• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

they are giesers in Iceland

:gok:

You mean geysers ???? Sorry I’m not usually part of the grammar police 👮‍♀️ 

Well, wee nippy Nicola caught red faced maskless after all her preaching about the importance of wearing them. I see the SNP lovers are out defending their glorious leader to the hilt without realising the utter irony and double standards of it. 

As minor as it may be and how pathetic the press are for even running such a story she should be resigning immediately. She has hounded others for minor breaches and had other sacked. She is the leader of this country and ultimately is held to a much higher standard than us mere mortals.

Think if Boris did the same she wouldn’t be jumping on it like a rabid shark out for blood? Of course she would. 

I will give her some credit - she at least admitted her mistake immediately. Doesn’t change anything though. She has made her bed and set the standard for breaches of Covid rules by politicians. Time to lead by example and resign. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You mean geysers ???? Sorry I’m not usually part of the grammar police 👮‍♀️ 

You are in my bad books now. You used to be cool.

And see all this shite I am reading (mostly by SNP apologists) on social media is quite frankly embarrassing. 

“Oh she has made a mistake, leave her alone “

”oh she is only only human ffs”

Naw. That not how it works. She is the standard bearer for all, the head honcho, the top brass. She’s the one who makes the law and seeing her breaching it is a slap in the face. Same as Gove, Ferguson and the rest of the rule breachers

She has been preaching about FACTS and got caught with her pants down (or facemask) time to face the music. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

In this country, if you are right wing your opinion is not welcome in public and not respected in private.

Depends how far right wing you are. 

It's easy to understand why some of your views are not respected. 

In fact people see you as a figure of fun as their is no way you can be serious. 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You are in my bad books now. You used to be cool.

James was never cool.

Just now, luckydug said:

Depends how far right wing you are. 

It's easy to understand why some of your views are not respected. 

In fact people see you as a figure of fun as their is no way you can be serious. 

I am quite far to the right. Certainly not extreme though.  I don't care about bods on here respecting different opinions, I expect the government to though.

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am scunnered with BJ and I am gutted that the Tories he promised and I hoped for have not been delivered.  I will be voting for Farage's new party in 2023/24. Done with mainstream politics.

What's wrong with Galloway's new party ? 

Anti SNP and anti Independence. 

Right up your street imo. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

James was never cool.

“ cool “ is so very old fashioned term anyway 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What's wrong with Galloway's new party ? 

Anti SNP and anti Independence. 

Right up your street imo. 

I actually enjoy his commentary and like him. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ cool “ is so very old fashioned term anyway 

Groovy, rad, sick or hip then. I'm down.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

In Iceland? Really?🤔

How did you get on at the nose-howking clinic, B?

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

And see all this shite I am reading (mostly by SNP apologists) on social media is quite frankly embarrassing. 

Naw. That not how it works. She is the standard bearer for all, the head honcho, the top brass. She’s the one who makes the law and seeing her breaching it is a slap in the face. Same as Gove, Ferguson and the rest of the rule breachers

She has been preaching about FACTS and got caught with her pants down (or facemask) time to face the music. 

Think we can put it down to tiredness, the poor woman has not had a break for months, and ftr im not SNP.  

Not to mention all the cooking she will be doing on xmas day😮.

46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why shouldn't they defend her?

The stick she's taking is entirely legitimate.  People defending her is legitimate.  

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We couldn't have a wake back in May for my mum and I'm sure we weren't even allowed to stand outside the crematorium talking afterwards.

I just checked and you are allowed bevy at weddings and wakes.

It would have been more of a story if the Sun had caught her with a glass of wine in her hand :lol:

Sorry to hear about your mum. Lost mine ten years back it’s a dull yin. Was unable to attend a friends funeral at the end of April. He’d have had a hundred folk there I’d think but restricted to just a few relatives. 

Nicola getting photographed pissed up and maskless would cheer me up no end. 😀

See this festive bubble stuff. Why does it have to be done on Xmas day? What about doctors and nurses and other folk who are working on Xmas day. Why are they getting short changed?

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Why shouldn't they defend her?

The stick she's taking is entirely legitimate.  People defending her is legitimate.  

:rofl:

Canny go nailing Gove and other politicians for Covid breach’s to the cross and then defend Nicola because she happens to be your saviour.

Gove was hounded for Weeks after his infringement. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

See this festive bubble stuff. Why does it have to be done on Xmas day? What about doctors and nurses and other folk who are working on Xmas day. Why are they getting short changed?

Because those making the decisions want it on Christmas day and they don't give a stuff if that suits anyone else. In their defence, where do you draw the line, December might not suit some people, would they be allowed to have it in January etc.

Appalling as it is that that Sturgeon breaks the rules but worse is the National Clinical Director apologising on her behalf. He is not supposed to be political. I don’t remember him coming to Calderwood’s defence.

https://news.stv.tv/politics/leitch-sturgeon-is-furious-with-herself-over-covid-lapse?ts=1608724800000&top

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sturgeon is nippy AF and divides opinion but she's not the Jock Thatcher ffs. :rofl:

Not even close.

Has you ever seen those pictures of nippy adopting the same poses as Maggie?  Pretty weird tbh but also quite funny. I have no link unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

So one breach of of the rules is less important than other breaches of the rules?

since when did the standards for rule breaches and punishment get set out? 

Gove broke Covid rules - must resign 

Sturgeon breaks the rules - oh leave her alone. She made a mistake. 

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl:

Canny go nailing Gove and other politicians for Covid breach’s to the cross and then defend Nicola because she happens to be your saviour.

Gove was hounded for Weeks after his infringement. 

Nobody is stopping you giving her stick.  People are entitled to defend her if they really want to.  Aren't both things legitimate?  I'm not arsed either way.

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Dunno what the rules are up here but I think in England they can choose which day to form their bubble on.

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because as with everything else concerning the wuhan flu it's not been thought through. Just knee jerk reaction after knee jerk reaction. I see one of the scientists from NERVTAG (are they the Bond movie villain's organisation?) is bewildered at the ott reaction from politicians to their report on the mutated strain.

"Prof Robert Dingwall voiced bewilderment at the way the Government had responded to the “bland” assessment he had helped prepare about the new variant of the virus. While the group was “moderately” confident it was more transmissible, it was not considered to be more dangerous. Earlier on LBC, Prof Dingwall said many members of Nervtag “would be surprised to see a document … which expressed moderate confidence in the existence of a potential problem transformed over the course of 24 hours into a national panic”.

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

The briefing is going to be interesting today, if she becomes the news it might be hard to hang on to her job. Anyway I’m sure plenty of new viewers will tune in to see her getting a kicking. I think she’s going to find it tough to get away with this. 

There is no briefing it is questions in Parliament today, interesting to see how hard a time she gets.

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Because as with everything else concerning the wuhan flu it's not been thought through. Just knee jerk reaction after knee jerk reaction. I see one of the scientists from NERVTAG (are they the Bond movie villain's organisation?) is bewildered at the ott reaction from politicians to their report on the mutated strain.

"Prof Robert Dingwall voiced bewilderment at the way the Government had responded to the “bland” assessment he had helped prepare about the new variant of the virus. While the group was “moderately” confident it was more transmissible, it was not considered to be more dangerous. Earlier on LBC, Prof Dingwall said many members of Nervtag “would be surprised to see a document … which expressed moderate confidence in the existence of a potential problem transformed over the course of 24 hours into a national panic”.

I think heads will have to roll if these measures prove to have been a massive overreaction.

What they need to be doing is investing more resources in the track and trace for those with the new strain and trying to eliminate that, plus closing the borders and ports to overseas visitors.

The scientific advice we are getting is all over the place and is causing massive damage to both the economy and the mental health of the citizens.

I think one thing is abundantly clear and that is the leaders of the WM and devolved governments need to go ASAP.

With all she has had to go through in trying to lead this country through the pandemic, she gets a pass on this one from me. A lapse rather than wilful disrespect of the rules.

And before anyone comments, I am not a SNP supporter. I am a supporter of independence (nowadays anyway, I wasn't before) who has voted Lib Dem more than anyone else, but would probably vote Green every time if I thought it would make a difference.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

She will have no problems holding onto her job. Its a storm in a tea cup

Would be sad if she had to resign over this. Much more fun to see Salmond knife her.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Not even mentioned by Ruth the mooth. Fair enough imo

I would imagine Leonard will mention it, she is struggling a bit today with sensible questions.

Fallibility.

You only need to take a step back and consider the hysterics to realise that fallibility of humans can cause some really daft actions and some insane reactions.

The only thing that behaves in a coherent,  'rational' way during this torture is the virus.  If it could think for itself it would be pishing itself silly at us.

It’s not a big deal in isolation but does hurt her credibility and will undoubtedly impact compliance, as Cummings, Calderwood and Ferrier’s actions did.

1 minute ago, Zico said:

It’s not a big deal in isolation but does hurt her credibility and will undoubtedly impact compliance, as Cummings, Calderwood and Ferrier’s actions did.

I'm not sure it will impact compliance at all. We've been in this thing for several months now and our behaviour should be fairly well fixed as regards how well we all as individuals comply with the rules. I don't think someone who complies with the rules as much as they can do is suddenly going to turn around and throw caution to the wind because of this. After all, those who comply with the rules will almost all be doing it for their own safety and the safety of others - I don't think that attitude is going to change overnight.

The figures do appear to show an increase in cases however and I personally reckon that the news of the vaccine has led to people letting their guards down as they see the light at the end of the tunnel. Understandably so.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not sure it will impact compliance at all. We've been in this thing for several months now and our behaviour should be fairly well fixed as regards how well we all as individuals comply with the rules. I don't think someone who complies with the rules as much as they can do is suddenly going to turn around and throw caution to the wind because of this. After all, those who comply with the rules will almost all be doing it for their own safety and the safety of others - I don't think that attitude is going to change overnight.

The figures do appear to show an increase in cases however and I personally reckon that the news of the vaccine has led to people letting their guards down as they see the light at the end of the tunnel. Understandably so.

The UK government’s announcement of the vaccine was ridiculous - all that shit with Hancock crying, coverage of the first person to get the vaccine. It made people think we were through the woods. Except how we’re heading for the most severe lockdown yet.

Politicians from Johnson and Sturgeon all the way down have shown themselves to be completely incompetent 

manaliveits105

Great leaders usually use the word WE when trying to get people on board when speaking about policy - restrictions - ambitions etc - not our great leader its all 

I decided I will I I I - me me me 

it all about her 

she wont be missed

47 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes and many foreign virologists are also "scoffing " at the hysterical, British response to this new strain. One Dutch expert ssid he was taken aback by the "drastic" measures we imposed. Sturgeon said today that we are in "the most dangerous part of this pandemic since February". Probably the most ridiculous comment I have heard this year.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

With all she has had to go through in trying to lead this country through the pandemic, she gets a pass on this one from me. A lapse rather than wilful disrespect of the rules.

And before anyone comments, I am not a SNP supporter. I am a supporter of independence (nowadays anyway, I wasn't before) who has voted Lib Dem more than anyone else, but would probably vote Green every time if I thought it would make a difference.

I don’t think voting Lib Dem makes any difference does it? Green 1&2 in May if they stand a candidate in Edinburgh Central for me. 

Nucky Thompson

The MHRA  has approved a rapid self test kit which provides results within 30 minutes

The self-test device can be used by a member of the public with no previous experience of testing.

Game changer?

Aye she was Fair rattled today . Very contrite and apologetic at the beginning then the nippy Rottweiler came out once she had passed the cringe laden apology . I’m surprised she kept a straight face stating FACTS again . As some posters state nearly enough every day we need total compliance to the rules ,” mistakes “ like here are classed them as a silly wee error when they tend ridicule the general public every day on this due to their perceived view that the general public are a bunch of selfish renegade law breakers 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think voting Lib Dem makes any difference does it? Green 1&2 in May if they stand a candidate in Edinburgh Central for me. 

:D That's a fair point.

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The UK government’s announcement of the vaccine was ridiculous - all that shit with Hancock crying, coverage of the first person to get the vaccine. It made people think we were through the woods. Except how we’re heading for the most severe lockdown yet.

Politicians from Johnson and Sturgeon all the way down have shown themselves to be completely incompetent 

Very good point.  They allowed a degree of jubilation that probably wasn't wise.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic