Title I wont rejoice

John Findlay

John Findlay

If certain clubs go to the wall.

I see a certain amount of glee from posters in the COVID 19, Hearts expelled thread, that Quuen of the South are struggling and there is a chance they could fold.

I cant feel happy if Queen of the South go burst. I appreciate and accept that they are one of the 81%, but I personally hope they survive. To me they are not one of the stains of Scottish football.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OmiyaHearts

They voted to deliberately harm Hearts financially, while wanting to reap the benefits of our away support. 

No sympathy from me.

Marty Byrde

As has been the case in this country for a while now, clubs are only interested in themselves (bar a few exceptions) and indifferent to our own fortunes so I'll find it hard to give a **** about any falling by the wayside.

:greggy:

they voted to save themselves at the expense of partick and now they are trying to get sympathy claiming financial hardship. maye they should have thought about others before now so stuff them

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They voted to deliberately harm Hearts financially, while wanting to reap the benefits of our away support. 

No sympathy from me.

Always a tragedy for supporters when this happens. QoS are a long established club and I have enjoyed quite a few great encounters with them over the years. Their supporters should be asking serious questions of those who run the club given their decision at the vote.  This could be the first of quite a few. I heard a story yesterday to the effect that one fairly prominent club in the premiership is having serious cash flow problems. 

I'm sure I remember QoS being one of the teams who helped us in our hour of need. Seem to recall something their fans done (a collection of some kind) with a large visiting support of over half of the Roseburn at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

No sympathy from me.

I'm not sure any of the championship clubs voted the way they did for the reason you gave IMO. I'm sure they would see us bring in their league as a financial boost and more of a bonus. I suspect the real reason they voted in they way they did was due to a proverbial gun being held to their head. Vote to end the season now and get prize money due for league positions paid. Dont vote now and get nowt until whenever its resolved. That delay would likely have finished off a lot of these clubs who clearly desperately needed the money right now. I dont agree with how it's been done and wouldnt agree regardless if hearts were bottom or not. I dont mind QOS, always admired their ability to compete and been unfortunate a few times to not get in the premiership. Ttheyve got a decent core fan base and wouldnt be out of place. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they voted to save themselves at the expense of partick and now they are trying to get sympathy claiming financial hardship. maye they should have thought about others before now so stuff them

In my view the vast majority of teams were coerced into the vote by those who proposed it.  The handling of the situation is the point of contention.  Anyone with a brain cell could predict that clubs were going to struggle, and that a divisive vote to punish a few teams unfairly was the most ridiculous thing to be done.

GTF self interest!  This is what's got us here in the first place

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

In my view the vast majority of teams were coerced into the vote by those who proposed it.  The handling of the situation is the point of contention.  Anyone with a brain cell could predict that clubs were going to struggle, and that a divisive vote to punish a few teams unfairly was the most ridiculous thing to be done.

GTF self interest!  This is what's got us here in the first place

you give them far too much credit, every team who voted yes was happy to drive a knife into our back.

no tears from me - quote the opposite

ONLY HEARTS HHGH

Cambo_Jambo

I've always been fairly philosophical about supporting the clubs further down the leagues. We're all part of the same structure. Happy for us to give away some of our income to support the 'rich tapestry' of Scottish football.

Now though, **** 'em. To the wall.

OmiyaHearts
12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Always a tragedy for supporters when this happens. QoS are a long established club and I have enjoyed quite a few great encounters with them over the years. Their supporters should be asking serious questions of those who run the club given their decision at the vote.  This could be the first of quite a few. I heard a story yesterday to the effect that one fairly prominent club in the premiership is having serious cash flow problems. 

I'm still feeling quite angry and cynical about it all at the moment. Maybe I'll look back and see things differently but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for clubs who have shafted our club.

9 minutes ago, Eno said:

I'm sure I remember QoS being one of the teams who helped us in our hour of need. Seem to recall something their fans done (a collection of some kind) with a large visiting support of over half of the Roseburn at Tynecastle.

They had about 3 top sections for a LC tie but less than 2 in the Championship games.

I think we more than made up for it with the thousands that filled their away end during both games in the Championship though.

Good luck to them if they think they'll be getting the same this time around.

I have always had a soft spot for QOS due to my wife's family coming from Dumfries.  Also they suffer from the dreaded west coast disease of more Celtic and Rangers fans in town than the local club.  However on this occasion they have got it wrong and I find it difficult to have any sympathy.  It makes you wonder where the money has gone in the club, over recent years they have had Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Dundee Utd in the championship.

Rick James

I agree with the OP. Certain clubs would give me great delight, but QoTS aren't one of them.

I highly doubt their rationale behind their vote had anything to do with Heart of Midlothian. I'm sure there were a few clubs, of which it was personal on some level, but most of the clubs did what they feel they had to do.

I don't necessarily blame a lot of the clubs in question, rather the powers that be for jumping 2 footed into such a decision so early, having too many club directors with self interest on the board allowing them to influence clubs, having a shambolic voting process, and constantly trying to put the shiters up clubs by telling them that they will struggle financially if they don't do what they want them to do. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you give them far too much credit, every team who voted yes was happy to drive a knife into our back.

no tears from me - quote the opposite

ONLY HEARTS HHGH

No tears, a wry smile for certain teams, but I won't be celebrating it if it happens.  Respect your position.  Just think all things considered it's the self interest that's led to the decline in scottish football and we need something radical to turn around.  Something radical like finding a solution where every team is on board and benefits.  If there is going to be any positive change from the current situation, our actions as a club will be critical.

SectionDJambo

Not particularly wanting to gloat or celebrate clubs, who’s votes have hurt us, going bust. Happy enough to see them struggle but survive. But those feelings are for their fans, not their board. 

QOS, like any other club who might now claim to have voted, on Good Friday, with a gun to their head, had the opportunity to insist on an independent inquiry into the behaviour and governance of the SPFL board that day. They decided an inquiry wasn’t necessary, so must have been happy with how things were done and turned out.
Hearts cannot, now, reasonably be expected to give a second thought to any other clubs, who didn’t bother about us or Partick Thistle and Stranraer, as we set out to defend our future.

Big part of the problem here is one club one vote in a weighted system requiring big majorities to change anything. It means that small community clubs with small attendances and no ambition to be much more than that get a big say in the future of a multi million pound club like Hearts. 

Many of them enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame and importance and had plenty to say for themselves about Hearts in particular

This is proof, if ever it were needed that we have far too many clubs so a cull is a natural and welcome outcome here. 

QOS, a relatively harmless club until now voted in a way they knew was unfair and very damaging to 3 clubs. Then they voted to sweep the entire thing under the carpet. Feck them and Feck every other club that did that.

Edited by JimmyCant

I dont care how the clubs voted, its the fans who might lose their team that I care about. 

There is something distasteful about football fans wanting other football fans to lose their team. 

To my mind its a bit like people who have jobs taking a delight in other people losing their job. 

I know people will point out Hibs fans and their behaviour in 2012 but they are probably the most horrible fan base in existence and we should be above that kind of behaviour. 

Having said all that I am in favour of a boycott of away grounds as Hearts are going to need the cash we spend on away tickets. 

So we should look after ourselves first but respect the rights of other fans. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Big part of the problem here is one club one vote in a weighted system requiring big majorities to change anything. It means that small community clubs with small attendances and no ambition to be much more than that get a big say in the future of a multi million pound club like Hearts. 

Many of them enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame and importance and had plenty to say for themselves about Hearts in particular

This is proof, if ever it were needed that we have far too many clubs so a cull is a natural and welcome outcome here. 

QOS, a relatively harmless club until now voted in a way they knew was unfair and very damaging to 3 clubs. Feck them and Feck every other club that did that.

Absolutely nailed it!!!

Tough one for me.  My other team, but only because I was in Dumfries for my school years and went to Palmerston just to get a game in.

For obvious reasons I always have a great trip back down there whenever we play them!

I really wish it wasn't them but there you are.  I really hope a few premier teams are in the same or a worse state

A few weeks ago I was firmly in the "I hope they all go bust as soon as possible" camp. Now I've probably softened to a position of "I won't celebrate a team going bust (well maybe a few specific teams), but I have no sympathy for them or feel any collective responsibility for the league to help them. The majority of teams have twice voted in their own self interest to the detriment of other league members so unfortunately for them they must now support themselves. Hearts are in a better position than all but a few clubs to survive so what will be will be. 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Absolutely nailed it!!!

I should add like @luckydug that I do feel sorry for the fans of some of these clubs about to go to the wall. Most of whom I imagine are fair minded and probably accept that their club could have stood up against this and joined together With other clubs with a bit more innovation and thought  to protect football  as opposed to the easiest route to keep one club happy taken by the SPFL 

The Internet

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If certain clubs go to the wall.

I see a certain amount of glee from posters in the COVID 19, Hearts expelled thread, that Quuen of the South are struggling and there is a chance they could fold.

I cant feel happy if Queen of the South go burst. I appreciate and accept that they are one of the 81%, but I personally hope they survive. To me they are not one of the stains of Scottish football.

Voted to harm Hearts and voted to seriously screw over Partick even though Thistle had a game in hand on them.

Voted against an inquiry into the behaviour of the SPFL Board.

They deserve to be shown the same sympathy they showed to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer... ZERO!!!

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's pretty tragic hearts fans hoping for clubs like queen of the south to go under tbh. 

Why? These clubs reap what they sow.

Edited by David McCaig

I think people need to ask why? Scottish football has allowed to develop this unchecked culture of self-interest which is at the root of why we're in such a bad place financially. If you are only ever interested in whats directly in front of you, there is no 'big picture' thinking.  Its literally about lurching from one transfer window to the next. Its totally unsustainable. 

My hope is that this causes enough problems for a fundamental rethink of the game up here. Summer football, more effective SPFL board, better TV deal, bigger league. 

Hypothetically, we could switch to a 16 team summer league. 30 games (+play offs), quality over quantity, i.e the quality improves as less overall games are played meaning less injuries, fixture congestion/ pile ups. Can even have a 2 week break when the English teams are having their pre-seasons to have friendlies. Drop us to just 2 professional leagues, 16 + 18 with a pyramid access for teams with the ambition to try. 

The crux is obviously the TV deal, but a better TV deal would facilitate the changes most want to see by and large. We just need a CEO experienced in these kinds of negotiations who can really sell an idea to Sky. Scottish football needs to do more so Sky have a better product to sell. They're never going to chuck money at us in our current state. Strong leadership is really needed for that though. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I should add like @luckydug that I do feel sorry for the fans of some of these clubs about to go to the wall. Most of whom I imagine are fair minded and probably accept that their club could have stood up against this and joined together With other clubs with a bit more innovation and thought  to protect football  as opposed to the easiest route to keep one club happy taken by the SPFL 

The last sentence in your previous post is where I’m at tbh.

The Treasurer

Yes it's hard on fans whose club may go to the wall, but all these clubs that voted the way they did, didn't give a second thought to other clubs like us or Partick

All clubs have had 2 chances to "do the right thing" hardly any had the decency or balls to do it.

they must now accept the consequences of their actions (or lack of)

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

No sympathy from me.

Why would queen of the south care about hearts exactly? 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ok, so why should we care about them?

They voted to relegate Partick who were 2 points behind them with a game in hand.

QOTS could actually have voted down the whole proposal with their single vote by going - sorry this just isn’t right... they didn’t!!

In fact there is a strong argument that they behaved more despicably than any other club in the League.

Edited by David McCaig

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think people need to ask why? Scottish football has allowed to develop this unchecked culture of self-interest which is at the root of why we're in such a bad place financially. If you are only ever interested in whats directly in front of you, there is no 'big picture' thinking.  Its literally about lurching from one transfer window to the next. Its totally unsustainable. 

My hope is that this causes enough problems for a fundamental rethink of the game up here. Summer football, more effective SPFL board, better TV deal, bigger league. 

Hypothetically, we could switch to a 16 team summer league. 30 games (+play offs), quality over quantity, i.e the quality improves as less overall games are played meaning less injuries, fixture congestion/ pile ups. Can even have a 2 week break when the English teams are having their pre-seasons to have friendlies. Drop us to just 2 professional leagues, 16 + 18 with a pyramid access for teams with the ambition to try. 

The crux is obviously the TV deal, but a better TV deal would facilitate the changes most want to see by and large. We just need a CEO experienced in these kinds of negotiations who can really sell an idea to Sky. Scottish football needs to do more so Sky have a better product to sell. They're never going to chuck money at us in our current state. Strong leadership is really needed for that though. 

Strange post, most on here blame Sky for ruining the game. 

Scottish Football will never change because of the bigots, it cant, its too powerful throughout the country. 

Its been going on forever and nothing will ever change. They call the shots and manouvere all the pieces to suit, the rest just hang on their shirtails and hoover up the scraps. 

Sky was never to blame.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

As has been the case in this country for a while now, clubs are only interested in themselves (bar a few exceptions) and indifferent to our own fortunes so I'll find it hard to give a **** about any falling by the wayside.

:greggy:

Clubs should always put themselves first. However, if they are losing money then the status quo is not working for them and they should be motivated for change, which would still be putting themselves first...

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They dont need to - they should have voted for the well being of EVERY CLUB- they did not.

THey voted to destroy several other clubs to save themselves.

The lifeboat they put themselves in whilst leaving us/Partick and Stranraer on a sinking ship has turned out to be a collander.

To hell with the lot of them

Edited by doctor jambo

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Strange post, most on here blame Sky for ruining the game. 

Scottish Football will never change because of the bigots, it cant, its too powerful throughout the country. 

Its been going on forever and nothing will ever change. They call the shots and manouvere all the pieces to suit, the rest just hang on their shirtails and hoover up the scraps. 

Sky was never to blame.

I'm blaming the structure of the league, the pandering to the OF, the appointment of idiots and spineless charlatans into senior positions (Maxwell & Doncaster, but it goes back further). 

Sky are a business, they're not going to look at the absolute shitfest we run and offer us anymore than what they think the OF are worth. If substantial changes are made then this could change, but until then we're stuck. 

Worthing Jambo
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sky simply aren’t interested.

They would rather show Ross County v rangers or Hamilton v Celtic than say Hearts v Aberdeen.

Sky make Scottish football look shite.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

They voted to relegate Partick who were 2 points behind them with a game in hand.

QOTS could actually have voted down the whole proposal with their single vote by going - sorry this just isn’t right... they didn’t!!

So could Dundee, Aberdeen & hibs, who all changed their vote.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

And we've got Doncaster. Who appears to be so inadequate that he needs Peter Liewell to hold his hand in the discussions ostensibly to garner a decent deal but in truth it's little more than pocket-change to Sky. Liewell who has a vested interest in ensuring that other clubs don't become overly wealthy and thus a little bit more competitive - he's happy enough to rake in the CL cash as a consequence of finishing first in a financially-doped league.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In fact there is a strong argument that they behaved more despicably than any other club in the League.

I didn’t say we should, I’m hardly full of hate for a club who have admitted they haven’t much money voting to end their season to minimise running costs and get money they are so though.

Why would they vote it down when it was financially hurting them?  Every club has been looking out for the best interests of themselves, especially clubs in financial trouble.  You think they should have crippled themselves further through integrity? Back in the real world Partick would have done the same as Queens or any other team in that position, as would Inverness if reconstruction wasn’t assisting them in reaching the Premiership. 

5 minutes ago, sac said:

So could Dundee, Aberdeen & hibs, who all changed their vote.

Hopefully they all die too then 

Bull's-eye
Just now, OTT said:

I'm blaming the structure of the league, the pandering to the OF, the appointment of idiots and spineless charlatans into senior positions (Maxwell & Doncaster, but it goes back further). 

Sky are a business, they're not going to look at the absolute shitfest we run and offer us anymore than what they think the OF are worth. If substantial changes are made then this could change, but until then we're stuck. 

Agree totally.

Doncaster and Co are just there to carry on the charade, they dont care about the future, there should be reconstruction plans made every year,  there should be forward planning every year. Nothing....

As long as Celtic finish top and draw in the CL money then the status quo will continue. 

Every club Chairman knows it and im really surprised at the level of hate and seethe  for other clubs, its always been the same. The voting was stage managed and manouvered to suit, just like it always is. 

Again, if something does change it wont be anything Hearts have done or threatened to do, itll be because Celtic and Rangers decide its better for them.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I agree with the OP. Certain clubs would give me great delight, but QoTS aren't one of them.

I highly doubt their rationale behind their vote had anything to do with Heart of Midlothian. I'm sure there were a few clubs, of which it was personal on some level, but most of the clubs did what they feel they had to do.

I don't necessarily blame a lot of the clubs in question, rather the powers that be for jumping 2 footed into such a decision so early, having too many club directors with self interest on the board allowing them to influence clubs, having a shambolic voting process, and constantly trying to put the shiters up clubs by telling them that they will struggle financially if they don't do what they want them to do. 

If any of these clubs had concerns about the voting process they had a chance to vote for an independent investigation. They didn't, so can go screw themselves.

A_A wehatethehibs

Spend the hundreds of pounds you would spend on transport to Dumfries and away tickets on increased Foundation of Hearts pledges folks. HeartsTV should show all our away games live inside the 1874 bar, or screens in the Gorgie suite, we should make that our new "away day" where all the money goes into the coffers of our club. **** shite bag clubs like QoS