Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

Unknown user
37 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Found an article....

The Hampden club have watched with great interest as Hull manager Steve Bruce submitted a series of increased offers for their former player.

They stand to gain £300,000 from the deal, an ironic twist given Stephen Thompson's dismissive approach to the League 2 club's claim for £15,000 when Robertson left the Amateurs for Tannadice last summer.

Thompson angered Queen's in 2010 when he used a loophole related to their status as amateur club to avoid paying a development fee for Barry Douglas. The United chairman made the situation worse by ignoring letters and phone calls from Scotland's oldest club.

Despite clubs such as Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Aberdeen handing over compensation fees in recent years Thompson used the same non-payment approach when he recruited Robertson and Aidan Connolly 12 months ago.

After a period of adverse publicity United offered a closed-door friendly between the clubs at Tannadice as payment with Queen's Park eventually protesting to the SFA and asking them not to register Robertson's and Connolly's move .

A compromise was reached when a fee for Douglas was paid and a 10% cut of any future transfer fee for Robertson agreed.

A spokesman for Queen's Park said: "We can confirm there is an amount due to Queen's Park for any transfer fee received by Dundee United for Andrew Robertson and that amount is percentage related.

"We have not been made aware of any transfer being confirmed so it would be inappropriate to say what our payment would be."

They were shafted at times by the looks of things and it seems legally they weren’t due anything but managed to agree reciprocal “arrangements”.

I'll need to look into that then, I've seen boys clubs and non league teams get development fees

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo

Bayern has to be the top choice. The best team in the best run league in the world. Reputation for great coaches and bringing through youngsters.

The fact Celtic have been so desperate to get him suggests he'd be dropped straight into their first team. So he can push himself into contention at Bayern and do an Alphonso Davies if he has the self-belief. It would be a terrific advert for us as well. Crazy he hadn't been in the Scotland squad yet while Greg Taylor has 3 caps.

gashauskis9
16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

€1.8 million bid from Bayern is a lot more than I expected.

And Bayern will then loan him to Celtic, so the hooped demons once again get their cake and can eat it.  

Ferryjambo99

Whatever he goes it's very rare for us to sell a player for 7 figures, particularly a young player who's only been here a couple of years. 

1.8 million pounds would be massively welcomed at a time like this. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Hope he goes to Bologna.

What a lifestyle that would be for him.

Otherwise, take and get as much cash as possible that any club is willing to pay him, would be my advice. 

19 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

And Bayern will then loan him to Celtic, so the hooped demons once again get their cake and can eat it.  

Personally I think if  he goes to Bayern and they loan him they would do better sending him to a side who weren't so dominant in most games. He would spend little time learning his craft of defending at Celtic.

Guest ToqueJambo

Looking at Bayern's squad they only really have one out and out LB in Alaba. Fernandez and Davies can play left back although Davies is more wing back and Fernandez is also a CB. There's a potential path to the first team there for him. Robertson was expected to compete with Moreno but basically took his spot. Levein seems to think Hickey can develop into a DM as well. He does show similarities to Billy Gilmour in terms of composure on the ball. 1.8m is a steal for someone.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Barack said:

Hickey will sit in Bayern II's squad for a minimum of a year. Which is no bad thing. Maybe get a bench place in cup match etc. It's been Bayern's policy for years. Players I've mention before, like Kroos, Müller, even Alaba. All served a minimum there, based on the player. Hickey isn't a world class exceptional talent. 

He'll still learn and improve in Bundesliga 2, just as he would in Italy. 

Yeah, they showed with Davies, who was very raw when they signed him, that they'll also put you into the first team quickly if they think you can do a job. Davies does have that crazy pace that money can't buy though (or you can buy if you're a Bayern).

Hickey might not be world class but he's the best young (as in 17-18) player from the Scottish league since Robertson and Tierney.

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I think it entirely depends on what he prefers to do.  Would he prefer to potentially be a rotation player at a mid-table Serie A team, or join the runaway Bundesliga winning team knowing he would be playing for the reserves.  They are very different types of team, and the facilities and resources will reflect that.

One thing is for sure - if he chooses to knock both of those offers back, and instead sign for Celtic, he is making a huge mistake.

Or what his dad prefers him to do..maybe?

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

If it was me...I'd pick Bayern. 

But, it depends what Bologna can guarantee him in his contract I guess.

It's a nice choice to have anyhow if he does. And both options blow Celtic out the water. Hopefully we can get a bidding war going.

Celtic just never learn from their mistakes do they. They've missed out on so many players by not wanting to pay good fees to other Scottish clubs - notably Robertson, Steven Fletcher and McGinn.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Get real. He can sort a free transfer in nine games time

Maybe Bologna want to make sure they get him, and don’t want to risk him going elsewhere in nine games time?

If he goes to Bologna and succeeds the only way is up. Juventus's strategy seems to be buying up the competitors best players. 

If he does well he could be playing at Juve. Which would mean a bumper transfer if we can get a sell on fee sorted out. Considering Italians and part ownership deals of players, I wouldn't think that would be difficult to negotiate in. 

Bayern would be a good move for his development too. 

Hope we sort out a good deal. The Man City stuff obviously never came to anything - I wonder why?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, rip van tinkle said:

Again, similar to Hibs with McGinn. Development fee to St Mirren was a sell on clause. If McGinn goes for say 20 mill, then Hibs and st Mirren get a cut (25% for argument sake) 5 mill to Hibs who then have to give 1.25 mill to st Mirren. 

Let’s hope he stays at Villa and leaves when his contract is up. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

If he goes to Bologna and succeeds the only way is up. Juventus's strategy seems to be buying up the competitors best players. 

If he does well he could be playing at Juve. Which would mean a bumper transfer if we can get a sell on fee sorted out. Considering Italians and part ownership deals of players, I wouldn't think that would be difficult to negotiate in. 

Bayern would be a good move for his development too. 

Hope we sort out a good deal. The Man City stuff obviously never came to anything - I wonder why?

Maybe because Levein went with Budge to sort out some kind of arrangement that amounted to absolutely **** all. 

Stendelnator
39 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe Bologna want to make sure they get him, and don’t want to risk him going elsewhere in nine games time?

I was responding to someone inferring that we should expect more money than what they’re offering. 

SomethingAboutObua

Hoping he goes to Bologna, if he  succeeds he’ll be sold and we can get a sell on fee. If he succeeds at Bayern he won’t be sold on and if he fails at both he’ll be let go on a free/small fee. Disappointed we’re only looking for £1.5million.

If he chooses Celtic over both of those then I’d be at a loss

Bayern is once in a lifetime offer but more chance of breaking through at bologna.

Hope it works out well for him. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is it a must? Guaranteed cash up front might be seen as better given the current circumstances. 

I think maximum cash now is probably best in the current circumstances (slightly lower fee for no phased payments offset by higher fee for no future sell-on).

Probably only a short term strategy not medium / long term.  But we are where we are and the future, crowds attending etc are all unknown, so maximising income and reducing overheads & running costs must be a priority.

Hearts will survive and thrive and will be stronger once the current  crises (footballing & others) are over!

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe because Levein went with Budge to sort out some kind of arrangement that amounted to absolutely **** all. 

I’ve been a big critic of levein but if we get the best part of £2m for a youngster we scooped off Celtic (🤣🤣) 2 years earlier then that would be one in the win column for him. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

I’ve been a big critic of levein but if we get the best part of £2m for a youngster we scooped off Celtic (🤣🤣) 2 years earlier then that would be one in the win column for him. 

I think the youth coaches that turned him into a LB deserve credit too, not sure apart from playing him 20 times how much a part he played in his development. Let’s see how much we get after giving 30% to Celtic and count it against the millions he’s cost us and continues to cost.

I reckon I'd choose bologna if I was in his position, probably a better chance of first team football sooner, and the Italian women too, obviously. :ruiner:

4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Bologna it is, then! 

57 minutes ago, communist said:

I reckon I'd choose bologna if I was in his position, probably a better chance of first team football sooner, and the Italian women too, obviously. :ruiner:

No doubt Bologna women may be saucey, but their Bavarian counterparts will have their attractions too.

empregada-de-mesa-sexy-bonita-oktoberfes

:insertjugspunhere:

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, hunts said:

Think that’s correct.  When Andy Robertson moved from Hull to Liverpool, both Dundee Utd and Queens Park received part of the fee

Nah, ever club gets a small %, but the 30% clause is only active the one sale. 

We wouldn't include a sell on ee for celtic in this one, would be daft. 

Development clubs get a small fee I think on going, but it's tiny. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, ever club gets a small %, but the 30% clause is only active the one sale. 

We wouldn't include a sell on ee for celtic in this one, would be daft. 

Development clubs get a small fee I think on going, but it's tiny. 

If we sell for decent money then forget about a sell on fee, there would be no need by the buying club. 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Hickey will sit in Bayern II's squad for a minimum of a year. Which is no bad thing. Maybe get a bench place in cup match etc. It's been Bayern's policy for years. Players I've mention before, like Kroos, Müller, even Alaba. All served a minimum there, based on the player. Hickey isn't a world class exceptional talent. 

He'll still learn and improve in Bundesliga 2, just as he would in Italy. 

I would hope as he has experience that he would get into Bayern II (though just as likely would be U19.) Though having a look they have not been promoted to Budesliga 2. (must be a rule where B teams can go no higher than the third tier.) He only just turned 18, which is easy to forget so as you say he can spend time developing in the B team as there will be things Bayern want to work on.

I do think it shouldn't be underestimated the benefit of having another young Scottish player at Bayern for Hickey to go there. Morrison can help him settle in, be someone who can provide advice and familiarity when you going for a big shift in culture and lifestyle (and being only a year apart and having both been at Celtic I am sure they know each other.) At Bolognia he wont have that, though he can speak to Liam Henderson for advice (and having read interviews with Henderson he will give glowing reviews to moving to Italy.)

Its a big decision, go to Italy and have a chance of playing some first team football in Serie A, or go to Germany and get developed at a fantastic club for developed players but not get first team football for a few years.

A youngster from here called Sapreet Singh is making great strides at Bayern.  He has already made several first team appearances.  That indicates that they will give you a chance if you impress.  Should be music to Hickey's ears.

See what I did there?

Would have a countryman in liam morrison at Bayern. Assume they know each other from celtic/scptland youth. Might swing it.

Would like to see him make it at bologna though

He’s got as good a chance as any kid that moves to Bayern or Bologna from any other country where they don’t weirdly drive down a player’s chances out of an odd ingrained pessimism.

If Aaron moves to one of those two clubs and we get a sell on % then I wish him nothing but the very best. Take the chance and show some ambition. 🤞

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Derek Rae on 'The Nine' last night and Martin Geissler asked him about Hickey. He said he would go into Bayern's youth team who are in the 3rd tier of the Bundeslige. A division they won last year. But cannot be promoted. Be a great experience for Hickey to go to a club like Bayern. A no brainer, really.

10 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Derek Rae on 'The Nine' last night and Martin Geissler asked him about Hickey. He said he would go into Bayern's youth team who are in the 3rd tier of the Bundeslige. A division they won last year. But cannot be promoted. Be a great experience for Hickey to go to a club like Bayern. A no brainer, really.

Anything that affords him an opportunity to at least try and play for a top side, and keeps him away from The Brendan Bowl would be nice.

Alex Kintner

His versatility makes his chances of getting appearances all the better, no matter where he goes. I said about a year ago that I thought he’ll end up as a centre mid and still think he will.

Hagar the Horrible

According to the Daily Keef, but I did not click on the link, we have encouraged a bidding war,  just been posted

Ibrahim Tall
10 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Would have a countryman in liam morrison at Bayern. Assume they know each other from celtic/scptland youth. Might swing it.

Would like to see him make it at bologna though

Two countrymen more than likely, Barry Hepburn from Celtic looks set to sign for Bayern aswell.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Two countrymen more than likely, Barry Hepburn from Celtic looks set to sign for Bayern aswell.

Christ, 18, a footballer, getting paid well, learning your craft at one of the world's top clubs, living in Germany with a couple of lads from home... there's no downside to this scenario. Even if it doesn't work out, a couple of years at Bayern would be some addition to his football CV. He'd get clubs taking a chance on him for that alone for the rest of his career. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Christ, 18, a footballer, getting paid well, learning your craft at one of the world's top clubs, living in Germany with a couple of lads from home... there's no downside to this scenario. Even if it doesn't work out, a couple of years at Bayern would be some addition to his football CV. He'd get clubs taking a chance on him for that alone for the rest of his career. 

It’s still miles away from home/family.  I would be up for the adventure 100% but it won’t suit others. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s still miles away from home/family.  I would be up for the adventure 100% but it won’t suit others. 

Maybe but lots of people leave home at 18, a lot of top footballers much earlier. It's a 2 hour flight away not the other side of the world. Annoys me that so many Scottish players seem reluctant to try their luck abroad when even single one who does never seems to regret it.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe but lots of people leave home at 18, a lot of top footballers much earlier. It's a 2 hour flight away not the other side of the world. Annoys me that so many Scottish players seem reluctant to try their luck abroad when even single one who does never seems to regret it.

Of course and I completely agree with you.  Different personalities deal with situations differently though.  I hope he does move abroad for himself more than anything else. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Language could be a challenge especially if your grasp of English isn’t great either. 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What I am finding interesting is that the ones who have moved abroad recently, even when their clubs release them most appear to stay abroad. Liam Henderson moved from one Italian team to another and he loves it over there. Ryan Gauld could have come back to Britain after Sporting didn't work out but moved down a league in Portugal and got that team promoted as he wants to prove himself there. Fraser Hornby went on loan to Belgium and now is going to be playing Ligue 1 football in France. Even David Bates, whose time at Hamburg started well then became a disaster is about to move to a club in Belgium (to join Jack Hendry in playing in Belgium this coming season.) Liam Morrison at Bayern seems to love it over there, and is happy to push his way through the youth ranks. 

Certainly seems a change in Scottish players attitude to being overseas, especially young players. 

46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What I am finding interesting is that the ones who have moved abroad recently, even when their clubs release them most appear to stay abroad. Liam Henderson moved from one Italian team to another and he loves it over there. Ryan Gauld could have come back to Britain after Sporting didn't work out but moved down a league in Portugal and got that team promoted as he wants to prove himself there. Fraser Hornby went on loan to Belgium and now is going to be playing Ligue 1 football in France. Even David Bates, whose time at Hamburg started well then became a disaster is about to move to a club in Belgium (to join Jack Hendry in playing in Belgium this coming season.) Liam Morrison at Bayern seems to love it over there, and is happy to push his way through the youth ranks. 

Certainly seems a change in Scottish players attitude to being overseas, especially young players. 

What guys like Sancho did is helping set the trend.

But the key is in how likes of Bayern and Dortmund are treating young players. 

N Lincs Jambo

As someone who spent a couple of years in Europe in my early 20s (albeit in a completely different environment) I would say that it will be difficult to begin with but if he can get over the first couple of months with loneliness/homesickness etc it could be a complete game-changer for him. Bayern are in a different stratosphere to most clubs in Europe and the education he will get about looking after himself in addition to the football will potentially set him up for life. Personally I would love it if he chose Bayern.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Bayern having a Scot there would help him settle in. 

Shanks said no
22 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

No doubt Bologna women may be saucey, but their Bavarian counterparts will have their attractions too.

empregada-de-mesa-sexy-bonita-oktoberfes

:insertjugspunhere:

Italian bursd aren't that bad either

Italia, Women, Italy, Europe, Italian, Italian Woman, Beauty, Healthy, Beautiful, People, hot italian, caldo topless actress, topless models, topless italian

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Italian bursd aren't that bad either

Italia, Women, Italy, Europe, Italian, Italian Woman, Beauty, Healthy, Beautiful, People, hot italian, caldo topless actress, topless models, topless italian

I can’t see what you see in them tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...