Your FOH pledge.

Whatever

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Independence said:

From BBC Scotland:

Hearts will not face face financial ruin should their relegation from the Scottish Premiership prove final.

The Tynecastle club were relegated from the Scottish Premiership on Monday after the season was ended early.

But they continue to consult clubs over their plan for league reconstruction with a view to avoiding demotion.

In the past week, there have been over 600 new pledges through Foundation of Hearts, while the club continue to have the backing of their benefactors.

:vrwow:

Modern journalism at its laziest - just copy & paste from a fans forum.

Can someone please start a thread about FoH having been scammed by a fake Nigerian prince, and all the money is gone ? 🧐

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Whatever

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

highlandjambo3
21 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Can we get some clarification on the 300/600 new members thing?

From what I can gather (read somewhere earlier) 300 new pledgers plus around 300 regular pledgers increasing their amount.  I believe to increase your dd you need to cancel your old direct debit and add your new amount so, it would be 600 NEW direct debits (300 newbies and 300 increased).....not 100% itk and happy to be corrected.

25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:vrwow:

Modern journalism at its laziest - just copy & paste from a fans forum.

Can someone please start a thread about FoH having been scammed by a fake Nigerian prince, and all the money is gone ? 🧐

Pathetic, isn’t it? With the exception of Tom English the BBC sport journalism is hopeless.

By the way, well played all new/increased pledgers!

21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

From what I can gather (read somewhere earlier) 300 new pledgers plus around 300 regular pledgers increasing their amount.  I believe to increase your dd you need to cancel your old direct debit and add your new amount so, it would be 600 NEW direct debits (300 newbies and 300 increased).....not 100% itk and happy to be corrected.

Thanks. Think that must be it. 👍

On a bit of a tangent, I’m not so sure about the cancelling the DD thing though. I think when I upped mine I just did it on the website, and chose a new amount. Don’t think I’m paying the two different amounts. Does the previous DD not stop automatically? I read someone saying that you have to contact your bank and cancel the DD. I don’t think that’s the case.

Hope that makes sense. Reading it back, it’s a bit messy! :lol:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, mintmyster said:

You do need to cancel your old DD. Can be done easily enough if you have online banking.

But does that mean my status as a founder FOH person from the start is lost?

Guest ToqueJambo

Have as much as I can in a Hearts emergency fund ring fenced for a one off payment in case needed (don't tell the wife). We didn't go through all that under Romanov to let things slip now, especially when it's not our own club's fault this time.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 20/05/2020 at 14:00, Ethan Hunt said:

Well done to all the new pledgers and those that have increased their current pledges. Once again the Hearts fans rise to the challenge. HHGH ❤️

One day we'll get proper credit in the media or even recognition from the people running Scottish football for it. By one day I mean never of course.

I'm sure everyone who reads this forum and I mean everyone, is extremely proud of the FoH.  Increasing subscribers by 600 during the lockdown is superb.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

On a bit of a tangent, I’m not so sure about the cancelling the DD thing though. I think when I upped mine I just did it on the website, and chose a new amount. Don’t think I’m paying the two different amounts. Does the previous DD not stop automatically? I read someone saying that you have to contact your bank and cancel the DD. I don’t think that’s the case.

I'm going to up my pledge now too. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this before I go in and do it. 

Independence
20 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm going to up my pledge now too. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this before I go in and do it. 

I have increased my own pledge a few times using this process. You do not loose anything. If you can....encourage friends/family to join and work with our benefactors to build up our contingency plan.

I upped my pledge & got an email confirming new amount. About an hour later I got another email stating my dd for the previous amount was cancelled. I am sure everyone who increases will get the same 2 messages - mine went into junk mail

1. Foundation of Hearts wants to set you up with a new subscription

Hearts Pledge

£22.00 on the 5th of each month

Starting on June 5, 2020

2. Your subscription of £11.00 on the 5th of each month to Foundation of Hearts for Hearts Pledge has been cancelled.

No further payments will be charged under this subscription.

glynnlondon

We have money of that there is no doubt

Argument to be made that we need more competent people in charge moving forward

Independence
7 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

We have money of that there is no doubt

Argument to be made that we need more competent people in charge moving forward

Of course we have the money. For now it's about 'unity' (please someone tell Mr Mackay) and thereafter 'lessons learned' !!!!

Independence
14 minutes ago, jarrennie said:

I upped my pledge & got an email confirming new amount. About an hour later I got another email stating my dd for the previous amount was cancelled. I am sure everyone who increases will get the same 2 messages - mine went into junk mail

Hearts Pledge

Starting on June 5, 2020

2. Your subscription of £11.00 on the 5th of each month to Foundation of Hearts for Hearts Pledge has been cancelled.

There is a separate thread on KB specifically for FoH. Most contributors don't have any issues. Try the thread I mentioned.

40 minutes ago, pablo said:

17 minutes ago, Independence said:

I have increased my own pledge a few times using this process. You do not loose anything. If you can....encourage friends/family to join and work with our benefactors to build up our contingency plan.

16 minutes ago, jarrennie said:

Hearts Pledge

Starting on June 5, 2020

Thanks chaps. That clears it up. I just did it through the website and then checked the wee section about your pledge. It showed that my pledge had changed to the new amount and I never thought anything else about it. Must have these same emails sitting somewhere, but I hardly ever check my personal emails these days. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, jarrennie said:

Hearts Pledge

Starting on June 5, 2020

Nope - I didn’t get this

I can double but not treble - I presume there is an admin contact?

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You definitely need to cancel

the old DD mate. I increased my pledge a few months ago and didn’t cancel the old one. I don’t realise I was paying two and discovered this when checking the bank for something else. It’s the only DD I’ve never failed to ask for a refund for though lol. I’m happy it was double payments for a few months 🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You definitely need to cancel

the old DD mate. I increased my pledge a few months ago and didn’t cancel the old one. I don’t realise I was paying two and discovered this when checking the bank for something else. It’s the only DD I’ve never failed to ask for a refund for though lol. I’m happy it was double payments for a few months 🇱🇻

Cool, cheers SJ, I’ll probably leave it a month then, and treat it as an extra one of payment. 👍

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Cool, cheers SJ, I’ll probably leave it a month then, and treat it as an extra one of payment. 👍

Yes the new amount comes off on the day you increase but the old one still comes off on the very day you set up your first pledge.  It’s not foolproof but in this case I was happy to let it run a few months before cancelling the old one. I think mine was the 5th and 9th of the month before I realised. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes the new amount comes off on the day you increase but the old one still comes off on the very day you set up your first pledge.  It’s not foolproof but in this case I was happy to let it run a few months before cancelling the old one. I think mine was the 5th and 9th of the month before I realised. 

Appreciate this is different thread, but are you closer to revealing what knowledge you and Selkirk have been going on about? 

9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll have a wee swatch at my cybermails and see what it says. Cheers. 👍

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Appreciate this is different thread, but are you closer to revealing what knowledge you and Selkirk have been going on about? 

You must’ve missed the activity this morning on the other thread MTS. My personal inbox crashed as a result 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You must’ve missed the activity this morning on the other thread MTS. My personal inbox crashed as a result 

Read the other thread but thought you were waiting on confirmation before posting anything. Wouldn't send you PM though as that seems a bit over top.

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Can you tie it down to a page no. on the thread.

Ta.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Read the other thread but thought you were waiting on confirmation before posting anything. Wouldn't send you PM though as that seems a bit over top.

Still waiting for confirmation. I don’t like to contact my source and badger him for info. He lets me have it when he gets it and I’m content to wait. 

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Can you tie it down to a page no. on the thread.

Ta.

I’m not even sure what thread it’s on buddy. But you’re a regular poster and if needs must you can pm me a mobile no 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Still waiting for confirmation. I don’t like to contact my source and badger him for info. He lets me have it when he gets it and I’m content to wait. 

No problem with that. Had started to read all mornings posts again in case I had missed anything due to my ranting and typing. 

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m not even sure what thread it’s on buddy. But you’re a regular poster and if needs must you can pm me a mobile no 

You are a popular guy.

Your inbox appears full.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Bringing back memories of my increase.

Odd feeling just letting the original debit fly, but a satisfactory one. 

japanjambo
Just now, Whatever said:

Thanks to @Walter Bishop for the nod

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

A club like no ther. So proud to be a part of it. #FOH #NevertooLate

gashauskis9
11 hours ago, Cigaro said:

A kids option would definitely be good. Though I appreciate, as SW says, it's hard to do. 

Would be a cracking idea.  Even a couple of quids worth of pocket money each month with the benefit of them seeing their name associated with something would attract a fair whack of subscriptions.  

When adversity rears it’s head, HMFC rally to the badge. More often than not we come back bigger and stronger than before as a result. FoH just gives us, the fans, a way of doing this directly.

22games nro

Reading the Facebook statement just fills me with immense pride, well done all 

AEC972A7-468A-4BF0-A37D-A8E7ED8671DE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Reading the Facebook statement just fills me with immense pride, well done all 

AEC972A7-468A-4BF0-A37D-A8E7ED8671DE.jpeg

Any chance of copying and putting on here, mate?

Vlad Magic

Whilst Hibs fans continue to rob their club blind, our fans step up to the plate AGAIN when the proverbial shit hits the fan.

Each and every person who puts into FOH deserves respect.

14 hours ago, Independence said:

Of course we have the money. For now it's about 'unity' (please someone tell Mr Mackay) and thereafter 'lessons learned' !!!!

I do think when Levein finally leaves Tynecastle for good that will be a huge divisive force gone!

I copied the FOH tweet and sent it to a few mates. On the back of this, one has started pledging again and another has set up a new pledge for his baby son.

Spread the word and try and get others pledging. It works. 👍🏻

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

japanjambo
Just now, Whatever said:

Any chance of copying and putting on here, mate?

Foundation of Hearts chairman Stuart Wallace has paid tribute to the supporters’ overwhelming response since football was halted, insisting: ‘Something special is happening’.
Since the SPFL suspended the game on March 13 due to the world health crisis, some 700 fans have either started new monthly pledges or increased their existing direct debits.
That includes around 400 transactions since the SPFL made the decision to curtail the Premiership and officially demote Hearts from the Premiership last Monday.
Wallace has been bowled over by the response of the legends in the stands, particularly given the uncertainty of the financial climate.
Stuart said: “The numbers are staggering. We’ve been blown away by it all and it is quite humbling to be perfectly honest. To be able to do that and support the club is fantastic.
“All we ever say to people is, ‘just pledge what you can afford’, that is the important message. Pledge what you can afford, but it’s clear something special is happening amongst the fans base.
“What we said at the outset was that we cannot expect to be unaffected by this, people would be put on furlough, some people may lose their jobs and certainly there would be a question over peoples’ financial situation. We expected we might take a bit of a dunt like everyone else.
“We’ve put the odd tweet out but we’ve not gone cap in hand to the supporters.
“It’s clear something very special is happening here. It feels like the fans are looking for somewhere to rally and the place they have chosen to rally behind, again, is the Foundation of the Hearts.
“Every month we’re passing over the thick end of £125,000 to the club, how many professional clubs in Scotland have that income stream right now? I don’t know but my suggestion is one.
“We actually got an uptake at the start so were able to pass on more money to the club in the previous month.
“My Foundation email is constant with people trying to reactive a pledge or start a pledge, whatever it might be.
“On the flip side, someone asked me how many had cancelled but with the amount of emails I’ve had that way, I could probably count them on both hands.”
While the pandemic has led to the postponement of current Hearts owner Ann Budge handing over her majority shareholding to the Foundation, Wallace also believes the incredible uptake in pledges is recognition that the supporters believe in the vision set out by the FoH.
Wallace added: “It has been massive validation for us in terms of what we stand for at the FoH.
“None of us saw this coming, the last thing we expected as we moved towards fans ownership was having to deal with what is effectively a world wide financial crash again.
“But the fans have rallied and it is clear that they fundamentally are buying into what we’re trying to do.
“We have board meetings over Zoom these days and Ann said in the last one, ‘Stuart’s about to tell you all about something special that is happening over at the Foundation of Hearts’. It’s great to hear that.”

8 minutes ago, japanjambo said:
Foundation of Hearts chairman Stuart Wallace has paid tribute to the supporters’ overwhelming response since football was halted, insisting: ‘Something special is happening’.
Since the SPFL suspended the game on March 13 due to the world health crisis, some 700 fans have either started new monthly pledges or increased their existing direct debits.
That includes around 400 transactions since the SPFL made the decision to curtail the Premiership and officially demote Hearts from the Premiership last Monday.
Wallace has been bowled over by the response of the legends in the stands, particularly given the uncertainty of the financial climate.
Stuart said: “The numbers are staggering. We’ve been blown away by it all and it is quite humbling to be perfectly honest. To be able to do that and support the club is fantastic.
“All we ever say to people is, ‘just pledge what you can afford’, that is the important message. Pledge what you can afford, but it’s clear something special is happening amongst the fans base.
“What we said at the outset was that we cannot expect to be unaffected by this, people would be put on furlough, some people may lose their jobs and certainly there would be a question over peoples’ financial situation. We expected we might take a bit of a dunt like everyone else.
“We’ve put the odd tweet out but we’ve not gone cap in hand to the supporters.
“It’s clear something very special is happening here. It feels like the fans are looking for somewhere to rally and the place they have chosen to rally behind, again, is the Foundation of the Hearts.
“Every month we’re passing over the thick end of £125,000 to the club, how many professional clubs in Scotland have that income stream right now? I don’t know but my suggestion is one.
“We actually got an uptake at the start so were able to pass on more money to the club in the previous month.
“My Foundation email is constant with people trying to reactive a pledge or start a pledge, whatever it might be.
“On the flip side, someone asked me how many had cancelled but with the amount of emails I’ve had that way, I could probably count them on both hands.”
While the pandemic has led to the postponement of current Hearts owner Ann Budge handing over her majority shareholding to the Foundation, Wallace also believes the incredible uptake in pledges is recognition that the supporters believe in the vision set out by the FoH.
Wallace added: “It has been massive validation for us in terms of what we stand for at the FoH.
“None of us saw this coming, the last thing we expected as we moved towards fans ownership was having to deal with what is effectively a world wide financial crash again.
“But the fans have rallied and it is clear that they fundamentally are buying into what we’re trying to do.
“We have board meetings over Zoom these days and Ann said in the last one, ‘Stuart’s about to tell you all about something special that is happening over at the Foundation of Hearts’. It’s great to hear that.”

😊 

Thank you.

15 hours ago, jarrennie said:

Hearts Pledge

Starting on June 5, 2020

I'd watch that carefully. 

I had been double donating for a few months with only the lesser amount showing on my dashboard. 

I only noticed when I was reigning in my expenses for being furloughed. 

Apparently  106 either new subscribers or increases recorded yesterday alone. 👏👏👏

jambo-in-furness

The best thing about this is the “snowballing effect”

Well done to all the new/raised pledgers

PLEDGE FOR LIFE.

15 hours ago, Cigaro said:

A kids option would definitely be good. Though I appreciate, as SW says, it's hard to do. 

I have sent Stuart a message this morning about setting up a pledge for u’18s with different reward scheme, new strip/mascot for the day etc. He has responded saying he will take it to the board on Friday. 

22games nro
5 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

I have sent Stuart a message this morning about setting up a pledge for u’18s with different reward scheme, new strip/mascot for the day etc. He has responded saying he will take it to the board on Friday. 

if given the go ahead I’m setting one up for my  granddaughter ( she’s 3 next month )

think there will be a lot of uptake with this.

0DD01C22-A8E9-4B2C-B470-CD4181218905.jpeg

4 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

if given the go ahead I’m setting one up for my  granddaughter ( she’s 3 next month )

think there will be a lot of uptake with this.

0DD01C22-A8E9-4B2C-B470-CD4181218905.jpeg

Totally agree I have 9 year old twin girls but don’t think they would really be interested in a plot of grass. I would definitely set up a new pledge for them on top of my own one even if it was only a fiver each.