Title I wont rejoice

John Findlay

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I'm a bit torn. I was 100% eff them all but I've sat back and realised other than a few exceptions*, it's all the SPFL's fault. I mean, it was they who hid truths and pushed half truths to suit an agenda and the clubs were left with one option and no time to breath (quite intentionally).

What were clubs like QOS to do, really? I get that they COULD have made a stand, but frankly that comes from leadership and the culture is so opposed to that, it simply doesn't seem an option to most.

I'm angry that our members clubs don't have more balls, yes, but to the extent their fans lost them forever?

*Celtic, Hibs, Ross Co (who I previously had some affection for), Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton, Rangers, DUtd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith (as with Ross Co unfortunately, I had a soft spot), Brechin and I'm maybe missing a couple, but these are teams who've behaved poorly and hugely selfishly or pettily. They can rot and we'll be no worse for it.

The 2nd div teams with their cabal of "only 14-14-14" was hugely selfish too.

re the league 2 teams 14-14-14 only option. wasn't it one of their chairmen that came out and said that the premiership was running roughshot over the other teams by trying to dictate any reconstruction. then they put their only option out

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We should reserve our oppoprobium for those clubs who were losing very little or nothing or actively criticised us and the other relegated clubs. For me that includes Hibs, Celtic, Ross Co., Motherwell, St Johnstone, KIlmarnock, Brechin, Elgin, Dunfermilne, Morton, Stenhousemuir and Dundee. I've probably missed a few out. QoS are well down the list.

What title? If we are playing in the championship next season, I wouldn't just assume we'll win it. Turning around the sh!tshow that has been our first team will not be a simple and quick fix. There's an awful lot of hard work to be done before anyone should be talking about titles. 

Seaside jambo

I don’t think I would celebrate if any of these diddy clubs disappeared, 

But they voted that way so they have to except the consequences of their vote ,

as they say in war we except to have casualties, and because of their vote this is war 

Always Hearts- Only Hearts 

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We should reserve our oppoprobium for those clubs who were losing very little or nothing or actively criticised us and the other relegated clubs. For me that includes Hibs, Celtic, Ross Co., Motherwell, St Johnstone, KIlmarnock, Brechin, Elgin, Dunfermilne, Morton, Stenhousemuir and Dundee. I've probably missed a few out. QoS are well down the list.

What did Stenhousemuir say or do? You missed out St Mirren and Raith. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They voted to deliberately harm Hearts financially, while wanting to reap the benefits of our away support. 

No sympathy from me.

Or

They voted to get money they badly needed. 

I'd be Suprised if qos have a personal agenda against Hearts. 

They did, however vote in their own self interest and with that in mind I don't care who goes to the wall. 

Pretty clear it's everyman for themselves and they were part of that culture, make your bed you lie in it. 

Tbh Only ICT can be seen to be acting with indifference, even against themselves 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

I don’t think I would celebrate if any of these diddy clubs disappeared, 

But they voted that way so they have to except the consequences of their vote ,

as they say in war we except to have casualties, and because of their vote this is war 

Always Hearts- Only Hearts 

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, tynewater said:

What title? If we are playing in the championship next season, I wouldn't just assume we'll win it. Turning around the sh!tshow that has been our first team will not be a simple and quick fix. There's an awful lot of hard work to be done before anyone should be talking about titles. 

We'll win it. 👍

Even under CL we put 9 past ICT over 2 games and they were second this year. 

If we keep our spine, we'll batter teams. 

If we don't win it it would actually be worse than getting relegated imo. 

Got a feeling now we'll be in the top league anyway. 

Midloth_Iain
1 hour ago, Brown1982 said:

This whole situation is an absolute travesty.  That’s why we MUST go down the legal route and expose and shed as much light on this corrupt and self serving organisation.  You can totally see that every club in the leagues we’re held to ransom financially and were basically told toe the line and vote this through or else.  Obviously there were clubs sitting in positions that were clearly going to be damaged by the vote but these conniving incompetent clowns in charge knew that there was not enough of us to scupper the vote.  

Obviously they didn’t factor in the whole Dundee situation but anyone who doesn’t think there was coercion and bribery involved in their complete turnaround are kidding themselves.  

Why on earth did it have to be like this???  Also coming up with this incredibly decisive idea then slapping a deadline on it that was only a day or two???  Am I summing this up right???  Absolutely unreal.

So it’s no surprise at all that the vast majority of these clubs only thought about themselves and toed the line and voted it all through.  Personally I’m at the stage where our club could be seriously damaged and curtailed for years to come. I somehow think we will be fine though with the way we are set up and the fans will do what we always do and rally round and ensure our clubs survival.  Other clubs that are ran by businessmen looking for a profit and return on investment good luck to you by the way.  

To cut a long story short my anger and frustrations are firmly directed at those who are meant to be in charge and those who concocted this whole situation and then stood back and watched it all unfold. It really really didn’t have to be like this.  They had the once in a lifetime situation to take their time and consult each and every club and open up a dialogue that could have seen massive improvements to the whole structure of the game in Scotland whilst at the same time promoting unity and compassion but instead they chose to completely go the opposite way.  How on earth these people are allowed to be in charge of the game up here is incredible.

What would be really bad for me is they get exactly what they want.  They manage to deflect the real anger and real outrage at the whole situation away from themselves and let fans and clubs instead turn on each other.  That’s exactly the situation they have created so it only makes sense that that’s what they were hoping to I achieve.  Let’s not give them what they want.  It totally deflects from them and their shortcomings in the overseeing of being supposed protectors and custodians of our game.  

100% though I am all for ensuring the survival of our club no matter what and if anything this should galvanise the supporters of HMFC to ensure we not only survive but come out of this stronger if at all possible than we were before DESPITE any set of circumstances that are forced upon us.  This is the backs to the wall position we have been forced into so that is the only way we can now respond.  

It’s a shame to say it and as I said it really shouldn’t be like this we have missed an amazing opportunity here but it’s now up to each and every other club to try and ensure their own survival.  It’s now an every man for himself situation which should never have been the case.  

Well summarised 👍

Don't want to see any club fold. Very much doubt when votes were cast that Hearts were anywhere near the top of their lists for doing so (maybe Hibs being the exception).

SPFL are the ones who need to be brought to task.

John Findlay
56 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've been reading more than posting lately John, and I'm with you on what you say above. Other clubs voted based on what they believed was best for their club, based on the criteria laid out to them. They didn't determine what was put in front of them, but they did act on that. There was a thread on here fairly recently where everyone was saying they would be happy if another club had left the Premier league and not us, i.e. HMFC fans giving their views as such an outcome would benefit HMFC. We, HMFC, voted no in April to try and benefit HMFC, not other clubs, it is the way of the world.

The root cause is those who control our game, the SPFL, and the support/pressure they received from clearly one club in particular, Glasgow Celtic. That is where the anger of fans should be aimed, the SPFL and clubs like Celtic.

And it is why I'm happy to see this all end up in court, because the target of court action would be the SPFL, and anything which rids us of some of those parasites should be supported.

PJ. I agree with you.

doctor jambo

I feel for the fans of the clubs.

They are like us, and, like us, probably feel that the hierarchy of their clubs do not represent them very well at all.

However, if you attack someone, there is always a chance they will give you a hiding, and a well deserved one at that.

If any of the clubs go out of existence, they need to look to their own failings in this matter, and not any actions taken by Hearts

1 hour ago, Brown1982 said:

Why on earth did it have to be like this???

I’ll tell you why. It had to be like this, because the one and only priority of the SPFL Board from the very outset, was to protect Celtic’s interests. They did not give a flying **** about anything else. To that end, they quickly drafted a resolution that would ensure Celtic were crowned Champions. They tied the TV money payouts to the resolution in order to ensure it went that way, and they even rigged the vote by nobbling Dundee and lying to Aberdeen. No thought was given to anything else, and in their haste to protect Celtic, they over looked all the other things that should have been tied in to the resolution, such as no relegation.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They are like us, and, like us, probably feel that the hierarchy of their clubs do not represent them very well at all.

However, if you attack someone, there is always a chance they will give you a hiding, and a well deserved one at that.

If any of the clubs go out of existence, they need to look to their own failings in this matter, and not any actions taken by Hearts

Whilst this is true of some of the supporters, there are plenty that are/were very quick to rejoice and gloat at what happened to us. I’ve been snooping on a few fans’ forums and reading the tweets of the fans of other clubs throughout this, and many of them would happily see us ****ed.

19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Perhaps there is an argument that the fans of these clubs need to look at following FOH path and creating a fans group to own shares enough to have a representative on the board. Gives fans a voice and the owner retains control. 

If you don't respect your customers you're doomed. Hence why Scottish football is in the toilet. 

Hearts1975

Couldn’t give 2 hoots if they fold or not ... I care for Hearts and as QOS were in real trouble of being relegated they voted to save their own skin so therefore if they are in trouble but have no morals then it means jack shit to me 

I really do not care a jot about any of the other clubs apart from a small few. That’s one thing the recent past has taught me 

Hibs voted no, this action caused them to drop from 6th to 7th and lose over £100k in prize money for one reason, and one reason only, unless someone can provide me with another.
Utter welts. 
Our time will come.

Edited by sac
Spelling

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The lifeboat they put themselves in whilst leaving us/Partick and Stranraer on a sinking ship has turned out to be a collander.

To hell with the lot of them

Tremendous analogy !!!

Does anyone have any idea how many clubs are in danger of folding over the next few months, will the powers that be do a 'Boris' and find a 'magic money tree' to help keep afloat certain clubs who are always willing to kowtow to their weegie masters, I wonder how many clubs will consider amalgamating in order to survive, eg, Dundee/Dundee United?

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’ll tell you why. It had to be like this, because the one and only priority of the SPFL Board from the very outset, was to protect Celtic’s interests. They did not give a flying **** about anything else. To that end, they quickly drafted a resolution that would ensure Celtic were crowned Champions. They tied the TV money payouts to the resolution in order to ensure it went that way, and they even rigged the vote by nobbling Dundee and lying to Aberdeen. No thought was given to anything else, and in their haste to protect Celtic, they over looked all the other things that should have been tied in to the resolution, such as no relegation.

In a nutshell.

The interests of a few were prioritised over the interests of all clubs at a time when an epidemic threatened the existence of many.

4 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Does anyone have any idea how many clubs are in danger of folding over the next few months, will the powers that be do a 'Boris' and find a 'magic money tree' to help keep afloat certain clubs who are always willing to kowtow to their weegie masters, I wonder how many clubs will consider amalgamating in order to survive, eg, Dundee/Dundee United?

It would be a much shorter list if you named the clubs that are NOT in danger. Less than 10 I’d say.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In a nutshell.

The interests of a few were prioritised over the interests of all clubs at a time when an epidemic threatened the existence of many.

It’s even more outrageous than that mate. They prioritised the interests of the few over the viability and protection of the many. An act that cannot be allowed to go unaddressed.

braveheart
4 hours ago, oi oi said:

Such bitterness on here. How can anyone want a club such as QotS to fold? Pathetic scummy behaviour. 

Staying in this neck of the woods I have quite a few queen's fans on my Facebook and not one of them has given a flying duck about the plight of any of the club's expelled.they go along with everything their board says.the same board who were in charge when most other clubs voted to put sevco in division 3 they didn't.was looking forward to a couple of "home" games this season but now I hope they end up in the new west of Scotland league .😡

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It would be a much shorter list if you named the clubs that are NOT in danger. Less than 10 I’d say.

Perhaps if only say 8 teams in top league survive this disaster, wouldn't it be nice to see Doncaster and his cronies come cap in hand to Mrs Budge saying, 'We're awfy sorry, we didnae really want to expel you, gonnay come back intae the fold, nae hard feelin's'.

jambo-in-furness
16 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Perhaps if only say 8 teams in top league survive this disaster, wouldn't it be nice to see Doncaster and his cronies come cap in hand to Mrs Budge saying, 'We're awfy sorry, we didnae really want to expel you, gonnay come back intae the fold, nae hard feelin's'.

and our answer would be ———-aye ok,  as long as we keep the compensation money.

A lot of their owners/chairmen are dicks but the clubs themselves have a lot of history and fans who they mean the world to (albeit only a handful in some cases). I wouldn't like to see clubs like Dunfermline go to the wall.

Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton can get wrecked though and some serious turmoil for Hibs and Aberdeen wouldn't go a miss.

I’ve never really been one to see clubs go under. What’s the point?

Clubs exist to give us the game and competition we love.

What I won’t mind is seeing them suffering financially and being stunted just short of going out the game. Enough to stay afloat.  No Hearts fans going to their grounds. ....I currently feel strongly about that.

Its time we just f**ked everyone else, esp the SPFL.

132goals1958
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A lot of their owners/chairmen are dicks but the clubs themselves have a lot of history and fans who they mean the world to (albeit only a handful in some cases). I wouldn't like to see clubs like Dunfermline go to the wall.

Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton can get wrecked though and some serious turmoil for Hibs and Aberdeen wouldn't go a miss.

Yes and those fans are to be admired and encouraged  for supporting their local team and not jumping on the bigot bandwagon or glory hunting which is the root cause of the game in this country. Sadly a cultural malaise that we will never get rid off. 

Sympathetic to their fans. However it's the kick up the arse that Scottish football has needed for the last 60 years. 

Hopefully we can see some proper change and someone else properly challenge (by that I mean win) for the top prize regularly.

**** them and anyone else that voted to expel us. I cannot wait to celebrate the death of at least 10 clubs. 

Byyy The Light

Have been in the - too many clubs in Scottish football - camp for years now.  It's looking like this whole debacle may well be speeding up the process of change that has been needed for a long time.  Amateur status awaits a few that's for sure, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hopefully Hearts are still here on the other side.  

SpruceBringsteen

Read the Daily Record tweet about 6 Premiership clubs going to the wall and punched the air. **** them all with the power of a thousand suns. :cool:

**** every team that shat on us and others. 
 I sincerely hope we boycott every game against them at their shite-hole 🖕🏻

26 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Read the Daily Record tweet about 6 Premiership clubs going to the wall and punched the air. **** them all with the power of a thousand suns. :cool:

Indeed. I would bend over backwards for ICT,Partick, Stranraer, Edinburgh City and every other club that voted correctly and with integrity. 
The rest of them can bite my last shite 🖕🏻

Edited by iantjambo

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Indeed. I would bend over backwards for ICT,Partick, Stranraer, Edinburgh City and every other club that voted correctly and with integrity. 
The rest of them can bite my last shite 🖕🏻

My goodness, you're either all in or nothing. :D

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If too many clubs go to the wall, we won’t have a game left.

They can restart as newcos. No biggie.

SpruceBringsteen
43 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They can restart as newcos. No biggie.

After following the correct process and starting from the very bottom of the pyramid. :cool:

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If too many clubs go to the wall, we won’t have a game left.

As long as there’s 18 or so teams left we’ve got a league. Knowing the spfl they’d organise it into 3 league of 6 teams with a split after everyone had played each other 6 times. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That's a promising start.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

My goodness, you're either all in or nothing. :D

As the actress said to the Bishop.

Borders Jambo
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Can you state who the six clubs are? I really don't want to go anywhere near the DR website or tweet.

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Can you state who the six clubs are? I really don't want to go anywhere near the DR website or tweet.

I didn't click the link either, but I'd assume both Saints, Hamilton and County are four of them. Kilmarnock never seem far away from turning their toes up either.

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I didn't click the link either, but I'd assume both Saints, Hamilton and County are four of them. Kilmarnock never seem far away from turning their toes up either.

I’ll do the dirty work. It’s the opinion of an insolvency practioner estimating that half the clubs would be ****ed due to HMRC debts needing to be paid (along with footballing debts) before a CVA can be agreed. 

I’m going to have to start downing the zinc pills for all these wanks I’m going to be enjoying! ****. Them. All. 

Borders Jambo
5 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Thanks, I wondered if one of the 6 could be the vermin.

I certainly would not shed any tears for them given the vindictiveness of their recent actions.

They may protest, but they really haven't ever got over 2012.

Borders Jambo
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I’ll do the dirty work. It’s the opinion of an insolvency practioner estimating that half the clubs would be ****ed due to HMRC debts needing to be paid (along with footballing debts) before a CVA can be agreed. 

I’m going to have to start downing the zinc pills for all these wanks I’m going to be enjoying! ****. Them. All. 

Thanks and agreed.

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, Eno said:

I'm sure I remember QoS being one of the teams who helped us in our hour of need. Seem to recall something their fans done (a collection of some kind) with a large visiting support of over half of the Roseburn at Tynecastle.

I think that was Inverness.

When we were in administration and trying to save the club before Ann Budge took control we never played QOTS in the league.

We might have played them in a cup but I don't remember their fans helping us out. Happy to be corrected though. 

Edited by queensferryjambo

2 hours ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

Given we have been unfairly expunged to the lower leagues, we need to make sure HMFC survives!!!! Who cares about these other clubs?! After all, which one of them can say they have won a world war!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think Ron will bail you out?  Or will it be the Proclaimers?