Title I wont rejoice

John Findlay

Blackford Hearts
29 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

100% agree

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They dont need to - they should have voted for the well being of EVERY CLUB- they did not.

THey voted to destroy several other clubs to save themselves.

The lifeboat they put themselves in whilst leaving us/Partick and Stranraer on a sinking ship has turned out to be a collander.

To hell with the lot of them

No, like everyone else, they voted for the well being of their own club.  Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.  Dundee, Hibs, Aberdeen I can see why there’s so much anger towards them and I completely agree, but when clubs like Ayr, who voted to finish the season in the league below when in a playoff position voted that way for financial reasons being a part team club then of course the other part time clubs are going to also. 

Ainsley Harriott

I just cant wait until Peruvian Ron decides having a football of sorts is a mistake in the current climate. Lockend Lidl here it comes. Jelly and icecream that day.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spend the hundreds of pounds you would spend on transport to Dumfries and away tickets on increased Foundation of Hearts pledges folks. HeartsTV should show all our away games live inside the 1874 bar, or screens in the Gorgie suite, we should make that our new "away day" where all the money goes into the coffers of our club. **** shite bag clubs like QoS 

Yes I can see shite clubs like QoS agreeing to broadcast games live back to Gorgie free of charge because the support wishes to boycott :lol: 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They voted to deliberately harm Hearts financially, while wanting to reap the benefits of our away support. 

No sympathy from me.

Exactly happy to shaft us.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

I just cant wait until Peruvian Ron decides having a football of sorts is a mistake in the current climate. Lockend Lidl here it comes. Jelly and icecream that day.

Sounds delightful. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I get the OP.

Rejoice no, care a jot, no, not that either. There was no thought for other clubs other than themselves, this is everyones lot, and if you cant survive it, then that is how the cookie crumbles. 

Plenty of private small businesses, dreams and hopes will perish, these clubs will come back again, like the small businesses, they will just have to start from scratch.

I'm a bit torn. I was 100% eff them all but I've sat back and realised other than a few exceptions*, it's all the SPFL's fault. I mean, it was they who hid truths and pushed half truths to suit an agenda and the clubs were left with one option and no time to breath (quite intentionally).

What were clubs like QOS to do, really? I get that they COULD have made a stand, but frankly that comes from leadership and the culture is so opposed to that, it simply doesn't seem an option to most.

I'm angry that our members clubs don't have more balls, yes, but to the extent their fans lost them forever?

*Celtic, Hibs, Ross Co (who I previously had some affection for), Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton, Rangers, DUtd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith (as with Ross Co unfortunately, I had a soft spot), Brechin and I'm maybe missing a couple, but these are teams who've behaved poorly and hugely selfishly or pettily. They can rot and we'll be no worse for it.

The 2nd div teams with their cabal of "only 14-14-14" was hugely selfish too.

Edited by TheBigO

Ibrahim Tall

Don’t care anymore tbh, won’t ‘rejoice’ but a lot of my sympathy for the rest of Scottish football has disappeared. Formerly if have been the type to hope any non-OF club did well in Europe, to support more ‘equal’ sharing of tv deals etc and to hope no club went to the wall etc. Scottish football can go **** itself now though. From the majority finding it hilarious when we went into admin to supporting our nonsense relegation to help themselves. Couldn’t give a toss what happens to any other club now. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I’ll celebrate twice as much if they die to make up for the O.P.

:greggy:

:laugh:

David McCaig
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I didn’t say we should, I’m hardly full of hate for a club who have admitted they haven’t much money voting to end their season to minimise running costs and get money they are so though.

Why would they vote it down when it was financially hurting them?  Every club has been looking out for the best interests of themselves, especially clubs in financial trouble.  You think they should have crippled themselves further through integrity? Back in the real world Partick would have done the same as Queens or any other team in that position, as would Inverness if reconstruction wasn’t assisting them in reaching the Premiership. 

Voting no would have meant short term discomfort for QOTS... voting yes meant potentially signing Partick’s death warrant.

At some point clubs need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Ultimately QOTS voted for their own interests which is their right, but to then turn around and beg for tax payers money is taking the piss.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If certain clubs go to the wall.

I see a certain amount of glee from posters in the COVID 19, Hearts expelled thread, that Quuen of the South are struggling and there is a chance they could fold.

I cant feel happy if Queen of the South go burst. I appreciate and accept that they are one of the 81%, but I personally hope they survive. To me they are not one of the stains of Scottish football.

Had a look on their forum. Four men and a dog, a Hibs fan and a Rangers fan. Odd place. Not much sympathy for us on there, and a definite hint of glee that we are being expelled.

I respect your opinion on this, but I disagree. They voted for us to be expelled, and now they are whining about not being able to afford to play the season in the division they have dragged us in to. Tough titties, and F-them.

Nookie Bear

This is the thing - for some reason, we are hated in Scottish football (and this was before this nonsense) and we are certainly nobodies favourite second team. It is about time we started giving these people a REAL reason to dislike us.

Do i want QotS to fold? Not particularly fussed anymore.

Will i have sympathy for their fans? **** no.

They can start again like other clubs had to.

Incidentlly, the boycott is partly to make a point to any club that thought having us in their division guaranteed easy money, but also to allow fans to donate to Hearts instead of putting money into the away games. We need it more.

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'm a bit torn. I was 100% eff them all but I've sat back and realised other than a few exceptions*, it's all the SPFL's fault. I mean, it was they who hid truths and pushed half truths to suit an agenda and the clubs were left with one option and no time to breath (quite intentionally).

What were clubs like QOS to do, really? I get that they COULD have made a stand, but frankly that comes from leadership and the culture is so opposed to that, it simply doesn't seem an option to most.

I'm angry that our members clubs don't have more balls, yes, but to the extent their fans lost them forever?

*Celtic, Hibs, Ross Co (who I previously had some affection for), Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton, Rangers, DUtd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith (as with Ross Co unfortunately, I had a soft spot), Brechin and I'm maybe missing a couple, but these are teams who've behaved poorly and hugely selfishly or pettily. They can rot and we'll be no worse for it.

Why didn’t they vote for an enquiry into the fiasco then?

Nookie Bear

Do QotS have any decent players we can pilfer on the cheap?

Is Dobbie too old to be an option from the bench?

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Why didn’t they vote for an enquiry into the fiasco then?

I know. This is why I'm torn!!

Stewie Griffin
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They voted to deliberately harm Hearts financially, while wanting to reap the benefits of our away support. 

No sympathy from me.

100% this couldn’t care less if they fold or not and that goes for every other club that voted to accept the SPFL proposal.

46 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spend the hundreds of pounds you would spend on transport to Dumfries and away tickets on increased Foundation of Hearts pledges folks. HeartsTV should show all our away games live inside the 1874 bar, or screens in the Gorgie suite, we should make that our new "away day" where all the money goes into the coffers of our club. **** shite bag clubs like QoS 

While I feel sorry for fans of clubs faced with extinction I agree with the gist of this post. 

We can look after ourselves without being so bitter though. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

They had about 3 top sections for a LC tie but less than 2 in the Championship games.

I think we more than made up for it with the thousands that filled their away end during both games in the Championship though.

Good luck to them if they think they'll be getting the same this time around.

Yeah. Sure it was the cup game I'm thinking of.

As you say, should be nowhere near the away support of the championship year if they're still around.

**** all 34 of them. They were quite happy  for us to potentially go bust by their voting for us to be expelled. Hopefully karma cuts their balls off. And I’ll have a drink and a wank to celebrate every one that goes bust. 

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is the thing - for some reason, we are hated in Scottish football (and this was before this nonsense) and we are certainly nobodies favourite second team. It is about time we started giving these people a REAL reason to dislike us.

Do i want QotS to fold? Not particularly fussed anymore.

Will i have sympathy for their fans? **** no.

They can start again like other clubs had to.

Incidentlly, the boycott is partly to make a point to any club that thought having us in their division guaranteed easy money, but also to allow fans to donate to Hearts instead of putting money into the away games. We need it more.

Agreed. I think the way we are viewed in Scottish football is mainly down to the media, and how stupid your average Scottish football fan is. We are the go to club for the media to attack because they are too shit scared to criticise Celtic and Rangers, so they savage us with gusto. Your average thicko from Fife, Dundee or Dumfries picks up the Record or the Sun and just nods along like a puppet.

I’ve been quite interested in reading the views of supporters of other clubs recently, to see what the general consensus is amongst their supports. QotS, Dundee, Raith supporters... almost all of them taking some kind of weird pleasure in us taking a shafting. These are not clubs that we have any particular rivalry with, but they all seem to think we somehow deserve what is happening to us.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

Why? 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I see a certain amount of glee from posters in the COVID 19, Hearts expelled thread, that Quuen of the South are struggling and there is a chance they could fold.

I cant feel happy if Queen of the South go burst. I appreciate and accept that they are one of the 81%, but I personally hope they survive. To me they are not one of the stains of Scottish football.

QOS have been around the leagues a long time. They are based in a rural area and would be a loss. 
I have a long held grudge against the SFA dating back to 60’s. Gala Fairydean should have been admitted to leagues at that time. Clubs in Central belt ensured they were rejected as it was too far to travel. Football could have developed and competed with rugby for the best talent. Bobby Kirk was involved and created a good side and their facilities were good.

Now there is a preference for more central belt and highland league sides whilst borders have been shafted by SRU and a chance missed.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If there is reconstruction we can perhaps adopt or readopt your position @John Findlay. Until then I will remain in hate more to pretty much all other clubs. Until March bar Rangers and Celtic I would lament a club going to the wall.

Nookie Bear

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agreed. I think the way we are viewed in Scottish football is mainly down to the media, and how stupid your average Scottish football fan is. We are the go to club for the media to attack because they are too shit scared to criticise Celtic and Rangers, so they savage us with gusto. Your average thicko from Fife, Dundee or Dumfries picks up the Record or the Sun and just nods along like a puppet.

I’ve been quite interested in reading the views of supporters of other clubs recently, to see what the general consensus is amongst their supports. QotS, Dundee, Raith supporters... almost all of them taking some kind of weird pleasure in us taking a shafting. These are not clubs that we have any particular rivalry with, but they all seem to think we somehow deserve what is happening to us.

I will guarantee there are fans of those clubs worrying right now about how they are going to with "big, physical, Hearts"

I don't actually expect other fans to feel sympathy for us - it's tribal, after all, and the internet is not usually the home of balanced thought - but it's the owners and managers of other clubs who feel they can just take the **** out of us in public that bugs me.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

QOS have been around the leagues a long time. They are based in a rural area and would be a loss. 
I have a long held grudge against the SFA dating back to 60’s. Gala Fairydean should have been admitted to leagues at that time. Clubs in Central belt ensured they were rejected as it was too far to travel. Football could have developed and competed with rugby for the best talent. Bobby Kirk was involved and created a good side and their facilities were good.

Now there is a preference for more central belt and highland league sides whilst borders have been shafted by SRU and a chance missed.

I had a check and couldn't believe how low their average home crowd is: 1600.

And take away games v Ayr and Dundee Utd, it would be closer to 1000.

52 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Voting no would have meant short term discomfort for QOTS... voting yes meant potentially signing Partick’s death warrant.

At some point clubs need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Ultimately QOTS voted for their own interests which is their right, but to then turn around and beg for tax payers money is taking the piss.

QOS voted exactly the same way as every other club. Bar none.  In their own interests.  Short term discomfort?  They are still struggling evidently so it’s hardly short term and like I said swap Partick and QoS positions and it would have been like for like.

1 hour ago, a11ank said:

Tough one for me.  My other team, but only because I was in Dumfries for my school years and went to Palmerston just to get a game in.

For obvious reasons I always have a great trip back down there whenever we play them!

I really wish it wasn't them but there you are.  I really hope a few premier teams are in the same or a worse state

Same for me. 

Lived there as a kid (1979 - 1987). Used to go to Palmerston from time to time with my dad. Drove up to Tynecastle plenty as well, mind.

Nothing but great memories and feelings for the place. 

However, what can I say, the whole of Scottish football seen this coming, but they only wanted the instant readies - like a gambling addict standing outside a bookmakers.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

I agree with the OP. Certain clubs would give me great delight, but QoTS aren't one of them.

I highly doubt their rationale behind their vote had anything to do with Heart of Midlothian. I'm sure there were a few clubs, of which it was personal on some level, but most of the clubs did what they feel they had to do.

I don't necessarily blame a lot of the clubs in question, rather the powers that be for jumping 2 footed into such a decision so early, having too many club directors with self interest on the board allowing them to influence clubs, having a shambolic voting process, and constantly trying to put the shiters up clubs by telling them that they will struggle financially if they don't do what they want them to do. 

Their rationale was that they hadn't won a game in 2020 and were only 2 points ahead of a Partick side who had a game in hand so voted to save their skins whilst fully in the knowledge that it would harm us, Partick and Stranraer

Zero sympathy

Would they care if Hearts went bust right now after they voted to expel us? Doubt it. They'd maybe have 'some sympathy' but it would be 'our own fault, not good enough for so long, blah blah'.

While it is sad to see Scottish football so rotten publicly, maybe some clubs have to go to the brink to be reborn and see the light for better governance of our game.

The status quo is badly broken and every process involving the SPFL since lockdown has been full of public conspiracy. Yet these clubs, the ones on the brink, are voting for the status quo. They are blindly voting for their own demise.

jambo-in-furness

Me!  Bitter and twisted?

You bet I am,  the more we hurt/destroy other clubs by taking them down the legal road,  the better.

Live by the sword,  die by the sword.

Rick Sanchez
33 minutes ago, Zico said:

**** all 34 of them. They were quite happy  for us to potentially go bust by their voting for us to be expelled. Hopefully karma cuts their balls off. And I’ll have a drink and a wank to celebrate every one that goes bust. 

IdleLegitimateFlyingfish-small.gif.4e3aff0f81d521a6c0d3b2deae2665c0.gif

This whole situation is an absolute travesty.  That’s why we MUST go down the legal route and expose and shed as much light on this corrupt and self serving organisation.  You can totally see that every club in the leagues we’re held to ransom financially and were basically told toe the line and vote this through or else.  Obviously there were clubs sitting in positions that were clearly going to be damaged by the vote but these conniving incompetent clowns in charge knew that there was not enough of us to scupper the vote.  

Obviously they didn’t factor in the whole Dundee situation but anyone who doesn’t think there was coercion and bribery involved in their complete turnaround are kidding themselves.  

Why on earth did it have to be like this???  Also coming up with this incredibly decisive idea then slapping a deadline on it that was only a day or two???  Am I summing this up right???  Absolutely unreal.

So it’s no surprise at all that the vast majority of these clubs only thought about themselves and toed the line and voted it all through.  Personally I’m at the stage where our club could be seriously damaged and curtailed for years to come. I somehow think we will be fine though with the way we are set up and the fans will do what we always do and rally round and ensure our clubs survival.  Other clubs that are ran by businessmen looking for a profit and return on investment good luck to you by the way.  

To cut a long story short my anger and frustrations are firmly directed at those who are meant to be in charge and those who concocted this whole situation and then stood back and watched it all unfold. It really really didn’t have to be like this.  They had the once in a lifetime situation to take their time and consult each and every club and open up a dialogue that could have seen massive improvements to the whole structure of the game in Scotland whilst at the same time promoting unity and compassion but instead they chose to completely go the opposite way.  How on earth these people are allowed to be in charge of the game up here is incredible.

What would be really bad for me is they get exactly what they want.  They manage to deflect the real anger and real outrage at the whole situation away from themselves and let fans and clubs instead turn on each other.  That’s exactly the situation they have created so it only makes sense that that’s what they were hoping to I achieve.  Let’s not give them what they want.  It totally deflects from them and their shortcomings in the overseeing of being supposed protectors and custodians of our game.  

100% though I am all for ensuring the survival of our club no matter what and if anything this should galvanise the supporters of HMFC to ensure we not only survive but come out of this stronger if at all possible than we were before DESPITE any set of circumstances that are forced upon us.  This is the backs to the wall position we have been forced into so that is the only way we can now respond.  

It’s a shame to say it and as I said it really shouldn’t be like this we have missed an amazing opportunity here but it’s now up to each and every other club to try and ensure their own survival.  It’s now an every man for himself situation which should never have been the case.  

I won’t rejoice at (most) clubs going bust. Mainly due to normal people losing their jobs as a result. But I won’t bat an eye lid either. 

No matter what spin others put on it, we have been f**ked over and we won’t forget it. 

Craig Herbertson
5 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

This whole situation is an absolute travesty.  That’s why we MUST go down the legal route and expose and shed as much light on this corrupt and self serving organisation.  You can totally see that every club in the leagues we’re held to ransom financially and were basically told toe the line and vote this through or else.  Obviously there were clubs sitting in positions that were clearly going to be damaged by the vote but these conniving incompetent clowns in charge knew that there was not enough of us to scupper the vote.  

Obviously they didn’t factor in the whole Dundee situation but anyone who doesn’t think there was coercion and bribery involved in their complete turnaround are kidding themselves.  

Why on earth did it have to be like this???  Also coming up with this incredibly decisive idea then slapping a deadline on it that was only a day or two???  Am I summing this up right???  Absolutely unreal.

So it’s no surprise at all that the vast majority of these clubs only thought about themselves and toed the line and voted it all through.  Personally I’m at the stage where our club could be seriously damaged and curtailed for years to come. I somehow think we will be fine though with the way we are set up and the fans will do what we always do and rally round and ensure our clubs survival.  Other clubs that are ran by businessmen looking for a profit and return on investment good luck to you by the way.  

To cut a long story short my anger and frustrations are firmly directed at those who are meant to be in charge and those who concocted this whole situation and then stood back and watched it all unfold. It really really didn’t have to be like this.  They had the once in a lifetime situation to take their time and consult each and every club and open up a dialogue that could have seen massive improvements to the whole structure of the game in Scotland whilst at the same time promoting unity and compassion but instead they chose to completely go the opposite way.  How on earth these people are allowed to be in charge of the game up here is incredible.

What would be really bad for me is they get exactly what they want.  They manage to deflect the real anger and real outrage at the whole situation away from themselves and let fans and clubs instead turn on each other.  That’s exactly the situation they have created so it only makes sense that that’s what they were hoping to I achieve.  Let’s not give them what they want.  It totally deflects from them and their shortcomings in the overseeing of being supposed protectors and custodians of our game.  

100% though I am all for ensuring the survival of our club no matter what and if anything this should galvanise the supporters of HMFC to ensure we not only survive but come out of this stronger if at all possible than we were before DESPITE any set of circumstances that are forced upon us.  This is the backs to the wall position we have been forced into so that is the only way we can now respond.  

It’s a shame to say it and as I said it really shouldn’t be like this we have missed an amazing opportunity here but it’s now up to each and every other club to try and ensure their own survival.  It’s now an every man for himself situation which should never have been the case.  

Great post.

Look ! Most of these clubs are taking a great deal of pleasure at our demise, aided by our national press I may add, do you think they would give a shiny shite if we died? No , the majority proved they wouldn’t, they all had an olive branch handed out to them by our chairman in the form of reconstruction and are getting ANOTHER chance to do so again! How many times are we expected to turn the other cheek? 
I wouldn’t even look at the article reporting any of these clubs extinction, just observe the headline and move on.

Edited by jamboozy

Back to 2005

Sympathy for our situation is in short supply from supporters of other clubs which is just fine. But that works two ways. 

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

FECK THEM ALL!!

Bitter? You feckin bet!

31 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Me!  Bitter and twisted?

You bet I am,  the more we hurt/destroy other clubs by taking them down the legal road,  the better.

Live by the sword,  die by the sword.

I’m with you brother! ✊🏼

Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South.

Its poetry in a way that fixture.

That's what we will lose .

Those that run the game should hang their heads .

I hope Queens survive.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I've been reading more than posting lately John, and I'm with you on what you say above. Other clubs voted based on what they believed was best for their club, based on the criteria laid out to them. They didn't determine what was put in front of them, but they did act on that. There was a thread on here fairly recently where everyone was saying they would be happy if another club had left the Premier league and not us, i.e. HMFC fans giving their views as such an outcome would benefit HMFC. We, HMFC, voted no in April to try and benefit HMFC, not other clubs, it is the way of the world.

The root cause is those who control our game, the SPFL, and the support/pressure they received from clearly one club in particular, Glasgow Celtic. That is where the anger of fans should be aimed, the SPFL and clubs like Celtic.

And it is why I'm happy to see this all end up in court, because the target of court action would be the SPFL, and anything which rids us of some of those parasites should be supported.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

How many of those teams have representation on any of these blazertastic committees?