Jump to content
Theme From Sparta F.C.

Face Masks

Recommended Posts

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

:rofl:

What’s so funny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What’s so funny?

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89

Are Jedward Pro mask wearing or against it? The article isn't that clear if Jim Corr is against mask or Jedward. I'm on tenterhooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What’s so funny?

It would have had more credibility if the story was about Morph and Chas and they had a Twitter spat with Sooty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
21 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Are Jedward Pro mask wearing or against it? The article isn't that clear if Jim Corr is against mask or Jedward. I'm on tenterhooks

i believe jim corr is against mask wearing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
11 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

 

When CoVid has been conquered, I hope I'm still around to witness you claiming you've had the majority of JKB on toast since April 2014...Bravo, extremely well played Sir...:brows:...:clap:

 

PS, don't give up, this is Brilliant.

Edited by OBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
38 minutes ago, OBE said:

 

When CoVid has been conquered, I hope I'm still around to witness you claiming you've had the majority of JKB on toast since April 2014...Bravo, extremely well played Sir...:brows:...:clap:

 

PS, don't give up, this is Brilliant.

 

Between face masks and the end of the world he/she has a lot of bites, me included. 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Between face masks and the end of the world he/she has a lot of bites, me included. 😂

 

 

Genius JJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Are Jedward Pro mask wearing or against it? The article isn't that clear if Jim Corr is against mask or Jedward. I'm on tenterhooks

im the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
47 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Always surprises me that people ask opinions from Noel Gallagher, Jedward and other celebrities on something they know no more about than you or I. Just sing your songs a stfu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Always surprises me that people ask opinions from Noel Gallagher, Jedward and other celebrities on something they know no more about than you or I. Just sing your songs a stfu. 

 

Exactly. They're almost always as uninformed as the next member of the public. Even if they have taken the bother of informing themselves, I'd far rather listen to the science and to scientists any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

There's a wider purpose to trying to get popular figures to speak to,  usually younger,  groups of society.    It's a known concept that some younger people have a disconnect from political or official figures and the way in which they deliver information,  instructions,  guidance.    That these people may tend to listen and pay attention to celebrities and popular figures,  but that officialdom simply doesn't get through to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Always surprises me that people ask opinions from Noel Gallagher, Jedward and other celebrities on something they know no more about than you or I. Just sing your songs a stfu. 

Jedward celebrities? 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Jedward celebrities? 😂 

Aye was pushing the envelope a bit there. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye was pushing the envelope a bit there. 😂

I was surprised they were still even a 'thing'. They must have got their five minutes in the late 2000s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts

I tend to find that when I'm in shops it's fat jobless tatooed bearded skanks(male and female) that are the ones not wearing face masks.

 

It's maybe an "exemption" now🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, WoolfordsHearts said:

I tend to find that when I'm in shops it's fat jobless tatooed bearded skanks(male and female) that are the ones not wearing face masks.

 

It's maybe an "exemption" now🤷‍♂️

Quite surprised by that. If anything, the folk I’ve noticed not wearing masks seems completely random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

I've seen some batshit crazy mask related stuff at work.   

 

People coming in wearing a mask like an earring.

 

Wearing a mask like a chin bib.

 

Come in with a mask dangling from a hand.

 

People not hearing something and then pulling their mask down in effort to improve their hearing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Quite surprised by that. If anything, the folk I’ve noticed not wearing masks seems completely random. 

It's maybe just my experiences of nipping into lidl on my way home from work tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, WoolfordsHearts said:

It's maybe just my experiences of nipping into lidl on my way home from work tbh.

 

 

It really annoys me folk not wearing them in shops. Even if you think it’s a waste of time, other people obviously think it helps so why wouldn’t you just do it out of consideration. Kidding on they’ve got asthma or whatever is lousy as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Costanza
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Always surprises me that people ask opinions from Noel Gallagher, Jedward and other celebrities on something they know no more about than you or I. Just sing your songs a stfu. 

At least it's only Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher who are indulging in anti mask rhetoric.

Would be a bit more irked if classier acts like Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner were spouting this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've seen some batshit crazy mask related stuff at work.   

 

People coming in wearing a mask like an earring.

 

Wearing a mask like a chin bib.

 

Come in with a mask dangling from a hand.

 

People not hearing something and then pulling their mask down in effort to improve their hearing.

 

 

The ‘fashion’ here at the moment is to wear your mask either around the wrist or elbow.

 

The earring one is also currently ‘in vogue’.

 

Strangely enough though, my wife claims that wearing a mask does impair her hearing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've seen some batshit crazy mask related stuff at work.   

 

People coming in wearing a mask like an earring.

 

Wearing a mask like a chin bib.

 

Come in with a mask dangling from a hand.

 

People not hearing something and then pulling their mask down in effort to improve their hearing.

 

 

 

Public lavvies are never the most cleanest of places, keep up the good work though bruv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

 

It really annoys me folk not wearing them in shops. Even if you think it’s a waste of time, other people obviously think it helps so why wouldn’t you just do it out of consideration. Kidding on they’ve got asthma or whatever is lousy as well. 

This 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts
46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

 

It really annoys me folk not wearing them in shops. Even if you think it’s a waste of time, other people obviously think it helps so why wouldn’t you just do it out of consideration. Kidding on they’ve got asthma or whatever is lousy as well. 

It's the fact the auld folk are all masked up and these cretins are sauntering about without one that pisses me off.

 

Put a mask on for 10 minutes to buy your rustler burgers and cheap voddie ffs🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

Have seen plenty old folk without masks. I don't really care normally but considering all this upheaval is for their benefit they could at least make the effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

I couldn't give a monkey's if folk decide not to wear/not wear a mask. I would anticipate their hands are cleaner than the ones who are forever pawing at their face rag and touching stuff. 

 

The easily offended just need to get on with things, go about their day with what's 'right' for them and stay away from pubs and restaurants where the masks are off. 🍕 🍔 🍻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
25 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I couldn't give a monkey's if folk decide not to wear/not wear a mask. I would anticipate their hands are cleaner than the ones who are forever pawing at their face rag and touching stuff. 

 

The easily offended just need to get on with things, go about their day with what's 'right' for them and stay away from pubs and restaurants where the masks are off. 🍕 🍔 🍻 

 

Want to give that 1st bit another go...not to wear/not wear a mask?  Finding it hard enough to decipher N O....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, OBE said:

 

Want to give that 1st bit another go...not to wear/not wear a mask?  Finding it hard enough to decipher N O....

My mistake. Not to wear/wear. 👍 

Standards are slipping. Mask got in the way and couldn't see the screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

My mistake. Not to wear/wear. 👍 

Standards are slipping. Mask got in the way and couldn't see the screen. 

 

Mask or Rioja...easy done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts
41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I couldn't give a monkey's if folk decide not to wear/not wear a mask. I would anticipate their hands are cleaner than the ones who are forever pawing at their face rag and touching stuff. 

 

The easily offended just need to get on with things, go about their day with what's 'right' for them and stay away from pubs and restaurants where the masks are off. 🍕 🍔 🍻 

You don't shop in the lidl in Whitburn,have tatts and a beard by any chance?

🤣👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

At least it's only Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher who are indulging in anti mask rhetoric.

Would be a bit more irked if classier acts like Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner were spouting this stuff.

This.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

You don't shop in the lidl in Whitburn,have tatts and a beard by any chance?

🤣👍

Never stepped a foot in Whitburn in my puff. 

 

Is there a topical story on this character I've missed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
16 minutes ago, OBE said:

 

Mask or Rioja...easy done...

Rioja.  :sweeet:

 

Now you are talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
11 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

You don't shop in the lidl in Whitburn,have tatts and a beard by any chance?

🤣👍

Is there any male nowadays, under the age of 180, who doesn’t have tatts and a beard?  🤷🏿‍♂️

 

Not that they are clones, like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Never stepped a foot in Whitburn in my puff. 

 

Is there a topical story on this character I've missed? 

It was in relation to my shopping experiences in Whitburn's lidl which I'd posted previous. 

Nothing that interesting tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

Decided to take advantage of being childless yesterday and went for lunch. Forgot our masks so picked a couple up in Poundland. Went to the pub and gave our names, listened to the "rules" then went to our table. 

 

Around ten mins later, an old man in his eighties (at a guess) came in. They refused him entry for a pint because he didn't have a mask to wear. I felt really bad as he didn't quite get why he was knocked back and watched as he left. 

 

Twenty minutes after that and, without a word of a lie, two cocky *******s in their twenties walk in. Neither has a mask on and when challenged on it they both said "av goat asthma, a dont huv tae wear a mask". The young girl at the desk was clearly out her depth so the manager came over. Again they said had asthma and didn't "huv tae wear a mask". They were then shown to a table with a menu each. 

 

Really pissed me off no end and I made it known to them when we were leaving that they were out of order. The old wifey next to us said she had never heard of so many young people with asthma. 

 

Now whether you're pro or anti-mask, if you want to eat or have a pint these days, you need to have a mask on. I choose not to go out to a pub or restaurant much because of that but when I do, I'll wear one.

 

It really wound me up that someone who has probably knocked his pan in for 60 odd years is refused a pint, probably his only enjoyment of the day, while these young ****ers just blatantly refuse to respect the wishes of the pub so that they can get a ****in burger and chips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

 

He talks a lot of sense.

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Decided to take advantage of being childless yesterday and went for lunch. Forgot our masks so picked a couple up in Poundland. Went to the pub and gave our names, listened to the "rules" then went to our table. 

 

Around ten mins later, an old man in his eighties (at a guess) came in. They refused him entry for a pint because he didn't have a mask to wear. I felt really bad as he didn't quite get why he was knocked back and watched as he left. 

 

Twenty minutes after that and, without a word of a lie, two cocky *******s in their twenties walk in. Neither has a mask on and when challenged on it they both said "av goat asthma, a dont huv tae wear a mask". The young girl at the desk was clearly out her depth so the manager came over. Again they said had asthma and didn't "huv tae wear a mask". They were then shown to a table with a menu each. 

 

Really pissed me off no end and I made it known to them when we were leaving that they were out of order. The old wifey next to us said she had never heard of so many young people with asthma. 

 

Now whether you're pro or anti-mask, if you want to eat or have a pint these days, you need to have a mask on. I choose not to go out to a pub or restaurant much because of that but when I do, I'll wear one.

 

It really wound me up that someone who has probably knocked his pan in for 60 odd years is refused a pint, probably his only enjoyment of the day, while these young ****ers just blatantly refuse to respect the wishes of the pub so that they can get a ****in burger and chips. 

 

That would wind me up too, Salad Fingers. If I were the manager, the first thing I would have asked is "Would you both like to show me your inhalers?", followed inevitably by a "You can both scram", but I guess company policy may not allow that.

 

In reality, those who claim exemption should have to produce a medical certificate confirming their status, but we're not organised enough as a country to do that (and it would piss off the "persunal freedums" chaps a great deal, probably).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I tend to find that when I'm in shops it's fat jobless tatooed bearded skanks(male and female) that are the ones not wearing face masks.

 

It's maybe an "exemption" now🤷‍♂️

 

How do you know they are jobless 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Have seen plenty old folk without masks. I don't really care normally but considering all this upheaval is for their benefit they could at least make the effort. 

 

The elderly have contributed to your welfare/education. Any upheaval in the past, they've dealt with in their stride. They don't make an effort, it comes naturally...you ungrateful ^^^^!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Rioja.  :sweeet:

 

Now you are talking.

 

M, if you ever get the chance, have a go at Porta 6 (Portuguese), light and fruity and doesn't need food, just good friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

 

M, if you ever get the chance, have a go at Porta 6 (Portuguese), light and fruity and doesn't need food, just good friends.

Cheers, Blue Eyes.

 

Will certainly bear that in mind.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do The Dance
24 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Decided to take advantage of being childless yesterday and went for lunch. Forgot our masks so picked a couple up in Poundland. Went to the pub and gave our names, listened to the "rules" then went to our table. 

 

Around ten mins later, an old man in his eighties (at a guess) came in. They refused him entry for a pint because he didn't have a mask to wear. I felt really bad as he didn't quite get why he was knocked back and watched as he left. 

 

Twenty minutes after that and, without a word of a lie, two cocky *******s in their twenties walk in. Neither has a mask on and when challenged on it they both said "av goat asthma, a dont huv tae wear a mask". The young girl at the desk was clearly out her depth so the manager came over. Again they said had asthma and didn't "huv tae wear a mask". They were then shown to a table with a menu each. 

 

Really pissed me off no end and I made it known to them when we were leaving that they were out of order. The old wifey next to us said she had never heard of so many young people with asthma. 

 

Now whether you're pro or anti-mask, if you want to eat or have a pint these days, you need to have a mask on. I choose not to go out to a pub or restaurant much because of that but when I do, I'll wear one.

 

It really wound me up that someone who has probably knocked his pan in for 60 odd years is refused a pint, probably his only enjoyment of the day, while these young ****ers just blatantly refuse to respect the wishes of the pub so that they can get a ****in burger and chips. 

 

OK, I agree with your rant on the younger folk, but why was the old bloke not wearing a mask? Let's be honest, all these safety measures are pretty much for his generation alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

How do you know they are jobless 🤔 

 

Apart from a circus, who would employ a fat tatooed bearded skanky female/male?...:biggrin2:

Edited by OBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
13 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

 

OK, I agree with your rant on the younger folk, but why was the old bloke not wearing a mask? Let's be honest, all these safety measures are pretty much for his generation alone.

 

Not sure, perhaps he was confused or didn't think he had to wear it to get into the pub because you don't need to wear them when you're sitting at a table. To a man in his eighties, that could be quite confusing.  I can barely keep up with it and I'm more than half his age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...