Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

gashauskis9
11 hours ago, OTT said:

They aren't waiving jackshit.

Their bid will be AT LEAST 30% lower than any other club. 

I'm fairly confident the laddie has eyes for Celtic and only Celtic. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems another case of a young scottish laddie being unable to see beyond Glasgow. 

When AC Milan are in for you, you ****ing go. Once in a lifetime chance. Speak to Liam Henderson, Italian football, coaching, training is 10X whatever we're doing here. Even at Celtic. 

He'd be a silly laddie not to go for it. 

Great post.

Sadly, he won’t get first team football for any of the clubs he’s been linked with.  Celtic just want him so they can weaken the opposition and hold a growing asset on their books for potential sell on.  He wouldn’t be first choice LB imo, not for some time anyway.  

Ideal situation would be for a Milan or Lazio to come in for him and possibly loan him back so he is playing every week (assuming we as a club are playing every week).  

Feels like a lose-lose situation.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ibrahim Tall
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is 18 next week. Bit young to be dropped into Italy. Certainly won’t be a first team player. Could go there after four or five years at Celtic. 

Tbh we’re the only country in the world that comes away with statements like that, and not by coincidence also one of the very few that barely has a player in any top leagues apart from England. 17-20 is the perfect time to move, it’s easier to learn languages and adapt when your younger and in general at that age you don’t have the added responsibilities of wives and children to consider with every move.

Ronaldo left Portugal for Man Utd at 18

Szczesny left Poland for Arsenal at 16

Coutinho left Brazil at 16 for Inter

Dani Alves left Brazil at 18 for Sevilla

etc

If it was Milan he’d hardly get abandoned over there either, it’s a massive club who regularly sign young foreign players in Hickeys position and know exactly how to support them and help them adapt.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh we’re the only country in the world that comes away with statements like that, and not by coincidence also one of the very few that barely has a player in any top leagues apart from England. 17-20 is the perfect time to move, it’s easier to learn languages and adapt when your younger and in general at that age you don’t have the added responsibilities of wives and children to consider with every move.

etc

If it was Milan he’d hardly get abandoned over there either, it’s a massive club who regularly sign young foreign players in Hickeys position and know exactly how to support them and help them adapt.

Exactly this, I couldn't be arsed typing it out so cheers for that

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

etc

Good post. Absolute no brainer Italy or Celtic. Succeeds in Italy - becomes a top class player. Fails in Italy - Celtic would probably get him for the same peanuts they will give us so he would still get to play for his beloved in a couple of years with more chance of actually getting in the team.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Done with this story in all honesty. Just take him already I’m sick and tired of getting hickey to Celtic story’s on my Hearts news feed. Honestly the last few years following this club have been at an understatement stressful. If he wants to go there and only there fine. Just do the best deal we can and move on. Draw a line under the whole thing! 

Sorry for for the negativity but literally every story about our club right now is doom and gloom, people taking swipes at our club or aiming their bile at Budge directly.

been here before
4 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Done with this story in all honesty. Just take him already I’m sick and tired of getting hickey to Celtic story’s on my Hearts news feed. Honestly the last few years following this club have been at an understatement stressful. If he wants to go there and only there fine. Just do the best deal we can and move on. Draw a line under the whole thing! 

Sorry for for the negativity but literally every story about our club right now is doom and gloom, people taking swipes at our club or aiming their bile at Budge directly.

Top of my head in the last week or two... Lewis Moore new contract, 6000 Season tickets sold, benefactors putting millions more in over the next few years, Levein et al gone, FOH raking in thousands more each month.

Aye its all doom and gloom.

Edited by been here before

9 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

etc

Also agree. 

I'd add the likes of Sancho, Haaland etc.. To that. 

Hickey needs to get the feck out of Scotland and get the coaching his talent deserves. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Sky still saying Hearts thank fans for their purchase of 2,000. Are they on the ball, or on the ball?

Meant to quote bhb. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Tynecastlesmychurch
41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Top of my head in the last week or two... Lewis Moore new contract, 6000 Season tickets sold, benefactors putting millions more in over the next few years, Levein et al gone, FOH raking in thousands more each month.

Aye its all doom and gloom.

Well when your wrong your wrong.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is 18 next week. Bit young to be dropped into Italy. Certainly won’t be a first team player. Could go there after four or five years at Celtic. 

The rise of Alphonso Davies suggests anything is possible. We should have more faith in our young players.

IMO hickey would thrive in Italy it’s no where near as fast as the Scottish game its technically far better Then the Scottish game and I think hickey,s technical ability is really good if there is a chance for the boy to go to AC then I think that’s where he should be looking to go the coaching and the life style is got to be far better then at Celtic so he will become a better player regardless just my opinion of course 

Unknown user
On 05/06/2020 at 22:48, Kyle1874 said:

IMO hickey would thrive in Italy it’s no where near as fast as the Scottish game its technically far better Then the Scottish game and I think hickey,s technical ability is really good if there is a chance for the boy to go to AC then I think that’s where he should be looking to go the coaching and the life style is got to be far better then at Celtic so he will become a better player regardless just my opinion of course 

Italy's where they'll teach defensive shape and tactical awareness, and those are Aaron's weaknesses IMO. With the raw ingredients that he has a move to Italy could shape him into something special.

On 05/06/2020 at 16:35, Cruyff said:

Also agree. 

I'd add the likes of Sancho, Haaland etc.. To that. 

Hickey needs to get the feck out of Scotland and get the coaching his talent deserves. 

Totally agree. Hickey clearly is an excellent player and the talent spotters at these clubs see that.  They won’t expect to be buying a ready made player, they see someone with huge capacity to fill and the key elements he has will drive towards that. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 05/06/2020 at 12:20, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Tbf on the boy,  our club is a basket case. Why would anyone with no maroon background want to be here if other/better options exist.

We only have people on the £ gravy train or people with nowhere better to be.

Damour ffs!

Cant blame a laddie with bright future for wanting to get out of EH11 right now.

Not easy reading but denial wont help us get sorted out.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

jamboinglasgow

If he did go to Bayern, he at least has a fellow Scot and former Celtic academy player Liam Morrison. Though Hickey is a 2002 age group player and Morrison is a 2003, you have to imagine they know each other and have played together. So it helps a lot when settling in. 

So he's got options including Bayern Munich, Lazio and AC Milan, which are all massive clubs.  He could really learn his trade there, and get some incredible experience in another country.  

If he goes to Celtic, he's a ****ing idiot, and shows the problem we have in Scottish football.  He will rot on the bench, and get a couple of League Cup games against teams like Stenhousemuir or Clyde. 

Whitburn Hearts

Bayern would be a great footballing environment to learn your trade , foreign country that uses english as a second language would make it easier to settle in . 

10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

So he's got options including Bayern Munich, Lazio and AC Milan, which are all massive clubs.  He could really learn his trade there, and get some incredible experience in another country.  

If he goes to Celtic, he's a ****ing idiot, and shows the problem we have in Scottish football.  He will rot on the bench, and get a couple of League Cup games against teams like Stenhousemuir or Clyde. 

Not if he is as good as we all think

His competition at left back is hardly world class at Celtic

The best deal is the one that benefits us the most..not him because once he has left us it's bye bye

That will include the fee (including how it is paid), any loan arrangement and any other linked deal with perhaps getting another player on loan

Ulimately he will have the major part in the decision

15 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yeah. I've got to hope though that he's got the same baws that led him to leaving there in the first place (to come to us). That was a big and bold move and its paid dividends for him. Offers to go to Bayern, Lazio, AC Milan and various top flight clubs down south rarely come along and he should grab it with both hands. 

It will no doubt be tough for him, but if he wants to be the player he has the talent to be going to one of these clubs is the only way. Copping out and going to Celtic now will just underscore the lack of ambition most Scottish laddies have. Hopefully he does something brave. 

Marty Byrde
1 hour ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Bayern would be a great footballing environment to learn your trade , foreign country that uses english as a second language would make it easier to settle in . 

It's also where he'll likely never play a first team game. Alphonso Davies and David Alaba are lightyears ahead of Hickey.

He has to choose well here, there has to be a middle step. Robertson went to Hull for example.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was on a German channel online a few weeks back and Lewandowski speaks brilliant German, considering he is Polish.....

Imaging some of the thickos over here moving there. That would be enlightening.  

Have you seen the Polish language?  After growing up with that, he'll have had absolutely no problem learning German :lol: 

I would love to move to another country and have to throw myself into learning another language, practising every day and eventually not even having to think about using English.  I really think we don't do enough in this country to encourage learning different languages.

2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

It's also where he'll likely never play a first team game. Alphonso Davies and David Alaba are lightyears ahead of Hickey.

He has to choose well here, there has to be a middle step. Robertson went to Hull for example.

That middle step would be Bayern II or loan to a 2nd tier side

3 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

I don't think Bayern would have him playing primarly at left back all the time tbf. 

Alaba plays LB, CM, DM, LM, RM, CB or, quite often as a Libero. 

Davies plays up and down any position on the left flank. 

I think they'd have Hickey playing both sides at full back, in central and defensive Midfield. That's generally what is expected of a Bayern player in the mould of Kimmich, Alaba, Lahm etc.. 

invernessjt
25 minutes ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

89k from lazio bid... 

Can't see us selling him for €100K.

But it’s going to take a substantially bigger offer than the £89,000 the Biancocelesti have reportedly tried to tempt the Jambos with.

Italian newspaper Il Messaggero claim that Lazio are trying to take advantage of Hearts ’ relegation to the Championship and need for cash, and have low balled them with a cheeky offer of just €100,000.

Lazio have reportedly made a bid for Aaron Hickey but it’s likely to fall well below the Hearts’ valuation.

The Rome club are one of a number of teams tracking the teenage left back, who is also on the radars of Chelsea, Bayern Munich and AC Milan.

Hickey is entering the final year of his contract at Tynecatsle and with the club no further forward on persuading Hickey to sign an extension, it’s likely the Jambos will cash in on the young starlet rather than lose him for nothing next summer.

I got that wrong way around 😛 

If these clubs are only interested because they think we are getting excluded, then they can think again.

Edited by HMFC01

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I got that wrong way around 😛 

If these clubs are only interested because they think we are getting excluded, then they can think again.

Add it to the course case!

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was on a German channel online a few weeks back and Lewandowski speaks brilliant German, considering he is Polish.....

Imaging some of the thickos over here moving there. That would be enlightening.  

They can’t even speak English over here in their own country lol 

Makes me think we could be looking at £3m plus but in this virus environment it's very hard to know.  These are big wealthy clubs which seem to be showing an interest.

Celtic, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, AC Milan , Lazio, Man City, Bayern Munich.  

I am surprised Ajax or Dortmund haven't been mentioned.  They like to recruit young players.

Need a bidding war to escalate. There's no debate over his ability and potential given his first senior start was the cup final against Celtic yet his attitude remains down to earth attitude since becoming a first team regular.

Byyy The Light
On 05/06/2020 at 07:30, Ibrahim Tall said:

etc

Spot on with this. Insane not to go there. Depressing actually. 

Pasquale for King

Hopefully for his own sake as a football player and a human being he goes abroad, learns a new language/culture/way of life and develops his potential. Making us a bit of much needed money with a transfer fee and a sell on clause.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Have you seen the Polish language?  After growing up with that, he'll have had absolutely no problem learning German :lol: 

I would love to move to another country and have to throw myself into learning another language, practising every day and eventually not even having to think about using English.  I really think we don't do enough in this country to encourage learning different languages.

Its interesting to read the experiences of Scottish players who have embraced themselves in playing a different culture. 

Liam Henderson is loving it in Italy, he has learnt the language, loves the culture. He has adjusted to it that he has now played for 3 Italian clubs, mainly in Serie B but has some Serie A apperances. And certainly from any interview's I have read or seen of him he is having a great time.

Ryan Gauld adapted to living in Portugal and speaks fluent Portuguese. He even talked about taking up duel nationality. After his time at Sporting came to an end he could have gone back to the UK but stayed in Portugal to prove himself, went down to the second tier where he was the best player in his team and got them promoted. 

Oliver Burke had a high profile move to Germany which did not work out (though that seems to be down to a failure in how British football teaches the mental and tactical side of football than because he couldn't adapt) and now is playing in La Liga. So another Scottish player happy to play and learn in other countries (and is still only 23.)

Liam Morrison moved to Bayern last summer and seems to be enjoying out there. 

There are others who may have not gone the biggest countries but still had a fantastic time in another country. An example of this is ex-Rangers youth player Steven Lennon who went to Iceland 9 years ago and apart from a stint in Norway has been there ever since. There is a video with him on BBC sport website at the moment.

So there is plenty of Scottish players taking the chance and have a grand time. Certainly feels like things are slowly changing. Even ones that haven't worked out like David Bates at Hamburg, he might not keep there but there will be other opportunities if they take it.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its interesting to read the experiences of Scottish players who have embraced themselves in playing a different culture. 

Liam Henderson is loving it in Italy, he has learnt the language, loves the culture. He has adjusted to it that he has now played for 3 Italian clubs, mainly in Serie B but has some Serie A apperances. And certainly from any interview's I have read or seen of him he is having a great time.

Ryan Gauld adapted to living in Portugal and speaks fluent Portuguese. He even talked about taking up duel nationality. After his time at Sporting came to an end he could have gone back to the UK but stayed in Portugal to prove himself, went down to the second tier where he was the best player in his team and got them promoted. 

Oliver Burke had a high profile move to Germany which did not work out (though that seems to be down to a failure in how British football teaches the mental and tactical side of football than because he couldn't adapt) and now is playing in La Liga. So another Scottish player happy to play and learn in other countries (and is still only 23.)

Liam Morrison moved to Bayern last summer and seems to be enjoying out there. 

There are others who may have not gone the biggest countries but still had a fantastic time in another country. An example of this is ex-Rangers youth player Steven Lennon who went to Iceland 9 years ago and apart from a stint in Norway has been there ever since. There is a video with him on BBC sport website at the moment.

So there is plenty of Scottish players taking the chance and have a grand time. Certainly feels like things are slowly changing. Even ones that haven't worked out like David Bates at Hamburg, he might not keep there but there will be other opportunities if they take it.

Laddie at Feyenoord. George Johnston. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Laddie at Feyenoord. George Johnston. 

I wonder how he'll get on, he's only had a handful of reserve appearances since moving from liverpool but he hasn't been punted down to Jong Feyenoord, he's on the edges at least.

It won't help that the manager who signed him got sacked though.

Born and raised in England I think by the way, so not sure he's a great example of a scots laddie making a move abroad. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wonder how he'll get on, he's only had a handful of reserve appearances since moving from liverpool but he hasn't been punted down to Jong Feyenoord, he's on the edges at least.

It won't help that the manager who signed him got sacked though.

Born and raised in England I think by the way, so not sure he's a great example of a scots laddie making a move abroad. 

Fair enough Smithee, don't know much about the boy if im honest but hopefully he gets a chance. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Fair enough Smithee, don't know much about the boy if im honest but hopefully he gets a chance. 

Me neither TBH, I had to look up his stats since his move, I'd pretty much forgotten about him.

Advocaat's there now, we'll see what happens

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully for his own sake as a football player and a human being he goes abroad, learns a new language/culture/way of life and develops his potential. Making us a bit of much needed money with a transfer fee and a sell on clause.

Chelsea the route they are seemingly going down would be a wonderful move for all parties in dreamland.  Realistically he’s going to be like the pet shop bhoys (sick bucket). 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This has got his agents fingerprints all over it. Be interested to see if any of these clubs do actually get involved, or if he just ends up at Celtic 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Chelsea the route they are seemingly going down would be a wonderful move for all parties in dreamland.  Realistically he’s going to be like the pet shop bhoys (sick bucket). 

He would learn a lot down there too, great youth set up and are now bringing players like Gilmour etc into the first team. They’re not that great at LB either so might get a chance before he knows it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Weakened Offender
On 27/05/2020 at 09:51, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

There's loads of them come through and we always think they're going to be the next big thing & they always end up disappointing. Calum Paterson has probably been the best but even he hasn't lived up to his early potential imo. I hoped he'd go down south & do an Andy Robertson but obviously that hasn't panned out. 

We all had high hopes for the likes of Jamie Walker, Sam Nicholson, Jordan McGhee, Jason Holt, Kevin McHattie & probably lots more I've forgotten. I wonder why they don't seem to ever kick on properly. 

We really need to think about the above list of nothingness before advising a young Hickey that a move to Celtic would ruin him. Hearts will probably make more money papping him back to Celtic with a 20% sell on clause than 'developing' him ourselves. 

Some stoating comments on this beaut. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

ToadKiller Dog

If it's true Bayern are interested ,then to me it's a no brainer ,one of the biggest best run clubs in the world an amazing area to live and experience as you mature .

Or of course he could take the easy option and go to glasgow and never really challenge his talents to the full ,but win loads of baubles and become the next scott brown .