Stendel Poll

kingantti1874

Would you keep Stendel   

1,069 members have voted

1. 1. If we are in the championship

2. 2. If we are in the premiership

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Trying to ignore the elephant in the room and discuss something else 

Intrigued as to the fans views on Daniel and whether it differs depending on division..

i can’t help but like the guy, but really not sure on whether he is the right man to take us forward, especially if we end up in the championship 

If in Premiership I would keep Stendel but for Championship I would Get Robbo. He knows the Championship & the Club.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Morgan

• Last Laff

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am mixed on this.  He would certainly bring us together, and won’t find a bigger Jambo candidate, but would we be wanting him, based on record alone, if he wasn’t who he was?

We're gonnae need him after this shite has settled.

The fact DS has an escape clause really fecking annoys me. No commitment from the off(imo) and he didn't need to bother his arse if it went tits up, as he'd be able to disappear. Makes me question if he did some of it on purpose, so it did go tits up.

But hey... Let's bring Robbo hame, galvanise the support together and get fecking intae the lot of feckers.

Edited by ri Alban

Guest ToqueJambo

I like Stendel but I really hope we're on the phone too Robbo asap as soon as we're in the Championship for sure, or even if reconstruction somehow happens.

Stendel showed some signs he could bring attacking football to the team and get results and performances against the better teams. He very definitely didn't show he could do that against the teams we really had too beat. We can cut him some slack for injuries to players he brought in that seemed very good signings - Sibbick and Boyce - but he did also benefit from having someone like Steven Naismith available for the longest period for a while, plus Washington and Walker back. In terms of improving players, Halkett declined under him and only Clare really improved. His overall signing record in January was very much 50/50.

I'd be OK with him staying for the Championship but I'd be much more confident and relaxed with someone like Robbo who knows the score down there.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just not convinced he would be the right fit if we need someone to do a job like Robbie Neilson in the Championship.

Either am I but I don’t see anyone else out there that’s much better.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Either am I but I don’t see anyone else out there that’s much better.

Robbo is very clearly much better if our aim is fast promotion.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Werner Herzog
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am mixed on this.  He would certainly bring us together, and won’t find a bigger Jambo candidate, but would we be wanting him, based on record alone, if he wasn’t who he was?

We might not be wanting him if we were a premiership club. But a championship one? Absolutely.

Pasquale for King

It’s a bit shit on ICT if we poach their manager considering they didn’t vote to demote us, compensation would be required too. I’m not convinced the wee man would be the right choice if Stendel goes, but he would speak for the fans and knows the club and that league.

Silvery_Moon

Jury was out on him as far as I'm concerned. Didn't do enough to convince me he is the man to take us forward. Stay if we stay in the Premier but move on if we are in the Championship as we must come up at the first attempt. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robbo is very clearly much better if our aim is fast promotion.

ICT were distinctly average when I’ve seen them and have no clue how to defend, they should’ve lost ten to Hibs a few months back and lost 8 goals in two games last season. They’re record last season wasn’t great either but I know they haven’t got much cash. Not convinced that’s all.

ToadKiller Dog

Yeah let's poach the manager from one if the few clubs that has actually shown us support .

That would go down well.

No Robbo isnt right at this time .

Stick with Stendel  if he says he wants to stay ,somthing that needs decided quickly whatever happens in the battle over expulsion. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

ICT were distinctly average when I’ve seen them and have no clue how to defend, they should’ve lost ten to Hibs a few months back and lost 8 goals in two games last season. They’re record last season wasn’t great either but I know they haven’t got much cash. Not convinced that’s all.

Robbo has done well with them, and he has a decent record before that. What exactly is it about Stendel that fills you with confidence for a season in the Championship? 

He would have to abandon or at least seriously tweak his whole footballing approach as high pressing is absolutely not the way to win that league. We saw very clearly how teams with no interest in playing football can easily combat it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

will-i-am-a-jambo

I voted with my heart with him to stay in the championship (think it would be good for him to learn how the Scottish game is) but go in the premiership (not convinced with his performance since Jan). My head says the opposite will happen.

I think he should move on, all this high pressing drivel, fine if you are scoring goals but, we've seen the result if the back door is left open, and as for that excuse for a goalkeeper we got on loan from Man Utd, he should have been dropped after one game, I'd take Robbie Neilson back, he knows how to win in the Championship league.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Robbo has done well with them, and he has a decent record before that. What exactly is it about Stendel that fills you with confidence for a season in the Championship. He would have to abandon or at least seriously teak his whole footballing approach as high pressing is absolutely not the way to win that league. We saw very clearly how teams with no interest in playing football can easily combat it.

How did we win it last time? Sitting back and hitting on the break? Most teams actually pressed us and led to Danny Wilson hitting those awful long balls. 
Ive explained to you before about pressing and the object is to get the ball back anywhere, preferably up the park but ASAP. Teams only took advantage of long balls because our defence is awful and slow. Berra/Souttar/Halkett and to a lesser extent Dikamona are not suited to this style. 
What style does Robbo have and apart from winning promotion 15 years ago has he ever achieved as a manager. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I think he should move on, all this high pressing drivel, fine if you are scoring goals but, we've seen the result if the back door is left open, and as for that excuse for a goalkeeper we got on loan from Man Utd, he should have been dropped after one game, I'd take Robbie Neilson back, he knows how to win in the Championship league.

Why in the ****ing world would he come back and once again take a team in a league that he’s skooshed twice already, even if we could afford the compensation. Same for Robinson.

Madjambo21
3 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Would love Neilson back but don't think he would come back to manage in the championship when he won promotion with United.

Don't think Stendal would be great in the championship, too many teams that will sit in and make it hard to beat.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why in the ****ing world would he come back and once again take a team in a league that he’s skooshed twice already, even if we could afford the compensation. Same for Robinson.

Perhaps a Hearts job with no Levein looking over his shoulder would be quite attractive to him

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

I'll bet there;s quite a few Hibscum on here wanting Stendel to stay.

:facepalm:

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

From 10th to 7th wow, he had experience  of this league and didn’t have the problems we had with this unfit and lazy squad, and Heckingbottom hanging around like a bad smell. 

From 10th to 7th was all that was needed short term ! If stendall was able to do similar short term we wouldn't be in current situation 

I thought that his appointment was wrong, but he hasn't been given enough time. Yes for both.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:facepalm:

Thes is exactly how you will be looking after another season of Stendel

The Real Maroonblood

Thes is exactly how you will be looking after another season of Stendel

Stop talking shite.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How did we win it last time? Sitting back and hitting on the break? Most teams actually pressed us and led to Danny Wilson hitting those awful long balls. 
Ive explained to you before about pressing and the object is to get the ball back anywhere, preferably up the park but ASAP. Teams only took advantage of long balls because our defence is awful and slow. Berra/Souttar/Halkett and to a lesser extent Dikamona are not suited to this style. 
What style does Robbo have and apart from winning promotion 15 years ago has he ever achieved as a manager. 

We focused on fitness and possession, while still scoring a shitload of goals. I think you're more taken with the idea of Stendel than the evidence so far. Why on earth would we play the high press against part-time hoofball merchants? It's absurd. Deny them the ball and build from the back and the chances will come. Then have good enough strikers to score at that level against the mostly terrible goalies. It's not rocket science. Maybe Stendel can do it but I'm basing my view on what we saw. he was far too slow to change his style and was definitely too slow to change the goalie.

D Utd gave the job initially to Laslo who had got us 3rd and he failed. They turned to someone who knew how to get promotion and he did the job. That's obviously what Robbo would bring. His football in his brief spell in charge was actually pretty good. Definitely more forward-thinking.

And who gives a shit about "style" anyhow. Promotion is all that matters. Neilson has twice shown how to do it with two different clubs. He did the same thing each time. Sign goalscorer and better players in every position across the team, make them fit, and have a gameplan. We're even better equipped than Utd were last season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Diadora Van Basten

The season boiled down to one game v St Mirren away.

We didn’t even have a shot on target and lost yet another goal from Damour being caught in possession.

His agent can do one as far as I’m confirmed. I certainly wouldn’t be paying him prem wages.

Just make Naismith manager.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

The Real Maroonblood

Well you started it

No.

Your post insinuated that quite a few who wanted Stendel to stay are Hibscum.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your post insinuated that quite a few who wanted Stendel to stay are Hibscum.

That's true but, I think that there will be some Hibbys who would like Stendel to stay on as they would see that as a way to keep us out of the top league for quite a considerable time, as for the majority on here who want Stendel to stay who I am sure are die hard Jambos like myself, I have to disagree with them, I think that a Hearts minded new manager eg Neilson, McCann, Robertson or Hartley would be able to steady the ship next season, now does that clarify my position.

19 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I'll bet there;s quite a few Hibscum on here wanting Stendel to stay.

Maybe not ‘quite a few’ but I reckon there will have been one or two  Vermin on here who voted for Daniel stay, just to skew the poll a wee bit.

For the record, I hope he stays.

Ainsley Harriott

I think the club and Dan will part company. Is he not meant to be on an "eye watering" salary according to one journalist.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Maybe not ‘quite a few’ but I reckon there will have been one or two  Vermin on here who voted for Daniel stay, just to skew the poll a wee bit.

For the record, I hope he stays.

Fair enough you have your opinion and I have mine, cheers

Just now, Bauldrick said:

Fair enough you have your opinion and I have mine, cheers

I was actually kind of agreeing with you.  

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

That's true but, I think that there will be some Hibbys who would like Stendel to stay on as they would see that as a way to keep us out of the top league for quite a considerable time, as for the majority on here who want Stendel to stay who I am sure are die hard Jambos like myself, I have to disagree with them, I think that a Hearts minded new manager eg Neilson, McCann, Robertson or Hartley would be able to steady the ship next season, now does that clarify my position.

Fair enough but I don’t buy into Hearts minded ideology.

We’ll see out it pans out.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

If Daniel doesn’t stay, I hope it goes to wee Robbo.

Quelle surprise, mon ami. ;)

Just now, redjambo said:

Quelle surprise, mon ami. ;)

I know.  

See through, or what?

:vrface:

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Deserves a chance to take to the next level. 

Hers's what you've been waiting for League Two ?  🙄

Just now, Morgan said:

I know.  

See through, or what?

:vrface:

That's how I like 'em, Morgan.

Robbo's a good shout. I'm just not sure how well he'd do. It would be great to have him back at the club in some capacity though.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair enough but I don’t buy into Hearts minded ideology.

We’ll see out it pans out.

Oh that's a much nicer post,  we are after all Hearts minded in our own way and we all want the best outcome for Hearts, so does that mean we can be on the same side again? I hope so, now I'm away for ma tea.

Japan Jambo

empty the crap, build with youth, adopt a siege mentality. Think the man we have now is as good as any... 

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would move on now because he had long enough to change things around and failed miserably 

What!

Stendel has played a part in situation we are in had plenty of time to turn it around thankfully we have a get out clause 

11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think the club and Dan will part company. Is he not meant to be on an "eye watering" salary according to one journalist.

Not right now because he's forgo it to save the club. And if he were to stay, his salary would likely be reduced because it would be a new contract if we are to be in the 2nd tier (though throw in a big win bonus of promotion to balance it out).

Edited by kila