Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

There seems to be a rumour doing the rounds that a national lockdown is coming in Jan till the end of Feb. I have no idea how true it is but it’s emanated from the NHS. 

I think we will see another lockdown in Jan but far from convinced there is plan for one, though I suppose options are probably being explored as we speak on methods to curb the Christmas spike, 

The government are at the same time pushing universities to do more face to face activities with the staggered return of 1st and final year undergraduate students from end of January.

It could be a lockdown for 2-3 weeks after xmas/new year to compensate for the increase in infections from gatherings, but I can't see it being until the end of February.

Hopefully the vaccination programme continues to accelerate the rollout over the coming weeks.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

He was talking about the UK. 

Pointless with that one....

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

My thoughts as well. I just don’t get how there’s are in any way comparible to ours given the amount of large cities in the states. You’d think all those people living on top of one another and the mixed messages from politicians would’ve made things much, much worse over there. 

Maybe Americans can behave themselves 😉🤣 I know one who came over and stuck rigidly to the self isolation...i assume they are all that well behaved 😇

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

There was an infographic on the BBC the other day with squares representing Test and Trace evidence for where transmissions have most likely occurred. It's shopping. Perhaps all those people forced out of the pubs and into the booze aisles of the supermarkets couldn't socially distance...

Would help if supermarkets didnt hide it when staff are testing positive and therefore spreading it. Pubs are the same , they wont risk customers knowing they have staff testing positive so hide it. Schools and Unis dont lose out financially so thats possibly part of why they are willing to admit issues. 

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No, I don't think so. It's only pubs and universities. Work? School? Shops? No. Only hospitality.

Hotel for work? Corona free. Hotel for leisure? You'll definitely die.

The oil companies are making staff self isolate in hotels , hotels are being paid to provide the meals etc then are giving shit menus so they have to spend their allowance on room service which is decent food 🤣 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

There seems to be a rumour doing the rounds that a national lockdown is coming in Jan till the end of Feb. I have no idea how true it is but it’s emanated from the NHS. 

I think we will see another lockdown in Jan but far from convinced there is plan for one, though I suppose options are probably being explored as we speak on methods to curb the Christmas spike, 

The main pressures on the NHS happen each year in January and February. So may be planning around that. 

The main risk of getting Covid is indoors. The contact trace info had a range of indoor settings, not just Shopping. 

So overall with colder weather people are indoors more so there is more risk. 

Weakened Offender
28 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Justin Z What was the USA’s position in relation to UK restrictions? 

3000 deaths in America on the same day Texas reduced restrictions. 

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pointless with that one....

Maybe Americans can behave themselves 😉🤣 I know one who came over and stuck rigidly to the self isolation...i assume they are all that well behaved 😇

Would help if supermarkets didnt hide it when staff are testing positive and therefore spreading it. Pubs are the same , they wont risk customers knowing they have staff testing positive so hide it. Schools and Unis dont lose out financially so thats possibly part of why they are willing to admit issues. 

The oil companies are making staff self isolate in hotels , hotels are being paid to provide the meals etc then are giving shit menus so they have to spend their allowance on room service which is decent food 🤣 

They must get a better allowance than me 😂☹️ I'm lucky of I can get a main meal and a drink on room service from a hotel on mine. I'd have to take the free shit meal 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Like or loathe her. She deserves/needs a break I think stepping back from the daily briefing would probably benefit her on a number of levels. 

The only problem is, if she doesn’t do it we will get Swinney and Freeman, who are ducking awful on many different levels, not least their speaking skills. 

I actually find the briefing becoming less and less useful as major announcements are done in Parliament. So the briefing are the numbers today, the usual FACTS message and the same pishy journalist questions. 

Not that is all that important in the scheme of things but I do think they would benefit from a change of format. 

Yes I think the problem is psychological  too as we  see Nicole every day on it and we now just associate her with her giving us the “ bad “ news . Maybe a case of “don’t shoot the messenger “? Even the daily briefings were shared more with the other albeit they are grossly incompetent then Nicola wouldn’t get it so tight . It would be benificial her in the long run . The constant use of “ I “ also doesn’t help her as I assume it’s collective cabinet decisions . A simple thing like “ the Govt “ can change people’s perceptions . 

Yes been saying that for ages that a full lock down will commence in January . It’ll be the price to pay for having a little freedom during the Xmas period . A classic prid quo pro . Initially it will probably be for 3 weeks but we all know how that pans out . Whether it’s right or wrong I’ll take the 5th ! As long as they keep really pushing the vaccine take up in tandem with it hopefully things would then improve . January is a miserable month anyway 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I took my wee one to the toy department a few years back. I remembered that as being almost magical, as a wee boy I used to love going there. It was a shambles. Full of utter shite. A real disappointment. 

It's gone altogether now.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

On my now fairly rare journeys to the outside world, I find buses and supermarkets the places that give me the fear. 

On the other hand I've twice visited a pub/ restaurant for a meal and once Pizza hut at the Fort and felt perfectly safe. The social distancing, mask wearing when moving about and enforcement of rules regarding contact recording was excellent. 

They were strict though in Pizza hut three woman arrived and when it transpired they were from separate households the manager made one of them sit at a separate table. 

Due to distancing they were about ten yards away from the lone diner. 

So they started talking to the Lone dinner in rather loud tones. 

Next thing a rather fearsome big chap shouts at them to shut the **** up as he can't hear his wife and kid talking. 

This started about five minutes of shouting and swearing at each other and upsetting other diners  until the manager comes over and threatens to get the lot of them chucked out. 😂😂😂

I admire the group’s honesty but on this occasion it turned a bit nasty.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Was that for England or Scotland or both?  I would assume Scotland as Boris will never get an agreement for that in England through parliament.  

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

It sells designer brand clothing and did so before fat Mike got his sweaty hands on it.

Agree it has become a bit of a shambles if late...

I went to jenners the day to the toy department and it was awful . So sad . I recall shopping there many a Xmas time at the toy department and it was full of toys , festive cheer and Santa . Now it’s devoid of any of it . I actually made me quite depressed . It just felt like it totally symbolised this whole year . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I went to jenners the day to the toy department and it was awful . So sad . I recall shopping there many a Xmas time at the toy department and it was full of toys , festive cheer and Santa . Now it’s devoid of any of it . I actually made me quite depressed . It just felt like it totally symbolised this whole year . 

Their food section is closed as well.

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I think the problem is psychological  too as we  see Nicole every day on it and we now just associate her with her giving us the “ bad “ news . Maybe a case of “don’t shoot the messenger “? Even the daily briefings were shared more with the other albeit they are grossly incompetent then Nicola wouldn’t get it so tight . It would be benificial her in the long run . The constant use of “ I “ also doesn’t help her as I assume it’s collective cabinet decisions . A simple thing like “ the Govt “ can change people’s perceptions . 

People still watching these daily briefings ?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

People still watching these daily briefings ?

I only watch on Tuesday just to wind myself up and threatening to put my foot through the tv screen.😭

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I only watch on Tuesday just to wind myself up and threatening to put my foot through the tv screen.😭

I know how you feel

Tuesday for the media 

Thursday for Parliament

That's all that is required

I haven't watched the briefings daily since May - complete waste of time as nobody knows what they are doing. So many mixed messages from medical experts let alone the governments.

57 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

3000 deaths in America on the same day Texas reduced restrictions. 

But 3000 in terms of per 1million of the population is what compared to here? That will be what 0.0001 percent of their population compared to our death rate of....????%

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

I thought it was schools? How do you know this?

Apologies, I mean now they're the main spreaders due to the restrictions being relaxed. Every man and his dug know schools and uni's should have been shut due to the number of cases. The only people I know of who deny schools and uni's were the main culprits are on this thread. Every person I've spoken to face to face has the same opinion.

My view is simply based on my own and my friends/family experiences. I don't watch the news, never seen a single daily briefing. It's likely pointless watching what is probably manufactured stats being presented in a way to suit their agenda or justify their (in)actions.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Deck sake 

I was disappointed.

Although their products are quite expensive they have nice things on sale.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was disappointed.

Although their products are quite expensive they have nice things on sale.

Yes it was always good to look and no buy ! :) 

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Well you've lost your mind. 

See that waffle (above) from Doug (sorry Doug for not replying directly, I might if I find teh energy), it's obvious he can't read the data, or is rather choosing to not see what is obvious.  Glasgow and it's satellite regions are still an issue.  Always have been.  Only now after weeks and weeks are the other areas starting to be affected.  1000s of cases where registered in one area of the country, where the majority of the pop lives, and you don't think that has an effect on other parts of the country over time.  :lol:

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, sadj said:

But 3000 in terms of per 1million of the population is what compared to here? That will be what 0.0001 percent of their population compared to our death rate of....????%

Aye OK. 

28 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Apologies, I mean now they're the main spreaders due to the restrictions being relaxed. Every man and his dug know schools and uni's should have been shut due to the number of cases. The only people I know of who deny schools and uni's were the main culprits are on this thread. Every person I've spoken to face to face has the same opinion.

My view is simply based on my own and my friends/family experiences. I don't watch the news, never seen a single daily briefing. It's likely pointless watching what is probably manufactured stats being presented in a way to suit their agenda or justify their (in)actions.

Correct.

Mark Twain called it in 1907:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Statistics can basically be used by either side of an argument to support their case based on incomplete information.

Scottish numbers: 12 December 2020

Summary

• 1,064 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+63]
  • 39 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 52 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 994 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-5]
  • 23,295 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.2% of these were positive [-1.629; +0.6%]

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 19 [+1].

Fife 28 [+7], Greater Glasgow 25 [+4], Tayside 25 [+10], Ayrshire 24 [-8], Lanarkshire 23 [+4], Borders 22 [+12].

Forth Valley 18 [+7], Lothian 16 [-6], Grampian 13 [-6].

All the others: less than 10.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I visit Amsterdam two or three times a year so have been tracking the case numbers and restrictions over there.  I think there are parallels there to what may be starting to happen in Edinburgh now and will probably hit Glasgow and Lanarkshire in a few weeks time.

The Netherlands has been in a semi-lockdown state since 14 October with all hospitality closed (bars restaurants and cafes).  There was a quick downturn in the cases numbers with the 7 day/100K rate coming down rapidly from 400 before levelling off at half that. However cases are rising again just as fast as before with half the recent gains lost over two weeks. 

Their government is coming under increased pressure because of the continuing restrictions, particularly from the hospitality trade, because it cannot be blamed for the recent rise.  The anecdotal evidence is an increased incidence of house parties and other meetings despite restrictions.  The government has decided to continue restrictions over the festive period

https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2020/12/08/partial-lockdown-continues-to-apply-during-festive-season

The question being asked is whether it is better to open hospitality which is regulated and controls are visibly controlled or see social contact continue to increase in homes which are not subject to the same scrutiny.

I fear that Edinburgh, Scotland and the UK are following the same track.  

image.png.e0b9453b84dd70f8d683734b4af4d11b.png

Have you been recently or since Covid, and if so your experience?

My brother goes through Schiphol every 6 weeks and needs to stay in or around Amsterdam for a few days as part of his work testing regime.  And he says it's awful the last couple of times with significantly lack of distancing and masking.

Second only to any Ryanair flight he needs to take.  :)

Edited by DETTY29

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

According to Worldometers the UK has had 933 deaths per 1 million & the USA is 912 deaths per 1 million, so not much difference between us.

However Belgium (1532) Italy (1049) & Spain (1018) are much worse than the UK in terms of deaths per 1 million population.

Indeed Italy is very likely to overtake the UK in the next day or so with the highest death total in Europe, Italy has been really badly hit in this second wave, as has most of Mainland Europe including Germany which is seeing hundreds of deaths each day, almost 600 yesterday & 500 the day before, compare that to the first wave when it was dozens of daily deaths.

Mainland Europe isn't looking good at all.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Have you been recently or since Covid, and if so your experience?

My brother goes through Schiphol every 6 weeks and needs to stay in or around Amsterdam for a few days as part of his work testing regime.  And he says it's awful the last couple of times with significantly lack of distancing and masking.

Second only to any Ryanair flight he needs to take.  :)

My last visit was in March (the day that they announced their first lockdown, giving all of 30 minutes notice before bars and restaurants closed) although I had booked then cancelled a trip in October.  I am also booked to go in the same months in 2021, but we will have to wait until nearer the time before we commit ourselves.

I spoke to one of my Dutch friends earlier this week just to get a feel for what is going on.  Central Amsterdam is dead with the lack of hospitality in offer, but it seems that there has been a high incidence of illegal house parties.

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it was always good to look and no buy ! :) 

With the money I’ve saved not going to the pub I was going to push the boat out.

The Mrs didn’t believe me.😃

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

According to Worldometers the UK has had 933 deaths per 1 million & the USA is 912 deaths per 1 million, so not much difference between us.

However Belgium (1532) Italy (1049) & Spain (1018) are much worse than the UK in terms of deaths per 1 million population.

Indeed Italy is very likely to overtake the UK in the next day or so with the highest death total in Europe, Italy has been really badly hit in this second wave, as has most of Mainland Europe including Germany which is seeing hundreds of deaths each day, almost 600 yesterday & 500 the day before, compare that to the first wave when it was dozens of daily deaths.

There seems to be similarities to the Spanish Flu in terms of waves.

Spanish flu wave one March 1918, wave two Autumn 1918, wave three Winter 1918/19. I know we haven't had a 3rd wave of covid yet, but they are expecting it in January

Spanish flu had disappeared by summer 1919 without any vaccine

Edit. Spanish flu's deadliest wave seemed to be the 2nd wave

Edited by Nucky Thompson

CavySlaveJambo
39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There seems to be similarities to the Spanish Flu in terms of waves.

Spanish flu wave one March 1918, wave two Autumn 1918, wave three Winter 1918/19. I know we haven't had a 3rd wave of covid yet, but they are expecting it in January

Spanish flu had disappeared by summer 1919 without any vaccine

Edit. Spanish flu's deadliest wave seemed to be the 2nd wave

Spanish Flu (AH1N1) was around for years after the third wave. Just wasn’t as noticeably around. It is why Swine Flu wasn’t as bad as it could have been. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sweden are pretty much at full ICU capacity and looking to send Covid patients to Finland for treatment. 

Quickly get this posted while there's a lull in play:

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday   2 weeks ago       10 Dec 9 Dec 8 Dec 7 Dec 6 Dec
North Ayrshire 3 177 160 +17 131 +46     145 154 155 144 139
Clackmannanshire 3 173 167 +6 130 +43     181 198 206 227 194
East Ayrshire 3 152 160 -8 132 +20     149 148 150 132 123
Glasgow City 3 145 135 +10 189 -44     142 146 157 159 162
Renfrewshire 3 142 138 +4 223 -81     128 128 149 155 152
South Lanarkshire 3 134 127 +7 198 -64     124 124 131 138 128
Midlothian 3 133 123 +10 82 +51     93 84 99 94 82
Fife 3 132 118 +14 104 +28     114 106 107 111 105
North Lanarkshire 3 131 129 +2 194 -63     141 142 140 156 152
Dundee City 3 125 111 +14 109 +16     104 112 115 110 104
East Renfrewshire 3 124 119 +5 172 -48     125 127 137 137 154
East Lothian 2 122 122 0 65 +57     114 99 84 76 71
South Ayrshire 3 121 111 +10 123 -2     101 99 101 100 103
Aberdeen City 2 120 114 +6 90 +30     96 95 80 80 66
West Lothian 3 110 125 -15 139 -29     122 123 122 116 116
East Dunbartonshire 3 106 104 +2 135 -29     100 100 96 105 110
Falkirk 2 98 99 -1 54 +44     104 80 71 79 76
Perth and Kinross 3 97 75 +22 90 +7     83 94 96 94 89
Stirling 3 97 91 +6 140 -43     90 83 89 83 70
Edinburgh City 3 95 93 +2 82 +13     86 89 82 77 70
Aberdeenshire 2 83 85 -2 90 -7     86 90 87 88 92
West Dunbartonshire 3 75 74 +1 106 -31     63 67 71 76 70
Scottish Borders 1 73 56 +17 40 +33     52 48 41 40 37
Angus 2 66 60 +6 77 -11     55 65 59 62 67
Inverclyde 2 63 57 +6 107 -44     51 54 60 59 67
Argyll and Bute 2 49 48 +1 61 -12     154 162 165 166 176
Dumfries & Galloway 1 25 25 0 25 0     27 26 26 26 23
Moray 1 22 19 +3 8 +14     14 15 19 16 14
Highland 1 16 13 +3 17 -1     13 11 9 10 18
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 15 0 11 +4     15 4 4 15 15
Orkney Islands 1 0 0 0 4 -4     0 0 0 4 4
Shetland Islands 1 0 0 0 17 -17     0 4 4 4 4
Scotland   108 102 +6 118 -10     102 103 104 105 99

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Quickly get this posted while there's a lull in play:

7-day per-100,000 cases              
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday   2 weeks ago       10 Dec 9 Dec 8 Dec 7 Dec 6 Dec
North Ayrshire 3 177 160 +17 131 +46     145 154 155 144 139
Clackmannanshire 3 173 167 +6 130 +43     181 198 206 227 194
East Ayrshire 3 152 160 -8 132 +20     149 148 150 132 123
Glasgow City 3 145 135 +10 189 -44     142 146 157 159 162
Renfrewshire 3 142 138 +4 223 -81     128 128 149 155 152
South Lanarkshire 3 134 127 +7 198 -64     124 124 131 138 128
Midlothian 3 133 123 +10 82 +51     93 84 99 94 82
Fife 3 132 118 +14 104 +28     114 106 107 111 105
North Lanarkshire 3 131 129 +2 194 -63     141 142 140 156 152
Dundee City 3 125 111 +14 109 +16     104 112 115 110 104
East Renfrewshire 3 124 119 +5 172 -48     125 127 137 137 154
East Lothian 2 122 122 0 65 +57     114 99 84 76 71
South Ayrshire 3 121 111 +10 123 -2     101 99 101 100 103
Aberdeen City 2 120 114 +6 90 +30     96 95 80 80 66
West Lothian 3 110 125 -15 139 -29     122 123 122 116 116
East Dunbartonshire 3 106 104 +2 135 -29     100 100 96 105 110
Falkirk 2 98 99 -1 54 +44     104 80 71 79 76
Perth and Kinross 3 97 75 +22 90 +7     83 94 96 94 89
Stirling 3 97 91 +6 140 -43     90 83 89 83 70
Edinburgh City 3 95 93 +2 82 +13     86 89 82 77 70
Aberdeenshire 2 83 85 -2 90 -7     86 90 87 88 92
West Dunbartonshire 3 75 74 +1 106 -31     63 67 71 76 70
Scottish Borders 1 73 56 +17 40 +33     52 48 41 40 37
Angus 2 66 60 +6 77 -11     55 65 59 62 67
Inverclyde 2 63 57 +6 107 -44     51 54 60 59 67
Argyll and Bute 2 49 48 +1 61 -12     154 162 165 166 176
Dumfries & Galloway 1 25 25 0 25 0     27 26 26 26 23
Moray 1 22 19 +3 8 +14     14 15 19 16 14
Highland 1 16 13 +3 17 -1     13 11 9 10 18
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 15 0 11 +4     15 4 4 15 15
Orkney Islands 1 0 0 0 4 -4     0 0 0 4 4
Shetland Islands 1 0 0 0 17 -17     0 4 4 4 4
Scotland   108 102 +6 118 -10     102 103 104 105 99

👍

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, westbow said:

I heard from an Edinburgh council employee that he will be WFH until at least mid April. Over a year WFH, that must suck.

Civil service is similar. 

Not me but people I know. 

CavySlaveJambo
35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thinking about the tiers it appears tier 3, is about the right level to keep things on check albeit a very fine balance. 

Tier 3 just destroys mental health outside the cities though especially if you are either long term sick/disabled (and not high risk) or retired.  

And I know I am exempt from the travel restrictions.  But others will not be. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Thank you for that. The numbers out of context sound horrendous. In context it seems similar to other places ourselves included abd the US have done better than mainland European countries you have mentioned. I dont know if there is really a way to judge adequately countries responses aside to say whatever has been attempted there is a lot of tragedy everywhere

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Sweden are pretty much at full ICU capacity and looking to send Covid patients to Finland for treatment. 

Sweden are in a worser state than us? No way!

5 hours ago, sadj said:

@Justin Z What was the USA’s position in relation to UK restrictions? 

My understanding is that the UK, as an EU member, has been restricted from anyone coming over, because Trump is a petty idiot.

As long as travel between UK and Ireland remains possible I would expect that same restriction to remain in place. But I haven't checked that in a while, it doesn't apply to me regardless because I'm a US citizen so I can return to the US from wherever I want to.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thank you for that. The numbers out of context sound horrendous. In context it seems similar to other places ourselves included abd the US have done better than mainland European countries you have mentioned. I dont know if there is really a way to judge adequately countries responses aside to say whatever has been attempted there is a lot of tragedy everywhere

It seems like the US is having its third wave but as it is such a vast country, they are mostly in the same position as us us with a second wave hitting different states at different times.

From what i read in the New York Times, new deaths in the US yesterday were at nearly 3000, up 60% from 14 days ago. It was 2 weeks ago that the figures starting hitting 200k cases a day. It looks like it will be staying that way for some time. Ominously, there was a noticeable surge in cases after thanksgiving, which doesn't bode well for xmas.

1 hour ago, westbow said:

I heard from an Edinburgh council employee that he will be WFH until at least mid April. Over a year WFH, that must suck.

Yes we have been told wfh until April at earliest 

3 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Spanish Flu (AH1N1) was around for years after the third wave. Just wasn’t as noticeably around. It is why Swine Flu wasn’t as bad as it could have been. 

Spanish Flu & Swine Flu both one and the same strain H1N1 and is also one of the strains that is in this years flu vaccine.

I suppose the public would have been spooked senseless if the authorities had mentioned that in addition to Covid-19 we'd also potentially have the same flu strain that caused the Spanish Flu outbreak in 1918 doing the rounds at the same time.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I'm not sure if there is a right way or wrong way to deal with this virus, because it doesn't seem to matter what any country tries, the virus always seems to have found a way to continue.

A vaccine/s is the only way out of this imo.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

i'm a civil servant and got back to the office in September (mon-thu) thank goodness my mental health was suffering big style bosses relented and it's made a massive difference 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Been WFH since March and expect to be until April at the earliest (not council I may add). Really beginning to take its toll now. Start work and it's dark outside, finish work and it's dark outside. Used to go to Westgate Farm after work a couple of times a week for a few beers but absolutely feck all to do now.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, JWL said:

Been WFH since March and expect to be until April at the earliest (not council I may add). Really beginning to take its toll now. Start work and it's dark outside, finish work and it's dark outside. Used to go to Westgate Farm after work a couple of times a week for a few beers but absolutely feck all to do now.

Sounds pretty crap.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic