Your FOH pledge.

Whatever

Am I the only one who sees the publication of all our additional subscribers as a negative to the existing circumstances?

Cannot fault the fans commitment as it’s like no other, but it’s also flying in the faces of other clubs who will see us as a real threat. Keeping us in the championship puts us significantly back, we evens out the playing field.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Whatever

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Am I the only one who sees the publication of all our additional subscribers as a negative to the existing circumstances?

Cannot fault the fans commitment as it’s like no other, but it’s also flying in the faces of other clubs who will see us as a real threat. Keeping us in the championship puts us significantly back, we evens out the playing field.

You’ve maybe got a slight point but I doubt if many, or any, clubs will be swayed either way by increased FoH subs. Imo, the only thing that’ll sway certain clubs to vote for reconstruction is the threat of legal action. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The last number published that I am aware of was 7,584. That was at the last AGM and was the "average" number of pledgers over the year. Even with the recent activity, you may find that the number of active pledges remains around the 8,000 mark, with some of the "new" pledges being being increases rather than band new ones. 

Thanks for info. Do you know how much actual money was being paid monthly prior to lockdown?

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve maybe got a slight point but I doubt if many, or any, clubs will be swayed either way by increased FoH subs. Imo, the only thing that’ll sway certain clubs to vote for reconstruction is the threat of legal action. 

And that legal action may well be funded through FOH so they need to know that not only do we have the will, we have the means.

29 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

No. Not in the slightest. These ***** would be trying to **** us regardless. 

Clerry Jambo

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foundation-hearts-see-biggest-surge-five-years-they-target-10000-members-2864211

Foundation of Hearts see biggest surge in five years as they target 10,000 members

Fans group aims to pump £2m a year into Tynecastle

Tuesday, 26th May 2020, 7:45 am

Hearts fans continue to join the Foundation in their numbers. Copyright: Other 3rd Party

Foundation of Hearts today reported their biggest membership surge in five years as Hearts fans rally to help their club survive the coronavirus crisis.

More than 1,000 extra people have donated cash to FoH since Scottish football entered shutdown in March, raising subscription numbers to around the 8,000 mark.

The Foundation’s target is 10,000 in order to generate an extra £500,000 a year in revenue for Hearts. The Edinburgh club currently receive £1.5m annually from from FoH and the fan group want to reach £2m.

Many supporters have responded as their team face enforced relegation to the Scottish Championship. That and the indefinite suspension of football have prompted a significant number of people to offer financial assistance to Hearts.

Over the weekend alone, 493 fans pledged money through the Foundation and those numbers are continuing to rise.

FoH chairman Stuart Wallace told the Evening News: “I’ve just never seen this. There is something pretty special going on. It’s the biggest uptake we think since the tribute shirt was announced [in September 2015]. We reached 8,200 at that point.

“It’s difficult to tell exactly how many are brand new pledgers, how many are restarted pledges and how many are one-off donations. We get all the data on the 15th of each month so there is a lag.

“We have had 1,000 people putting money in since the shutdown and my guess is around half of that would be new start-ups, so that takes us back to around the 8,000 members mark. We had been around 7,500 before football stopped so this is a cracking increase.

“In total, almost 12,000 people have pledged at one point or another since we started collecting direct debits back in 2013. Some of those have cancelled, some maybe passed away, but we are targeting that community again now.

“If we can push towards 10,000 members, that would mean £2m a year for Hearts. We hand over around £1.5m a year as it stands and 10,000 members would push that up towards £2m a year. It’s an extra £500,000 for the club.”

One fan made a one-off donation of £501 recently and Wallace is overwhelmed by the support despite a financial crisis biting hard in households across the country.

He is also aware some people may feel reluctant to plough more money into Hearts given they sat bottom of the Premiership despite spending millions in recent years.

“It’s a fair question. I’m sympathetic to people asking that and they should feel able to ask it. They are perfectly entitled,” admitted Wallace.

“I’ve heard a few people saying ‘you need to be more accountable’ and ‘we can’t go wasting all this money again’.

“I think the majority of supporters in their mind have put that aside, like it’s an issue for later once we know the club has come through this.

“That’s just my feeling, but it’s no surprise people are asking that. We are certainly looking to get things right going forward.”

Foundation of Hearts have supplemented the Tynecastle Park coffers to the tune of more than £10m since 2013 and Wallace explained where they money has gone.

“We have always been up front about what has happened to the Foundation money so far,” he said. “We said £4m for operating costs in the early days, £3m towards the new stand, and then £2.5m to repay Ann Budge for her initial investment.

“So out of the £10m, £9.5m has gone to specific purposes. It’s only really since February this year that the money has started going into the general pot.”

FoH are willing to open their doors to any club seeking ways to harness fans and generate income during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Foundation of Hearts has a model which could help other football clubs in these times,” said Wallace. “As much as we’re annoyed by what has happened to us, we are saying we are here and ready to talk.

“If other clubs want to work out what we’ve done that drives money from the supporter base into the club, then come and ask us about it.

“We are fast reaching the conclusion that this whole debate isn’t about Hearts. It’s about how do you have 42 football clubs still going at the end of it?”

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

“Foundation of Hearts has a model which could help other football clubs in these times,” said Wallace. “As much as we’re annoyed by what has happened to us, we are saying we are here and ready to talk.

“If other clubs want to work out what we’ve done that drives money from the supporter base into the club, then come and ask us about it."

It's all great to hear, except this. If other clubs want help, **** off.

Really sums up how stupid other teams are. FoH have said on many occasions that this is a good model and would welcome helping others. No-one has come forward. Says it all

Gordon Ramsay

Go to Hibs and try their model 😂😂😂

Maybe raise enough for a multipack of crisps and a can of juice. 

On 19/05/2020 at 08:12, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Said for ages there should be a kids section for FOH at say £2.50 a month. 

Then hopefully when they reach adulthood they would stay members and up their pledge. 

A cracking idea

42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

FoH are willing to open their doors to any club seeking ways to harness fans and generate income during the coronavirus pandemic.

“If other clubs want to work out what we’ve done that drives money from the supporter base into the club, then come and ask us about it.

Good news story but I almost blew a gasket when I read this!

Help other fans??? They feckin hate us FFS and want us to die!!

This Club needs to change its nicey nicey attitude which has got us no where - cosying up to Dempster was a perfect example!

ford donald
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This Club needs to change its nicey nicey attitude which has got us no where - cosying up to Dempster was a perfect example!

Agree with that,stupid statement to make.

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Unless we charge them a nice fat consultancy fee - say 5.1% of future incomings over the next 51 years. Imagine that - Hobos knowing that 5.1% of their 50p/month is going to FoH :lol: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
33 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Go to Hibs and try their model 😂😂😂

Maybe raise enough for a multipack of crisps and a can of juice. 

The Vermin are a pure joke.

Although I’ve no doubt that KANO can save the day.

sandylejambo
11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not increased my FoH contribution, but will continue to pay it until I die. I'm due to retire from work in 9 months and the level I'm paying is what I can afford to pay, without causing other financial problems. I have put a little money into the club since lockdown, with the renewal of my ST, and despite being 64 and what some say on here that only people of a certain age should have football shirts I did also  book the home strip for next season. This last part is the most difficult, just because your doctor, local hospital cannot give you a guaranteed date of death. I've got a pension coming from work and on my parents death I received a split of the sale of the family home as inheritance. I've not touched any of that money yet, I've set it aside as a form of drawdown income amount, once in retirement. However, I've been thinking about how much is there what age my parents and grandparents passed away at and I'm seriously thinking about making a one off payment of £5,000 to FoH or the club direct, if we do decide to take court action to help resolve the situation we are in.

Mate, you've done your bit, take the five grand and get into a bath of champagne with two hookers, live a little before you shuffle off this mortal coil, you deserve it.

EagleJambo

We have season tickets at Crystal Palace and they have just announced the refund options - contribute to the Palace Academy,  Palace for Life Foundation (local community charities) or refund the money. Think Hearts are more in need of my money than Palace so I'm going to get a refund and pledge a chunk of that to FOH. Every little helps.

Never quite understood why other clubs would need to get advice from us on something like FoH. It's quite simple really: "get yourself a decent sized loyal fan base who actually give a ****." How hard can it be.

Clerry Jambo
Iain Macleod

@iain_mac
· 43m
Myself, @srwallace1 & @GaHa1874 have been "quite busy" manning @The_FOH inboxes recently but gestures like this make it all worth while. The good people @jamb0skickback have increased their monthly pledge to an incredible £500 per month. Tremendous gesture! #AlwaysHearts

David Black
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Could not agree more. There are maybe around 6 clubs I would help, the rest can go to hell .

japanjambo
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:
Iain Macleod

@iain_mac
· 43m
Myself, @srwallace1 & @GaHa1874 have been "quite busy" manning @The_FOH inboxes recently but gestures like this make it all worth while. The good people @jamb0skickback have increased their monthly pledge to an incredible £500 per month. Tremendous gesture! #AlwaysHearts

:cheer1:

davemclaren

Just To advise that JKB has in Increased its monthly pledge to FoH from £400 to £500. This is mainly due to our subscribed members who allow us to continue to support our club through these difficult times. 

if anyone wants to take out a subscription from a fiver a year. 😎

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/store/category/1-subscriptions/

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just To advise that JKB has in Increased its monthly pledge to FoH from £400 to £500. This is mainly due to our subscribed members who allow us to continue to support our club through these difficult times. 

Despite my previous bad experience with PayPal I’ve subscribed. Well done jkb 👍

Edited by GinRummy

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Despite my previous bad experience with PayPal I’ve subscribed. Well done jkb 👍

cheers. 

You can actually do it without a paypal account if you select to pay by credit card. 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍

#Always❤'s

Thankyou JKB 😊😁😄😃

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

cheers. 

You can actually do it without a paypal account if you select to pay by credit card. 

👍

vlad on the tyne

New pledger today. Set up for payment the day after Levein departs the building 🇱🇻

kawasakijambo
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Done

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Subscription done

35 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Iain Macleod

@iain_mac
· 43m

:bravo:

Just now, davemclaren said:

Fantastic.

scottish_chicP
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Great stuff 👏

Tennant's  6's
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Definitely. 

Still to nicey nice. HMFC FIRST.  HMFC ONLY.

highlandjambo3

Nothing in the media about this uptake yet......I’ll hold my breath in anticipation.........

NOT

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Nothing in the media about this uptake yet......I’ll hold my breath in anticipation.........

NOT

There is, Edinburgh en has done a article on it

highlandjambo3
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

NOT

4 minutes ago, gov said:

There is, Edinburgh en has done a article on it

Should say weegia 

sidjamesbottle
13 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

NOT

Keith Jackson typing as we speak "FOH laundering Colombian drug money"

braveheart
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Is it not possible to make posting on jkb by membership only?at least then if there "interlopers" we could at least know that they were contributing in a small way to hearts

2 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Keith Jackson typing as we speak "FOH laundering Colombian drug money"

Not heard much lately about those Dermot Desmond allegations - is that all they were?

Was hoping that every Celtic accomplishment since he became involved would be forever tainted by some illegal activity...

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not heard much lately about those Dermot Desmond allegations - is that all they were?

Was hoping that every Celtic accomplishment since he became involved would be forever tainted by some illegal activity...

Is it McLennan or McKenzie who works for Dermot Desmond? I mix up my Celtic-minded SPFL shysters. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Can FOH sign up 40,000 subscribers. 

They can but they won’t. 10,000 would be a magnificent achievement imo. 

David Black
35 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is it McLennan or McKenzie who works for Dermot Desmond? I mix up my Celtic-minded SPFL shysters. 

McLennan. He doesn't just work for him he is a major shareholder in Desmonds company.

Just now, David Black said:

McLennan. He doesn't just work for him he is a major shareholder in Desmonds company.

Ah, cheers. Lucky he was on the board or Celtic’s interests might have been ignored like ours were. Phew.

For some reason I keep thinking McKenzie is involved with Celtic or Desmond, too...

portobellojambo1
47 minutes ago, Boof said:

I'd imagine that will be getting dealt with in the Baltics Boof, as the bank he is the major shareholder in that is being investigated for money laundering is based somewhere in that region, Estonia or Latvia from memory.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ah, cheers. Lucky he was on the board or Celtic’s interests might have been ignored like ours were. Phew.

For some reason I keep thinking McKenzie is involved with Celtic or Desmond, too...

I think, from memory, Dermot Desmond's company that McLennan was working for was something to do with the Irish Press, and involved emails being lost.