Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The MHRA  has approved a rapid self test kit which provides results within 30 minutes

The self-test device can be used by a member of the public with no previous experience of testing.

Game changer?

Only if it can be supplied at mass scale.  Literally millions of them available and easy to get.  They'll probably **** it up.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

She seems delighted the stone of destiny is to leave Edinburgh Castle - surprised its not going to the weeg 

she really dislikes Edinburgh - having a wee chortle there 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

She seems delighted the stone of destiny is to leave Edinburgh Castle - surprised its not going to the weeg 

she really dislikes Edinburgh - having a wee chortle there 

A lot of west coasters have a chip on their shoulder about the Capital, or Scotland's 2nd biggest city according to Sturgeon 

21 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I don't support the SNP and can't stand Sturgeon but this incident has been blown out of proportion.

I thought that this morning but I enjoyed her obvious discomfort so now hope it drags on a bit and a few more folk have a pop at her.  

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A lot of west coasters have a chip on their shoulder about the Capital, or Scotland's 2nd biggest city according to Sturgeon 

Definitely, I really hope the projections are true that we will have more inhabitants than Glasgow by 2030. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ha!

Surprised she was brave enough to show her face in public.

Is that not what got her into trouble?

Pasquale for King
Just now, jonesy said:

Quality, not quantity, Pasq. ;) 

So folk that don’t wear masks want her strung up for not wearing a mask 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em out the park, PfK. :locke:

BBC news reporting from outside Holyrood as we speak 😜 socially distanced of course 😆

01B6143A-467F-487B-AD35-3E47CD9340C4.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

46 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s an honest lapse. It is very very easy to forget. 

Yeah much easier to forget to put your mask on than forget about attending a meeting when you're told about sexual harassment claims against your former friend and mentor. Granted.

18 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The new variant is responsible for 62% of cases and 34% of hospitalisations in London

So does that mean it's less harmful?

The old variant must be responsible for the 0ther 38% of cases and 66% of hospitalisations.

Or am I not getting something?

also, the estimated transmissibility of this latest mutated version is based on government modelling and has not been confirmed in lab experiments 

How UK was able to detect new coronavirus variant so quickly | The Independent

Maybe they mean 34% of all hospitalisations, not just Covid hospitalisations? 🤷‍♂️

When you have just spent time in a supermarket where social distancing is simply a faded memory it perhaps puts her actions into context

To be fair masks are everywhere but it was just like visiting pre covid

Every one of the people who were there contributed more to the risk of spreading covid than any action she took.

When however you are the person leading the fight you do need to be seen to be squeaky clean and she has dropped those standards.  It will be more difficult for her to sell the message to the public and expect them to blandly accept it

The other problem is her aligning herself to Boris and this new strain when it is not clear the impact and some of the stats quoted don't stand up to scrutiny....the nonsense about 70% is being quoted as if it is true when it was simply a possibility

1 hour ago, Zico said:

It’s not a big deal in isolation but does hurt her credibility and will undoubtedly impact compliance, as Cummings, Calderwood and Ferrier’s actions did.

Not the same as those. 

These people deliberately ignored the rules because they are arrogant and don't think the rules apply to them. 

NS just forgot for a short spell in the way that we all probably have. 

Might even make her more popular as people will see she is actually human. 

[Note: holes in the data forthcoming over the holiday period.]

Scottish numbers: 23 December 2020

Summary

• 1,190 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-126]
  • 26,530 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.0% of these were positive [+6,983; -2.5%]
  • 47 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+4]
  • 56 people were in intensive care on 22 December with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 1,025 people were in hospital on 22 December with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-20]

During the festive period, daily updates will be published to provide the latest data on the number of new cases of COVID-19 and the positivity rate. Over the holiday weekends of 25-28 December and 1-4 January there will be no updates to the remaining statistics. These will be updated on Tuesday 29 December and Tuesday 5 January – we will provide the latest daily data for that day and the previous 4 days.

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I thought that this morning but I enjoyed her obvious discomfort so now hope it drags on a bit and a few more folk have a pop at her.  

Politicians will need to be careful about having a pop. Might be them next time. 

Per-100,000 case rates around the boards:

Scotland 22 [-2].

Ayrshire 34 [+7], Lanarkshire 32 [+11], Grampian 27 [-2], Tayside 24 [+6], Greater Glasgow 22 [-14], Forth Valley 21 [+8].

Fife 18 [-4], Lothian 17 [-7], Borders 14 [-6].

The others: less than 10.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

She will make a point on camera today of passing on her condolences to those who died of covid yesterday but give zero ****s about the 99% other people who died in Scotland yesterday NOT from covid.

I know, she's terribly insensitive not to mention the death and cause of every other person who didn't have covid.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Per-100,000 case rates around the boards:

Scotland 22 [-2].

Ayrshire 34 [+7], Lanarkshire 32 [+11], Grampian 27 [-2], Tayside 24 [+6], Greater Glasgow 22 [-14], Forth Valley 21 [+8].

Fife 18 [-4], Lothian 17 [-7], Borders 14 [-6].

The others: less than 10.

You’re the figures guy. Putting you on the spot and asking how many areas, and which ones, would be in level 4 if it weren’t for Xmas and/or the new Covid strain. 

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Politicians will need to be careful about having a pop. Might be them next time. 

Good. I don’t like any of them 😀

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The MHRA  has approved a rapid self test kit which provides results within 30 minutes

The self-test device can be used by a member of the public with no previous experience of testing.

Game changer?

Yes it could be. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Game changer?

I wonder if these are the kits Mrs JJ is going to get, as they have been told that they are to test themselves twice a week at home, all she knows is that they are easy to use, they haven't got the kits yet so I'll not be holding my breath until she get's them.

After 10 months it looks like NHS staff are finally going to be tested.

59 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yeah much easier to forget to put your mask on than forget about attending a meeting when you're told about sexual harassment claims against your former friend and mentor. Granted.

That would be something no one would honestly forget. Deliberately or conveniently forget fits the bill better when something like sexual naughtiness is levelled at your best buddy.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Cooking? She'll be wolfing cold Campbell's Meatballs straight out of the tin and then a bag of Haribo like the classless west coast hag she really is. :) 

😃

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think voting Lib Dem makes any difference does it? Green 1&2 in May if they stand a candidate in Edinburgh Central for me. 

I wondered why Harvey spoke before Rennie at any FMQs.

I really hadn't realised the Lib Dems were only 5th largest party in HR.

Good on her for facing up to it today and apologising. That should be a line under it now and hopefully she's a little less 'lecturing' in her approach going forward.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I wondered why Harvey spoke before Rennie at any FMQs.

I really hadn't realised the Lib Dems were only 5th largest party in HR.

Hilarious really 😆

She shouldn’t have done it but I’m not sure a single poster on here can say that they’ve adhered to every rule to the letter since March. 

Non story time to move on - what’s more concerning is her thoughts on going back into another March style lockdown. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

She shouldn’t have done it but I’m not sure a single poster on here can say that they’ve adhered to every rule to the letter since March. 

Non story time to move on - what’s more concerning is her thoughts on going back into another March style lockdown. 

Yeah but are there any posters dictating what everyone else should do 😏

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah but are there any posters dictating what everyone else should do 😏

Think we best leave this one alone :thumbsup:

I've heard from two different sources today that the Lockdown could last until March / April. Wondering if anyone else has heard similar?

My wife has a customer who's an NHS manager and he told her this morning it will likely last until March. So, I thought I would message my mate, who works at Vicky Infirmary and he messaged me this:

Screenshot_20201223-112815_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.5e75814d04d504c7b32e9a3688ec5c3c.jpg

Buzzing at this prospect.

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I've heard from two different sources today that the Lockdown could last until March / April. Wondering if anyone else has heard similar?

My wife has a customer who's an NHS manager and he told her this morning it will likely last until March. So, I thought I would message my mate, who works at Vicky Infirmary and he messaged me this:

Screenshot_20201223-112815_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.5e75814d04d504c7b32e9a3688ec5c3c.jpg

Buzzing at this prospect.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least, in fact I'm half expecting it to last a lot longer than 3 weeks tbh.

Our response to this pandemic has been diabolical. One bit of terrible news to the next. Yet still no resignations or people held accountable for their continual bad decisions.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wouldn't be surprised in the least, in fact I'm half expecting it to last a lot longer than 3 weeks tbh.

The 3 week 'circuit breaker' was mid-October, I think?😄

1 minute ago, ecjambo said:

Our response to this pandemic has been diabolical. One bit of terrible news to the next. Yet still no resignations or people held accountable for their continual bad decisions.

Politicians, doctors or scientists are not responsible for the new variants.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Politicians, doctors or scientists are not responsible for the new variants.

No, but they are responsible for the response. Which was ecjambos point

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Massive pressure on the regulators to approve the Oxford vaccine quickly.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

They won't do it if they don't believe that they should.

1 minute ago, Lord Inglis said:

No, but they are responsible for the response. Which was ecjambos point

Yes, so what would you do different?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

691 registered deaths yesterday in UK.

Sad numbers all over again.

Was it not 600 odd yesterday as well?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was it not 600 odd yesterday as well?

It was yesterdays figures that they were quoting. Todays will be published at 4pm

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It was yesterdays figures that they were quoting. Todays will be published at 4pm

I did think 691 sounded familiar.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic