Summer 2020 Player Movement Thread

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I don't have the nerve to call it a 'transfer window', but things are starting to happen. Baur and Mason have been released, Moore and Brandon have been offered new contracts.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Agentjambo

• TheBigO

• GinRummy

Pleased for Brandon and Moore. Think Brandon has been so unlucky with injuries over the last couple of years. He was looking a decent player prior to that too. 

Moore under Stendel is a totally different player and has been a joy to watch. 

Mason seems to have been around forever without ever actually looking anywhere close to challenging. Shame for the laddie, but youth development only works if the pathways remain clear for other kids who are progressing faster. Maybe he can drop down a few levels and see where that takes him. Bad time to be without a club though. Excited about Stones potential. Hopefully we have a real talent and manage him properly - talking about contract situation, Hickey will (almost certainly) walk on a development fee to Celtic because he got his break at 16/17. Had we waited a year, a long term deal would have secured him. Bloody frustrating. 

If that is his intention and we can't do anything about it. I'd like us to see if we can come to some sort of deal with Celtic instead. For example, waiving a formal transfer fee whilst including a sell on and a player or two (e.g. Bain and a youngster). Its not great, but the laddie has really made this a hugely difficult situation. Wonder why the City and various english links have amounted to nothing? Is it another case of a Scottish youngster being unable to see beyond the OF ?                                                                                                                              

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who is making these decisions?

This was exactly the thought that cam eto me, reading the EEN story. 

Four faces
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Pleased for Brandon and Moore. Think Brandon has been so unlucky with injuries over the last couple of years. He was looking a decent player prior to that too. 

Moore under Stendel is a totally different player and has been a joy to watch. 

Mason seems to have been around forever without ever actually looking anywhere close to challenging. Shame for the laddie, but youth development only works if the pathways remain clear for other kids who are progressing faster. Maybe he can drop down a few levels and see where that takes him. Bad time to be without a club though. Excited about Stones potential. Hopefully we have a real talent and manage him properly - talking about contract situation, Hickey will (almost certainly) walk on a development fee to Celtic because he got his break at 16/17. Had we waited a year, a long term deal would have secured him. Bloody frustrating. 

If that is his intention and we can't do anything about it. I'd like us to see if we can come to some sort of deal with Celtic instead. For example, waiving a formal transfer fee whilst including a sell on and a player or two (e.g. Bain and a youngster). Its not great, but the laddie has really made this a hugely difficult situation. Wonder why the City and various english links have amounted to nothing? Is it another case of a Scottish youngster being unable to see beyond the OF ?                                                                                                                              

Hickey still has a year after this

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who is making these decisions?

Unless I missed something we still have a manager.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Unless I missed something we still have a manager.

Not according to his agent.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Not according to his agent.

As I say, unless I missed something. He still our manager until we announce he isn't. And if he's not then we have a stand-in eg Andy Kirk, who also hasn't been announced. The world hasn't stopped. We still need to act like there's going to be football.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I say, unless I missed something. He still our manager until we announce he isn't.

You must have missed his agent saying as of when we were relegated he became a free agent. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You must have missed his agent saying as of when we were relegated he became a free agent. 

He has a clause that means we and him can break the contract. Everyone knows that. Who cares what his agent says. Until it's announced by Hearts he's our manager as far as I'm concerned. As I say, if he has gone and for some reason we haven't told anyone, Andy Kirk or someone will be doing his job.

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He has a clause that means we and him can break the contract. Everyone knows that. Who cares what his agent says. Until it's announced by Hearts he's our manager as far as I'm concerned. As I say, if he has gone and for some reason we haven't told anyone, Andy Kirk or someone will be doing his job.

Probably wont be decided until we know what league we will be playing in....whenever that will be.

The Internet

Posting a 5 year old tweet is an early contender for least itk post of the year. 

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Posting a 5 year old tweet is an early contender for least itk post of the year. 

Thanks🤦‍♂️

The Internet
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Thanks🤦‍♂️

I'm sure it'll be trumped many times as the summer goes on. 

Is it far too simplistic of me to think that any new deals being offered must be with the blessing of DS and as such he is planning to be here regardless of what competition we are in🤔

Neither player could be classed as a 'Hickey' or similar ie a no brainer that any manager would want to keep & an asset to the club....these players are quite subjective in their value at best so my thoughts are DS is behind their deals which may be a positive indicator re him staying....

Thats what im going with anyway 🤗😊 

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Proves Uche won’t be rushed into greatness. 5 years on and still biding his time on that one. 😟

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Proves Uche won’t be rushed into greatness. 5 years on and still biding his time on that one. 😟

He waits any longer we could sell him as  cheese OIP.l7Tln-Uqrw8KKMlTRbXqrgHaE9?w=289&h=1

😄

Celtic place Reading winger Michael Olise and Hearts' Aaron Hickey on list of transfer targets

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail 00:59 22 May 2020, updated 01:01 22 May 2020

have placed teenage Reading winger Michael Olise on a list of potential transfer targets.

And the Parkhead side are also keeping tabs on Aaron Hickey's situation at relegated Hearts.

A under-18 international, left-sided Olise made 14 appearances for the Royals before the lockdown forced football into cold storage.

Celtic have placed teenage Reading winger Michael Olise on a list of potential transfer targets

The Parkhead side are also keeping tabs on Aaron Hickey's situation at relegated Hearts

Known to former Reading Director of Football Nicky Hammond, the 18-year-old had spells in the academies of Chelsea and Manchester City before joining Reading's academy scholarship programme. The winger signed a three-year professional contract last July.

With wide man Jonny Hayes out of contract, Neil Lennon is also keen to extend the loan terms of Southampton duo Mohammed Elyounoussi and Fraser Forster.

The manager is also thought to be watching the situation of highly-rated Hearts left-back Hickey.

A France under-18 international, Olise made 14 appearances for the Royals before lockdown

Unaffected by recent wage-cuts imposed by owner Ann Budge, the Scotland youth international is entering the final 12 months of his contract, with interest from Manchester City and Crystal Palace yet to crystallise into concrete bids.

Celtic previously had Hickey on their books and remain admirers of the 17-year-old.

Hearts face a damaging financial loss if clubs vote down the league reconstruction resolution which would preserve their Premiership status. Ann Budge is expected to outline her proposals to clubs before the weekend and, if it fails, the Scottish champions could land the teenage defender for considerably less than the £1.5million quoted previously.

Hickey is entering the final 12 months of his contract and has also interested Manchester City

Neil Lennon admitted his plans for the transfer window are up in the air amid the pandemic

With the lockdown landscape making the transfer window an unpredictable place manager Neil Lennon admits his plans are still up in the air.

'We don't know how the transfer window is going to look and what length of time it will be, and what the budget is going to be, and what other clubs' budget is going to be as well.

'I am really happy with the squad, I am not sure we need to do a lot of rebuilding at all, if at all.

'But again you don't know what the landscape is going to look like with bringing players in.'

Much as I hate Hearts players going to the old firm it probably makes sense for us with Hickey. We got him from Celtic and they have a 30% sell on fee. So the only way to void that is to sell him back to Celtic to get a full amount. Unless some team comes along who is willing to pay enough for that to not matter which could also be possible, but unlikely.  I think he still stays in glasgow though presumably with his family cause I've seen him in my local tesco near west end. On a human level, if I was a seventeen year old and I was offered multiple times my wages and a couple hours off my commute I'd probably take it. Bloody frustrating though from a football perspective. 

tartofmidlothian
On 22/05/2020 at 09:01, Newton51 said:

Celtic place Reading winger Michael Olise and Hearts' Aaron Hickey on list of transfer targets

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail 00:59 22 May 2020, updated 01:01 22 May 2020

have placed teenage Reading winger Michael Olise on a list of potential transfer targets.

And the Parkhead side are also keeping tabs on Aaron Hickey's situation at relegated Hearts.

A under-18 international, left-sided Olise made 14 appearances for the Royals before the lockdown forced football into cold storage.

Celtic have placed teenage Reading winger Michael Olise on a list of potential transfer targets

The Parkhead side are also keeping tabs on Aaron Hickey's situation at relegated Hearts

Known to former Reading Director of Football Nicky Hammond, the 18-year-old had spells in the academies of Chelsea and Manchester City before joining Reading's academy scholarship programme. The winger signed a three-year professional contract last July.

With wide man Jonny Hayes out of contract, Neil Lennon is also keen to extend the loan terms of Southampton duo Mohammed Elyounoussi and Fraser Forster.

The manager is also thought to be watching the situation of highly-rated Hearts left-back Hickey.

A France under-18 international, Olise made 14 appearances for the Royals before lockdown

Unaffected by recent wage-cuts imposed by owner Ann Budge, the Scotland youth international is entering the final 12 months of his contract, with interest from Manchester City and Crystal Palace yet to crystallise into concrete bids.

Celtic previously had Hickey on their books and remain admirers of the 17-year-old.

Hearts face a damaging financial loss if clubs vote down the league reconstruction resolution which would preserve their Premiership status. Ann Budge is expected to outline her proposals to clubs before the weekend and, if it fails, the Scottish champions could land the teenage defender for considerably less than the £1.5million quoted previously.

Hickey is entering the final 12 months of his contract and has also interested Manchester City

Neil Lennon admitted his plans for the transfer window are up in the air amid the pandemic

With the lockdown landscape making the transfer window an unpredictable place manager Neil Lennon admits his plans are still up in the air.

'We don't know how the transfer window is going to look and what length of time it will be, and what the budget is going to be, and what other clubs' budget is going to be as well.

'I am really happy with the squad, I am not sure we need to do a lot of rebuilding at all, if at all.

'But again you don't know what the landscape is going to look like with bringing players in.'

I know there are more important things to sort, but I wonder if he would come to us?

4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I know there are more important things to sort, but I wonder if he would come to us?

KB...go easy on the poster here please!

Apparently we all have to be nicer to one another now, so this is an excellent opportunity to errr start!

Unknown user
On 21/05/2020 at 15:34, Agentjambo said:

Quotes please

Daniel Stendel confirms he’s out of contract with Hearts but insists he has unfinished business with Jambos

DANIEL STENDEL insists he has unfinished business at Hearts as he refused to rule out a return to Gorgie.

The German manager has confirmed he is now out of contract following the Jambos’ relegation to the Championship.

Stendel has refused to rule out a return to Gorgie

However, he remains hopeful Ann Budge’s bid to reconstruct the SPFL set-up — which could lead to an expanded top flight — is successful.

And if the men in maroon are eventually handed a reprieve he wants to finish the job he started at Tynecastle in December.

Stendel told Hearts TV: “At the moment I have no contract in the Championship if Hearts play there next season.

“But I think we will speak with Ann over the next few days when all the decisions have been made.

Stendel on the sidelines during defeat against St Mirren

“I can see my own part in this situation. It’s not what I expected when I came to Hearts. My first idea was to help this club get back to its normal position in the league.

“At the moment the situation is really difficult. But the task is not over.

“I hope we can find a way — both with the league and also with Ann and I — where we can do it again and win this competition and achieve the goals I had the first time I spoke with Ann.”

Stendel’s Jambos side were four points adrift of Hamilton with eight games left when football ended in March.

Like chairman Budge, the Hearts gaffer believes it is unfair they have been demoted as a result.

EXTRA TIME Hearts' Budge delays last-gasp SPFL re-structure plan until MONDAY

Budge will submit her new proposal for a revamped set-up to clubs tomorrow.

And Stendel will watch closely from his home in Germany before deciding his next move.

He said: “I have had a lot of calls with Ann in the last weeks and I can see the situation is not easy.

“I hoped we could finish the league in a normal way. But the coronavirus stopped it.

“Then I thought, ‘OK, we’re bottom, it’s not the best situation and it’s our own fault, but the season is 38 games and we had only played 30 — we cannot be relegated’.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Daniel Stendel confirms he’s out of contract with Hearts but insists he has unfinished business with Jambos

DANIEL STENDEL insists he has unfinished business at Hearts as he refused to rule out a return to Gorgie.

The German manager has confirmed he is now out of contract following the Jambos’ relegation to the Championship.

Stendel has refused to rule out a return to Gorgie

However, he remains hopeful Ann Budge’s bid to reconstruct the SPFL set-up — which could lead to an expanded top flight — is successful.

And if the men in maroon are eventually handed a reprieve he wants to finish the job he started at Tynecastle in December.

Stendel told Hearts TV: “At the moment I have no contract in the Championship if Hearts play there next season.

“But I think we will speak with Ann over the next few days when all the decisions have been made.

Stendel on the sidelines during defeat against St Mirren

“I can see my own part in this situation. It’s not what I expected when I came to Hearts. My first idea was to help this club get back to its normal position in the league.

“At the moment the situation is really difficult. But the task is not over.

“I hope we can find a way — both with the league and also with Ann and I — where we can do it again and win this competition and achieve the goals I had the first time I spoke with Ann.”

Stendel’s Jambos side were four points adrift of Hamilton with eight games left when football ended in March.

Like chairman Budge, the Hearts gaffer believes it is unfair they have been demoted as a result.

EXTRA TIME Hearts' Budge delays last-gasp SPFL re-structure plan until MONDAY

Budge will submit her new proposal for a revamped set-up to clubs tomorrow.

And Stendel will watch closely from his home in Germany before deciding his next move.

He said: “I have had a lot of calls with Ann in the last weeks and I can see the situation is not easy.

“I hoped we could finish the league in a normal way. But the coronavirus stopped it.

“Then I thought, ‘OK, we’re bottom, it’s not the best situation and it’s our own fault, but the season is 38 games and we had only played 30 — we cannot be relegated’.

Fair play, fingers crossed

On 22/05/2020 at 12:16, HMFSee said:

Much as I hate Hearts players going to the old firm it probably makes sense for us with Hickey. We got him from Celtic and they have a 30% sell on fee. So the only way to void that is to sell him back to Celtic to get a full amount. Unless some team comes along who is willing to pay enough for that to not matter which could also be possible, but unlikely.  I think he still stays in glasgow though presumably with his family cause I've seen him in my local tesco near west end. On a human level, if I was a seventeen year old and I was offered multiple times my wages and a couple hours off my commute I'd probably take it. Bloody frustrating though from a football perspective. 

Makes you wonder what future the boy Taylor Celtic got from Killie has there if they're going for Hickey now.

Wonder if he does go there we can get him back on a loan deal for a season to give him game time?

jambopilms

No chance Hickey is getting a game for Celtic any time soon. Still a good prospect but he is not a better player than Taylor who can't get a game.

Edited by jambopilms

Agentjambo
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Quotes please

He confirmed Stendel "now technically has no contract" with Hearts, but that he is open to staying with the club "if certain things can be agreed and if the structure at the club can be improved.

If social media is accurate the only hearts player that is showing they’re putting the hours in fitness wise is Dikamona - and he doesn’t even have a contract!!! 

Heard yesterday that Naismith, Souter, and halkett are all committed to staying expect Smith to leave though. 

indianajones
26 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Heard yesterday that Naismith, Souter, and halkett are all committed to staying expect Smith to leave though. 

Shame about Halkett. Guys a terrible CB. 

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

No chance Hickey is getting a game for Celtic any time soon. Still a good prospect but he is not a better player than Taylor who can't get a game.

Completely different types of player imo. If Hickey went on to a club who were fully invested in his development, I would be converting him to a holding midfielder.  I think he look more comfortable in the middle with the game around him than on the flank.  

gashauskis9
40 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

All injury prone, of course they want to stay.  Nobody else will offer a bean for them.  

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

All injury prone, of course they want to stay.  Nobody else will offer a bean for them.  

Unfair imo. Halkett and Naismith aren’t injured right now and would get a game for a top flight club no problem. Naismith also agreed to a 50% pay cut so questioning his commitment is pretty shitty chat tbh   

His name is

Contacts up at the end of the month

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Just now, His name is said:

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

IIRC brandon and moore have been offered new contracts

gashauskis9
Just now, GinRummy said:

Unfair imo. Halkett and Naismith aren’t injured right now and would get a game for a top flight club no problem. Naismith also agreed to a 50% pay cut so questioning his commitment is pretty shitty chat tbh   

Didn’t question their commitment anywhere in my post chief.  The situation is what it is though.  Footballers need security first and foremost. 

A 33 year old who will be 34 by the time he kicks another ball, and has missed the majority of the last two seasons through 2-3 bad injuries and has 3 years left on his contract is not going to attract any interest.

Halkett is a bottom 6 defender.  He needs experience alongside him otherwise he’s out his depth.  He was good at Livingston, because he had Lithgow and Gallagher alongside him in a bank three doing all the donkey work.  

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Not too sure about that Taylor is 22 yrs old And Hickey is in the Hearts team on Merit, I think physically you will see a big difference in Hickey this year, he is still growing and has an excellent football brain  Celtic added the 30% clause because he was one that could go either way 

10 minutes ago, His name is said:

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Dikamona has already left came to an agreement on his contract to return home 

40 minutes ago, His name is said:

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Thought Lee had another year to go and why he had been sent back to us after his loan. 

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Thought Lee had another year to go and why he had been sent back to us after his loan. 

he does as far as I know (unless he it was 2 years with a 1 year option.)

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, His name is said:

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Lee’s got another year. Isnt MacLean out of contract?

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, His name is said:

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Not one of them I'd keep.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Lee’s got another year. Aren’t Berra & MacLean out of contract?

Berra has until next year, Maclean is out of contract. Below is all players (first, reserve and U18) and when their contracts expire (and some that I dont know when it expires so if anyone knows let me know.) (Also taken out all the players we have on loan as with the season over they will be back at their parent clubs.)

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Jay Charleston-King
Arron Darge
Chris Hamilton
Peter Haring
Chris Halkett 
Uche Ikpeazu
Cian Kavanagh
Connor Smith
John Souttar
Leon Watson
Jamie Walker

Liam Boyce
Loic Damour
Steven Naismith

Unknown
Mackenzie Lawler
Cameron Logan
Leeroy Makovora
Scott McGill
Broadie Strang
Sean Ward

Edited by jamboinglasgow

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Didn’t question their commitment anywhere in my post chief.  The situation is what it is though.  Footballers need security first and foremost. 

A 33 year old who will be 34 by the time he kicks another ball, and has missed the majority of the last two seasons through 2-3 bad injuries and has 3 years left on his contract is not going to attract any interest.

Halkett is a bottom 6 defender.  He needs experience alongside him otherwise he’s out his depth.  He was good at Livingston, because he had Lithgow and Gallagher alongside him in a bank three doing all the donkey work.  

It read to me like you thought the only reason they wanted to stay was that they wouldn’t get a contract anywhere else. Halkett is Not good enough for hearts  but could get a contract in the top flight no bother. Naismith always said he wants to finish his career at killie and I’m quite surprised he wants to continue with hearts in the championship. You’re right about Them being injury prone but both are good enough to help us out the championship imo.