Stendel Poll

kingantti1874

Would you keep Stendel   

1,069 members have voted

1. 1. If we are in the championship

2. 2. If we are in the premiership

There are plenty of things to consider before we should make a decision

Finance has to be an issue re salary

His track record is not good enough to convince us all and it was only when he changed that we started a semblance of improvement

His signings have not been inspired

His goalkeeping selection was terrible and considering he had an assistant who was a goalkeeping coach even more surprising

However we have changed managers too often for me and he was only in charge a short time ... there were matches where you thought this might work.

If he stays he will have to make a good start next season, he'll need to improve his signing track record, he'll need to release or 'let go' the right players and he will need to continue to adapt his playing style

Most importantly he has to want to stay and not just because it's a job (and of course those in charge will have to want him to stay).

He made a grand gesture re salary and that should be recognised but you cannot just keep him on because of that

If he goes I've already stated who I think should replace him if we could get him and time to go Dutch.   MDV would tell you that.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Morgan

• Last Laff

SM Sheffield

Stay x2 if the club can afford to keep him. If not then we should go for the best person available for the job and not just a sentimental appointment.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would move on now because he had long enough to change things around and failed miserably 

Had time to change an almost entire squad since he arrived has he? Must've missed that. Working with a squad full of players that were signed to play in a completely different way/style for the previous management? Aye, easy to turn round. I said when Stendel came in it would take around 18 months to turn things around, i stand by that. Also he needed to change the mindset of players he wanted to keep, get rid of no-marks and sign who he wanted. We have four keepers that would seem to not be good enough, that his fault? We needed a striker, we brought in Boyce. Sibbick was decent. Avdijaj and Langer were never long-term. His mistake was not bringing in a centre-half which I'm sure would've been addressed in the summer. This was a manager who came in and was shocked at the condition of the players remember, that is fault aswell? He improved some youngsters as well as Clare and even Bozanic. He'd got rid of a few wasters already with more to follow. No-one can say he's failed until he had his own training regime put fully in place, with his own coaches, his own transfer window with players brought in that he wants and not having Levein and McPhee hanging about in the background like a bad smell. Levein's brought loads in during transfer windows. There's the real failure. If anyone wants to point the finger then they are pointing way in the wrong direction.

Probably nonsense but keep hearing he is off - mutal agreement and a replacement had been approached 

Repeat it’s probably nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Probably nonsense but keep hearing he is off - mutal agreement and a replacement had been approached 

Repeat it’s probably nonsense. 

Paul Hartley?

HillmanHearts

Bit conflicted on this.

I like the guy.

There were a few games when we looked good.

And there were times of promise.

But there were far more games where we were out fought & out thought and defended shockingly.

The decision to stick by the Man U goalie was a huge mistake and the last performance at Paisley was abysmal.

I don't think he should be kept on if we are expelled as we can't afford him, he has basically failed his objective ( albeit under challenging circumstances ) and his tactical approach doesn't seem to work against industrial type football teams.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

We're gonnae need him after this shite has settled.

The fact DS has an escape clause really fecking annoys me. No commitment from the off(imo) and he didn't need to bother his arse if it went tits up, as he'd be able to disappear. Makes me question if he did some of it on purpose, so it did go tits up.

But hey... Let's bring Robbo hame, galvanise the support together and get fecking intae the lot of feckers.

The clause is two way.   We wanted it to.  I am not too sure if it would look good if we used it to remove him, whilst saying our expulsion is unfair.   

I suspect he will leave though, and it will be mutual.  

Edited by Paolo

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Oh that's a much nicer post,  we are after all Hearts minded in our own way and we all want the best outcome for Hearts, so does that mean we can be on the same side again? I hope so, now I'm away for ma tea.

👍

I voted stay for both. I’ve not been overly enamoured with results since he came in, but I’m hoping he’ll turn it around. If he leaves now, I’ll forever wonder if it was a missed opportunity.

I dont think I would sack DS for now, but if he decided to move on I would like to see Steve Robinson given the job if he will come.  Cant see Neilson coming back as I dont think we done enough to keep him, McCann has no real experience and Robertson, as much as I love the wee man, perhaps not yet.  I do agree that any one of them would be welcomed with open arms at the Castle.  Now that it has been called lets wait to see what DS and AB do before we start drawing up lists.

To any unwashed looking in, YOU WILL NEVER GET TO 10 ON THIS RUN AS 25% WILL ALWAYS BE MISSING. Thats a big fat asterisk (******** & 75%) caveat after number nine.  Enough points were available for you to be caught and overtaken, no matter how unlikely it might be in your biggoted wee brains.  Send popcorn teeth an abacus to work it out for himself, I hate that life form, (cant call him human can you !!).

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There are plenty of things to consider before we should make a decision

Finance has to be an issue re salary

His track record is not good enough to convince us all and it was only when he changed that we started a semblance of improvement

His signings have not been inspired

His goalkeeping selection was terrible and considering he had an assistant who was a goalkeeping coach even more surprising

However we have changed managers too often for me and he was only in charge a short time ... there were matches where you thought this might work.

If he stays he will have to make a good start next season, he'll need to improve his signing track record, he'll need to release or 'let go' the right players and he will need to continue to adapt his playing style

Most importantly he has to want to stay and not just because it's a job (and of course those in charge will have to want him to stay).

He made a grand gesture re salary and that should be recognised but you cannot just keep him on because of that

If he goes I've already stated who I think should replace him if we could get him and time to go Dutch.   MDV would tell you that.

To be fair to him, on the goalkeeper front, they are all dreadful.  Monta sure why we never signed one.  

Edited by Paolo

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gary Mackay wants Tommy Wright

Better manager than Levein,  but is a real moaner, who’s football is dreadful. 

Psychedelicropcircle
12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gary GTF that wank is not hearts class

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

A real moaner.

He would be welcome on Kickback. 

15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well if there is one manager who would split the support it's him

I won't be back to watch if he gets the job for sure.

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

To be fair a better manager than Levein is a pretty broad description. Probably covers 99.9% of managers world wide.

Ainsley Harriott
37 minutes ago, kila said:

Not right now because he's forgo it to save the club. And if he were to stay, his salary would likely be reduced because it would be a new contract if we are to be in the 2nd tier (though throw in a big win bonus of promotion to balance it out).

Guess I depends what other options he has on the table maybe I the UK or Germany. His stock cant be very high just now though.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

To be fair a better manager than Levein is a pretty broad description. Probably covers 99.9% of managers world wide.

True. Not a high bar to set.

As things stand in the poll there is a big majority wanting him to stay. I’m surprised at this. Despite Stendel being a likeable character there is little evidence that he will bring success to Hearts. There were a few good results but in general we didn’t move forward under his leadership and a lot of it resembled the situation under Levein - some dodgy signings, strange team selection and poor tactics in the key games against bottom six teams. He didn’t make the necessary impact and won’t next season either. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

Perhaps a Hearts job with no Levein looking over his shoulder would be quite attractive to him

Sorry for my tone I had just been arguing with others. Robinson would be a good option, maybe should’ve went for him in December, but the compensation would be a stumbling block, the scouts and whoever looks after their youth academy would be good too. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

From 10th to 7th was all that was needed short term ! If stendall was able to do similar short term we wouldn't be in current situation 

Yes but if you had swapped them I’m sure they results would’ve been the same, what he was left with was so damaged it was practically beyond repair. Once Stendel got his tactics across and also adapted them slightly he easily got the better of Jack, and they only had about three chances when they beat us in December.

Ethan Hunt
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You think stendals been a success ?

What I think it that - contrary to what you think - he hasn’t had enough time to turn things around.

The football side of the club was a cluster from top to bottom. He had to address that as well as trying to get a tune out if a squad that had performed at a poor level for 18 months previously.

There were undoubtedly signs of improvement, albeit not at the pace we’d have all liked, and required, due to the monumental feck up that was in place before he took over. To say he’s had enough time is frankly outrageous. 

I was surprised that with his lack of experience he was appointed. OK he’s got

the gig give him a chance perhaps his lack

of experience is offset by his coaching

skills and philosophy...... no, total failure!

The current situation gives both parties the opportunity to part company with no loss of face!

NB poll results :- more want him in the Premier than Championship! If he’s not good enough for the championship how can he be good enough for the premier? Odd!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

We focused on fitness and possession, while still scoring a shitload of goals. I think you're more taken with the idea of Stendel than the evidence so far. Why on earth would we play the high press against part-time hoofball merchants? It's absurd. Deny them the ball and build from the back and the chances will come. Then have good enough strikers to score at that level against the mostly terrible goalies. It's not rocket science. Maybe Stendel can do it but I'm basing my view on what we saw. he was far too slow to change his style and was definitely too slow to change the goalie.

D Utd gave the job initially to Laslo who had got us 3rd and he failed. They turned to someone who knew how to get promotion and he did the job. That's obviously what Robbo would bring. His football in his brief spell in charge was actually pretty good. Definitely more forward-thinking.

And who gives a shit about "style" anyhow. Promotion is all that matters. Neilson has twice shown how to do it with two different clubs. He did the same thing each time. Sign goalscorer and better players in every position across the team, make them fit, and have a gameplan. We're even better equipped than Utd were last season.

Deny them the ball and build from the back is what he wanted to do as part of his plans, you’re right though I am taken by the idea of pressing. 
His biggest mistakes was not dropping JP, getting another GK and not putting Smith back to RB. The problems were caused by having three crap GKs, needing Smith to play elsewhere and not having wriggle room wages wise, and not having the time whilst trying to get the squad fit and implement his tactics to make the changes necessary. All those problems were caused by his predecessor.

United is not a good comparison because they are currently running a 133% wage to turnover ratio.

I remain unconvinced by Robbo but admit that the likelihood is he would outscore opponents, get us up and need replaced around Xmas 2021. As I said up there he would also unite the fans and say the things we want to hear, but that’s it’s a bit crap to do this to ICT considering they voted No and also deserve compensation.

Selkirkhmfc1874
35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What I think it that - contrary to what you think - he hasn’t had enough time to turn things around.

The football side of the club was a cluster from top to bottom. He had to address that as well as trying to get a tune out if a squad that had performed at a poor level for 18 months previously.

There were undoubtedly signs of improvement, albeit not at the pace we’d have all liked, and required, due to the monumental feck up that was in place before he took over. To say he’s had enough time is frankly outrageous. 

You weren't obviously watching alot of the games I was then ! Last game against st lie down , not one shot on target for instance 

Ethan Hunt
22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You weren't obviously watching alot of the games I was then ! Last game against st lie down , not one shot on target for instance 

How many games under Levein could same be said?  I suppose you want to just forget the games against Rangers, Hibs, and games were we showed  improvement like Motherwell, or a bit dig like against Hamilton.

What were you expecting from Stendel, a fecking miracle? The man has not had time to sort things out. He may have faults, but your comment said he’d had enough time, and he hasn’t, simple as that.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How many games under Levein could same be said?  I suppose you want to just forget the games against Rangers, Hibs, and games were we showed  improvement like Motherwell, or a bit dig like against Hamilton.

What were you expecting from Stendel, a fecking miracle? The man has not had time to sort things out. He may have faults, but your comment said he’d had enough time, and he hasn’t, simple as that.

Levein was a disaster but we not talking about levein here ! Look across the city they brought in a manager to get them away from the bottom and he done that, stendell failed to do that and had enough games to do it but lost against the likes of Hamilton, st lie down , st johnstone etc etc 

Technically he can sign for anyone now that he's out of contract. He could very well be in other employment by the time we get to thinking about playing football again.

Barring a handful of good games his reign has been largely shite. I won't be worried if he's not coming back.

Ethan Hunt
23 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Levein was a disaster but we not talking about levein here ! Look across the city they brought in a manager to get them away from the bottom and he done that, stendell failed to do that and had enough games to do it but lost against the likes of Hamilton, st lie down , st johnstone etc etc 

They hadn’t been ingrained with negative football by their previous manager, we had. They also didn’t have a squad who had been performing at the level we had, for as long a period as we had. Look at their results and performances during the same time period and it was nothing like as bad as hours. Stendel had to change a whole culture. There was enough improvement there to show he could have done that and been successful. That takes time, the one thing you aren’t prepared to give him. How long would you give a new manager, six months? Then what? The next one six months? Get a grip.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

They hadn’t been ingrained with negative football by their previous manager, we had. They also didn’t have a squad who had been performing at the level we had, for as long a period as we had. Look at their results and performances during the same time period and it was nothing like as bad as hours. Stendel had to change a whole culture. There was enough improvement there to show he could have done that and been successful. That takes time, the one thing you aren’t prepared to give him. How long would you give a new manager, six months? Then what? The next one six months? Get a grip.

As said previous you've obviously not been watching same games as me and I was at every single game stendel was in charge of ! Like the guys passion etc but not got the confidence he the guy for Hearts but that's just my opinion 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The relevance of a town in India has, unfortunately, bypassed me.

:) 

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gary Mackay talks Tommy Wright.

Get wee Robbo in.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Gary Mackay talks Tommy Wright.

Get wee Robbo in.

i wouldn’t object to Robbo in the Championship - but we seem to be stuck in a ****ing time warp. Why can we not move on from the same faces? Are we really that devoid of inspiration.

No offence to Robbo, he’s a good guy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As said previous you've obviously not been watching same games as me and I was at every single game stendel was in charge of ! Like the guys passion etc but not got the confidence he the guy for Hearts but that's just my opinion 

Stendel is definitely a coach who needs a pre season and the right squad. His football is very specific in a technical sense

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ok. I obviously wasn’t at the same games as you, like you’d know what games I was at. For your information I was at every game. I maybe look at things differently from you though. I could maybe see that it wasn’t going to change over a short period of time. That the culture at the club was rotten. That some of the players attitude was disgraceful. That some of the players lacked the basic fitness levels to compete with what should have been inferior opposition. That they had a negative playing style ingrained into them from the previous management. That the fans had turned against a lot of the team as a result. I think you’ve forgotten just how bad things were when he took over.

Liam Boyce said a few days ago that he wants Stendel to stay. Maybe because he thinks Stendel is the man for the job, if he’s given time.

If you look at the poll results thus far you by far in the minority. You’ve attempted to base your argument on him having enough time, and that, quite frankly is really not the case. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ok. I obviously wasn’t at the same games as you, like you’d know what games I was at. For your information I was at every game. I maybe look at things differently from you though. I could maybe see that it wasn’t going to change over a short period of time. That the culture at the club was rotten. That some of the players attitude was disgraceful. That some of the players lacked the basic fitness levels to compete with what should have been inferior opposition. That they had a negative playing style ingrained into them from the previous management. That the fans had turned against a lot of the team as a result. I think you’ve forgotten just how bad things were when he took over.

Liam Boyce said a few days ago that he wants Stendel to stay. Maybe because he thinks Stendel is the man for the job, if he’s given time.

If you look at the poll results thus far you by far in the minority. You’ve attempted to base your argument on him having enough time, and that, quite frankly is really not the case. 

No-one can deny that he was asked to take on the biggest bunch of losers in our history and a squad with zero talent when it comes to playing decent football. This isn’t Stendel’s fault.

On a separate note, what the players think should be totally irrelevant. Disregard their opinions completely. And ideally, get rid of 99% of them.

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No-one can deny that he was asked to take on the biggest bunch of losers in our history and a squad with zero talent when it comes to playing decent football. This isn’t Stendel’s fault.

On a separate note, what the players think should be totally irrelevant. Disregard their opinions completely. And ideally, get rid of 99% of them.

Is Boyce one of the 99%?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Is Boyce one of the 99%?

No, I’d keep him. And Hickey (although he’ll have to be sold). Other than that, cheerio.

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, I’d keep him. And Hickey (although he’ll have to be sold). Other than that, cheerio.

Well given you’d like him to stay you obviously rate him. If you rate him it might be worthwhile to listen to his opinion.If his opinion is he wants Stendel to stay then you maybe want to consider his opinion. In my opinion 😎

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well given you’d like him to stay you obviously rate him. If you rate him it might be worthwhile to listen to his opinion.If his opinion is he wants Stendel to stay then you maybe want to consider his opinion. In my opinion 😎

Nope. Our players talk too much and deliver too little.

Scottie Wanshot.
7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would move on now because he had long enough to change things around and failed miserably 

he was responsible for trying to play high prees football, and playing Pereira, that's what sent us down.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

he was responsible for trying to play high prees football, and playing Pereira, that's what sent us down.

No, the complete abdication of duty by Budge is what sent us down. 

Scottie Wanshot.
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Stendel has played a part in situation we are in had plenty of time to turn it around thankfully we have a get out clause 

never should have signed him.

Scottie Wanshot.
7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

agree

Scottie Wanshot.
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, the complete abdication of duty by Budge is what sent us down. 

wrong manager big time.

Scottie Wanshot.
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll back him if he stays, but...

I voted move on, twice. I want Robbo as manager.

has to be Robbo.