Derek McInnes

Tokyo Drifter

Tokyo Drifter

Finally, someone comes out and says something positive.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aberdeen-manager-derek-mcinnes-says-relegating-hearts-terrible-decision-spfl-2863832

While I'm on the subject, top marks to Michael  Stewart on Sportsound on Saturday for calling out the "hostility" being shown to Hearts at the moment.

Turkishcap

As my tic buddy pointed out to me after a rant re sevco on my fb page cos I shared an article by Tom English, "Rules are in place and have to be followed" Insightful as until this happened I had no idea TE supported sevco.

Byyy The Light

Dave Cormack in the Record saying Scottish football needs run by one governing body too.

Not sharing a link to it but good to know not everyone is a lap dog. 

Ken what might have been a decent idea?    That people came out with sensible,   fair minded thoughts BEFORE the scandalous decisions were made.

Davie Provan, Derek Mcinnes even Charlie Nicholas coming out and calling McLennan a mouthpiece. It’s all just a bit strange. 

ToadKiller Dog

It's really only been the usual suspects ,other supports on the wind up or tribal reasons , chic Dung , keef Jackson ,the st midden senior staff and Cosgrove that have backed our expulsion fully,and I forget poor old wullie Miller but he doesnt really know what day it is half the time .

Most football people and i include Billy Dodds in that agree it's unfair what they the Spfl/celtic board have done to 3 clubs .

PortyJambo
22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ken what might have been a decent idea?    That people came out with sensible,   fair minded thoughts BEFORE the scandalous decisions were made.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

It's really only been the usual suspects ,other supports on the wind up or tribal reasons , chic Dung , keef Jackson ,the st midden senior staff and Cosgrove that have backed our expulsion fully,and I forget poor old wullie Miller but he doesnt really know what day it is half the time .

Most football people and i include Billy Dodds in that agree it's unfair what they the Spfl/celtic board have done to 3 clubs .

I agree. Miller though? I hated him before all this but with every passing week he’s become more of a joke figure. His astonishment that there are machines to test for Covid 19 had me rolling about laughing on Saturday. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Davie Provan, Derek Mcinnes even Charlie Nicholas coming out and calling McLennan a mouthpiece. It’s all just a bit strange. 

Interesting - I wonder if someone has told them what to say.

Pasquale for King

This pandemic has seen all manner of arsehole headed ***** come out with common sense statements. 

indianajones
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This pandemic has seen all manner of arsehole headed ***** come out with common sense statements. 

Strange times indeed! 

54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe we should get all 3 to do a half time draw in the future 😀

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

it screams of the ref that gives a penalty against either of the OF at home in the last 10 mins when they are 4-0 up and should have given a pen at 0-0.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Aye Andy Walker and Stewart also sticking up for us. 

I don't like this new world. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

The arrogant arsehole speaking some sense for a change?

Well i never.

Derek mciness  is not someone I would call arrogant 

comes over as a genuinely nice person and wish he was

managing our club

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Provan,  Nicholas and Andy Walker(who has suddenly become supportive of us) all work for Sky. Is there a connection I wonder?

Haringshairband
Just now, Hairdryer said:

managing our club

He seems ok. Not sure if I would have him at Hearts.

23 minutes ago, Crete said:

Maybe we should get all 3 to do a half time draw in the future 😀

Maybe all three could get a job at Hearts 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Provan,  Nicholas and Andy Walker(who has suddenly become supportive of us) all work for Sky. Is there a connection I wonder?

I certainly hope so. Nicholas and Walker have seldom missed an opportunity to kick us in the nuts in the past. I remember Nicholas using his Sun or News of the World columns to plead that hearts play behind closed doors after jungle John brushed against Neil Lennon. It does seem more than a coincidence these three have came out in our favour. 

kingantti1874

I suspect mcinnes fancies a crack at the hearts job at some point tbh.. none the less wise words on this occasions 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I suspect mcinnes fancies a crack at the hearts job at some point tbh.. none the less wise words on this occasions 

I expect he's had enough at Aberdeen. He's brought them as far as he can and doesn't seem to be appreciated by many dons fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicking himself for not taking the Rangers job when it was offered to him - and to be fair he'd probably have done a considerably better job than Stevie G.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Or maybe just one to do three jobs? 

45 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Or maybe, they could all just feck off. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Italian Lambretta
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree he has never said a bad word about our club which would suggest he sees us as the genuine 3rd biggest club in the country and would like a shot at managing. 

Sadly, he is now outwith our price bracket

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

:biggrin: Indeed.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. Miller though? I hated him before all this but with every passing week he’s become more of a joke figure. His astonishment that there are machines to test for Covid 19 had me rolling about laughing on Saturday. 

That man is as dense as they come. 

His long drawn way of speaking does my ******* head in. 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

That man is as dense as they come. 

His long drawn way of speaking does my ******* head in. 

He’s trying to get a dew extra seconds of thinking time when he does that. I had a boss years ago who spoke at the same pace. 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

He’s trying to get a dew extra seconds of thinking time when he does that. I had a boss years ago who spoke at the same pace. 

Even when he gets the extra thinking time he still comes out with a lot of sh*te 😅

bornajambo

I likened Millers astonishment to a caveman being shown a wheel, prick of a man.

Just now, bornajambo said:

I likened Millers astonishment to a caveman being shown a wheel, prick of a man.

Was incredible eh? Good analogy 👍

If only he had come out with a statement like that prior to any votes

Part of me thinks it's easy to do after the event...of course maybe he was under orders from above to say nothing

Good to see some aren't totally blinded by their allegiances.

Anyone can see this is a shocking decision, but no-one wants to admit it.

SpruceBringsteen

Willie Miller, a man so ****ing stupid he couldn't sell chips in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Finally, someone comes out and says something positive.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aberdeen-manager-derek-mcinnes-says-relegating-hearts-terrible-decision-spfl-2863832

While I'm on the subject, top marks to Michael  Stewart on Sportsound on Saturday for calling out the "hostility" being shown to Hearts at the moment.

Hostility?? It’s downright HATE!!!

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Part of me thinks it's easy to do after the event...of course maybe he was under orders from above to say nothing

my thoughts too. 
he has always bigged us up to be fair. Always thought he would fancy a crack here

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I’ll cut managers, coaches, players etc a bit more slack since they didn’t actually vote; unlike the crocodile tears that ***** at Livingston came out with - hey guys, really sorry I voted to expel you but I really like the 4k+ you bring through every time we play at home so I’ll pretend to be sorry about what I did. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would be my take. 

Knows the lay of the land. Will have pissed off a few more up this way

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He does indeed. Brief discussion about it a few months ago. 

indianajones
4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

managing our club

I presume you dont live in the land of sheep and have to listen to his pish on an almost daily basis on the radio. 

Trust me. We do not want Derek McInnes at Hearts. The vast majority of Dons up here really do not like him or his boring style of play. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Would be my take. 

Knows the lay of the land. Will have pissed off a few more up this way

Imagine the feel good factor recruiting someone of Derek McInnes calibre 

the only way it would ever happen if he was willing to take a substantial wage cut

but you never know in the future 

4 hours ago, stirlo said:

I expect he's had enough at Aberdeen. He's brought them as far as he can and doesn't seem to be appreciated by many dons fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicking himself for not taking the Rangers job when it was offered to him - and to be fair he'd probably have done a considerably better job than Stevie G.

What could he do at Hearts that he’s never done at Aberdeen?

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He did.  He said he wouldn’t be for ending the season and voting clubs down before the vote live on the radio. 

I would love DM at hearts.  He’s a fantastic manager that’s proven himself over and over.  We lose players and go into relegation mode, he loses players year in year out and swaps a place in the league at most. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

What could he do at Hearts that he’s never done at Aberdeen?

Win us a trophy and be appreciated some Aberdeen supporters will

ever take to him because of his Rangers connection in the past

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Win us a trophy and be appreciated some Aberdeen supporters will

ever take to him because of his Rangers connection in the past

He’s won a trophy there and has them kicking about the third best team if not second in the country.  Being appreciated by us on less money doesn’t seem much of a good career move. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Imagine the feel good factor recruiting someone of Derek McInnes calibre 

the only way it would ever happen if he was willing to take a substantial wage cut

but you never know in the future 

Wouldn't go that far. Not much of a feel good factor at Aberdeen,  quite the opposite 

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He does indeed. Brief discussion about it a few months ago. 

I’d take him right now.. some stability required