• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Morgan

• Last Laff

Scottie Wanshot.
4 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

I think he should move on, all this high pressing drivel, fine if you are scoring goals but, we've seen the result if the back door is left open, and as for that excuse for a goalkeeper we got on loan from Man Utd, he should have been dropped after one game, I'd take Robbie Neilson back, he knows how to win in the Championship league.

agree

He is a luxury we can ill afford and a luxury that gives us little in return. However, all I care about is Budge buggering off. Still have my doubts that we will sever all ties with Levein and the hippy. I would not even trust our squad of losers to come straight back up either.

Captain Canada

I'd like him to stay regardless but I'd we do go down then I can't see it happening for a) financial reasons and b) the uncertainty over when our next match will be. 

What happens if we can't play until December? Half a league season, assuming no teams go bust and with no chance to build a decent squad. He's already given up his salary so I doubt that will seem like an exciting prospect long term. 

I have my doubts whether there will even be a Championship season 20/21. Closed doors games don't add up financially for clubs with no TV deal, no league sponsor and no gate receipts but an entire squad and staff's wages.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a luxury we can ill afford and a luxury that gives us little in return. However, all I care about is Budge buggering off. Still have my doubts that we will sever all ties with Levein and the hippy. I would not even trust our squad of losers to come straight back up either.

Mrs Budge caught you up to mischief, didn’t she?

Just now, Morgan said:

Mrs Budge caught you up to mischief, didn’t she?

Yup. I shouted "fiddle sticks" at a game last season.

Tennant's  6's
3 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Bit conflicted on this.

I like the guy.

There were a few games when we looked good.

And there were times of promise.

But there were far more games where we were out fought & out thought and defended shockingly.

The decision to stick by the Man U goalie was a huge mistake and the last performance at Paisley was abysmal.

I don't think he should be kept on if we are expelled as we can't afford him, he has basically failed his objective ( albeit under challenging circumstances ) and his tactical approach doesn't seem to work against industrial type football teams.

That's the problem, it did look at times as though he was turning things around, then we'd get a bloody awful performance/ result. 

He was quick too see some problems like Berra & Whelan and improved Clare & Moore, but the all out attacking approach made us easy to counter with long punts up the park against our CB's with no pace.. 

I know that Hartley failed at Falkirk,  but he wasnt the only one, I think that he would be another hands on training ground coach like Stendel, but with a better understanding of the game here..

Edited by Tennant's 6's

Will cost a fortune to get rid of him. Is there anything we have not wasted money on since Budge came in? Geniune question.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Will cost a fortune to get rid of him. Is there anything we have not wasted money on since Budge came in? Geniune question.

The stand?

Two stays for me.

Make a change now after barely 4 months in charge when Levein and Co got time and time again to “turn it around” , would be ludicrous. It’s bewildering the amount of fans who don’t counter in the factors and environment DS walked into. 

Hopefully with a more settled club, wholly his own backroom team and his daily work with largely his own players, we’ll get back on the right road.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The stand?

It was over twice the budget and for the money it is not great.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It was over twice the budget and for the money it is not great.

Goodnight.

:) 

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Suffering from Lockdownitis are we?

Hectormasson
44 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

has to be Robbo.

He may be good enough at 1st div level the wee man ,  but I'd worry at a higher level with him ,   wee need  someone  at  a higher level , how we get him god knows let's see if stendel stays.....

Robbo is a dreadful coach. Embarrassing people even suggesting him, not surprised tho as someone suggested Jim Duffy. Stendel I hope stays, hell work wonders with us if he gets the opportunity to fix the wrongs of the last three and a half years. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nope. Our players talk too much and deliver too little.

Liam Boyce is one of them is he?

26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Robbo is a dreadful coach. Embarrassing people even suggesting him, not surprised tho as someone suggested Jim Duffy. Stendel I hope stays, hell work wonders with us if he gets the opportunity to fix the wrongs of the last three and a half years. 

What makes him dreadful out of curiosity?  

What makes you also think Stendel will work wonders? Based on what? 

Oddly bizarre post. 

Scottie Wanshot.
43 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

He may be good enough at 1st div level the wee man ,  but I'd worry at a higher level with him ,   wee need  someone  at  a higher level , how we get him god knows let's see if stendel stays.....

dont want Stendel here, how could he have played Pereira for so long, and lost so many goals, and played without a defence,  suicide.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

dont want Stendel here, how could he have played Pereira for so long, and lost so many goals, and played without a defence,  suicide.

Yes you def got a point there ...

Scottie Wanshot.
8 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

I'm amazed at the above figures.

Wrong appointment for me. Things were looking promising at the turn of the year but results & performances nosedived february onward & some of his team selections have been baffling. The Rangers & Hibs games were outliers. Our last game against the Midden was also unforgivable (you can't just blame the players on the pitch for that).

Also, look at the players he brought in. 2 of the 4 were serious duds. Up there with the very worst Levein has brought in. 

Get Robbo in. Knows the championship & loves the club. A sentimental choice maybe, but the thinking outside the box approach has led us to this point. A safe pair of hands are needed.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That's the problem, it did look at times as though he was turning things around, then we'd get a bloody awful performance/ result. 

He was quick too see some problems like Berra & Whelan and improved Clare & Moore, but the all out attacking approach made us easy to counter with long punts up the park against our CB's with no pace.. 

I know that Hartley failed at Falkirk,  but he wasnt the only one, I think that he would be another hands on training ground coach like Stendel, but with a better understanding of the game here..

Ask Falkirk fans fans about Hartley. Levein x 10. Guy was a total disaster there. They are still paying for his disastrous time there. What makes you think he would be better at us?

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

So long? 11 games. Without a defence? Who should’ve he have played?

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, jager man said:

Ask Falkirk fans fans about Hartley. Levein x 10. Guy was a total disaster there. They are still paying for his disastrous time there. What makes you think he would be better at us?

He got rid of their youth system to use the money for the first team, short sighted at best.

Not sure how to create a new topic,  so sorry if this is not appropriate here.

Hows about Tommy Wright for managing us out of the Scottish  Championship?  He has a proven record in managing St Johnstone on shirt buttons after all.

2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

has to be Robbo.

Absolutely , exactly what we need at this time , a Hearts man through and through to guide us out of the darkness. DS will still have my backing if he stays on 

Georgecowie

I hope he stays and clears out everyone not willing to commit to his philosophy. Would like a patching up with Berra if in the championship, seeing as he's our player we may as well utilise him. Kind of goes against the philosophy argument but what a leader he could be for us. Very unlikely and fitness dependent though. Get him to stick with the striker and win the header or play a quick pass away, none of that being isolated on the ball shenanigans. 

Ive voted not sure for both scenarios.

I was excited to see what he (stendel) could do upon his arrival here, I heard alot of positive things and the Barnsley fans sure talked him up alot. I really like his style of play and i would just like to say that i have big respect for him for not taking a wage during this time. Class guy. However I've got to say that on the pitch I've yet to be convinced that he is definitely the man for the job, He certainly hasn't had that much of an impact yet despite the two wins versus sevco and the win at easter road all being very good of course, However for the vast majority of his time here so far we have been very poor, Now whether that is due to having inherited leviens squad and all the negativity that has come with that? I'm not really sure?

I think he could do well if we are going to be in the championship next season and he gets to bring in his own team and gets rid of some of the high earners who haven't contributed much, Then i can only see us getting promoted. However i could also say that about just about every other manager who could be appointed at hearts? So my question is is that really taking us forward? To the next level? I mean if i was to ask you the question right now that if hearts somehow were to remain in the premiership next season, Would you be confident of Daniel stendel getting us in the top 4? where i assume most fans want us to be? For me i wouldn't be Imo But thats not to say that he couldn't surprise me and we end up finishing second.

For me its a complete 50/50 with this guy and im not sure if we should take the gamble or not? I also heard his wages are quite high ? If thats the case then can we afford him in the championship? Also i think we need to remember that he might not want to manage us at a lower level? I suppose we will get our answer from him very shortly.

I suppose to sum things up i wouldn't be devastated if he was to stay but at the same time i also wouldn't be gutted if he left. Its a 50/50. Perhaps we shouldnt take a chance like that and go with someone that would unite the fans like a robbo or someone else?

Who knows eh ? Its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Austin MacGlee
15 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

I'm amazed at the above figures.

Wrong appointment for me. Things were looking promising at the turn of the year but results & performances nosedived february onward & some of his team selections have been baffling. The Rangers & Hibs games were outliers. Our last game against the Midden was also unforgivable (you can't just blame the players on the pitch for that).

Also, look at the players he brought in. 2 of the 4 were serious duds. Up there with the very worst Levein has brought in. 

Get Robbo in. Knows the championship & loves the club. A sentimental choice maybe, but the thinking outside the box approach has led us to this point. A safe pair of hands are needed.

This is where I'm at.

I don't think his philosophy is compatible with beating teams in the championship. We'll be playing against 11 men behind the ball and he struggled to break them down in the premier. We'll be a big scalp and the biggest club to beat down there, teams won't let us just roll them over with pressing football because they'll be more than happy for us to have all the possession.

Robbo for me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Liam Boyce is one of them is he?

He’s one of our players, yes

He’s yet another nice guy who is probably a brilliant coach, and like many coaches and decent players before him, he just hasn’t fitted in to Scottish Football. Its inexplicable but it happens often.

Move on costs us nothing. Get Robbo and Hartley on one year deals and see how they do

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Costs nothing to get rid of him. He is out of contract because of what happened yesterday 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Costs nothing to get rid of him. He is out of contract because of what happened yesterday 

Are we 100% sure he has one? No-one seems to know for sure who has a relegation clause and who doesn't.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

How due to our unfair expulsion his contract is null and void according to his agent. Doesn't sound like someone seeking damages. 

Voted to move him on as he’s pretty much been a failure in his short spell. Would back him if he stayed as I quite like him but he’s partly to blame for this mess. 

Tennant's  6's
7 hours ago, jager man said:

Yeah, I get that. Although did Houston not struggle in his final season there & MacKinnon didn't last long either. 

In an ideal world I think that Stendel would've been a good appointment,  but it just seems like right place, wrong time for him..

Hartley has done well elsewhere, maybe he needed the Falkirk failure 'to learn from'. I don't that our options will be great given the uncertainty right now, but a Robbo or a Hartley would re energise the place & rid the club of the lethargy & stagnation of the Levein yrs..

Who knows, I just want Hearts to get their identity back, to play with some pride & passion & to actually try to win games

I’ve been thinking about this (voted not sure for both yesterday).

If I could rewind I’d not appoint him. No doubt he inherited an absolute cluster, and I really do like the guy but to back Periera the way he did and to set us up by having very poor players play a high press was just suicide.
Im really conflicted but when push comes to shove I think he was the wrong appointment at the time. We needed someone in as soon as that charlatan Levein was sacked. Someone like Robinson if appointed immediately would in my opinion have had us safe 

PapaShango

His decision to stick with the nightmare in goals from Man U is what has got us relegated IMO. The boy was a disaster and cost us more than 4 points over the season. Off the top of my head I can think of Hamilton away, St Johnstone away, Killie at home, Celtic away as games where he chucked it in. The boy was hopeless and everyone could see it in the ground. That alone should be enough to see Stendel not come back. He's just not right for the club and hasn't a clue about Scottish football. His signings in January were a disaster in what was the most important transfer window for years. The decision not to sign a new keeper then sealed it for me. 

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are we 100% sure he has one? No-one seems to know for sure who has a relegation clause and who doesn't.

His agent quoted yesterday as saying Daniel doesnt have a contract if Hearts are not in the top league 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

I think he’s done fantastically with ICT with zero budget, he’s get us playing and scoring goals I’ve no doubt.. 

at a higher level, I don’t think there’s any evidence at all that he couldn’t do it.. he’s never had the chance

PapaShango
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’s done fantastically with ICT with zero budget, he’s get us playing and scoring goals I’ve no doubt.. 

at a higher level, I don’t think there’s any evidence at all that he couldn’t do it.. he’s never had the chance

This is where I am, think he has more experience than the last time he was here and a more stable club upstairs. Don't forget he had us playing some great stuff the last time on top of all the interference with Romanov. 

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve been thinking about this (voted not sure for both yesterday).

If I could rewind I’d not appoint him. No doubt he inherited an absolute cluster, and I really do like the guy but to back Periera the way he did and to set us up by having very poor players play a high press was just suicide.
Im really conflicted but when push comes to shove I think he was the wrong appointment at the time. We needed someone in as soon as that charlatan Levein was sacked. Someone like Robinson if appointed immediately would in my opinion have had us safe 

I agree, and I was very much pro Stendel and against Robinson..

I’ll admit it - I think I called that wrong..

I still believe Stendel could have been great if appointed at the right time and probably has a higher ceiling than Robinson. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

This is where I am, think he has more experience than the last time he was here and a more stable club upstairs. Don't forget he had us playing some great stuff the last time on top of all the interference with Romanov. 

Agree - he was getting some decent results And I enjoyed the football.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree - he was getting some decent results And I enjoyed the football.

Plus the fact it's Robbo will swell good will for the man and IMO give the club the bounce it needs. I might be biased because of the love I had for him as a player but would love to see him in the dug out for us. 

Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would move on now because he had long enough to change things around and failed miserably 

“Long enough” is 17 games. Jesus

Holyrood_Hearts
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No, we’ve over-spent on absolutely everything under her watch. A 5 year long shit-show of negativity.