Hearts Twitter.

Sarah O

It has to be said, Hearts Twitter is pretty poor. 

Click the link they posted...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

Are the comms still run by the guy who had a pop at us all on Twitter after the cup final and tried to defend Levein before bottling out and deleting it?

brunoatemyhamster
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

Are the comms still run by the guy who had a pop at us all on Twitter after the cup final and tried to defend Levein before bottling out and deleting it?

Probably Levein himself. 

Manager of communications. Seemed to do everything else. 

Wow that's bad. Lucky the US don't quite have GDPR, but how on earth did it happen?

Problem with that short url website redirecting to random pages or did our social media rep do a big copy and paste mistake? Do they not verify what they post after hitting submit?

Anyway I reported that school's page clicking the link at the bottom to Google because none of that doc should be publicly viewable 😐

Hearts really need a tech savvy young gun on social media responsibility. 

The output is guff. 

I follow most SPFL premiership clubs and our out put is, as I said, a bit... Pish. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

The output is guff. 

I follow most SPFL premiership clubs and our out put is, as I said, a bit... Pish. 

The daily Rudi/Robbo thing is quite good to be fair, though the banner covers like 40% of the video...

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The output is guff. 

Our social media and marketing/PR is poor.

Leveins Battalion

Hearts social media stuff is pathetic. 

That signing juice with the Budgie has got to be the worst signing unveiling post of any club.

Needs to be edgy and current.

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Wow that's bad. Lucky the US don't quite have GDPR, but how on earth did it happen?

Problem with that short url website redirecting to random pages or did our social media rep do a big copy and paste mistake? Do they not verify what they post after hitting submit?

Anyway I reported that school's page clicking the link at the bottom to Google because none of that doc should be publicly viewable 😐

What's it got to do with GDPR?  All it is is an incorrect link - nothing personal data related?

Just now, Gards said:

What's it got to do with GDPR?  All it is is an incorrect link - nothing personal data related?

The link took me to some US school transport site and showed me a kid's details such as name, home address etc.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

The link took me to some US school transport site and showed me a kid's details such as name, home address etc.

Yeh I see now, cheers.  Thought it was being Hearts being implicated from a GDPR perspective but see it's the school itself who shouldn't have that data public.  Feck knows how someone at Hearts got that link!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I clicked on the link this morning and it was fine.

Been hacked I would say

Rick James

The Hearts Twitter has improved tenfold over the last wee while but still a long way to go.

Last week at the height of Bundesliga interest, I posted several Hearts/Schalke content, and Schalke's official page took time to tweet us regards but Hearts completely ignored. Schalke are bigger than Hearts and have more to get through is all I'm gonna say.

26 minutes ago, kila said:

Canada.

Really strange that. The tweets gone so clearly there was a mistake made which really is more of a problem for the person who's just stuck their own address up and the school in question who should surely not have something like that viewable to anybody who clicks the link.

The red flag for me mind you is, does this mean the person running our social media is based in Canada? Surely not, just cannot see that being the case, but then how did whoever put up that tweet manage to access that link with the personal data already input on it? 

As people have already said I've thought for ages that our social media and marketing in general is just so bog standard and bleh and if it turns out we're paying some random company to do the social media rather than just recruiting a fan who's got decent patter I'd find that mad.

Doubt it'll ever cross my mind again after tonight mind you!

Incredibly easy to find that woman's Facebook as well.

Think the mods should maybe remove the link from the OP. Not that anything nefarious could or would be done, but just out of courtesy to the person who's address is now accessible to anyone and everyone. 

10 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Canada.

Really strange that. The tweets gone so clearly there was a mistake made which really is more of a problem for the person who's just stuck their own address up and the school in question who should surely not have something like that viewable to anybody who clicks the link.

The red flag for me mind you is, does this mean the person running our social media is based in Canada? Surely not, just cannot see that being the case, but then how did whoever put up that tweet manage to access that link with the personal data already input on it? 

As people have already said I've thought for ages that our social media and marketing in general is just so bog standard and bleh and if it turns out we're paying some random company to do the social media rather than just recruiting a fan who's got decent patter I'd find that mad.

Doubt it'll ever cross my mind again after tonight mind you!

Sir Gio said the link was working for them this morning, so presumably the 'short link' company they used had some issue and their wires got crossed.

I don't like clicking tiny links, who knows what you'll get redirected to. Twitter used to count website addresses in the 140 character limit, but they don't anymore so there's no need to use a short/tiny URL. Just paste the full link in.

Just now, kila said:

Sir Gio said the link was working for them this morning, so presumably the 'short link' company they used had some issue and their wires got crossed.

I don't like clicking tiny links, who knows what you'll get redirected to. Twitter used to count website addresses in the 140 character limit, but they don't anymore so there's no need to use a short/tiny URL. Just paste the full link in.

That would make far more sense aye.

Damn, so it's just that our social media person has no personality and it shines through.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

The Hearts Twitter has improved tenfold over the last wee while but still a long way to go.

Last week at the height of Bundesliga interest, I posted several Hearts/Schalke content, and Schalke's official page took time to tweet us regards but Hearts completely ignored. Schalke are bigger than Hearts and have more to get through is all I'm gonna say.

That's really poor. Even the Hobos were cosying up with a german team.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

How do you know it isn't a tech savvy young gun? Just they are shite at his / her job ;)

Maybe Hearts really need a tech savvy old guy with lots of life experience you presumptuous ageist :) 

Go on the old guy :) 

Maybe Ann's got Levein & McPhee doing the social media to fill in their time since they were "sacked".  That explains everything.

McPhee is good with a laptop, so we are told.  Got to be good at something?

Guest ToqueJambo

Social Media guy oot! Is that how this works?

It looks like a copy and paste mistake with the short URL generated for Twitter, or potentially a mistake by the link generation service. Hardly a hanging offence. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Maybe Ann's got Levein & McPhee doing the social media to fill in their time since they were "sacked".  That explains everything.

McPhee is good with a laptop, so we are told.  Got to be good at something?

Deleting his internet history 👍

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I think the Hearts twitter is generally decent. Big improvement in the last couple of years. Instagram is good and I enjoy following that as well.

There's some amount of irony involved in this thread with people asking for someone more tech-savvy and more up to date. 

Jambo 4 Ever
13 hours ago, Sarah O said:

The output is guff. 

And their coverage Of our  under 18/ / reserves are very poor too 

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

May get better coverage now having NHS on your jerseys.👍

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Have you compared it to other clubs to reach that conclusion? 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have you compared it to other clubs to reach that conclusion? 

If he thinks Hearts coverage is poor then he thinks it’s poor, a conclusion based on his own opinion, which he’s quite entitled to do. He doesn’t necessarily need to compare other clubs coverage to reach his stated opinion.

9 minutes ago, smiler said:

If he thinks Hearts coverage is poor then he thinks it’s poor, a conclusion based on his own opinion, which he’s quite entitled to do. He doesn’t necessarily need to compare other clubs coverage to reach his stated opinion.

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, smiler said:

Never said he had to. 

I'm entitled to ask a question on how he came to that conclusion tho as he posted it in the public domain. 

Thanks for your input, tho. Helpful as always. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Never said he had to. 

I'm entitled to ask a question on how he came to that conclusion tho as he posted it in the public domain. 

Thanks for your input, tho. Helpful as always. 

It’s quite simple, but not for you clearly,. He came to that conclusion because it’s his opinion, as he stated.

DUH.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

It’s quite simple, but not for you clearly,. He came to that conclusion because it’s his opinion, as he stated.

DUH.

SShhhh. 

Let him speak for himself.

I'm interested in how he came to that conclusion, what was his benchmark, what clubs are better, what is his expectations of said coverage? 

Let him answer tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Carl Weathers

It really annoys me that Aberdeen have something like 15k more Twitter followers than Hearts. I cant get my head around why they have more as it certainly doesn't translate to attendance figures at games. Could they possibly have a younger fanbase than us? Or do better promotion of their social media platforms? I can't compare us against hibs as they banned me from their Twitter account early doors.