Title I wont rejoice

John Findlay

20 hours ago, tynewater said:

What title? If we are playing in the championship next season, I wouldn't just assume we'll win it. Turning around the sh!tshow that has been our first team will not be a simple and quick fix. There's an awful lot of hard work to be done before anyone should be talking about titles. 

Good job nobody was talking about it. Since you bring it up though, if a full Championship season goes ahead and we are in it, we will absolutely steamroll it.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

loveofthegame
On 22/05/2020 at 10:14, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

This is where I'm at with this

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

QotS ditching 16 players leaving them with only 3

Next!

They could probably cobble together 16 lads from the local Sunday League teams and give them a run out. Job’s a good un.

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If too many clubs go to the wall, we won’t have a game left.

They should have thought about that 6 weeks ago. 

Admin, liquidation is an option. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Angel eyes

I’m afraid it’s every man, team for themselves this current scenario has shown that up its glorious best understandably the flumps are revelling in our situation are is many others so no f@#k em yes it’s a shame a guy will lose his team but I don’t see anyone feeling sorry for us if Hearts disappear.

Bazzas right boot
On 22/05/2020 at 10:14, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

Most are saying they don't care. 

Not the same as hoping or celebrating(Tbf some say they are) 

I won't celebrate any team going bust but if if they do, they do. 

**** them. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 22/05/2020 at 09:04, John Findlay said:

If certain clubs go to the wall.

I see a certain amount of glee from posters in the COVID 19, Hearts expelled thread, that Quuen of the South are struggling and there is a chance they could fold.

I cant feel happy if Queen of the South go burst. I appreciate and accept that they are one of the 81%, but I personally hope they survive. To me they are not one of the stains of Scottish football.

Why?

On 23/05/2020 at 04:56, Kiwidoug said:

Do you think Ron will bail you out?  Or will it be the Proclaimers?

Please god not a charity record. 

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, neilnunb said:

QotS ditching 16 players leaving them with only 3

Next!

They have a couple of fans funding Stephen Dobbies wages and yet can’t afford to maintain a squad?

Farce of a club. Die. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Why?

Perfectly good question.

I just firmly believe that the vast majority of the clubs were brow beaten I to voting for the original resolution. They were giving a stark choice of it's this or nothing.

With the benefit of hindsight and all that has been revealed we know that it's not the case.

Queen of the south, and clubs of similar size, are not the bad guys of Scottish football, it's mainly the clubs in the SPL and most certainly the two ugly sisters from the west.

I wont rejoice at any club going to the wall, but I wont shed a tear if certain others do.

Peakybunnet

There are two many teams in the Scottish league anyway so hope a few die. Most of them get smaller attendances than the Isthmian league in England but weald to much power over the top clubs. 

For a country of 5 million we only need two leagues, with a relegation into the junior leagues included. 

6 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

There are two many teams in the Scottish league anyway so hope a few die. Most of them get smaller attendances than the Isthmian league in England but weald to much power over the top clubs. 

For a country of 5 million we only need two leagues, with a relegation into the junior leagues included. 

Two 16 team leagues playing each other twice with extended cup competitions would be absolutely fantastic. Shame everybody is, and has been for a long time, so rooted in short term gain that we’ll just be stuck with the same tiny leagues forever. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fozzyonthefence
9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Perfectly good question.

I just firmly believe that the vast majority of the clubs were brow beaten I to voting for the original resolution. They were giving a stark choice of it's this or nothing.

With the benefit of hindsight and all that has been revealed we know that it's not the case.

Queen of the south, and clubs of similar size, are not the bad guys of Scottish football, it's mainly the clubs in the SPL and most certainly the two ugly sisters from the west.

I wont rejoice at any club going to the wall, but I wont shed a tear if certain others do.

These clubs had a chance to right the wrong of the vote at gun point by voting for a much needed independent enquiry.  They chose to sweep it under the carpet instead.  Hell mend them, they’ll get no sympathy from me and that includes QOTS if they voted against the enquiry.

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

These clubs had a chance to right the wrong of the vote at gun point by voting for a much needed independent enquiry.  They chose to sweep it under the carpet instead.  Hell mend them, they’ll get no sympathy from me and that includes QOTS if they voted against the enquiry.

As far as I remember, only one Championship club voted in favour of the enquiry, and I imagine that was ICT.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As far as I remember, only one Championship club voted in favour of the enquiry, and I imagine that was ICT.

I’d imagine so, since Partick voted as a League 1 club.

JimCornette
On 22/05/2020 at 09:07, Marty Byrde said:

As has been the case in this country for a while now, clubs are only interested in themselves (bar a few exceptions) 

:greggy:

Clubs have looked after their own interests since the dawn of time in football and will continue to do so until the end of time. 

Name a club or event at any time in the history of football where a club has been truly altruistic and put it's own interests second. Never happened never will.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

That’s what I recall too, Red.

Just now, Morgan said:

That’s what I recall too, Red.

Unanimous. Passed!

Unless of course you want to withdraw your vote and change it. Can I interest you in some free dancing girls?

55 minutes ago, JimCornette said:

Clubs have looked after their own interests since the dawn of time in football and will continue to do so until the end of time. 

Name a club or event at any time in the history of football where a club has been truly altruistic and put it's own interests second. Never happened never will.

When Hearts refused to stop playing the reincarnated Hibernian, despite the SFA insisting they should not be admitted to the league.

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Unanimous. Passed!

Unless of course you want to withdraw your vote and change it. Can I interest you in some free dancing girls?

No thanks.

Got one of my very own, right here.