• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Nicola Sturgeon could wear an SS outfit for her daily propaganda show .

:interehjrling:

I'd be more inclined to vote for her if she did, tbh.

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Which criteria are they not following?

I was hoping you could give me.a quick run down of what the criteria are, doug.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Could you please provide exact details on the other factors, and the formulae that they use to make the decision? :) 

Not difficult to understand, just to find. :( 

Unfortunately this.

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think they were right to close them initially to allow them to put in place measures to make them Covid safe, the ones that did should have been allowed to open back up.

And this.

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I already answered and wasn't laughing at that, so stop trying to twist things to suggest that I was. Pathetic stuff. 

Firstly, apologies as I missed your original response.

Secondly,i did say looks like he cares, but you deliberately misread that to twist it to suit your own views. 

Finally, do you believe government should be held account for their actions in care home scandal? 

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think they were right to close them initially to allow them to put in place measures to make them Covid safe, the ones that did should have been allowed to open back up.

Far too logical and sensible for here. Much better to have business spend fortune on changing layout and then change rules without so much as a second thought. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

Therefore begs the question ? why have this system then ?

We have this system because we can't have same one as England. We aren't using tier 0 or tier 4, so essentially we could have copied English one and no one would have batted an eyelid. Instead, we designed one simply so NS could be different. It hasn't worked. 

Probably a place in the Terrace for this but I see that England might be forced to forfeit their match against Iceland as their travel route would have taken them through Denmark.

Shame.

Edit: Sorry never heard it properly. It's because Iceland are playing Denmark and we won't let them into the UK for 14 days after being in Denmark.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12128599/england-may-have-to-forfeit-iceland-match-after-denmark-vs-iceland-expected-to-go-ahead

Edited by graygo

35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sorry, Taffin. I can be a bit thick at times. Do you want the historic NHS Board data or the historic Council area data?

Sorry Red, that's my poor wording and lack of knowing what I really want to see. It was just a comment that I to finding it hard to see it rather than an actual request, thank you though. Was also just unsure if it was my device preventing me seeing the trend line on the travelling tabby graph. 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We have this system because we can't have same one as England. We aren't using tier 0 or tier 4, so essentially we could have copied English one and no one would have batted an eyelid. Instead, we designed one simply so NS could be different. It hasn't worked. 

We ain't actually using the one she has made up either, she said at start places were meant to be in tier 3/4 for shortest time possible.

I can see a section of the population losing faith in anything she says shortly.

husref musemic
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

there's a whole department in Holyrood who's job it is to tie a tartan ribbon on legislation. 

Most likely burning the midnight oil to spin a Mcvaccine system.

Edited by husref musemic

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

there's a whole department in Hollywood who's job it is to tie a tartan ribbon on legislation. 

Most likely burning the midnight oil to spin a Mcvaccine system.

Wouldn't have thought anyone in Los Angeles would have given a shit about it to be honest.

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

We ain't actually using the one she has made up either, she said at start places were meant to be in tier 3/4 for shortest time possible.

I can see a section of the population losing faith in anything she says shortly.

sadly the polls say the opposite.

husref musemic
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Wouldn't have thought anyone in Los Angeles would have given a shit about it to be honest.

🤣 fekin spell checker

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Firstly, apologies as I missed your original response.

Secondly,i did say looks like he cares, but you deliberately misread that to twist it to suit your own views. 

Finally, do you believe government should be held account for their actions in care home scandal? 

Looks like he cares/does actually care, the response is the same whichever one you want to roll with.

Re care homes: it was a bad decision for sure, but one made right at the start of the pandemic when a lot of hard decisions had to be made, quickly. Pales in comparison to BoJo's catalogue of failures: https://timeline-of-failure.com/

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

sadly the polls say the opposite.

Yea, everyone to their own choice but I think she is being given an easy ride personally.

The idea of her system was to make it easier for public to understand and give confidence...

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

England's 3 tier system doesn't go far enough. They were talking about giving Liverpool at tier "3.5" just before the full lockdown was announced. (equivalent to Scotlands level 4)

England is now in full nationwide lockdown and Scotland is not. Yet here you are complaining about Scotland being different and our system not working?

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea, everyone to their own choice but I think she is being given an easy ride personally.

The idea of her system was to make it easier for public to understand and give confidence...

She is being given an easy ride.  The fact all she needs to do, or appear to do, is to be a wee bit better than that buffoon Boris must feel like the easiest job in the world. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Nicola and Jason said that hospitality was going to be the first thing they close when infections rise and they have been blindly doing that in the absence of data to back up their strategy.  I think they are too stubborn to admit they got it wrong.

Absolutely. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Looks like he cares/does actually care, the response is the same whichever one you want to roll with.

Re care homes: it was a bad decision for sure, but one made right at the start of the pandemic when a lot of hard decisions had to be made, quickly. Pales in comparison to BoJo's catalogue of failures: https://timeline-of-failure.com/

So is someone in government accountable or not. Stop dragging BJ into post as defence for NS incompetence. Whataboutery isn't justification for sending hospital patients to Care Homes without being tested. Having internal enquiry and clearing themselves is simply not good enough. NS is in charge and the buck stops with her. She should admit responsibility and resign. She won't though because she knows her disciples will forgive her anything. 

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

England's 3 tier system doesn't go far enough. They were talking about giving Liverpool at tier "3.5" just before the full lockdown was announced. (equivalent to Scotlands level 4)

England is now in full nationwide lockdown and Scotland is not. Yet here you are complaining about Scotland being different and our system not working?

Indeed. An image paints a thousand words.

1536399271_Screenshotat2020-11-0919-03-00.png.6f95a91e8d10c8303a18022f2f0f9314.png

39 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I was fully supportive for months until she just started spouting lies re hospitality .. more and more people will break or bend the rules. Already more and more people are heading to lower tier areas or having gatherings indoors

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, the general said:

I was fully supportive for months until she just started spouting lies re hospitality .. more and more people will break or bend the rules. Already more and more people are heading to lower tier areas or having gatherings indoors

Not good.

11 minutes ago, the general said:

Me too. Sacrificing an industry that had worked the hardest to keep us safe was unforgivable. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Me too. Sacrificing an industry that had worked the hardest to keep us safe was unforgivable. 

I agree.

SectionFJambo
7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Any stats to back up the industry that worked the hardest? a few plastic screens and packs of sanitiser is hardly ground breaking.

also stats going down since the measures were put in place - all a coincidence.

Hospitality just has the advantage it's much harder to track those cases back.

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I was in pubs where they didn't even ask your number so please stop posting shite. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Nicola and Jason said that hospitality was going to be the first thing they close when infections rise and they have been blindly doing that in the absence of data to back up their strategy.  I think they are too stubborn to admit they got it wrong.

I think the data does exist (freely available weekly from PHE) but I've never seen it once from SG. 

I think we're not getting to see it as it would blow her 'strategy' apart. 

A bit like the basis of the tier system decisions, which will be released tomorrow and will bear no relation to the data. 

6 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Any stats to back up the industry that worked the hardest? a few plastic screens and packs of sanitiser is hardly ground breaking.

It’s the Scottish government that should be producing statistics BEFORE they take the step to sacrifice an industry that tens of thousands of people, many on low incomes, rely on. 

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I was in pubs where they didn't even ask your number so please stop posting shite. 

So why were those pubs not closed and the ones who were following rules and guidelines kept open. 

2 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

The massive increase in cases, hospitalisations and deaths coupled with the stabilisation is well documented.

The massive increase cause by what?

Weakened Offender
Just now, GinRummy said:

So why were those pubs not closed and the ones who were following rules and guidelines kept open. 

Dunno. Maybe there were too many. 

I do have sympathy for restaurants though. I never visited one that didn't have it down to a tee. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Obviously the inspectors weren’t doing their job which is pretty poor stuff.

SectionFJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

The massive increase cause by what?

You know the one that came not long after pubs, bars etc. reopening that has started to drop since?

4 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

You know the one that came not long after pubs, bars etc. reopening that has started to drop since?

So, you actually believe it’s all down to pubs? To be clear, you are saying numbers climbed because of pubs and dropped because pubs were closed? That’s it. The key to controlling the virus is closing pubs?

Edited by GinRummy

Heartsmad1874
2 hours ago, Darren said:

Capture.PNG.e816c0980751e859b480dab2b66c14db.PNG

Capture.PNG

Laughable that. Glasgow at one end and Edinburgh/Midlothian at the bottom. Looks like West Lothian letting us down badly :sad: 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Obviously the inspectors weren’t doing their job which is pretty poor stuff.

👏👏👏 point well made. 

SectionFJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So, you actually believe it’s all down to pubs? To be clear, you are saying numbers climbed because of pubs and dropped because puns were closed? That’s it. The key to controlling the virus is closing pubs?

I think it's very likely hospitality contributes to the spread. Does it mean it's the only reason no but its easier to control than workplaces, schools, homes etc. 

I like the earlier poster only went in to about 2 restaurants after reopening and neither took my details or even explained the basic Covid measures. I also saw folk getting away with wandering around without masks on etc. 

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Dunno. Maybe there were too many. 

I do have sympathy for restaurants though. I never visited one that didn't have it down to a tee. 

Too many for what? It’s peoples jobs at stake here. Broad strokes on one hand and micromanagement on the other is clearly double standards. 

5 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

I think it's very likely hospitality contributes to the spread. Does it mean it's the only reason no but its easier to control than workplaces, schools, homes etc. 

I like the earlier poster only went in to about 2 restaurants after reopening and neither took my details or even explained the basic Covid measures. I also saw folk getting away with wandering around without masks on etc. 

Hospitality and retail are workplaces. The people who work there are often extremely hard workers, dedicated to their trade and often on very poor money leaving them exposed during times like this.

To them it's no different to going into an office or whatever the other staff at 'workplaces' do. They rely on it, it's their livelihood.

I've seen more breaches in other workplaces than I did when going out for meals at restaurants and pubs or to the shops.

They're an easy target because their line of work can be painted as non-essential and frivolous. 

Not having a go at you btw, but it's annoying how they get separated out as if their work is somehow less important to them.

Edited by Taffin

15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yes there is. The excuse is widely published within gym and leisure centre guidance. 

What’s the excuse then If it doesn’t impact breathing?

1 minute ago, SectionFJambo said:

So those restaurants should have been closed for breaking the rules. The environmental health officers, parking attendants and other council and government staff who were suddenly less busy could have been re-purposed to ensure premises were compliant but no, just **** the lot of them for the greater good. All in it together type pish is hollow as **** if your unemployed with 6 weeks till Christmas. Shameful scapegoating.

husref musemic
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

in the one party state she & her incompents get an easy ride that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So those restaurants should have been closed for breaking the rules. The environmental health officers, parking attendants and other council and government staff who were suddenly less busy could have been re-purposed to ensure premises were compliant but no, just **** the lot of them for the greater good. All in it together type pish is hollow as **** if your unemployed with 6 weeks till Christmas. Shameful scapegoating.

well said..

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s the excuse then If it doesn’t impact breathing?

You said there was no excuse. There is, it's not mandatory. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

As someone who works in hospitality I can assure we did almost everything we could at my work, nothing is full proof though and you’re relying on staff and customers to do the right things. 
Ive been in other establishments and not been impressed with their measures, and heard horror stories of other pubs. 
I have no real problem with them being closed at this stage. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

What was the deal with say 4 friends meeting up in the pub? Did they all sit at separate tables? Asking as I never really want to a pub at night or for a bevy, just for a family meal. Both times I did that I saw tables of 4 with no extra distancing at all. 

Depends on how many households they were from at that particular point of time, you can only go with what the customer tells you. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic