kingantti1874

Would you keep Stendel   

1,069 members have voted

1. 1. If we are in the championship

2. 2. If we are in the premiership

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Werner Herzog said:

Two things though...

A summer window means heehaw when there's a good chance we wont see football being played at senior level in scotland until 2021. Also, he's back in Germany: a country in a much better place right now with the current covid situation. Given the circumstances, I do not see any logic of him leaving his family during a global pandemic to manage a club in the 2nd tier of scottish football requiring a massive overhaul. If relegation is rubber-stamped, so is his departure. 

Yeah, ofc the pandemic might curtail all plans. 

He might not want to stay with us. 

Goes without saying, the pandemic could curtail all plans across all sectors. 

As a business, I'd guess we'll have a business as normal - ish plan and a worst case scenerio plan. 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Morgan

• Last Laff

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

He was also just learning to adapt to our game. 

He was the wrong choice at the time tho I think. Whisper it, but I think CL would have had us better than bottom, although obviously that still isn't good enough. 

But given a summer window, get players in, some out, it's a yes from me. 

He made a lot of mistakes. He was too gung ho, experimented too much with selections, zonal marking, line too high. Signed the wrong players. I think he under estimated the task. The right guy at the wrong time. 

But i think we've played better football in spells under Stendel than we have in a long time. The philosophy is right. Given a pre season and the chance to build his own team, i think we'd be a great side to watch under him. 

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My confidence was damaged watching Naismith play central mid, and Boyce deep as well.. 

Admittedly, that was a big concern for me.

Hope he stays . With a preseason and his own squad I reckon he'll be excellent. Don't get the criticism of him . He came in to a poor unmotivated squad and had to radically try and turn things around.The football was a lot better when he came in even if results didn't go our way

I have voted move on in both polls. I don't think he is a bad manager but I suspect the upshot of the current situation is we are hamstrung financially even if we do stay up and just can't afford the players he would want. 

Cut The Crap
17 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Deserves a chance to take to the next level. 

League One?

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Majority to stay ATM. This doesn't help tho

Daniel Stendel’s agent, Timo Rodewald, tells @ScotMailSport : “Daniel now does not have a contract with Hearts. His contract is only valid for the Premiership. So that is the direct consequence.
‘Does that mean he’s leaving? Not necessarily. But from now he is out of contract.’

That suggests he has gone. Unless he is willing to accept a much less generous new contract. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He made a lot of mistakes. He was too gung ho, experimented too much with selections, zonal marking, line too high. Signed the wrong players. I think he under estimated the task. The right guy at the wrong time. 

But i think we've played better football in spells under Stendel than we have in a long time. The philosophy is right. Given a pre season and the chance to build his own team, i think we'd be a great side to watch under him. 

Yip. 

The comments on this poll are generally the opposite of the way the voting is showing. Do we have lots of interlopers on here who are voting stay just for a laugh?  

I really liked the way he had us playing at times so can see the potential for him staying. I felt he was brought in at the wrong time and tried too radical a change to our playing style and it went against us. So, yes for the championship as he will have more leeway but not sure about the premiership as we would need to start next season a lot better than we finished last season

Agentjambo
10 minutes ago, pointon said:

Does not justify a high wage better value out there 👋🏻

Who would you want to replace him?

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

17 games as you say but a just think not the right guy! Look over the city at jack ross who came into that mob and got them moving up the way

From 10th to 7th wow, he had experience  of this league and didn’t have the problems we had with this unfit and lazy squad, and Heckingbottom hanging around like a bad smell. 

I think it's more important to ask if the players want him to stay. If the squad we put together for next season are not FULLY behind the manager we might have trouble getting out of the Championship (or finishing high enough up the SPL, if we end up there, to avoid play off or relegation)

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

From 10th to 7th wow, he had experience  of this league and didn’t have the problems we had with this unfit and lazy squad, and Heckingbottom hanging around like a bad smell. 

Indeed. He inherited a squad that was able to play the high press for all of five minutes in his first game against St Johnstone before the players were blowing out their arses.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That suggests he has gone. Unless he is willing to accept a much less generous new contract. 

No it’s just stating the legal position.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The comments on this poll are generally the opposite of the way the voting is showing. Do we have lots of interlopers on here who are voting stay just for a laugh?  

Yeah there’s loads of other clubs fans on here voting on this meaningless poll. Take your tin hat off, the majority on here want him to stay.

Stay.

Levein gave him a sinking ship on fire. OK maybe Stendel gave the likes of Pereira too much time before finally dropping him, but we saw Stendel learn and adapt to the Scottish game as time went on.

The players haven't had to work for their salary because of the conditions Levein/Budge gave them. No enticing win bonuses because the base salary is nice enough. Good that we're transitioning away from that though.

Levein and MacPhee are goners at the end of the month. Finally, the clear out is almost complete. Stendel deserves to keep his post given the shite he's had to deal with since joining Hearts (not having his coaches at first so doing it all on his own, then having to try offload Levein's shite players before getting to sign his own during January).

Also let's not forget he is forging his ENTIRE salary during the closedown to help Hearts. What a hero.

Pasquale for King
Just now, leginten said:

Indeed. He inherited a squad that was able to play the high press for all of five minutes in his first game against St Johnstone before the players were blowing out their arses.

It was still a problem in March, we had four games in 12 days where they steadily looked more leggy in every match culminating in the defeat in our last game, that’s ultimately seen us being demoted.

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Stay.

Levein gave him a sinking ship on fire. OK maybe Stendel gave the likes of Pereira too much time before finally dropping him, but we saw Stendel learn and adapt to the Scottish game as time went on.

The players haven't had to work for their salary because of the conditions Levein/Budge gave them. No enticing win bonuses because the base salary is nice enough. Good that we're transitioning away from that though.

Levein and MacPhee are goners at the end of the month. Finally, the clear out is almost complete. Stendel deserves to keep his post given the shite he's had to deal with since joining Hearts (not having his coaches at first so doing it all on his own, then having to try offload Levein's shite players before getting to sign his own during January).

Also let's not forget he is forging his ENTIRE salary during the closedown to help Hearts. What a hero.

My opinion too 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I think it's more important to ask if the players want him to stay. If the squad we put together for next season are not FULLY behind the manager we might have trouble getting out of the Championship (or finishing high enough up the SPL, if we end up there, to avoid play off or relegation)

You can NEVER ask the players, they were loving it under Levein and his holiday home for injured rejects and retirees. 
The younger ones seem to have backed him as have a few others like Naismith/Washington and Boyce. We won’t know what the squad will be like or when next season is for a while yet.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imo Stendel wont be back,time to get Robinson in.🙌

Would be happy with that 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Stay.

Folk forget, it wasn't just this season under Levein we were shite. We've been on a downward spiral since November 2018!! And had barely won a game or scored a goal from then until Levein was sacked. 

Under Stendel we scored goals but our defence and keeper were chucking them in at the other end. 

We should have beaten St Johnstone away and Killie at home. We should have been miles infront v Motherwell at home, we missed loads of chances. We annihilated Hibs at Easter Road and beat Rangers. 

He had 8 games left, he wasn't far away from turning it around albeit St Mirren was a big setback. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imo Stendel wont be back,time to get Robinson in.🙌

Why would he want to drop a division?

NaturalOrder74

No reason he should be punished for trying to rescue a sinking ship. 
when you’ve got guys like LD with attitudes like that what chance you got, DS should be given a good time to develop his own squad after emptying all of the shite, he will be judged however immediately after the summer regardless of what league were in 

I liked the attacking intent of the manager but feel we were left very open. Maybe if he had players he would wish to get it would be totally different.

I dont think next season will happen anyway, at least not in any normal way.

Obviously Stendel will need to make a comment soon but there is the second league reconstruction attempt to fail first.

frankblack
1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Stay imo. Its leveins pile of shite he's got. I was hopeful he would be able to build his own squad.

He brought in a whole load of players who failed to make any significant impact.

The Old Tolbooth

This is a tough one, I voted not sure on both counts because we had absolutely zero bounce factor that you normally get when a new manager comes in, but at times he could have us playing some bloody good stuff, whilst other times we were utterly dire to the point of it felt like nothing had changed. 

If we stay up, he's going to have the same shite squad of players that the hapless Levein left him with, if we go down then there will be a huge clear out and he can start again, I still think the old cliche of "right manager, wrong time" applies to Daniel, and I think he'll go onto bigger and better things, but right now at Hearts I just don't think it's going to work out, sadly. 

I too am in the Robbo camp if we go down I think, he could be the exact man to galvanise everyone and get us playing as a club again, and I would wish Daniel Stendel all the very best anywhere he went next. 

luckyBatistuta
59 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Right man potentially but wrong time he was Appointed. Just hasnt Worked out. Language barrier did cause problems but needed backroom staff from the start

So if he’s the right man at the wrong time...when was the right time?

I voted stay and stay. Yeah, there was was some baffling decisions by him, but the guy couldn’t have possibly taken over at a worse time. Straight in to a new league with a club fighting relegation with absolutely zero confidence and some players who were not fit to wear the jersey. The pressure him and every player was under when he took over was unbelievable. Yes, he knew what he was taking on, but give the guy a chance. A fresh new start to a season with his stamp all over the squad and none of the peering eyes from above, bring it on.

As for folk wanting Robbo to take over. I love that wee man and the way some scream for managers to be sacked nowadays after a couple of bad results, that’s a definite no for me. I would hate to see anyone do that to him.

If he actually wants to stay🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

He brought in a whole load of players who failed to make any significant impact.

Who did he bring in?

Marty Byrde
Just now, frankblack said:

Whole load?

I count four, during the notoriously patchy January window, with a one out one in policy.

Boyce - Looks good although there's a debate to be had on if he was a DS signing.

Sibbick - Looked promising but soon injured.

Avdijaj - Pish

Langer - Pish

Not great but not exactly shocking. There's no Connor Sammon or Oshaniwa there.

frankblack
1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

Whole load?

I count four, during the notoriously patchy January window, with a one out one in policy.

Boyce - Looks good although there's a debate to be had on if he was a DS signing.

Sibbick - Looked promising but soon injured.

Avdijaj - Pish

Langer - Pish

Not great but not exactly shocking. There's no Connor Sammon or Oshaniwa there.

The point was we desperately needed to make an impact with the crap in our squad and got more of the same, and if you take Boyce out then the rest were grim.

Edited by frankblack

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Four players? In January, a notoriously difficult time whilst you are trying to get a team for and implement tactics. One that scored the winner against Rangers, one that was injured unfortunately, one was a young inexperienced guy and the other was a wildcard who was rated at over £40m a few years ago. Let’s not judge him too quickly on that or the 17 games he’s managed so far.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If we hadn't somehow got a nice bit cash for Mulraney I don't think Stendel would've been allowed to bring anyone in...

Boyce was a good signing but unfortunately not quite in the form we needed. Sibbick was also good and we lost form when he got sick. The others were 6 month deals/cheapies, the choice from that pool in January is usually shite.

I think Stendel's strengths will be bringing youngsters through and having a younger fitter squad. Bring in a a bit more competition for places from hungry youngsters and new signings on a low basic with win bonuses.

Edited by kila

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The point was we desperately needed to make an impact with the crap in our squad and got more of the same, and if you take Boyce out then the rest were grim.

Indeed but money was tight also, due to the charlatan wasting it all.

frankblack
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Four players? In January, a notoriously difficult time whilst you are trying to get a team for and implement tactics. One that scored the winner against Rangers, one that was injured unfortunately, one was a young inexperienced guy and the other was a wildcard who was rated at over £40m a few years ago. Let’s not judge him too quickly on that or the 17 games he’s managed so far.

Just not convinced he would be the right fit if we need someone to do a job like Robbie Neilson in the Championship.

Leveins Battalion
18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why would he want to drop a division?

Because of the chance to manage Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Even in the championship its the most attractive job outside Rangers and Celtic.

Even more so with a blank canvas.

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So if he’s the right man at the wrong time...when was the right time?

I voted stay and stay. Yeah, there was was some baffling decisions by him, but the guy couldn’t have possibly taken over at a worse time. Straight in to a new league with a club fighting relegation with absolutely zero confidence and some players who were not fit to wear the jersey. The pressure him and every player was under when he took over was unbelievable. Yes, he knew what he was taking on, but give the guy a chance. A fresh new start to a season with his stamp all over the squad and none of the peering eyes from above, bring it on.

As for folk wanting Robbo to take over. I love that wee man and the way some scream for managers to be sacked nowadays after a couple of bad results, that’s a definite no for me. I would hate to see anyone do that to him.

If he actually wants to stay🤷🏼‍♂️

End of this season. This is what he wanted as knew needed a pre season to get his backroom staff in and players used to the new style of play. Too much of a risk in the championship! In hindsight should have went with mcphee as interim until end of season

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Deserves a fair chance to stay.

That's how I feel. There is something about him that makes me think he could be a success here.

kingantti1874

I do have a few reservations about Daniel, ordinarily with the results I’d be all over him being given the boot but as I said at the outset you have to like him..

All in all, ive said move on - I just think we need a completely new start.. 

I've voted stay for both. I'd really like to see what he can do without being shackled with a pile of dross and the odd decent player

Move on IMO.  He had plenty time to get us out of the mess and he showed a huge lack of understanding about the Scottish game.   Was setting us up to fail week in week out.  Also he will cost us money we can’t afford right now to keep him around. We need someone with a clear understanding of what this club is all about and someone who will instil the injustice of what’s happened to us into the players and into results.   Bring back Robbo.  

Let him go he’s been a failure. Yes he took over a team in free fall but there’s plenty of managers have managed to turn things around at other clubs he didn’t and ended the season worse off.

Apart from the Hibs and Rangers game we’ve generally been pish. He took over us 2nd bottom and ended the season 4 points adrift. 

Madness anyone would want to keep Stendel.

Toxteth O'Grady

He couldn't get the players to turn up for games against the bottom teams - out first half performance in our last game was pathetic.

Let him go

The Gorgie
36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

All bar 1 were on loan whilst on a one in one out policy. Nae 4 year deals to duds getting handed out.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll back him if he stays, but...

I voted move on, twice. I want Robbo as manager.

I am mixed on this.  He would certainly bring us together, and won’t find a bigger Jambo candidate, but would we be wanting him, based on record alone, if he wasn’t who he was?