New Goalkeeper(s)?

gregzy2k7

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't see the point in signing a goalkeeper if we're in the Championship because the keeper we sign will be Championship level. Then when we are promoted, we're back to square one with a Championship level keeper in the SPFL. 

Just wait a season and when we're back in the Premier League we can sign a better standard of keeper. 🤷

If we are still in the Premier League next season. A Goalkeeper would then be a top priority. 

That makes no sense once again.

We signed Neil Alexander in the ahem Championship who was a better goalkeeper than Zlamal,Doyle and Perriera who we signed in the Premiership.

The league is irrelevant,we must get recruitment and scouting right whatever league we are in.

Most of our best young Scottish players have been signed from the leagues below.🤦‍♂️

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Leveins Battalion

• TheBigO

• Ricardo Shillyshally

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That makes no sense once again.

We signed Neil Alexander in the ahem Championship who was a better goalkeeper than Zlamal,Doyle and Perriera who we signed in the Premiership.

The league is irrelevant,we must get recruitment and scouting right whatever league we are in.

Most of our best young Scottish players have been signed from the leagues below.🤦‍♂️

It makes perfect sense. 

Neil Alexander was about 100 year old when he signed for us ffs. :rofl:

The league we are in certainly is not irrelevant. Especially with the money we may lose. 

You're completely delusional if you think we can sign the same quality of keeper in the Championship than what we would be able to sign in the Premier league. That's just ****in bonkers if you think that. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It makes perfect sense. 

Neil Alexander was about 100 year old when he signed for us ffs. :rofl:

The league we are in certainly is not irrelevant. Especially with the money we may lose. 

You're completely delusional if you think we can sign the same quality of keeper in the Championship than what we would be able to sign in the Premier league. That's just ****in bonkers if you think that. 

No it's not,your point is based on a daft opinion.

Neil Alexander played in both the Championship and Premiership for Hearts.

If playing in the Championship means we cannot attract Prma Donna's like Damour,Martin etc then I am all for it,if following your theory they should've been superstars.

We problaby paid Tzolis twice the amount that Hibs paid McGinn in wages.

Recruitment is the reason why we are where we are.Recruitment is where every club either thrives or fails.

Ours has been astoundingly poor,but we have the resources to improve this infinitely.

27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No it's not,your point is based on a daft opinion.

Neil Alexander played in both the Championship and Premiership for Hearts.

If playing in the Championship means we cannot attract Prma Donna's like Damour,Martin etc then I am all for it,if following your theory they should've been superstars.

We problaby paid Tzolis twice the amount that Hibs paid McGinn in wages.

Recruitment is the reason why we are where we are.Recruitment is where every club either thrives or fails.

Ours has been astoundingly poor,but we have the resources to improve this infinitely.

Neil Alexander was a good keeper but he was old. If we could get Gordon then that would be decent. 

I agree recruitment is the main reason for signing shite. 

But it is a fact of life that we would be able to sign a better standard of keeper in the Premier league than we would in the Championship. It is absolute nonsense to suggest otherwise. 

Leveins Battalion
45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Neil Alexander was a good keeper but he was old. If we could get Gordon then that would be decent. 

I agree recruitment is the main reason for signing shite. 

But it is a fact of life that we would be able to sign a better standard of keeper in the Premier league than we would in the Championship. It is absolute nonsense to suggest otherwise. 

It's not.

Your theory would guarantee that Oshaniwa was better than Eckersly,or Augustyn was better than Ozturk,or Kitchen was better than Gomis,or Sammon was better than Sow.

It matters not if we are in the championship or premiership such is the margin of quality.

30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's not.

Your theory would guarantee that Oshaniwa was better than Eckersly,or Augustyn was better than Ozturk,or Kitchen was better than Gomis,or Sammon was better than Sow.

It matters not if we are in the championship or premiership such is the margin of quality.

No it doesn't at all. It is not a theory. It is an absolute cast in stone fact that we could sign better players if we were in the Premier League. It's absolute absurd that you don't understand that. It's the same across football. Better players play at a higher level. :rolleyes:

All your post there proves is that our recruitment has been pish. Which I wouldn't disagree with, neither would anyone else for that matter. It doesn't change the fact that better players available to us in the Premier League would not play for us in the Scottish Championship. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No it doesn't at all. It is not a theory. It is an absolute cast in stone fact that we could sign better players if we were in the Premier League. It's absolute absurd that you don't understand that. It's the same across football. Better players play at a higher level. :rolleyes:

All your post there proves is that our recruitment has been pish. Which I wouldn't disagree with, neither would anyone else for that matter. It doesn't change the fact that better players available to us in the Premier League would not play for us in the Scottish Championship. 

It's not a cast in stone fact,all players are at different stages in their career,different levels that they aspire to,drive and ambition.

We have sold ourselfs as some kind of last chance saloon for old pros and injury plagued footballers.Thats where the problem is.

Your idea of signing players is based on what level they are currently playing at,rather than what they can become.

We could sign a 17 year old cheap player from Arbroath who could turn out an international or an ex Manchester United player who could be a flop.

Our recruitment has been abysmal which is why we need a new goalkeeper.🤣🤣🙈

Scottie Wanshot.

On 22/05/2020 at 12:55, Last Laff said:

Bobby is utter shite.  No danger we should take that sort of risk. 

but not as SHITE as slippy baws Pereira.

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

No thanks on MacDonald. Certainly not as our first choice keeper anyway. Might have him as backup. Don't want Gordon either. 

I'd be pretty disappointed if we haven't at least looked into signing Hladky. Yes, the uglies along the M8 are reportedly interested but how much truth is there in that, and what do we have to lose by asking? He'd be the perfect signing - I'd honestly be over the moon if we snapped him up. Gillespie from Motherwell would be a decent shout too. Always looked solid enough against us. 

There's literally a shit tonne of keepers out of contract in Belgium, Holland and Germany too. We should show a but of out of the box thinking and approach one of these guys - we might just uncover an absolute gem of a keeper.

Hladky is off to Ibrox in June.

I would not mind McLaughlin back and he certainly did not rule that out in recent interviews

I have to agree re Jamie..thanks for his efforts but some on here need to remember the bad times with us as well as his bad times at Kilmarnock

Scottie Wanshot.

I think Craig Gordon would be happy to come back.

but not as SHITE as slippy baws Pereira.

Scottie Wanshot.

Gordon will leave Celtic, they have made a arse of him long enough.