Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The Germans having a national lockdown as well. 

Are they putting towls on hospital beds yet?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

ITV news at ten headlining Virus will worsen till March !

could somebody make their mind up ffs 

politicians journalists and scientists all playing mind games with the public 

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Third point is interesting...

Highlights

First empirical report of findings from a Latin American country on antisocial traits associated with compliance with containment measures.

Lower levels of empathy and higher levels of Callousness, Deceitfulness, and Risk-taking are associated with lower compliance with containment measures.

The increase in COVID-19 cases in the country are not associated with people's adherence to containment measures.

Think you’ve misunderstood this (apologies if I’ve misunderstood from my brief reading of the abstract), but it is stating that adherence to containment measures does not increase in line with an increase Covid-19 cases i.e. as Covid cases goes up, adherence stays the same.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Refusing to wear a face mask amid the pandemic has been linked to anti-social personality disorders, new research shows.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886920305377

Did someone actually waste time and money  in research to reach this conclusion?

Talk about the bleeding obvious!

Meanwhile is there in any real evidence that face masks make a blind bit of difference?

Edited by Francis Albert

33 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If you hear anything that emanates from Sage, you can be sure it's short of evidence and full of pish. 

Francis Albert
On 11/10/2020 at 19:20, jonesy said:

Yes, but it makes them more comfortable only in their ignorance. It's as if they think they're immune. 

If it makes them more comfortable why can you see despite the masks the terror in their eyes? And why do many of them recoil if you even get close to 2 metres from them?  The psychological damage in addition to all the other damage of the response to this worries me much more than Covid19 itself. All triggered by deaths at an average age of over 82. 

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yep, guilty of skimming.

However...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disposable-face-masks-creating-new-plastic-pollution-crisis-experts-warn-12045350

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/photo-of-seagull-carrying-discarded-face-mask-sparks-concern-2313536

As a responsible adult, I haven't used a single disposable mask (except one emergency trip to the Sick Kids in June when I was given one at reception - when the doc came in to see to my son he had his pulled down around his chin; he also suggested I do the same if it made me more comfortable) and wear a completely ineffectual Buff to save hassle when grabbing something from a shop or in the corridor at work. Any longer than a minute or so and I'm pulling at it in order to breath, anyway, so it's a complete waste of time, like most of the restrictions.

I have posted a few times about mask users completely disregarding the advice about proper wearing of masks. Disposable masks to be disposed after one use. Washable masks  to ne washed after each use. Avoidance of touching mask

Expecting a response from the ardent rule followers I was sure at least one of them would claim.to be following the mask wearing rules. No-one did. 

Edited by Francis Albert

57 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just yesterday scientists were telling us a vaccine could be available by Xmas. 

Now we are being told the  2nd wave of the virus could be longer and more deadly than the first wave.😕

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Did you mean March 2021? 😅

No wonder you get stick.

You've dredged up a post from February to get all smart with another poster.

How long did it take you to find that post.

You're obviously a busy man😞

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Excellent summary 

Excellent summary even though he comes across as an annoying twat 😂.

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I can see it but I liked DD so most unfair.

th-2.jpeg

Dem cotton-pickin’ varmints! I loved it as a kid but when you translate it out of “deep south” speak you can see why it got canned 😂

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Now we are being told the  2nd wave of the virus could be longer and more deadly than the first wave.😕

I'm at the stage now that I ignore all prognostications, luckydug. I just focus on the here and now, and recent trends.

There's so much guff out there. I'll believe the vaccine is available when I see it actually being produced and administered.

Shooter McGavin

You can’t control a virus, and the attempts being made to suppress it will ruin the economy, kill businesses and destroy peoples lives. 

Seriously, how bleak are the next 5 or even 10 years going to be.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

You can’t control a virus, and the attempts being made to suppress it will ruin the economy, kill businesses and destroy peoples lives. 

How so?

Shooter McGavin
Just now, redjambo said:

How so?

It would appear the only thing we can do is suppress it or slow it down, but then when restrictions are eased, cases rise. 

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

It would appear the only thing we can do is suppress it or slow it down, but then when restrictions are eased, cases rise. 

It depends on the restrictions and the level of cases, imo. If we can get it low enough and hit each cluster infection hard, and cleverly, then it is manageable. Ask New Zealand (although admittedly they can generate a more closed system than we would be able to unless we banned foreign travel or closely controlled isolation on return). But boy, it's tough to get it down to that level in reality and it takes a real communal effort to keep it there.

It's always going to be a balance though, and I appreciate that you don't think we have the right balance.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, redjambo said:

It depends on the restrictions and the level of cases, imo. If we can get it low enough and hit each cluster infection hard, and cleverly, then it is manageable. Ask New Zealand (although admittedly they can generate a more closed system than we would be able to unless we banned foreign travel or closely controlled isolation on return). But boy, it's tough to get it down to that level in reality and it takes a real communal effort to keep it there.

It's always going to be a balance though, and I appreciate that you don't think we have the right balance.

Losing hope by the day mate. Seems to be a slide of people being more afraid of the impact the restrictions will have on their families and livelihoods, than actual coronavirus. To be completely honest, I don’t blame them. 

Feels like if we’re in and out of lockdown or restrictions are extended etc, then something has to snap eventually.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Losing hope by the day mate. Seems to be a slide of people being more afraid of the impact the restrictions will have on their families and livelihoods, than actual coronavirus. To be completely honest, I don’t blame them. 

Feels like if we’re in and out of lockdown or restrictions are extended etc, then something has to snap eventually.

That vaccine can't come quick enough, that's for sure.

33 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Never mind 5 or 10 years, our kids will be paying for this their entire lives 

Ahead of the announcement of which local councils are to be placed in which Covid tier, here's the chart of the relative 7-day per-capita infections as of yesterday:

Chart.jpg.a0e41965d8b9c37da0ad0a894f0c215a.jpg

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Shut down for France and Germany?

How are Boreus un Wee Nippy influencing these major countries?

:hypno:

7 hours ago, OBE said:

Take out the Esk bridges and they're fecked Gin...:thumbsup:

That’s a plan. 

not sure what’s going on with The Ship. Been shut for ages. Was a handy place to meet pals coming through from town. 

I know that people being happy/thankful just to have a job was a thing already particularly post-2008 but that's really going to be more pronounced after this. Companies are definitely going to take advantage of paying less for the same or more production for the next x amount of years or until something worse than covid comes along. 

cviczuuf7fv51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

No wonder you get stick.

You've dredged up a post from February to get all smart with another poster.

How long did it take you to find that post.

You're obviously a busy man😞

You're a greedy, greedy fish Dug, his line is tight with you arduously running up stream, it's difficult, I know, but you must resist...see, you've got me involved now :facepalm:  He's a Master...

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, OBE said:

You're a greedy, greedy fish Dug, his line is tight with you arduously running up stream, it's difficult, I know, but you must resist...see, you've got me involved now :facepalm:  He's a Master...

Best idea might be to just pop him on ignore and kick back whilst Hamilton's low life expectancy runs it's natural course. There would be little joy in that, though. Better to watch the drama unfold. ⚰️ 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Dem cotton-pickin’ varmints! I loved it as a kid but when you translate it out of “deep south” speak you can see why it got canned 😂

You mean when the PC left translated it to mean what they wanted it to mean to suit there agenda? 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

By boffins whose jobs an big salaries are in no danger whatsoever. Interesting eh? And they had the cheek to try and suggest sections of the public have an "I'm alright Jack" attitude. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Shut down for France and Germany?

How are Boreus un Wee Nippy influencing these major countries?

:cornette_dog:

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t get off at the Ship Inn, it’s shut ☹️

My local...been shut over a fecking year now. Was meant to be early November but don’t see them pushing for that when they’ll get jerked around opening and shutting tbh. 
£1.7m Doyle has spent on it altogether apparently. Place has been proper gutted. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

My local...been shut over a fecking year now. Was meant to be early November but don’t see them pushing for that when they’ll get jerked around opening and shutting tbh. 
£1.7m Doyle has spent on it altogether apparently. Place has been proper gutted. 

Least they picked the right time to close it to do the work. Different matter on when it can open again mind you 

24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:cornette_dog:

Italy struggling as well, the hand of Wee Nippy and Boreus is far reaching.

40 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Best idea might be to just pop him on ignore and kick back whilst Hamilton's low life expectancy runs it's natural course. There would be little joy in that, though. Better to watch the drama unfold. ⚰️ 👍

I know, I know, thanks for the advice 👍 but he's a bit like a scab, keep picking it hoping it/he's gonna get better...if you know what I mean?

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Take it easy, mate. Glad you've got folk around you helping out. If there's one thing the last few months have taught me, it's not to take these people for granted.

We are indeed all in it together. 

That is, we who are suffering at the hands of irresponsible, criminal decisions being made at the top levels of government. It being the unholy mess these control freaks have created. The virus has nothing on them. Should be strung up.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Never mind 5 or 10 years, our kids will be paying for this their entire lives 

kids, grandkids and great grandkids and beyond , if our offspring can actually afford to have children 

7 hours ago, redjambo said:

Should’ve shut the bloody borders at the start of this . Too late now .

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Italy struggling as well, the hand of Wee Nippy and Boreus is far reaching.

I know they are.

Wee nippy and Boreus.:vrface:

8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Excellent summary even though he comes across as an annoying twat 😂.

He was bad enough on Balls of Steel.

I noticed yesterday that Scotland had trickled over 60,000 positive tests for coronavirus. Seems like a big number, doesn't it?

That's 0.01% of Scotland's population. In seven months.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know they are.

Wee nippy and Boreus.:vrface:

Covering your eye won't stop the spread.

Friendly advice.

Semi on Sat should be played at Foresters Park (Tranent) or Bonnyrigg, their dykes are no very high  :peepwall:  The thought of travelling West may have a few players anxious.

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

She's a criminal, with the blood of thousands on her hands.

Hope the judges don't go soft on her when sentencing comes.

You talk some sheeight! 

Tell me who has done any better. Every country around Europe in the same boat. She’s done what she can with limited power. Unfortunately Boris holds all the aces. 

Just now, spirt of 98 said:

You talk some sheeight! 

Tell me who has done any better. Every country around Europe in the same boat. She’s done what she can with limited power. Unfortunately Boris holds all the aces. 

More whatabootery from you.

The SG are a complete shitshow and all over the place, choosing to make lockdown decisions based on political motives rather than the data.  People are not going to pay attention to a discredited government.

35 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It just seems inevitable that we will be back in full lockdown soon, it’s so depressing. 

It seems pointless to start this tier system when you look at the direction the rest of Europe is going in. 

I suppose on the bright side us in South Lanarkshire start our full lockdown this afternoon anyway. 

At least we have Saturday to look forward to. 

This fecking Covid. I always said it would end in tiers.

2 hours ago, OBE said:

Couldn't help it mate. 

Dragging up a post from February ffs. 

If I had the time and desire I could drag up hundreds of well meaning optimistic posts that we've all made. Nobody thought this was going to drag on like this back then. 

I had paid the final installment on my holiday and travel experts were assuring us all would be well for holidays. 

Imagine if we dragged up all the optimistic posts from the start of the 2018/19 season when we won our first

half dozen matches 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

More whatabootery from you.

The SG are a complete shitshow and all over the place, choosing to make lockdown decisions based on political motives rather than the data.  People are not going to pay attention to a discredited government.

Aye cause every other Government in Europe and further a field is doing amazing. 

Governments just doing their best in the face of the unknown trying to protect lives and balance the economy. It’s not easy. 

I am a realist the real people to blame are the human race who are selfish to the core. The folk going about their lives like there’s no virus.

What about pulling together as a nation and defeating the virus. But naw all I hear is I need a pint, I need a holiday, this is effecting my mental health. Tell that to the 40,000 ish dead across the uk. Tell it to the folk currently in the ICU. 

Honestly I am done with cants like you greetin all the time. Me me me boo hoo. Dry yer eyes.

Edited by spirt of 98

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic