• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Whatever

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

braveheart
4 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Get this idea emailed to the club. Excellent. Probably no response mind you. I emailed them once due to the issue of kids needing loyalty points. I couldn’t take my daughter to an away game as she hadn’t enough points. If a 11 year old girl wants to go to the game with her dad it should be made possible. Are they not the future of our club? They should have a small allocation for kids on a first come first get........just my opinion obviously (P.S - she’s been a season ticket holder since a month old and was only 2pts short at the time)

Not at the expense of someone who has already put a considerable amount of money collecting loyalty points.if she's already a season ticket holder and you take her to away games regularly she'll not have a problem getting tickets anyway.hope she's joining next years boycott of away grounds next season 😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The head in the sand approach has served us well so far tbf

I'd watch the news.

Circumstances have changed dramatically,  in house fighting,  really that will leave us all without a club. 

The woman is 72 she will not hang around forever,  had covid19 not struck I would be on your boat. 

But it has and things are very different again.

braveheart
2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It will be interesting to see the FOH statement on whatever our fundraising plan will be. Will there be a separate ring-fenced FOH ‘sub’ fund put in place specifically to cover our legal action? Or will there be a new general appeal asking for people to increase their Direct Debits (temporarily) to help the cause and for new members/lapsed members to get onboard?

Whatever is decided, I will be donating over and above my regular monthly contribution. This injustice MUST be challenged and if it takes court intervention, so be it.

Hope it's like a blue Peter appeal style ladder 😆

At this moment i am wondering if there's going to be a legal challenge and should i keep my money for that or put the cash into FOH of which i have been a member since the start.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So your 11 year old daughter gets a ticket and a guy with 50/60/70 loyalty points doesn’t?  That takes a bit of explaining. 

If you notice I put “small amount” in my post. 25 kids tickets don’t get used they go back to the “guy or girl” with the 50/60/70. The loyalty points scheme is flawed in so many ways and this is coming from someone who has never been affected by it as I’ve fortunately always had enough 

Ethan Hunt
5 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I agree. At this stage there should be a healthy tension between FOH and Budge eg holding her to account but I have seen no sign of that to date. Anything AB wants Stuart Wallace and co fall over themselves to provide. I get we are one but raising c£10m and pissing a lot of it away sticks in my throat.

You never raised the £10 million, you contributed to it. The fact that there are so few other contributors taking the same approach to you might suggest - while they indeed might not be happy - they have decided to support the club, especially at this critical time.  There is a time for complaining, and a time to man up and help get the club through a time that threatens our very existence. I’d suggest you are choosing completely the wrong time for your personal crusade.

Just as a matter of interest have you ever contacted the FOH and expressed your concerns? If so what was their reply?

Madjambo21
6 hours ago, Whatever said:

If you can afford to up it by a tenner a month or set up a new account for your Son or Daughter, which I will be doing today, what a message that would send to those who want us dead.

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/

Only Hearts.

Started to pledge again.

Only £10 at the moment but every little helps.

Cheers.

Hearts forever ❤

4 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Get this idea emailed to the club. Excellent. Probably no response mind you. I emailed them once due to the issue of kids needing loyalty points. I couldn’t take my daughter to an away game as she hadn’t enough points. If a 11 year old girl wants to go to the game with her dad it should be made possible. Are they not the future of our club? They should have a small allocation for kids on a first come first get........just my opinion obviously (P.S - she’s been a season ticket holder since a month old and was only 2pts short at the time)

I’ve emailed them about the junior pledging. I think it’s a fantastic idea. 

20 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

I can afford to up my subscription and renew my season ticket but I won’t until I have a clearer view on:-

1. Clubs vision/direction

2. When is Budge leaving

3. Who is in charge of the football team and recruitment (eg new manager)

And importantly the relationship between FOH (purchase timescales and current subs) and Budge.

if we had finished 11th we would be asking a lot more difficult questions re above.

I am not a troll. 

In the end does any of that matter? if ya support Hearts ya Support Hearts

Just now, Mdoug79 said:

I’ve emailed them about the junior pledging. I think it’s a fantastic idea. 

Nice one. Hopefully you’ll get a positive response 👍

WorldChampions1902
Just now, braveheart said:

Hope it's like a blue Peter appeal style ladder 😆

Joking aside,  you make a very good point.

Without wishing to ‘devalue’ the honourable actions by genuine Hearts supporters in recent days e.g. GoFundme, increased/renewed FOH subs, JKB fundraiser plans etc, it would be good to have one coordinated Funding mechanism which would not only illustrate its success (and promote/encourage more contributions), but would also demonstrate the strength of feeling amongst our fan base.  
Furthermore, we ideally want to avoid using any mechanisms that take a commission - every penny should go to the club.

If reports are accurate, Ann Budge met with FOH, SOH and reps from the various supporters groups yesterday (?) but as far as I know, nothing has been shared on Social media about what was said? So my take FWIW is that we ARE coordinating something for the fans to get behind. BUT nothing more can be said until RECON 2 has been formally rejected.

11 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Nice one. Hopefully you’ll get a positive response 👍

feel free to email also. The more people the more chance of getting it done. I think it has the potential to be massive. Even if the donations started at £1🤷🏽‍♂️ Gets the kids involved and more likely to continue to donate as they grow into adults 👍🏻 💰 

Paint the town maroon
10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You never raised the £10 million, you contributed to it. The fact that there are so few other contributors taking the same approach to you might suggest - while they indeed might not be happy - they have decided to support the club, especially at this critical time.  There is a time for complaining, and a time to man up and help get the club through a time that threatens our very existence. I’d suggest you are choosing completely the wrong time for your personal crusade.

Just as a matter of interest have you ever contacted the FOH and expressed your concerns? If so what was their reply?

“Man up” 😂😂😂 please.

Its not unreasonable to understand the basics around club ownership, the football

management and the player recruitment decisions. Covid-19 doesn’t have to be excuse of all excuses to bury our respective heads in the sand. We all get the magnitude. 

To make it real - am I going to fork out £1000 on season tickets right now or wait a little to understand more. I will take the latter approach.

Am I going to up my monthly subscription right now when I don’t know where the money is going directly. I will hold off until I do.

But I am fairly sure I will end up doing both at some time. 

Tell me - how else do we get our concerns over about the total shambles that AB has overseen in the past 18 months? 

Paint the town maroon
14 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

In the end does any of that matter? if ya support Hearts ya Support Hearts

I will always. It’s not black or white.

38 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Always Hearts was said by the late, great, Dave Mackay.

“For as long as I can remember all I wanted to do in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And to play for Scotland. I had no ambition for anything else, always Hearts”.

Always Hearts, like Dave Mackay, should never be forgotten.

Yes, and that’s great and I agree with him and like the slogan. I have always felt that way anyway. In this particular instance however, Only Hearts is a nod to not giving anything to the clubs that have tried to push us in front of the train.

8 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

“Man up” 😂😂😂 please.

Its not unreasonable to understand the basics around club ownership, the football

management and the player recruitment decisions. Covid-19 doesn’t have to be excuse of all excuses to bury our respective heads in the sand. We all get the magnitude. 

To make it real - am I going to fork out £1000 on season tickets right now or wait a little to understand more. I will take the latter approach.

Am I going to up my monthly subscription right now when I don’t know where the money is going directly. I will hold off until I do.

Tell me - how else do we get our concerns over about the total shambles that AB has overseen in the past 18 months? 

Support the club.

Don't support the club.

Quite simple.

I know a lot of people want to be right and show they know most about football. 

Lone Striker
40 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m a bit stuck as I cannot seem to log on..... forgot login and password details, have e mailed a couple of times now but no reply.  

Send email to FoH - sounds like you typed your email address wrongly when you signed up - Ian MacLeod will  sort it out for you.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Only one person on this planet of 8 billion people can decide if I am a Hearts supporter and that is me.

Well that’s unanimous then, never have never are & never will ....... 

The words “Heart of Midlothian we’ll support you ever more” have not passed your lips!

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hearts have no divine right to money.  Agreed

If the club fold in the legal battle the club will be getting bugger all from me and I will be cancelling my FoH pledge.   ??????

Maybe I'm reading your last sentence wrongly Geoff - but if we go into admin as a result of legal action costing more than we can afford, why would you stop your FoH pledge ?      FoH is  pretty much the only vehicle (apart from hostile takeover activity by the likes of Ron Gordon) which could bring the club out of admin.  In these drastic  circumstances, would you just be leaving it to other fans to facilitate the rescue ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Maybe I'm reading your last sentence wrongly Geoff - but if we go into admin as a result of legal action costing more than we can afford, why would you stop your FoH pledge ?      FoH is  pretty much the only vehicle (apart from hostile takeover activity by the likes of Ron Gordon) which could bring the club out of admin.  In these drastic  circumstances, would you just be leaving it to other fans to facilitate the rescue ?

You read it wrong. I'm saying if we don't take action after reconstruction is rejected then I would cancel.

Lone Striker
28 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

“Man up” 😂😂😂 please.

Fully understand your points.  And they would  be valid points regardless of who was on the Hearts board or who the major shareholder was - even after FoH take control of the BidCo shares.     As regards your last question, social media and email make it easier than its ever been to let those in "power" know what you feel.  There's been polls on here to guage how people feel about various things (Levein, McPhee, Budge, 4 year contracts etc) - all these can be quoted in mails to Stuart Wallace and Ann Budge. If loads of us did it, I'm pretty sure they'd get the message.  I also think Ann Budge has been aware of the shambles for at least the last 9 of these 18 months

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You read it wrong. I'm saying if we don't take action after reconstruction is rejected then I would cancel.

Ahhh ok - good man, with you on that train. 👍

Ethan Hunt
42 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

“Man up” 😂😂😂 please.

You could start be answering the question I asked you. Did you email the FOH to express your concerns and if so what was their reply?

Ethan Hunt
51 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

QVDBTXxR_x96.jpeg

Plenty of banter from fans of other clubs this past couple of days. Absolutely no problem with that - all part of the game. Meanwhile, yesterday and so far today, we have had more than 70 new pledges. Best banter of all. #pledgeforlife

It will soon be 71 as my Mrs is going to sign up.

Ethan Hunt
40 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes, and that’s great and I agree with him and like the slogan. I have always felt that way anyway. In this particular instance however, Only Hearts is a nod to not giving anything to the clubs that have tried to push us in front of the train.

I get it. I’m just keen that some people don’t see it as a replacement👍

I've been on the same amount from the start .

Suppose I better up it.

Being honest it's a bit grudged as will be my season ticket when purchased.

We really need to sort out the football department though and prioritise that.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

QVDBTXxR_x96.jpeg

Plenty of banter from fans of other clubs this past couple of days. Absolutely no problem with that - all part of the game. Meanwhile, yesterday and so far today, we have had more than 70 new pledges. Best banter of all. #pledgeforlife

Good to see many more are coming in board aswell as many increasing there pledge 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well that’s unanimous then, never have never are & never will ....... 

The words “Heart of Midlothian we’ll support you ever more” have not passed your lips!

Never sing that song it is the most loserish, defeatist, negative song in football

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Never sing that song it is the most loserish, defeatist, negative song in football

Being honest and confessing is good? What does i8hibsh stand for? 
Let me guess, 

i I

8 hate

h Hearts

i I

b belong

s supporting 

h Hibs 

????????

You’ve been fun (but not a lot of fun), it’s time to come out!

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Being honest and confessing is good? What does i8hibsh stand for? 
Let me guess, 

i I

8 hate

h Hearts

i I

b belong

s supporting 

h Hibs 

????????

You’ve been fun (but not a lot of fun), it’s time to come out!

Intensely miserable, misanthropic, attention whores gonna do what intensely miserable, misanthropic attention whores do.

22games nro
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m a bit stuck as I cannot seem to log on..... forgot login and password details, have e mailed a couple of times now but no reply.  

sorry been at work, 

did you email them on       [email protected] 

My username and password were already saved so was easy for me.

good luck 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

feel free to email also. The more people the more chance of getting it done. I think it has the potential to be massive. Even if the donations started at £1🤷🏽‍♂️ Gets the kids involved and more likely to continue to donate as they grow into adults 👍🏻 💰 

Yeah I will do. Will keep you updated if I get a response. HHGH

highlandjambo3
10 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

sorry been at work, 

did you email them on       [email protected] 

My username and password were already saved so was easy for me.

good luck 

Hi,

yes, it was an old work e mail I was using, that’s what the issue was.  Sorted now, thanks.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Eh........ clearly you are on the lash early.

FOH just said on Twitter there's now 105 new pledgers, well done to the new pledgers! It's incredible the support Hearts/FOH are getting in these times and it makes me feel a lot more confident in the future of the club no matter the external outcomes for the next 6/7 months.

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

FOH just said on Twitter there's now 105 new pledgers, well done to the new pledgers! It's incredible the support Hearts/FOH are getting in these times and it makes me feel a lot more confident in the future of the club no matter the external outcomes for the next 6/7 months.

A quick update on the earlier post about new pledges. Goodness me, yesterday and so far today the total has now reached 105. It’s in the stars! #pledgeforlife

WorldChampions1902
58 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
A quick update on the earlier post about new pledges. Goodness me, yesterday and so far today the total has now reached 105. It’s in the stars! #pledgeforlife

Fantastic! Well done to all concerned. Fingers crossed that momentum gathers if and when Recon 2 is formally rejected.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Great effort. Time to put aside the mistakes of the past few years (I'm sure lessons have been learned) and get behind the club.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

brilliant.

would also be good to know the number of pledgers that have upped their monthly pledges also. A good few I’d think

5 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Yeah I will do. Will keep you updated if I get a response. HHGH

So that didn’t take long. Received email response from Stuart Wallace within hours, great to see the quick response. Here’s the reply guys. 

Hopefully a junior pledge starting are of £1 or £2 and some sort of junior rewards scheme can be done. Let’s get more pledges started!! HHGH

70455C04-D6D7-4887-AAB1-31B88615B2EF.jpeg

kingantti1874

Upped my pledge, I’d prefer reconstruction and if not legal action but I won’t be changing my pledge no matter what..

individuals will come and go, their policies will come and go but the only thing I care about is having a hearts to watch with my kids.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Upped my pledge, I’d prefer reconstruction and if not legal action but I won’t be changing my pledge no matter what..

individuals will come and go, their policies will come and go but the only thing I care about is having a hearts to watch with my kids.

👍

Brilliant thread.  In fact we're brilliant at everything except playing bloody football.  That won't last though.

We will be back with a vengeance.

PapaShango

Re-started my pledge that I cancelled around Xmas time for financial reasons. Only a tenner a month but every little helps. 

12 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

So that didn’t take long. Received email response from Stuart Wallace within hours, great to see the quick response. Here’s the reply guys. 

Hopefully a junior pledge starting are of £1 or £2 and some sort of junior rewards scheme can be done. Let’s get more pledges started!! HHGH

70455C04-D6D7-4887-AAB1-31B88615B2EF.jpeg

Excellent work. Hopefully we’ll get something sorted. 👍👍👍