Media coverage in the UK...

Section Q

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

He got heckled , he walked down the street and into his house. :rofl:

FFS!! You've obviously not seen the report when he had to tell the 20 odd reporters to move away so he could get out of his house to his car!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• coconut doug

• annushorribilis III

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the fundamental problem with the mainstream media - not just here but in many countries - is they are going through an existential crisis and they just cannot work out how to stay relevant.

Ironically of all organisations the BBC still has quite a large reach but my feeling is that ever since the Hutton Report and that whole saga, as an institution it's been walking on eggshells for fear of upsetting anyone - and that's actually backfired quite badly and annoyed a lot of people.

2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

He got heckled , he walked down the street and into his house. :rofl:

https://westmonster.com/police-now-required-outside-cummings-house?cn-reloaded=1&cn-reloaded=1&cn-reloaded=1

Not the one I was think of but I'm still looking for it, but like I said before, you're talking shite.

Neighbour's? Walked down the street and into his house?

No mob?

*edit*

Here it is.

Edited by Dawnrazor

4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Just type in the address and we can all look for ourselves.

I tried to find it but found no reference to it. I don't think it happened but if millions saw it and it involved the Press it should be easy to find.

What i did find were several photos and references to his neighbours berating him in the street.

What ones would you say were his neighbours?

Edited by Dawnrazor

coconut doug
9 hours ago, coconut doug said:

That's because she apologised and then resigned. She also didn't appear to tell lies, reinvent the guidelines (instructions) or embark on some sob story to justify her actions. 

I've only seen Cummings harassed and i've seen him do a fair bit of harassing himself of others. Have you seen his wife and child being harassed and if so what form did it take?

Where is the evidence that his wife and child were harassed?

8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

He doesn't feel he needs to apologise, thats uo to him, I think what he did for Security of child care trumps a couple of jolly ups with the family to the second home!

Is having your home surrounded by a mob of paparazzi not harassment?

Is being surrounded by a mob of paparazzi while holding your toddler in your arms not harassment?

Is your elderly parents having a mob of paparazzi on your doorstep not harassment?

Where did the HO suffer this?

Where have you see Cummings do this?

What did this "mob" do to this child. I can't find any evidence to support your claim and neither can you, it seems.

6 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Of course you didn't and you didn't bother to reply sensibly to the other poster informing you that the mob of which you speak were his neighbours.

Have you got any evidence of Cummings being surrounded by a mob whilst holding his son?

Still you are not offering evidence of Cummings' son being surrounded by a mob.

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was on the news!! For millions to see!!

There's a photo, and I don't know how to post pictures on here, with about 20 press around him, he saked them to move aside so he could get to his car.

Oh really, he had to ask the braying mob to step aside so he could get to his car. If, as you tell, us millions saw Cummings being surrounded by a mob whilst holding his son why is there no evidence i.e.pictures to support that view. I wonder how many others saw this event.

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

55 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What ones would you say were his neighbours?

There is nothing sinister or nasty about this. It is standard press behaviour. Is this the instance where he is rude to them and answers their questions with who cares what you think anyway?

He is though quite correct to point out that they are not socially distancing but then nonchalantly wades into the middle of them. The following day most press are wearing masks not Cummings though who i imagine thinks he is now immune. The Press are invasive but it's no big deal for somebody like Cummings. He's enjoying all the attention. 

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Where is the evidence that his wife and child were harassed?

What did this "mob" do to this child. I can't find any evidence to support your claim and neither can you, it seems.

Still you are not offering evidence of Cummings' son being surrounded by a mob.

Oh really, he had to ask the braying mob to step aside so he could get to his car. If, as you tell, us millions saw Cummings being surrounded by a mob whilst holding his son why is there no evidence i.e.pictures to support that view. I wonder how many others saw this event.

There is nothing sinister or nasty about this. It is standard press behaviour. Is this the instance where he is rude to them and answers their questions with who cares what you think anyway?

He is though quite correct to point out that they are not socially distancing but then nonchalantly wades into the middle of them. The following day most press are wearing masks not Cummings though who i imagine thinks he is now immune. The Press are invasive but it's no big deal for somebody like Cummings. He's enjoying all the attention. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye, ok!!!

coconut doug
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye, ok!!!

Lets be honest here. You made it up. The kid was never harassed.

Lets be honest here. You made it up. The kid was never harassed.

🤣🤣

Stop it!! It was just earlier I was accused of making up the clips in the posts🤣🤣🤣

No, the kid wasn't "harassed" personally,  the 4 year old didn't come to the door and try to get to his car, you're right, I apologise, I thought that a 4 year old kid in the arms of his father had to face this thing would pass as harassment, probably not in you mind though eh!!

9 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

He wasn't surrounded by a mob so you're question is pointless. 😅😁

Your.  :thumbsup:

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Gutted. 😢

Case dismissed. 

Bothered.  :rolleyes:

Happy.  

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

I am  joking. 

I was joking back!

It’s hard on the internet to show/post/display ones true intention.

annushorribilis III
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣

Stop it!! It was just earlier I was accused of making up the clips in the posts🤣🤣🤣

No, the kid wasn't "harassed" personally,  the 4 year old didn't come to the door and try to get to his car, you're right, I apologise, I thought that a 4 year old kid in the arms of his father had to face this thing would pass as harassment, probably not in you mind though eh!!

"Stop it!!"

Quite. 

That "mob" though. Wow. 

PS  When your argument's this pathetic flooding it with emojis isn't helping. 

annushorribilis III
Just now, Morgan said:

I was joking back!

It’s hard on the internet to show/post/display ones true intention.

All good. 👍

"Stop it!!"

Quite. 

That "mob" though. Wow. 

PS  When your argument's this pathetic flooding it with emojis isn't 

So is it not a mob? When would you say a mod is a mob? I'm genuinely interested. 

You said there was no mob at all and that there were just a couple of neighbours berating him.

If you want "pathetic" and "full of emojis" go and read your previous posts.

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS!! You've obviously not seen the report when he had to tell the 20 odd reporters to move away so he could get out of his house to his car!

The usual press lot then and not  a "mob". 

The usual press lot then and not  a "mob". 

Not a mob??? So when is a mob not a mob?

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

So is it not a mob? When would you say a mod is a mob? I'm genuinely interested. 

You said there was no mob at all and that there were just a couple of neighbours berating him.

If you want "pathetic" and "full of emojis" go and read your previous posts.

It wasn't a "mob" .

If you don't know the difference between a "mob" and a gaggle of press photographers that might explain it though. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

You tell me. 

It wasn't a "mob" .

If you don't know the difference between a "mob" and a gaggle of press photographers that might explain it though. 

Oh, you really are in trouble!!!  Stip digging, the hole you're in is deep enough.

If you don't think that was a mob then you must be a special kind of stupid, and you've not answered my question, you can't though.

You tell me. 

Ok, look at the video, thats a "mob"👍

Pasquale for King

I was going to mention it earlier but left you too it. There’s been a group of journalists outside his house every day since the story broke. He’s had to ask then to socially distance a few times, I know 🙈 . He also faced a crowd of angry neighbours as he went home one night, I think those different occasions have been mixed up here. 

3B9EF09B-EF1E-4082-A523-AFD1DA845729.jpeg

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣

I haven't seen the kid at all.

9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I haven't seen the kid at all.

You hadn't seen the clip I showed you either, said you didn't think it existed!

Might you be wrong......again?

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You hadn't seen the clip I showed you either, said you didn't think it existed!

Might you be wrong......again?

I explained it to you already and so did others. It's not a mob and its not a 4 year old being harassed unless i have missed something. Where is the kid, that's the bit i haven't seen.

I explained it to you already and so did others. It's not a mob and its not a 4 year old being harassed unless i have missed something. Where is the kid, that's the bit i haven't seen.

It is a mob, of course it is, are you blind or just being deliberately argumentative???

The picture of him holding his son isn't on the clipI posted, it was one of the clips I've seen on the news over the last few days.

Seriously, how can yiu say thats not a mob?

Because you don't like Cummings, would it be a mob if they were acting like that around someone you were i  favour of?

On 25/05/2020 at 09:43, AlimOzturk said:

They are parasites. Not forgiving what Cummings has done but swarming round him whilst he has his kids with him is disgusting behaviour. And them preaching to him whilst breaking the social distancing rules breaks the irony metre. 

Did you see him on tv with his son too?

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

On 25/05/2020 at 09:43, AlimOzturk said:

They are parasites. Not forgiving what Cummings has done but swarming round him whilst he has his kids with him is disgusting behaviour. And them preaching to him whilst breaking the social distancing rules breaks the irony metre. 

He saw kids apparently, more than one. There must be something wrong with my eyesight - i'm off for a drive to Barnard Castle.

Oh and the preaching bit, what's that about?

AlimOzturk
35 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yes, he was bringing his son out with his bike. They were all around him and his son like a baying mob. 

No other way to describe it. 

AlimOzturk
28 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

He saw kids apparently, more than one. There must be something wrong with my eyesight - i'm off for a drive to Barnard Castle.

Oh and the preaching bit, what's that about?

Might not have been more than one kid. Think it was one actually not that it matters really. The point is the same and you are being pedantic. 

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ok, look at the video, thats a "mob"👍

NOUN
  1. a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.
    👍

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was going to mention it earlier but left you too it. There’s been a group of journalists outside his house every day since the story broke. He’s had to ask then to socially distance a few times, I know 🙈 . He also faced a crowd of angry neighbours as he went home one night, I think those different occasions have been mixed up here. 

3B9EF09B-EF1E-4082-A523-AFD1DA845729.jpeg

Look at the size of that mob. 

A Boy Named Crow

We've had "Clap For Carers", "Boo For Boris"...I shudder to think what we'll be asked to do to protest against Dominic Cummings!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

There was about 6 people shouting at him, a few hanging out their windows. This isn’t a dodgy area either. I noticed there was two police with him today.

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I tend to say a mob is a mob when it's an actual mob. Not when it's not a mob. Which none of that was, dry your ****ing eyes.

8 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Sky News showed Cummings carrying his kid on Saturday, they didn't pixilate the child's face, and apologised shortly afterwards for showing it. I can't find it online, I'd guess because it's a breach of broadcasting code.

coconut doug
49 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Sky News showed Cummings carrying his kid on Saturday, they didn't pixilate the child's face, and apologised shortly afterwards for showing it. I can't find it online, I'd guess because it's a breach of broadcasting code.

I missed that and now i know why i couldn't find it. Were they being harassed by a mob?

45 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I missed that and now i know why i couldn't find it. Were they being harassed by a mob?

That would depend on how you define those terms, and it's not really a discussion I want to get into tbh. Even though I've no time for Cummings, I thought it was fair to let you know that what Dawnrazor said about Cumming's child being filmed was correct.

5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I tend to say a mob is a mob when it's an actual mob. Not when it's not a mob. Which none of that was, dry your ****ing eyes.

**** of you troll!!

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was about 6 people shouting at him, a few hanging out their windows. This isn’t a dodgy area either. I noticed there was two police with him today.

There were over 20 people in the clip if you counted them, not six.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl:

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Might not have been more than one kid. Think it was one actually not that it matters really. The point is the same and you are being pedantic. 

Exactly, I saw one child child being carried but there may have been another.

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Yes, the press mob, as I've shown you in two videos.

8 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

That's not a mob, thats one person, the mob is is the two clips I posted that you said didn't exist, I thought you'd ha e made a big enough tit of youself on this thread?

A more pressing matter is why Cummings dresses as though he won a trolley dash in Sports Direct. 

Must be hard being a eugenics supporter when you're bald, short, ugly, skinny-fat and have an autistic child. Thems the breaks eh. 

39 minutes ago, The Brow said:

A more pressing matter is why Cummings dresses as though he won a trolley dash in Sports Direct. 

Must be hard being a eugenics supporter when you're bald, short, ugly, skinny-fat and have an autistic child. Thems the breaks eh. 

He likes to portray himself as being a bit edgy, a little bit woah, a little bit whay. And it would make it difficult for people to see him as a radical free thinking outsider if he was just another tweed wearing, Oxbridge graduate from a wealthy family.

For some context here he is in a previous iteration, when he was experimenting with a sneering posh boy look. Can't think why it didn't catch on.

cummings (1).png

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

He likes to portray himself as being a bit edgy, a little bit woah, a little bit whay. And it would make it difficult for people to see him as a radical free thinking outsider if he was just another tweed wearing, Oxbridge graduate from a wealthy family.

For some context here he is in a previous iteration, when he was experimenting with a sneering posh boy look. Can't think why it didn't catch on.

cummings (1).png

Hes very hard to look at. A right grim little *****. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

There were over 20 people in the clip if you counted them, not six.

I was talking about the one with his neighbours not the press, they’re two different clips that you guys were arguing about.