Theme From Sparta F.C.

Face Masks

Victorian

Reinfecting yourself by not allowing the bad air to be exhaled away?

It's not the ****ing Green Mile.

Jambo 4 Ever

Samuel Camazzola

giphy.gif&ehk=kXiN4kWJdo0SBWIZUdPxO5lNFK

I P Knightley
On 06/09/2020 at 00:00, jonesy said:

It's more of a visual 'aid' to remind people that the government are keen to be seen doing something.

I haven't bothered the last few times I've been in a shop, and nobody gives a toss.

I do. I give a toss.

Every time I'm in a shop and see somebody without a mask on, it stresses me. It also allows me to form a judgement about their character. 

On 06/09/2020 at 11:21, Brian Dundas said:

I'm not convinced that is true, loading a piece of cloth with the virus then touching it, wearing it again, holding it or wearing it on your wrist, all to me suggest spreading the virus around more rather than less. For them to be affective I would imagine they need to be used correctly and by a very large % of people.

However I'm no scientist and I'm not sure they even know how effective mass mass wearing is without proper training and use

I think you're right. More people observing the guidance will lead to lower transmission rates. You don't need to be a scientist to work that out. But even the mis-handling you describe is better than doing nothing at all. 

59 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Angry about having to wear a mask if it was ever to be known it was not necessary...

:gok:

I've been wearing a seat belt when driving since 1982. Not once has it been called into action. Seething!!

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I do. I give a toss.

Every time I'm in a shop and see somebody without a mask on, it stresses me. It also allows me to form a judgement about their character. 

I think you're right. More people observing the guidance will lead to lower transmission rates. You don't need to be a scientist to work that out. But even the mis-handling you describe is better than doing nothing at all. 

I've been wearing a seat belt when driving since 1982. Not once has it been called into action. Seething!!

Well said 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Did you make Black Pudding ?

Did you make Black Pudding ?

I would not imagine the production of black pudding involves a sterile practice,😕,

King prawn

Ordered 2 reusable masks that meet the requirements including a maroon one.

Hate wearing the things but do so anyway (more so I don’t get a hefty fine if I’m being perfectly honest). 

I hope one day we will be at a point where we don’t have to wear them.

Bull's-eye
57 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I would not imagine the production of black pudding involves a sterile practice,😕,

Are you insane. 

Don't go inviting me round for Dinner again. Clarty git. 

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Are you insane. 

Don't go inviting me round for Dinner again. Clarty git. 

😀

jonesy
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I do. I give a toss.

IP, you're a good poster so I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion/disagreement on this with you, but I find it disappointing you make judgements about people's character when there is the high possibility that they have a mental or physical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask. Sorry you feel stressed as a result, but look at this way - the chances of them passing Covid to you are minimal.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

IP, you're a good poster so I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion/disagreement on this with you, but I find it disappointing you make judgements about people's character when there is the high possibility that they have a mental or physical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask. Sorry you feel stressed as a result, but look at this way - the chances of them passing Covid to you are minimal.

they could atleast try wearing a visor/scarf.  I think too many people are taking advantage.  I even saw one person claim they have asthma but then went on to have a fag outside the shop.

jonesy
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

they could atleast try wearing a visor/scarf.  I think too many people are taking advantage.  I even saw one person claim they have asthma but then went on to have a fag outside the shop.

Aye, and those pesky disabled folk in their wheelchairs could try going for a stroll now and again...

From Mind:

There is no clear-cut definition of 'mental impairment' or 'severe distress' in the mask regulations. These terms may cover a lot of different experiences.

For example, you might feel severely distressed or impaired if wearing a mask triggers acute symptoms of a mental health condition, like:

But even if you don't have an existing mental health diagnosis, you might still feel overwhelmingly anxious, distressed or unwell when wearing a mask.

It can be difficult to judge if you feel unwell 'enough' to be excused from wearing a mask. But remember: you are the expert on your own experience.

• If you're not sure, look for a way to make covering your face feel more bearable. Try some of our tips for coping with masks and face coverings, and see if they help. You might be able to lessen your symptoms, so you feel less unwell.
  • If you've tried everything and nothing helpsyou might decide you do have a reasonable excuse for not wearing a mask. That's ok.
  • It might change. For example, you might have better or worse days, times or places. So you might feel exempt sometimes, but not all the time. That's ok too. Use your face covering as much as you are able.

Brian Dundas
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There is logic in the argument that mask wearing would stop droplets (coughing, sneezing, spitting, talking etc) from travelling as far and is great numbers, but if you then just spread those droplets around by not using masks correctly then I think it might be worse than not wearing it at all. 

I'm pretty sure the scientists don't even know right now, but I am happy to follow whatever the official guidelines are and won't lose my shit if they change. I just wish there was a targeted campaign at correct face coverings procedure for everyone.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, and those pesky disabled folk in their wheelchairs could try going for a stroll now and again...

From Mind:

There is no clear-cut definition of 'mental impairment' or 'severe distress' in the mask regulations. These terms may cover a lot of different experiences.

For example, you might feel severely distressed or impaired if wearing a mask triggers acute symptoms of a mental health condition, like:

But even if you don't have an existing mental health diagnosis, you might still feel overwhelmingly anxious, distressed or unwell when wearing a mask.

It can be difficult to judge if you feel unwell 'enough' to be excused from wearing a mask. But remember: you are the expert on your own experience.

• If you're not sure, look for a way to make covering your face feel more bearable. Try some of our tips for coping with masks and face coverings, and see if they help. You might be able to lessen your symptoms, so you feel less unwell.
  • If you've tried everything and nothing helpsyou might decide you do have a reasonable excuse for not wearing a mask. That's ok.
  • It might change. For example, you might have better or worse days, times or places. So you might feel exempt sometimes, but not all the time. That's ok too. Use your face covering as much as you are able.

that's not what I am talking about and you know it.

luckydug

All the log winded excuses some people are making on here for not wearing a mask 😴

Apart from people that have health problems it's a mix of folk that do not care about other people and the types that would argue with their own shadow. 

It's not exactly a massive sacrifice to wear a mask just grin and bear it. 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

All the log winded excuses some people are making on here for not wearing a mask 😴

Apart from people that have health problems it's a mix of folk that do not care about other people and the types that would argue with their own shadow. 

this

AlimOzturk
48 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

that's not what I am talking about and you know it.

Yea it is. You have form for saying people with disabilities should try to wear masks. You are a disgrace and embarrassment for saying thing like that. You should be utterly ashamed at even hinting at it. Completely selfish imo

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Yea it is. You have form for saying people with disabilities should try to wear masks. You are a disgrace and embarrassment for saying thing like that. You should be utterly ashamed at even hinting at it. Completely selfish imo

I'm talking about people who are just not wearing masks because they don't want to / don't feel like it / don't believe I them - those are the ones who are selfish mate.

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I'm talking about people who are just not wearing masks because they don't want to / don't feel like it / don't believe I them - those are the ones who are selfish mate.

People have hidden disabilities that isn’t always visible. If it came down to who is more selfish - someone who mask shames people with disabilities or someone not wearing a mask then I know which one is more selfish. 

You are a cretin. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I get that there are exceptional reasons where folk will be excused from wearing a face covering. It's not a large proportion, though and I really don't think it's reflected in the population of those who go shopping without a covering.  I get it that the valid reasons tend not to be visible but general observation of behaviour suggests that many of those without masks just don't give a crap about others.

I was in a shop yesterday and counted more people without masks than with. If their attitude to ignoring the request at the door to wear a face covering is, "ahhfukkit" then it's reasonable to assume that their attitude to social distancing (hate that phrase), gatherings and so on is also "ahhfukkit" and, therefore, the chance of them carrying the virus is therefore higher which means the chance of them passing it on to me is also higher. So far, I've only challenged three people as to why they get to not wear a mask (in an inquisitive way - I don't want to get into a fight with those disease-ridden fokkers). All three have been self-entitled, arrogant people. You'd almost think they were Old Firm supporters. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

So are you saying that this person can't have asthma because they smoke, because that's what it sounds like.

In most developed countries ∼25% of adults with asthma are current cigarette smokers.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/24/5/822

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So are you saying that this person can't have asthma because they smoke, because that's what it sounds like.

In most developed countries ∼25% of adults with asthma are current cigarette smokers.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/24/5/822

how come they are ok to smoke but can't wear a facemask?  smoking will make breathing more difficult too

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

how come they are ok to smoke but can't wear a facemask?  smoking will make breathing more difficult too

Did you ask them and if not why not, thought you'd tackled at least 5 people for not wearing a mask, why not this one?

Besides as the research article states around about 25% of asthma suffers smoke.

spirt of 98
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

To be fair most of the folk I see not wearing masks are schemmies! Schemmies and chavs. Most decent folk wear them so it’s a fair judgement that if someone isn’t wearing one they are a lowlife. I heard one DR say that if you’re out and about in the shops or public transport and you are so ill you can’t wear a mask you shouldn’t be out in the first place as you’re high risk.

Edited by spirt of 98

spirt of 98
33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I get that there are exceptional reasons where folk will be excused from wearing a face covering. It's not a large proportion, though and I really don't think it's reflected in the population of those who go shopping without a covering.  I get it that the valid reasons tend not to be visible but general observation of behaviour suggests that many of those without masks just don't give a crap about others.

I was in a shop yesterday and counted more people without masks than with. If their attitude to ignoring the request at the door to wear a face covering is, "ahhfukkit" then it's reasonable to assume that their attitude to social distancing (hate that phrase), gatherings and so on is also "ahhfukkit" and, therefore, the chance of them carrying the virus is therefore higher which means the chance of them passing it on to me is also higher. So far, I've only challenged three people as to why they get to not wear a mask (in an inquisitive way - I don't want to get into a fight with those disease-ridden fokkers). All three have been self-entitled, arrogant people. You'd almost think they were Old Firm supporters. 

Well said folk with no mask in areas were they are required are scum. 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

To be fair most of the folk I see not wearing masks are schemmies! Schemmies and chavs. Most decent folk wear them so it’s a fair judgement that if someone isn’t wearing one they are a lowlife. I heard one DR say that if you’re out and about in the shops or public transport and you are so ill you can’t wear a mask you shouldn’t be out in the first place as you’re high risk.

We don't get many 'schemmies' here (thankfully) and I have to say from what I've witnessed first hand since the rule was brought in, is a near 100% compliance, of course I've seen the now well documented folks with them just covering their mouths or pull them down every few minutes etc etc etc. 

But I guess the sentiment is there.

GinRummy
23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We don't get many 'schemmies' here (thankfully) and I have to say from what I've witnessed first hand since the rule was brought in, is a near 100% compliance, of course I've seen the now well documented folks with them just covering their mouths or pull them down every few minutes etc etc etc. 

But I guess the sentiment is there.

I just wear it as it’s intended, over mouth and nose but if you just wear it over your mouth is it maybe just as effective at preventing you from passing Covid to others?

jonesy
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I guess we'll never really know people's reason(s) for 'non-compliance'.

I find masks to be extremely uncomfortable; to the point where I have had to put down my shopping and leave to get fresh air. After that, I gave up wearing one. If that makes me, in another poster's words, scum or self-entitled and arrogant in some folks' eyes, then so be it. I hope everyone does what's best for them in the circumstances.

jonesy
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

I would, but you wouldn't get to see my lovely smile :)

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Well said folk with no mask in areas were they are required are scum. 

This

OBE
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

I find masks to be extremely uncomfortable; to the point where I have had to put down my shopping and leave to get fresh air. After that, I gave up wearing one. If that makes me, in another poster's words, scum or self-entitled and arrogant in some folks' eyes, then so be it. I hope everyone does what's best for them in the circumstances.

Ill fitting mask or abnormal shaped heid?

jonesy
3 hours ago, OBE said:

Ill fitting mask or abnormal shaped heid?

Probably both, TBH :)

DETTY29

Brian Dundas
15 hours ago, jonesy said:

I find it amazing that you can't put up with it for a few minutes at a time to go shopping. I have COPD and find it nothing more than annoying and a bit hot.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Screenshot_20200908-123332_Twitter.jpg

That’s a good one 

jonesy
7 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

I find it amazing that you can't put up with it for a few minutes at a time to go shopping. I have COPD and find it nothing more than annoying and a bit hot.

That's the thing - I think everyone reacts differently to having their face covered. I had asthma as a kid which has thankfully abated as I've aged. However, the only experience I can relate having a face mask/covering on for more than a few minutes is when I used to struggle to breathe as a kid.

jonesy
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Screenshot_20200908-123332_Twitter.jpg

Pretty funny, tbh. I like it.

Edited by jonesy

luckydug
7 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Same here I have mild asthma and combined with wearing specs I find it uncomfortable after a while. 

I try to restrict the time I'm in the shops or on a bus. 

I have no great knowledge on the pandemic so I prefer to just follow the guidelines. 

I wouldn't challenge anyone about not wearing a mask for one thing they may well have medical reasons for not wearing a mask and for another thing going by experience on here non wearers are likely to be belligerent know alls who would either hit me or bore me to death with their 'opinion' 😁 

jonesy
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

non wearers are likely to be belligerent know alls who would either hit me or bore me to death with their 'opinion' 😁 

Have we met before? :p

Taffin

It's selfish to not wear a mask because you don't want to. It's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to for your benefit.

A lot of what we do is driven by selfishness.

I wear one where it's a private premises and they've made it a rule to wear one and I want to be allowed to go in there, in the same way I adhere to any dress codes of places I choose to visit. I've tried my best to minimise my visits to those places and avoid having to do it in the same way I avoid some more archaic golf clubs. 

Jambo no 1

Most people would only have to wear a mask for a short period of time. Half an hour on a bus or in a shop. It’s no big deal and it’s helping in some small way to beat this virus. 
i often wonder if those protesting about wearing a mask also don’t bother washing their hands regularly especially after being to the loo or picking their nose. 

fancy a brew
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's selfish to not wear a mask because you don't want to. It's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to for your benefit.

A lot of what we do is driven by selfishness.

I wear one where it's a private premises and they've made it a rule to wear one and I want to be allowed to go in there, in the same way I adhere to any dress codes of places I choose to visit. I've tried my best to minimise my visits to those places and avoid having to do it in the same way I avoid some more archaic golf clubs. 

:spoton:

:ruiner:

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Most people would only have to wear a mask for a short period of time. Half an hour on a bus or in a shop. It’s no big deal and it’s helping in some small way to beat this virus. 
i often wonder if those protesting about wearing a mask also don’t bother washing their hands regularly especially after being to the loo or picking their nose. 

If they are regular Tynecastle goers, a big number of those who visit the toilets don't know how to use the soap and water to wash their hands. Scaffs! 

Jambo no 1
13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If they are regular Tynecastle goers, a big number of those who visit the toilets don't know how to use the soap and water to wash their hands. Scaffs! 

No excuses these days as there is always soap hot water and hand dryers particularly in the new stand. 

ri Alban
On 06/09/2020 at 11:50, jake said:

Are you in pain ?

Because you certainly post like you are .

No, but now don't give a feck about people, who don't give a feck about people.

And can you leave some tinfoil for someone else, please. I know it's your favourite day on Friday, but come on. 

:conspiracy:

Edited by ri Alban

westbow
On 07/09/2020 at 19:41, GinRummy said:

I just wear it as it’s intended, over mouth and nose but if you just wear it over your mouth is it maybe just as effective at preventing you from passing Covid to others?

They need to go over your nose and under your chin. Those ones with the one way valves at the side are no use either as exhaled air is unfiltered. I'm hoping people don't realise this when they buy them rather than being selfish.

Jambo 4 Ever

Samuel Camazzola
11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

02D8C909-5309-4EEF-BBA9-455D63172A51.jpeg

Have you put it into practice to see if the principle works? Try it. 

The Frenchman Returns

I would be more annoyed if someone peed on my jeans. If it was my bare leg I could go in the Shower, pool or sea. Jeans would be stinking.