• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Morgan

• Last Laff

jack D and coke

Back to the ex players for coaches...coaches who haven’t really succeeded anywhere else they’ve been. 

Hearts fans really are a weird bunch. Just cannot let go of the past. 
I still believe Stendel will be great for us if he wants to stick around. It wasn’t all great but I do believe he walked into an utter shitshow without his men around him.
It’ll feel like we’ve been robbed of a great chance if he goes. 
Personally hope he hangs around. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I tend to agree particularly as the COVID crisis is likely to mean that there are lots of coaches/player who will be looking for work. We need to more pragmatic our last 3 appointments have been based on very little.

Cathro was appointed because he was CL mate. Never in a million years would have been considered for job if he wasn’t CL’s mate.

We then appoint CL based on his office being down the corridor.

Stendels appointment was pretty strange as well. Didn’t want to come and had to be forced to start straight away. Its never appeared like any party was committed to each other. It was strange appointment in reality, the only reason it was so well received was due to the absolute numpties we were being connected with. Albeit I think someone like McCall would have got us out this mess but that would be a really disappointment appointment,.

I have no idea what we’re looking for in a manager and I don’t think the club do either if I’m honest.

I like Robbo and I don’t think it would be a terrible appointment but if he wasn’t Robbo, no way he would be connected to the Hearts job based on his track record. Well not the managers one anyway. We need to start judging things by information not emotion imo.

Can’t disagree with any of that tbh mate.  Robbo wouldn’t get near the Hearts job much as I love the wee man if he wasn’t such a legendary player. 
Levein is the biggest factor in all this and his weird hold over Ann Budge. 
Catfished us all and some a lot longer than others. 
The fans that want to take us right back down the ex player/roundabout of pish Scottish manangers that ken the leagues likesay

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I want him to stay as I have faith in him. 

It's the playing squad that needs gutted. 

I want to be on board but do you think a bunch of part time cloggers care about gengenpress or whatever the **** it is called.  We will be trying to be the Harlem Globetrotters and these guys will be Peter Kay in the John Smith adverts.  "Have it!".  I really think it will fall on it's arse.

Marty Byrde
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Back to the ex players for coaches...coaches who haven’t really succeeded anywhere else they’ve been. 

I still believe Stendel will be great for us if he wants to stick around. It wasn’t all great but I do believe he walked into an utter shitshow without his men around him.

Robbo is routinely mentioned and that is a mistake IMO.

Take his managerial record and apply it to Mr A N Other and nobody would want him near the job.

Stendel should stay. We've just sorted out his backroom team, eventually, and he has some real latitude for success in the championship here. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

Take his managerial record and apply it to Mr A N Other and nobody would want him near the job.

Stendel should stay. We've just sorted out his backroom team, eventually, and he has some real latitude for success in the championship here. 

Being successful in the Championship is no achievement whatsoever.

Marty Byrde
Just now, David McCaig said:

I know, so DS will have no problem skooshing it and get us back into the SPL with some momentum.

👍

I voted stay if we stay up and move if we go down. I dont believe Stendel's style of play is suited to the Championship. If we play a high press Championship teams will just sit in and play long balls over the top of our backs with a pacey forward to exploit the space. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Yep. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

I know, so DS will have no problem skooshing it and get us back into the SPL with some momentum.

👍

Yep👍🏼

ToadKiller Dog

I get the default position that people take when times are hard ,get a proper hearts man in.

But I still think we made a good progressive appointment in Stendel certainly for the scottish game .

His style should blow away the championship sides if he has the right quality of player to play that way .

More important though is a sense of purpose and attitude, that was a big reason why we went straight back with such a points total last time.

The injustice we feel should have us doing that .

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

“Long enough” is 17 games. Jesus

I know it is not a long time but IMHO when you come in to a team that were in the state we were in, you DO NOT lose your first game and you build from there.  You also need the ability to put some players against a wall and i don't think that is Stendel's MO

Mid Calder Jambo
23 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I get the default position that people take when times are hard ,get a proper hearts man in.

But I still think we made a good progressive appointment in Stendel certainly for the scottish game .

His style should blow away the championship sides if he has the right quality of player to play that way .

More important though is a sense of purpose and attitude, that was a big reason why we went straight back with such a points total last time.

The injustice we feel should have us doing that .

You make some very valid points but in Scotland all you need are claggers in your team to survive.  Look at Hamilton, Ross County and St Cheatin Bassa's they have taken us apart this season with a set of hammer thowers.  We need players for next season, if we are in the Championship, that hit first and ask questions later.  It won't necessarily be pretty but it can be effective in Scotland.  I don't really care about pretty football i care about Hearts winning at any cost.

Scottie Wanshot.
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So long? 11 games. Without a defence? Who should’ve he have played?

he should have played with a solid back 4, the players couldn't play high press football, and it certainly wasn't the time to try something new at that time of the season.

Hearts1975

Stay and stay 

just feel that he needs more time and given that time could be really good for us 

He was dealt a poor hand courtesy of CL and it was never going to be a 3 month fix 

I just don't see how a man who's gave up his wages to help the club, is in two minds if he's staying on or not, regardless of the division we're playing in. 
The very same manager who already has a promotion under his belt.

If the club want him(can afford him) he'll stay on.

Just listening to the boys in maroon podcast with Jim Jefferies and what stood  out in relation to current circumstance, "I've always said it takes at least a year to build your own Team/Squad capable of winning games" or words to that effect.

DS has had 17 games.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

he should have played with a solid back 4, the players couldn't play high press football, and it certainly wasn't the time to try something new at that time of the season.

He was brought in to play that style, Budge knew that. If being bottom of the league isn’t a time to try something new when is? We don’t have a solid back four do we? Levein had them sitting on the 18 yard line away from home especially, did it work? Not won outside Edinburgh in over a year,

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, droid said:

I just don't see how a man who's gave up his wages to help the club, is in two minds if he's staying on or not, regardless of the division we're playing in. 
The very same manager who already has a promotion under his belt.

If the club want him(can afford him) he'll stay on.

Just listening to the boys in maroon podcast with Jim Jefferies and what stood  out in relation to current circumstance, "I've always said it takes at least a year to build your own Team/Squad capable of winning games" or words to that effect.

DS has had 17 games.

Absolutely.

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

100% this. The squad he inherited had absolutely no clue how to adopt his style of play and its taken a while to click - but he's worked round it, tried different methods and I think has eventually started to get it working at times. Granted our last few results weren't the best, but we were starting to look better and scored more goals in those few games than we had all season! We just conceded too many due to:

1) a leaky midfield because of a lack of a solid ball-winning centre mid (Sibbick being fit may have changed this); 

2) a sh*te goalkeeper

3) an overwhelmed defence because of points 1 and 2  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

You make some very valid points but in Scotland all you need are claggers in your team to survive.  Look at Hamilton, Ross County and St Cheatin Bassa's they have taken us apart this season with a set of hammer thowers.  We need players for next season, if we are in the Championship, that hit first and ask questions later.  It won't necessarily be pretty but it can be effective in Scotland.  I don't really care about pretty football i care about Hearts winning at any cost.

Pressing teams is all about hitting teams hard and winning the ball back, all our best teams have done it, with hard hitting players all through the team, they go hand in hand.

A_A wehatethehibs

Finding it difficult to understand the level of support Stendel seems to have, I think a lot of folk are just trying to stay behind him and hope he proves that the initial clamour to get him in was correct. Sometimes fans stubbornly won't admit being wrong. He was the fans choice for manager that was the clear poll at the time. 

The same thing happened with Cathro if you remember, its often forgotten that a huge percentage of Hearts fans stayed behind him for months. Thought somehow he'd get a few players in and his master plan to dominate with free flowing football would come together.

I got pelters after making a thread in Feb of that year after we played Partick from folk who said "he's not had enough time you pantwetter, only 10 or 11 games, look at the Rangers 4-1 performance" but some of us knew Cathro was not up to it, there were clear communication issues very early on, but other fans kept on supporting and staying behind him to the extent that he was "given the summer" which folk wanted, and are now saying exactly the same thing about Stendel, "give him the summer". Stendels win rate at Hearts is quite close to Cathro so it's not an entirely unfair comparison. He has not won games. The big thing Stendel has in his favour is that the team were already losers when he took over so he's got more of an excuse to hide behind.

My view is, the absolutely hapless disorganised shambolic embarassment that was the first 10 minutes of that home 2-2 draw against injury-hit Hamilton was enough in just 10 minutes of football, for me to see clear communication issues between management and players. Most important game of the season, No plan, nervous, lack of concentration, low energy, totally unprepared for a tough scrap which all the fans knew we'd be in for. The preparation for the game had clearly been alarmingly wrong. And the required desire was still not there even though we got a huge slice of luck with the red card. That Hamilton side are no better than Dundee or Caley Thistle who we will face in the championship. And that last game against St Mirren as well, we had it within our grasp not to be in this position but another dreadful effort and fully deserved painful defeat. There's quite a weighty list of other poor performances / results as well, plus the whole keeping Pereira is also well documented. 

Whoever our squad is, I think it's essential the feeling of anger and injustice the fans have needs to be communicated to them very effectively and channelled in the right positive way, next time players in a Hearts shirt take to the pitch. I think we may actually be at that time where, we need someone in who has the affiliation with the football club. One of our own. Too many of these players simply have not had the proper education on the meaning and importance of playing for Hearts.  

I was going to make the case for other managers but this post is long enough, this is simply the case against Stendel, not the case for any particular other specific manager to come in. Stendel's remit was get wins, get us up the table. It's not worked. 

From what I can tell, the case for Stendel appears to be, "he inherited a mess and only had half a season, therefore give him the summer, he will do a good job and the championship will be walk in the park". I'm not as opposed to Stendel as I was toward Cathro or Levein in recent times, if he stays I'll back him to hopefully turn it round and get us motoring, but I definitely have serious concerns and if it were my call there'd be a new man at the wheel.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Finding it difficult to understand the level of support Stendel seems to have, I think a lot of folk are just trying to stay behind him and hope he proves that the initial clamour to get him in was correct. Sometimes fans stubbornly won't admit being wrong. He was the fans choice for manager that was the clear poll at the time. 

The same thing happened with Cathro if you remember, its often forgotten that a huge percentage of Hearts fans stayed behind him for months. Thought somehow he'd get a few players in and his master plan to dominate with free flowing football would come together.

I got pelters after making a thread in Feb of that year after we played Partick from folk who said "he's not had enough time you pantwetter, only 10 or 11 games, look at the Rangers 4-1 performance" but some of us knew Cathro was not up to it, there were clear communication issues very early on, but other fans kept on supporting and staying behind him to the extent that he was "given the summer" which folk wanted, and are now saying exactly the same thing about Stendel, "give him the summer". Stendels win rate at Hearts is quite close to Cathro so it's not an entirely unfair comparison. He has not won games. The big thing Stendel has in his favour is that the team were already losers when he took over so he's got more of an excuse to hide behind.

My view is, the absolutely hapless disorganised shambolic embarassment that was the first 10 minutes of that home 2-2 draw against injury-hit Hamilton was enough in just 10 minutes of football, for me to see clear communication issues between management and players. Most important game of the season, No plan, nervous, lack of concentration, low energy, totally unprepared for a tough scrap which all the fans knew we'd be in for. The preparation for the game had clearly been alarmingly wrong. And the required desire was still not there even though we got a huge slice of luck with the red card. That Hamilton side are no better than Dundee or Caley Thistle who we will face in the championship. And that last game against St Mirren as well, we had it within our grasp not to be in this position but another dreadful effort and fully deserved painful defeat. There's quite a weighty list of other poor performances / results as well, plus the whole keeping Pereira is also well documented. 

Whoever our squad is, I think it's essential the feeling of anger and injustice the fans have needs to be communicated to them very effectively and channelled in the right positive way, next time players in a Hearts shirt take to the pitch. I think we may actually be at that time where, we need someone in who has the affiliation with the football club. One of our own. Too many of these players simply have not had the proper education on the meaning and importance of playing for Hearts.  

I was going to make the case for other managers but this post is long enough, this is simply the case against Stendel, not the case for any particular other specific manager to come in. Stendel's remit was get wins, get us up the table. It's not worked. 

From what I can tell, the case for Stendel appears to be, "he inherited a mess and only had half a season, therefore give him the summer, he will do a good job and the championship will be walk in the park". I'm not as opposed to Stendel as I was toward Cathro or Levein in recent times, if he stays I'll back him to hopefully turn it round and get us motoring, but I definitely have serious concerns and if it were my call there'd be a new man at the wheel.

Agree with a lot of this , next time we are looking for a manager please just go for a safe pair of hands, someone who knows Scottish Football, there is always a clamour for the guy “whose not afraid of the old firm “, this never works, ever.. we could get Guardiola and he’s not catching Celtic, not on our budget, i can’t stand Tommy Wright, but that is the level and experience of manager we should be going for (not him perse ) , but a manager who knows Scottish Football with a good contacts book, no more gambles projects or managerial philosophies please

I keep hoping someone will suggest Ian MacCall as a new manager so that I can respond with... 'Could do a job......by'.

Stendel for me with a few players from his homeland. Assuming we have any games to play.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

I keep hoping someone will suggest Ian MacCall as a new manager so that I can respond with... 'Could do a job......by'.

Stendel for me with a few players from his homeland. Assuming we have any games to play.

Ian McCall might be a good fit for the position.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Last Laff said:

Tom English saying he doesn’t think Stendel is coming back and should go for Robbo or Wright. 

Where's he saying this? The question i have is why would his assistants leave good established jobs if they all jump ship this early? 

Mind you, maybe they've seen some of the shittips well be visiting next season

gorgieheart
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Tom English saying he doesn’t think Stendel is coming back and should go for Robbo or Wright. 

Wright is a horrible bitter piece of pure dugsh@te...!

Robbo, is it the best  time for him  ?

Not sure who else , but really cant see DS being in charge the next time we kick a ball in anger.

20 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Where's he saying this? The question i have is why would his assistants leave good established jobs if they all jump ship this early? 

Mind you, maybe they've seen some of the shittips well be visiting next season

On the bbc sportsound podcast.  Have his assistants got jobs now is another question as English seems adamant Stendel is out of contract. 

21 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Wright is a horrible bitter piece of pure dugsh@te...!

Robbo, is it the best  time for him  ?

Not sure who else , but really cant see DS being in charge the next time we kick a ball in anger.

I agree with all that.  I would go all out in trying to get Robinson at Motherwell. 

ford donald
33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He is usually always right,GM says he wants Wright.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

On the bbc sportsound podcast.  Have his assistants got jobs now is another question as English seems adamant Stendel is out of contract. 

Technically he is yeah. It was a contract for the premier league with both parties able to rip it up and now isn’t valid. 
I’ve got a feeling he’ll stay tbh. Nothing more than a hunch but we’ll see. 

Edited by jack D and coke

bean counter

I want Stendel to stay but I don't think he will.

Some of the performances were shocking but some you could see what he was trying to get over and his "style" of football made me look forward to going to games again.

I don't want Wright and I'd be worried Robbo would not work and don't want to legend to get tarnished

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Technically he is yeah. It was a contract for the premier league with both parties able to rip it up and now isn’t valid. 
I’ve got a feeling he’ll stay tbh. Nothing more than a hunch but we’ll see. 

👍 good man. If he does stay he deserves 100% backing and I’m sure he will. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍 good man. If he does stay he deserves 100% backing and I’m sure he will. 

Absolutely man👍🏼

I've put not sure .

On both .

Just because I'm not basically.

It's been hard going the last few years.

I could do with just arguing who was better in midfield and citing goals as evidence I was right.

Hearts can be a right basket case at times.

Werner Herzog

I'll back him if he stays (which I highly doubt he will anyway), but i personally i think it will be a fool's errand for all parties concerned for a variety of reasons.

I'm also alarmed at the level of 'he inherited a mess' as an excuse for the abject failure he subsequently produced. Yes he was dealt a bad hand both in terms of what he inherited & when he was brought in, but Persisting with Pereira, bringing in 2 absolute duds & playing a natural frontman in a deep role was all his doing. As was the abject opening minutes against Accies & that abomination of a performance against the Midden. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if those performances came under Levein?

He seems like a decent guy & I appreciate the gesture of him not taking a wage these past couple of months, but his remit was to keep the club up & as harsh it might sound given the current situation scottish football finds itself in, he failed. There is obviously an argument to be made that we still could have saved ourselves had the season played out, but if we all cast our minds back to the night of the 11th March, how likely did it seem then? Not at all for me. 

It is a pity it has played out like this as there were signs that he could have been a great Hearts manager. Starting afresh in the Premiership without the current baggage & it might have worked. Going into the championship with the scars of the past 6 months, I can't see how it will. 

Highlander

I'm fairly ambivalent about Stendel.

Although we still had some lamentable performances under him, I genuinely think we had began to turn a corner and there were glimmers of hope in the several victories against Rangers and Hibs. 

I think the big issue if we are in the Championship will be his affordability. He drove a hard bargain when he joined us and I think the cost attached to his remaining may be out of our price bracket. 

Adam_the_legend

Stay and stay for me but tbh I don’t think who we have as manager is the most important hire for Hearts. Doesn’t matter how good our manager is if the fundamentals of the club are flawed. Don’t want to start an argument but we need a new CEO to make better decisions. 

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

I'll back him if he stays (which I highly doubt he will anyway), but i personally i think it will be a fool's errand for all parties concerned for a variety of reasons.

I'm also alarmed at the level of 'he inherited a mess' as an excuse for the abject failure he subsequently produced. Yes he was dealt a bad hand both in terms of what he inherited & when he was brought in, but Persisting with Pereira, bringing in 2 absolute duds & playing a natural frontman in a deep role was all his doing. As was the abject opening minutes against Accies & that abomination of a performance against the Midden. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if those performances came under Levein?

He seems like a decent guy & I appreciate the gesture of him not taking a wage these past couple of months, but his remit was to keep the club up & as harsh it might sound given the current situation scottish football finds itself in, he failed. There is obviously an argument to be made that we still could have saved ourselves had the season played out, but if we all cast our minds back to the night of the 11th March, how likely did it seem then? Not at all for me. 

It is a pity it has played out like this as there were signs that he could have been a great Hearts manager. Starting afresh in the Premiership without the current baggage & it might have worked. Going into the championship with the scars of the past 6 months, I can't see how it will. 

Getting back to Pereira maybe there was a clause in his move from Man United to say that he had to play every week or we would have to pay x amount of extra wages to him, that's my take on this because he was terrible most of the time.

http://96freunde.de/naechster-rueckschlag-fuer-den-kult-hannoveraner/

Daniel Stendel is one of the few cult Hanoverians, so the connection between the state capital of Lower Saxony and the 46-year-old is correspondingly great. Stendel also has an above-average positive standing among fans. In the total of 241 games on the sidelines (24 of them as coach of the first team) and the 219 games as a professional from Hannover 96 (199 as professional players), he mostly left very positive memories. Now he has to cope with another setback ...
Stendel worked from the interim coach once the head coach of Hannover 96 high. In the 15/16 season he was promoted to coach the U19, a throw into the cold water. In the past few weeks he has not been able to avert relegation, but nevertheless he went into league two. In 25 games, 96 collected 46 points under his leadership (on average 1.84 points per game), the climb was absolutely within the limits of the possible. With a 0-0 draw at FC St. Pauli on match day 25, the Reds cemented their place in the promotion race (fourth place), the gap to then leaders Union Berlin was only four points after the match day. One was already mentally prepared for the upcoming top game against Union Berlin next Saturday, but the surprising break occurred shortly before. Hannover 96 separated from Stendel,

Hannover 96 has one goal this season: the direct return to the 1st Bundesliga. We must subordinate all decisions to this goal. Daniel Stendel took on the role of head coach in a difficult phase almost a year ago and sparked euphoria around the club. We didn't take the decision lightly, but after the results and appearances of the team in the past few weeks we were forced to take this step

Despite a good starting position, Daniel Stendel had to make way at Hannover 96
His dismissal was very controversial and caused resentment among the fans. Similarly, it was the beginning of the era width tab . The separation came as a surprise for Stendel as well, but he was unable to gain a foothold in the following season 17/18. Only in June 2018 did he find another job, at Barnsley FC in the English League One. Here he blossomed and established a new team around the ex-96 Mike Steven Bähre. In 46 games he took a sensational 91 points and ended up with his team in second place in the table. Stendel became a rising hero, "There's only one Daniel Stendel" choir established on the island.

Despite various tactical changes during the summer break (including the transfer of ex-96 keeper Sahin-Radlinger), the streak of luck in the second-highest division promptly broke. After only eleven game days, the club management was forced to act, Stendel was again put out the door. At the time, the bottom line was only six points and the 23rd place in the table. Incidentally, the team currently only occupies 24th place in the table and the move back to the third division is virtually sealed. One can argue about the meaningfulness of the dismissal, similar to the time at 96.

In contrast to the first dismissal, there was no long break this time. At the end of December 2019, Stendel was introduced as a new coach by the Scottish first division club Heart of Midlothian FC. However, there was a parallel to the first half of the season at Barnsley: The success failed to materialize. The absolute highlight of the Scottish tour was the 2-1 home win against the Glasgow Rangers, but there was nothing more to celebrate. In 14 games he scored only eleven points, the logical consequence was relegation to the last place in the table. Now the next shock for Stendel: Instead of being able to really attack again in the fight for relegation, the step into league two must now be taken. The reason is the corona pandemic, due to which the Scottish Football Association has broken off the league. The current table counts, Celtic Glasgow is therefore champion, Stendel's traditional club has to be in second class. After calculating an average of points, the Hearst only missed four points to the saving bank, with eight games remaining, it would have been a feasible undertaking. The four-time champion wants to appeal against the association's decision, relegation would be fatal. A new mud fight could develop around Daniel Stendel and his Hearts, a quiet coaching career definitely looks different. His contract currently runs until May 31, 2022, but how it will go on with a final relegation is still in the stars. The four-time champion wants to appeal against the association's decision, relegation would be fatal. A new mud fight could develop around Daniel Stendel and his Hearts, a quiet coaching career definitely looks different. His contract currently runs until May 31, 2022, but how it will go on with a final relegation is still in the stars. The four-time champion wants to appeal against the association's decision, relegation would be fatal. A new mud fight could develop around Daniel Stendel and his Hearts, a quiet coaching career definitely looks different. His contract currently runs until May 31, 2022, but how it will go on with a final relegation is still in the stars.

Do you fancy more Hannover 96?

Get the free 96 app for Android and never miss any news: Go to the "96 News" app

Follow friends on Instagram : This is the way!

Edited by flem

Rocky jamboa

I be happy him staying but reckon he will be on a decent wage. Next season may be more about trimming the wage bill, which would mean losing him along with boyce, naismith etc. 

Neverforgetfiveone
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's a tricky one. Stendel's persistence in playing spaghetti hands, when it was obvious to everyone that the lad's confidence was shot to pieces, no doubt cost us a number of points. But with the stench merchants leaving in a few days, and the chance to hopefully replace much of the dross, does he deserve to stay on ? Does he even want to leave his homeland,  a country in a much better state than the UK at this time ? More questions than answers for me just now.

As for Robbo ? I can see the appeal of bringing him back, but I would hate to see him fail and suffer the obvious backlash. It would hurt to see a legend suffer. 

On the other hand, he may be just what the place needs and what we need to get us up (if we go down, that is....)

Undecided!

I think with a blank canvas he would do really well. 

22games nro

I bet he is the only person in Scottish football forgoing his full wage just now 

I think he gets us and given the time I think he will come to be very good for us.

It should have been ten
22 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I bet he is the only person in Scottish football forgoing his full wage just now 

I think he gets us and given the time I think he will come to be very good for us.

This 👍🏼

I think the critics of Stendel need to re-appraise the conditions of his appointment. 

The club and JKB got really excited about the prospect, went into a drawn out negotiation and proceeded to (a) give him a contract, (b) not give him his own team, (c) keep Levein and McTosspot on the payroll and involved in the club and (d) provide very limited transfer budget. Stendel was given everything he needed to fail. 

We need to eat our own dog food. That's the truth. Anyone expecting a turnaround should not have been expecting a turnaround. Is that clear?

TheGoodLord
On 19/05/2020 at 09:14, Holyrood_Hearts said:

“Long enough” is 17 games. Jesus

The absolute bare minimum after 17 games would be to have us in a better position than when he took over from CL. We’re in a worse position (don’t have table to hand maybe someone can show comparison). 

Edited by TheGoodLord

Hagar the Horrible

For me he pretty much is gone if we go down,  well ok then, bye?  The waiting to see if we are down yet or not, worries me that AB has not already started looking elsewhere?  she took too long getting rid of Cathro, Way too long to get rid of CL and even longer to appoint DS.  She is taking too long going to court, and we are still waiting on some kind of reponse regarding the DR threat to have us all stabbed?  Unless she is sure reconstruction will work?  DS will stay? and its a police matter regarding the DR image?  and CL will hopefully has cleared his desk.  Things just take too long? 

The plus side is DS is niot getting paid just now.........in the good guy section just now?

highlandjambo3

DS has been very quiet over the last few weeks (unless there is info posted somewhere else).  I’d imaging he is completely dumbfounded at the circus panning out in front of him.  I’d imagine keeping his head down for the foreseeable.

Francis Albert

Difficult one especially if we are in the lower tier, where my first instinct is to appoint a manager with experience of managing there or at least in the lower regions of the top tier.

If in the top tier I would stick with Stendal but be prepared to make a reasonably early switch (for a change)  if it is not working. 

But basically not sure and am surprised the poll shows 90% are sure. Well not really … most are irrationally sure they are sure about most things ... me included.