Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• coconut doug

• annushorribilis III

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlimOzturk

They are parasites. Not forgiving what Cummings has done but swarming round him whilst he has his kids with him is disgusting behaviour. And them preaching to him whilst breaking the social distancing rules breaks the irony metre. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

It's getting worse if that's possible.

Why, scum like DC need scum like Piers Morgan on their tails. Feck him!

Its telling that when you do media bias fact checks on the printed pres that none pass.

Oh apart from the south china morning star.

😄

The Internet

It's good that folk from all sides of the political spectrum can come together and agree that the media are scummy dregs. 

Our news on every channel blocked everything except for Cummings. Lots going on in the world....sad stuff indeed.

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Our news on every channel blocked everything except for Cummings. Lots going on in the world....sad stuff indeed.

Like what? And how do you know, if there's no news about it?

Pans Jambo

The shite questions they ask as well. 

When will the lockdown be lifted???

When folk stop getting Covid-19 & dying you total arsehole!!!

dobmisterdobster
40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hong Kong

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Watch independent news streams and keep in touch with friends living overseas. Al Jazeera cover international affairs and SBS in Australia are only two examples. Our mainstream channels are a joke.....!

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Watch independent news streams and keep in touch with friends living overseas. Al Jazeera cover international affairs and SBS in Australia are only two examples. Our mainstream channels are a joke.....!

I often watch France 24, the British Press and News are dire.

Funny how the unionists didn't bother about the media when they were constantly attacking the snp. Now, when even the Tory rags can't justify the actions , they are up in arms

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Funny how the unionists didn't bother about the media when they were constantly attacking the snp. Now, when even the Tory rags can't justify the actions , they are up in arms

:spoton:

20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm not sure the medical officer and thier parents were doorsteped like Cummings and his family have been? If they were, then I'd condem them as much as the Englinsh press, but it's seems its ok to condone the press for thier actions as long as the person or persons on the receiving end are not of your political choice, nat's are as bad as anyone.

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm not sure the medical officer and thier parents were doorsteped like Cummings and his family have been? If they were, then I'd condem them as much as the Englinsh press, but it's seems its ok to condone the press for thier actions as long as the person or persons on the receiving end are not of your political choice, nat's are as bad as anyone.

Why would they? the circumstances are different.

Just now, coconut doug said:

Why would they? the circumstances are different.

How?

The Internet

It's almost like people only react when it's their own little preset political agendas that are being questioned. Politics is so shit. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's almost like people only react when it's their own little preset political agendas that are being questioned. Politics is so shit. 

This, all sides are guilty of this.

coconut doug
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

How?

She resigned after considerable fury and political pressure, he as yet has not. She apologised for her actions, he did not. He had the virus she did not.

She faced the press immediately afterwards,he did not.

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

She resigned after considerable fury and political pressure, he as yet has not. She apologised for her actions, he did not. He had the virus she did not.

She faced the press immediately afterwards,he did not.

She went for a jolly to her second home with her family, he went close to family for child care. It's the harassment on the doorstep of Cummings and his family that, as far as i know, she and her family weren't subjected too.

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In this case people are reacting to hypocrisy and double standards as well as a flat refusal to admit that they have done anything wrong. The Press are all sorts of things and the msm are often the mouthpieces and enablers of corrupt and inept governments but there is a very serious issue around all of this that has little or no equivalence with what happened re Catherine Calderwood. 

Cummings has broken the guidelines and the law. He should have been isolated at his primary residence. He put people at risk by driving infected people across the country and even if he did not stop he could not know that he would not have to. He could have had an accident and infected others. He drove to a hospital whilst infected risking the contamination of the hospital. 

All this and more including the ludicrous eye testing drive to BC deserve to be fully investigated by the media. It's actually novel to see a few of them actually doing what they should be doing i.e. holding authority to account. 

We already have a largely compliant media as far as the Tories are concerned and we have a very dangerous government with increasingly heavily politicised institutions. Their value might become more apparent as the Opposition loses it's ability to oppose. I'm missing jeremy Corbyn already.

coconut doug
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

She went for a jolly to her second home with her family, he went close to family for child care. It's the harassment on the doorstep of Cummings and his family that, as far as i know, she and her family weren't subjected too.

That's because she apologised and then resigned. She also didn't appear to tell lies, reinvent the guidelines (instructions) or embark on some sob story to justify her actions. 

I've only seen Cummings harassed and i've seen him do a fair bit of harassing himself of others. Have you seen his wife and child being harassed and if so what form did it take?

coconut doug
On 25/05/2020 at 09:43, AlimOzturk said:

They are parasites. Not forgiving what Cummings has done but swarming round him whilst he has his kids with him is disgusting behaviour. And them preaching to him whilst breaking the social distancing rules breaks the irony metre. 

How many kids has he got?

Just now, coconut doug said:

That's because she apologised and then resigned. She also didn't appear to tell lies, reinvent the guidelines (instructions) or embark on some sob story to justify her actions. 

I've only seen Cummings harassed and i've seen him do a fair bit of harassing himself of others. Have you seen his wife and child being harassed and if so what form did it take?

He doesn't feel he needs to apologise, thats uo to him, I think what he did for Security of child care trumps a couple of jolly ups with the family to the second home!

Is having your home surrounded by a mob of paparazzi not harassment?

Is being surrounded by a mob of paparazzi while holding your toddler in your arms not harassment?

Is your elderly parents having a mob of paparazzi on your doorstep not harassment?

Where did the HO suffer this?

Where have you see Cummings do this?

It's the poor quality .

Newsnight used to be a decent and fairly balanced watch.

Two weeks ago they had an interview with Robert de Niro.

About 10 minutes on Trump.

Then ended the show repeating de Niro video from a year ago calling Trump a punk a dog on the street etc etc.

And I hate how interviews are edited.

Showing the interviewer then panning to the interviewee then a shot of the interviewer looking earnestly.

The media bias on brexit and independence from the bbc and C4 news is pretty well documented.

As is the job done on Corbyn by our Laura.

Who should have been sacked for that.

14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:
20 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

He doesn't feel he needs to apologise, thats uo to him, I think what he did for Security of child care trumps a couple of jolly ups with the family to the second home!

Security of his child - his eyes were blurry so thought he would go for a drive with his child in the car

Looks like his sister was appointed director of the IT company running the track and trace on April 14th... when they were all together 

1 minute ago, fbjambo said:

Security of his child - his eyes were blurry so thought he would go for a drive with his child in the car

Looks like his sister was appointed director of the IT company running the track and trace on April 14th... when they were all together 

My point was about the treatment by the press, I'm not condoning what he did, I do think the situation was different to that of the MO in Scotland. If he's found out to be lying and he's sacked or resigns then that's fine by me, but the hypocrisy of the press completely ignoring the social distancing advice on the door step of a man accused of not adhering to the social distancing advice os the core of my point.

annushorribilis III
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Is being surrounded by a mob of paparazzi while holding your toddler in your arms not harassment?

Is your elderly parents having a mob of paparazzi on your doorstep not harassment?

Let's cut the bullshit here. He's a high profile character who was involved in election fraud during Brexit, he has caused massive controversy with his behaviour resulting in him being held in contempt of Parliament and he is the most senior policy adviser in the govt. at  a time of the biggest crisis since WWII and his attitude is he doesn't give a toss : about any of it.  Everything he does is calculated and if he doesn't like the cause/effect of the situation he finds himself in then he should know what to do about it. 

And to say he's "surrounded by a mob" is just nonsense. 

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

And to say he's "surrounded by a mob" is just nonsense. 

Shite, sorry but that's obviously shite😅

"Lets cut the bullshit here" he's an English Tory so you think its justified 👍

annushorribilis III
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Shite, sorry but that's obviously shite😅

"Lets cut the bullshit here" he's an English Tory so you think its justified 👍

He wasn't surrounded by a mob so you're question is pointless. 😅😁

4 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He wasn't surrounded by a mob so you're question is pointless. 😅😁

Specsavers for you🤣🤣🤣

If you don't think he was surrounded by a mob then you're either blind or an erse🤣

Pasquale for King

It’s a bit hypocritical if anyone supporting the Tories to criticise the press when they actually used them against Corbyn and his policies, then when they borrow even more money right after the election and through this pandemic that’s fine. They were at Obi Wan Kenobis door every day there was a story to ask him questions so spare the outrage, this is part of the job rightly or wrongly. If it bothers them so much then bring it laws to stop it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a bit hypocritical if anyone supporting the Tories to criticise the press when they actually used them again Corbyn and his policies, then when they borrow even more right after the election and through this pandemic that’s fine. They were at Obi Wan Kenobis door every day there was a story to ask him questions so spare the outrage, this is part of the job rightly or wrongly. If it bothers them so much then bring it laws to stop it.

I thought the way the press doorsteped Corbyn was terrible, I'm not sure how these mobs are allowed to surround anyone the way they do, regardless of political persuasion. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I thought the way the press doorsteped Corbyn was terrible, I'm not sure how these mobs are allowed to surround anyone the way they do, regardless of political persuasion. 

I would imagine it must be pretty intimidating, as being shouted at by your neighbours like Cummings was the other day, you reap what you sow.  It really shouldn’t happen but it’s up to them to change the law. 

coconut doug
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's the point. He doesn't think he has anything to apologise for and so the media are entitled to pursue his actions and intentions. If he had nothing to hide and genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong why didn't he tell the press all about it right at the start.

He absolutely had no right to do what he did especially on the grounds of child security. There are rules as to what constitutes a vulnerable child in instances like these and he did not meet them.He had no right to drive 260 miles with a quick onset disease having a toddler in his car and showed complete disregard for the rules, the public and his child when he decided to take a drive to BC to test his eyesight or when he drove to a hospital. That's the point the rules apply to everybody and anybody else deciding to interpret them to fit their circumstances would have been in bother.

What Calderwood did was wrong and she resigned as a result there is no equivalence here because she resigned.

His home was not surrounded by paparazzi, they were on the street outside his house as they are with numerous public figures when they are the story. 

he was not surrounded by a mob who were going to do him any physical harm. It's part of his job dealing with the press and it's part of his M.O to court controversy and shape public opinion as could be seen by his actions outside his house. He is not intimidated by them and if he brought his toddler out when the press were there than that was his choice. I didn't see that but it was his choice to do it if it happened, presumably he acted on his instincts as to what was best for his child.

His parents did not have a mob of pararazzi on their doorstep either. They live in a secure house surrounded by fences. Nobody got anywhere near the doorstep afaik.  

His actions, behaviour and attitude are totally dismissive and irresponsible. If everybody behaved as he did the death toll would be a lot higher. most people didn't hough they respected the rules and understood the need for everybody to adhere to them a mantra frequently stated by the government he works for. His actions and refusal to resign have further undermined the government and the safety of the country meaning almost certainly that even more will die.

Even if he did not break the law and i'm sure he did, he should still resign because of the damage he has done and continues to do. He appears to be a man without much human empathy, perhaps even a eugenicist and he is certainly behaving like one. For these sorts there is no such thing as society.

In no way are the media justified in how they decend in a mob on someone's home or person as they do, not even an English Tory!

I'm sorry but I didn't read the rest of your post.

annushorribilis III
28 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Specsavers for you🤣🤣🤣

If you don't think he was surrounded by a mob then you're either blind or an erse🤣

I've seen 4 videos - he wasn't surrounded by a mob. 

He got heckled & jeered by his neighbours and a few passers by. :rofl:

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I think the Tories still manage to orchestrate the British media.

11 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

That's the point. He doesn't think he has anything to apologise for and so the media are entitled to pursue his actions and intentions. If he had nothing to hide and genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong why didn't he tell the press all about it right at the start.

He absolutely had no right to do what he did especially on the grounds of child security. There are rules as to what constitutes a vulnerable child in instances like these and he did not meet them.He had no right to drive 260 miles with a quick onset disease having a toddler in his car and showed complete disregard for the rules, the public and his child when he decided to take a drive to BC to test his eyesight or when he drove to a hospital. That's the point the rules apply to everybody and anybody else deciding to interpret them to fit their circumstances would have been in bother.

What Calderwood did was wrong and she resigned as a result there is no equivalence here because she resigned.

His home was not surrounded by paparazzi, they were on the street outside his house as they are with numerous public figures when they are the story. 

he was not surrounded by a mob who were going to do him any physical harm. It's part of his job dealing with the press and it's part of his M.O to court controversy and shape public opinion as could be seen by his actions outside his house. He is not intimidated by them and if he brought his toddler out when the press were there than that was his choice. I didn't see that but it was his choice to do it if it happened, presumably he acted on his instincts as to what was best for his child.

His parents did not have a mob of pararazzi on their doorstep either. They live in a secure house surrounded by fences. Nobody got anywhere near the doorstep afaik.  

His actions, behaviour and attitude are totally dismissive and irresponsible. If everybody behaved as he did the death toll would be a lot higher. most people didn't hough they respected the rules and understood the need for everybody to adhere to them a mantra frequently stated by the government he works for. His actions and refusal to resign have further undermined the government and the safety of the country meaning almost certainly that even more will die.

Even if he did not break the law and i'm sure he did, he should still resign because of the damage he has done and continues to do. He appears to be a man without much human empathy, perhaps even a eugenicist and he is certainly behaving like one. For these sorts there is no such thing as society.

And that whoever or whatever politics you support is how all of us should view Cummings.

Still not convinced on the merits of arriving at someones house unless it's just for footage in a journalistic sense.

56 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I've seen 4 videos - he wasn't surrounded by a mob. 

He got heckled & jeered by his neighbours and a few passers by. :rofl:

Your talking absolute shite😅😅😅

Were the neighbor's the 20 odd mob surrounding him with cameras ya trumpet🤣🤣🤣

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

In no way are the media justified in how they decend in a mob on someone's home or person as they do, not even an English Tory!

It's what he did not the fact that he is a Tory or English.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Of course you didn't and you didn't bother to reply sensibly to the other poster informing you that the mob of which you speak were his neighbours.

Have you got any evidence of Cummings being surrounded by a mob whilst holding his son?

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Quite right. I remember all your posts,at the time, complaining about the treatment of corbyn. Give me a few years and I'll see if I can find them 

King Of The Cat Cafe

It used to be my job to advice people on how to deal with the media.

The first thing I would insist that anything they said had to be 100 per cent accurate.  We saw at the weekend that was ignored when Downing Street argued there was no trip to Barnard Castle.  That trip is now the biggest hole in the Cummings epistle.  If "testing my eyes" was the best he could come up with yesterday, I hate to think what reasons/excuses he rejected.  

That trip was on a date when, according to the account written by his wife in her newspaper, he was laid up in bed for 10 days.

If I had been advising Cummings for yesterday's presser, I would have said: explain it all if you must; go big on your anxiety and your worries for your son; and say these may have clouded your judgment; accept that you may have inadvertently misinterpreted the guidelines.

Above all, given what you knew the press knew, and what you did not now the press knew, three words would have gone a long way:  "I am sorry".

Even if you did not mean it.

19 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Of course you didn't and you didn't bother to reply sensibly to the other poster informing you that the mob of which you speak were his neighbours.

Have you got any evidence of Cummings being surrounded by a mob whilst holding his son?

It was on the news!! For millions to see!!

There's a photo, and I don't know how to post pictures on here, with about 20 press around him, he saked them to move aside so he could get to his car.

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Quite right. I remember all your posts,at the time, complaining about the treatment of corbyn. Give me a few years and I'll see if I can find them 

😅😅

coconut doug
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was on the news!! For millions to see!!

There's a photo, and I don't know how to post pictures on here, with about 20 press around him, he saked them to move aside so he could get to his car.

Just type in the address and we can all look for ourselves.

I tried to find it but found no reference to it. I don't think it happened but if millions saw it and it involved the Press it should be easy to find.

What i did find were several photos and references to his neighbours berating him in the street.

3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Just type in the address and we can all look for ourselves.

I tried to find it but found no reference to it. I don't think it happened but if millions saw it and it involved the Press it should be easy to find.

What i did find were several photos and references to his neighbours berating him in the street.

I've sent you a pm.

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Your talking absolute shite😅😅😅

Were the neighbor's the 20 odd mob surrounding him with cameras ya trumpet🤣🤣🤣

He got heckled , he walked down the street and into his house. :rofl: