 07:04, DH1986 said:

If and when Hickey decides to leave we need to be smarter than Celtic......

Loan him to the buying club for the remainder of his contract but we get a loan fee for him.....

It may be morally questionable but I can’t see how it would be breaking the terms of a sell-on agreement.

I suggested the loan fee scenario almost a year ago.

I wonder if I can claim a small percentage?

7 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

I doubt Bologna would spend €2m and simply let the kid go for nothing.

Italian Lambretta

Maybe the DR is right. Hickey signs a year extension then is loaned to Bologna for 2m euros and if it doesn't work out for the lad he comes back. If it works out then option to buy minimal fee or nowt

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Why dont we all wait until Hearts put the story up on the club's official website.

Is that just for this potential transfer or should we do that for all potential transfers ?

There would be little left to discuss if that’s the case........

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why dont we all wait until Hearts put the story up on the club's official website.

Hearts can confirm that Aaron Hickey has joined Bologna for an undisclosed fee.

There done it for you.😂

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Aye let’s just shut this forum down. 🤣🤣🤣

Future sell on fee agreements wordings will have to be changed now to accommodate this wee loophole, good on hearts for finding it, not breaking any rules.

Still not convinced celtic wont see a penny but sounds promising. I can absolutely see the negative daily record headline about now if they dont get any money. Its fair play to hearts if they have found a way round it. 

31 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Aye let’s just shut this forum down. 🤣🤣🤣

There are times when it should be.

2 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Can see Hickey signing for Celtic in the future and with this sort of loan deal first, Celtic won't get a penny but they do have the financial power to buy him in future when he's a more experienced player.

How on earth could Celtic afford him once he leaves Scotland? 

How will the Webster ruling affect this? Arbroath had a sell-on clause, Webster invoked a FIFA clause to cancel his contract 3 years into a 4 year deal, no transfer fee was paid but we received £150,000 compensation to be paid by the player, but Arbroath were still able to get £14k from that.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Where’s the fun in that?

its a transfer thread, it’s what these thread are all about. 

7 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Where’s the fun in that?

its a transfer thread, it’s what these thread are all about. 

Agreed. But 39 pages of drivel 🤔

2 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

If this turns out to be true don't think Hickey would be welcome at celtic it would appear he is agreeing to shaft them

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

pretty sure we will have protected against this scenario in his contract. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, brux said:

Future sell on fee agreements wordings will have to be changed now to accommodate this wee loophole, good on hearts for finding it, not breaking any rules.

it’s been done before mate, we are far from the first 

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Still not convinced celtic wont see a penny but sounds promising. I can absolutely see the negative daily record headline about now if they dont get any money. Its fair play to hearts if they have found a way round it. 

Assuming this loan fee deal is accurate.....

I think we’ll ask Celtic to invoice us for their percentage of what would be the set development fee as a goodwill gesture.

Ann might be toughening up but she’s still fair imo.

So loan fee €2m

transfer fee €30K

will celtic want their €10K in cash, notes and/or coins , bank transfer or even instalments? I’m sure we can accommodate them .

here’s hoping the reports are in fact true 🤞🏻🤞🏻

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Assuming this loan fee deal is accurate.....

I think we’ll ask Celtic to invoice us for their percentage of what would be the set development fee as a goodwill gesture.

Ann might be toughening up but she’s still fair imo.

She's better ****ing not!!!!

Those green hooped wankers have shafted us for years.  They can bite my shity tagnuts for a single penny from this deal, is we can arrange it.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

She's better ****ing not!!!!

Those green hooped wankers have shafted us for years.  They can bite my shity tagnuts for a single penny from this deal, is we can arrange it.

Their pals in the glessgy RA might send a couple of hooded blokes with fake irish accents round to Budges house and order her to put money in the tin.

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

So loan fee €2m

transfer fee €30K

will celtic want their €10K in cash, notes and/or coins , bank transfer or even instalments? I’m sure we can accommodate them .

here’s hoping the reports are in fact true 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Just remember, its highly likely we will have a sell on fee, so it could happen to us also, but in (hopefully) a much bigger deal.

I actually think the term "sell on fee" is a simplified term for what is in contracts, loan or fee it will be linked to the transfer of registration and Celtic will get their share, small print in contracts will ensure this.

Just now, brux said:

Yeah I just read that's its common practice in Italy.

When did you start reading  ?

:robboyas:

These loan to buy things happen all the time in Italy. Atalanta had 50+ players out on loan a couple of seasons back whilst also having some players IN on loan lol. And it wasn't all young guys - some senior players were on loan to clubs like Roma and Inter, with obligations to buy. And Roma and Inter had some of their own guys out on loan on similar deals. Being a loans manager in Italy just be hard work haha but aye, they do it to defer or spread payments and to get round things like FFP, squad size rules etc. Guarantee if there's any sort of loophole, an Italian team will be exploiting it! 

If they're doing it here though and are loaning Hickey with an obligation for him to sign at the end of his contract then that has totally made my day haha. We won't be due Celtic a penny of the loan fee - thats ours - and if they pay a development fee at the end then that'll be minimal and we'll already have pocketed his loan fee.

Edited by Batistuta87

13 minutes ago, ericb said:

I actually think the term "sell on fee" is a simplified term for what is in contracts, loan or fee it will be linked to the transfer of registration and Celtic will get their share, small print in contracts will ensure this.

If football  was managed on a more Professional basis you would expect this to be standard practice...but it’s not. 
Who would have thought Barcelona would be paying to Liverpool a fee for Coutinho winning the Champs league with Bayern. Just because his contract stated a fee would be paid on Coutinho winning the Champs league...no mention for which club.

Hopefully the contract we have with Hickey will be open enough to make sure Celtic don’t  benefit as much as they could.

part_time_jambo
18 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

How do you open a fax?

When it comes out, the paper curls up. you have to "open" it to read it. Gutted that I can still remember faxes.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t see it as Celtic getting shafted and neither should the press. Why should they be rewarded for hoovering up all the decent players at youth level only to dump them at pivotal ages so they can spend millions on expensive flops instead anyway? Sure there will be the Robertson’s and the Hickey’s that might land on their feet elsewhere but there’s a crap load that don’t where the story might’ve been completely different had they been in youth setups at other clubs. Done next to nothing on a national team level for decades too with their youth policy. They’re not getting screwed, they’re getting what they deserve, absolutely nothing.

I hope it is and i hope the press see it that way as well.

Just now, AndyNic said:

Absolutely. Would be beautiful. 

Let's face it, it's hardly going to damage our long-standing relationship with that lot.

**** 'em.