Clap for carers

Hairdryer

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Clapping for the NHS fits perfectly with the slacktivism culture that seems to prevail these days. It costs people nothing, achieves nothing and completely falls to address the very real problems being faced by doctors and nurses all over the country. 

Have at it if you like, not for me though. 

Indeed, I wonder how long it'll be before A&E is rammed full of drunks on a Friday & Saturday night again, who'll hurl abuse both verbal and physical at the very same heroes some of them no doubts have been outside clapping for, only days/weeks previously.

I fear that when this all calms down people will abuse the NHS and it's staff just like before and nothing will really have changed.

18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your first sentence raised a smile.

Aye his wages.

31 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Taxation is mandatory charity.

removal of money to pay for stuff for folks who cannot afford it

Poverty is the reason you earn a living. And it was mandatory charity that gave you the chance to earn that living, if you really a Doctor, that is?

I do hope for your sake, you don't mutter out loud, the contempt you have for some of your patients. For my sake, please do . 😀

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Poverty is the reason you earn a living. And it was mandatory charity that gave you the chance to earn that living, if you really a Doctor, that is?

I do hope for your sake, you don't mutter out loud, the contempt you have for some of your patients. For my sake, please do . 😀

Did I say it was wrong?

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, pablo said:

That sounds great. I've got some lassie playing classical music on a piano, very averagely in my street 

Wouldn't mind some flares tbh 

I preferred drainpipes to flares.

Clap. Don't clap. But the wee wifey who walks up and down our street with the pan looking to see who's out, and who's not, can go **** right off. 

On 23/05/2020 at 15:30, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Capped at 1% before the Scottish Government scrapped that in 2017.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/29/scottish-government-abandons-public-sector-pay-cap

It had been at 1% for years before that date, that's what I was meaning, i just worded it wrong.

Ah see what you mean. Suppose they have kinda made up for it, 9% rise over 3 years is pretty decent.

I go outside and clap every Thursday for NHS staff because I think they do a wonderful job but i start to think

- they always have done a wonderful job

and

- why am I not clapping for other government staff such as Police who are making arrests with little or no PPE and necessarily make close contact

Not to mention shop workers, binmen, transport employees and hosts of others too numerous to mention who have kept the country going.

On 23/05/2020 at 16:20, Normthebarman said:

I hope they keep it going. I take my bins out at 8pm on a Thursday and I like imagining the applause is just for me. 

I have to say that a few weeks ago,  I stepped out the front door to go for my evening walk at the exact moment folk started clapping. For a brief moment, I expected Eamonn Andrews to step out from the shadows and say "Red Jambo. This is Your Life!". :biggrin:

Ainsley Harriott

Load of shite. If people want to support carers they would be better using the time spent banging pots and pans to write to their msp and put pressure on them getting a pay rise.

I did it the first week because I happened to be outside with my Mrs (an NHS worker) at the time.

To be honest it's always felt a bit cringey and virtue signally.

Seeing news footage of that mop-headed arsehole is standing outside number 10 with an inane grin banging his mitts together like a demented sea lion is enough to gie me the boak. Anyone who voted Tory and joins in with this nonsense is nothing more than a hypocrite.