Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can read the script. He'll recover without a blemish and then come out and tell the World that it's nothing worse than a cold.

Add in Sleepy Joe Biden couldn't cope though and you won't be far away.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psychedelicropcircle

Now is a good time to head to the White House kitchen sink & try the bleach theory out🤘

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Some studies are suggesting that sleep is really importing in reducing impact of COVID and possibly chances of catching. Not overly surprising considering the importance that shut eye plays for the immune system.

Good bye Kickback. It's been a blast. :(

59 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Blackford getting interviewed by Kate Burley on Sky news now. It’s still in the headlines and Ferrier is in the resignation firing line. She may be gone by Sturgeons briefing time today. 

he was on bbc breakfast and refused to say she should quit. Even when pointed out the hipocracy of him calling for cummings to quit/be fired after eyesight driving test. it felt like he was hoping it would blow over without having to fire her

doctor jambo
9 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim that Sturgeon thinks Eat out to help out was responsible for cases that didn't actually happen i.e. mythical cases. 

Do we really know that institutional settings like hospitals, care homes,food processing factories etc account for more cases than pubs and restaurants? Where is your evidence? I thought house parties were the big cause.

Do you really think it was NS decision to "herd" Covid patients into care homes? Was it not the case that these decisions were or should have been based on individual clinical decisions? Was it not the clinicians who directed older people to care homes because they were scared the hospitals were going to be overrun?  Was it not the privately run care home owners who saw this as a money making opportunity and did not prepare properly for the increased numbers?

Are universities not responsible for their students? Was it not their decision to have the students back? I can only imagine the outcry from you had the SG demanded that Unis stay shut and deprive students and universities of the "social and economic benefits" that attendance would provide. This clearly is at odds with your claim that she clearly "doesn't like people going out and enjoying themselves,  preferring instead that we cower away in our houses worrying about Covid."? 

The notion that the EOTHO scheme was a "fantastic success" is understandable since a lot of people took advantage of it. Subsidising pubs and restaurants is a total waste of money though and no responsible government should introduce such a scheme. i wonder if any countries thought it a good idea to throw money at junk food providers in a pandemic while simultaneously campaigning for increased physical fitness in the population because they needed it to fight the disease.

EOTHO was a great idea, because regardless of your thoughts on the matter, these businesses were locked down entirely arbitrarlily by government diktat, suffering catastrophic plunges in their incomes.

You can either have tax payers ( governments dont have their own money) paying hospitality workers to sit at home doing nada, or you can try and keep those businesses viable, and actually have people working for their money.

Back in May, Margaret Ferrier said Dominic Cummings should stand down after it was revealed he had travelled with his wife and son to Durham, despite feeling unwell with coronavirus symptoms.

Well?

image.jpeg.b9bcb6b05093faa6dc88fa30f21b70d0.jpeg

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They leave or we all leave without paying(Everyone else) . You decide. That's what I'd have said. 

My son has an exemption for asthma and he's in hospital at least once a year on oxygen. And he wears a mask. 

Too many people use asthma as an excuse not to wear a mask and yet probably some smoke 

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he was on bbc breakfast and refused to say she should quit. Even when pointed out the hipocracy of him calling for cummings to quit/be fired after eyesight driving test. it felt like he was hoping it would blow over without having to fire her

Blackfords tone was different in the Sky interview this morning it was leaning more towards she should consider her position. He also said he can’t sack her .

I take it as she is an elected MP the SNP cannot sack her. She would have to stand down as MP. 

Can the SNP sack you from the party? Meaning she would be an independent MP in the seat?

Hopefully she will just do the honourable thing today and stand down, at least leave with a shred of dignity still in tact. 

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

EOTHO was a great idea, because regardless of your thoughts on the matter, these businesses were locked down entirely arbitrarlily by government diktat, suffering catastrophic plunges in their incomes.

You can either have tax payers ( governments dont have their own money) paying hospitality workers to sit at home doing nada, or you can try and keep those businesses viable, and actually have people working for their money.

And people seem to forget when u took up the offer you could have healthy options re food ! 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Smack said:

I had it as a flabby smoker at the start of September. Certainly didn't brush it off like these healthy types seem to. Fairly sure I caught it from my daughter who displayed the mildest of mild symptoms but was able to keep going to school - please direct all complaints to her irresponsible mother. 

It was nasty but not as horrendous as I thought it might be, although obviously it will vary from person to person. Basically just stayed at home and dosed up on Sudafed to manage the fever. The worst part was the fatigue, it's wasnt a weakness I felt, just utterly drained. The frustrating part is it doesn't just switch off like a cold does, the recovery is so gradual, and even then you feel slightly more energy one day but back to square one the next three or four. All clear now, but still nowhere near 100%

Can't complain, survived to tell the tale, and lost the flab. 

Overall rating: 2/10

Preferable to the gym or jogging for weight loss. A good incentive to get your affairs in order. Looming feeling that the Reaper is eyeing you up. Wouldn't contract again. 

Good to hear the “ flabby smoker “ brigade can survive it lol 😂 actually u made me laugh re weight loss . Only time I’ve really lost a good amount of weight ( not that I’m overweight as such ) was when I was ill with a stomach disorder years ago . Lost about 2 stone ! One of my friends may have had it couple weeks back . He had fever , chills , cough and thinks he may have lost his sense of smell . He is fine now . Thing is I was with him a lot of the time , at his house etc and nothing happened to me ? So unsure if I caught it or not . It’s an odd one for sure 

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Good news for Ms Ferrier as this might deflect attention away from her unfortunately getting caught.

Top topic on the various phone ins. The problem is she's now a symbol for people in power breaking the rules. Being a low level SNP politician is irrelevant. 

Edited by Mikey1874

38 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I take it as she is an elected MP the SNP cannot sack her. She would have to stand down as MP. 

Can the SNP sack you from the party? Meaning she would be an independent MP in the seat?

Hopefully she will just do the honourable thing today and stand down, at least leave with a shred of dignity still in tact. 

Yes

Maybe why the SNP were slow initially to discipline her. 

40 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don't think there is much more the SNP can do at this stage

Reading the reply’s to sturgeon on her Twitter and her supporters really are brainwashed saying what a great leader she is and how it’s a great statement. 

What else could she have said?

Not as if she could have came out and backed her 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s going to be an interesting watch and see how Trump copes with COVID. 74 years old, over weight and possibly other conditions we or he is unaware of. 
This could be a game changer. 

First thought is him trying to get the election postponed for a year or 4. 

heartstastic
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Some studies are suggesting that sleep is really importing in reducing impact of COVID and possibly chances of catching. Not overly surprising considering the importance that shut eye plays for the immune system.

Taking care of your health is becoming more important due to the COVID and reduced medical services.

People now need studies to show them that sleep can help you when you feel poorly, that a good night sleep boosts your immune system and that taking care of your own health is important. Society seems to be regressing rapidly.

coconut doug
8 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

any evidence at all Doug?

He wanted to put the nation on a diet and was simultaneously subsidising the public eating Junk food.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8467605/Mr-Motivator-Boris-Johnson-wants-nation-fit-beat-coronavirus-new-obesity-drive.html

Is this news to you? Are you surprised by the conflicting messages put out by this government?

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Good news for Ms Ferrier as this might deflect attention away from her unfortunately getting caught.

Hope not. 

Just had my first test after having dinner with 3 people who have since tested positive. Negative result!

Not sure how many of you have had it but I wouldn’t describe it as a pleasant experience.. they shoved a stick up my nose then another nurse came in and in true Spanish style they had a conversation! My eyes were streaming after 20 seconds or so. 

21 minutes ago, theshed said:

Reading the reply’s to sturgeon on her Twitter and her supporters really are brainwashed saying what a great leader she is and how it’s a great statement. 

She is good, not great, but good. 

coconut doug
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He was the top doctor in his field in Italy who had been on the front line since the start. Hardly a random doctor

Was he really?  What does his research show? Who peer reviewed it and why is it not a widely held view if it is from such an eminent source?

24 minutes ago, theshed said:

What else could she have said/done?

Do you remember Dominic Cummings?

9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

He wanted to put the nation on a diet and was simultaneously subsidising the public eating Junk food.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8467605/Mr-Motivator-Boris-Johnson-wants-nation-fit-beat-coronavirus-new-obesity-drive.html

Is this news to you? Are you surprised by the conflicting messages put out by this government?

What do you want them to do, force feed the healthy options to the proles? 😀

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

People now need studies to show them that sleep can help you when you feel poorly, that a good night sleep boosts your immune system and that taking care of your own health is important. Society seems to be regressing rapidly.

That’s good to know as I like my sleep 💤 

heartstastic
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah me too...was it not self evident without the need for a study though?

1 minute ago, Gone said:

What else could she have said/done?

Do you remember Dominic Cummings?

Nothing really. Her response has been the right one. This is on the individual that ****ed up. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We need more sleep imo.

13 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

We need more studies imo.

heartstastic
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more sleep imo.

We need more studies imo.

A study to study people carrying out pointless studies...count me in Gov.

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

She'll be gone by the end of the day, quite rightly. ****ing idiot.

Just caching up on the last few pages. Why are people assuming a vaccine is a one-off injection that makes you immune?

You will need to take it every few months.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many people use asthma as an excuse not to wear a mask and yet probably some smoke 

How do you know this ?

coconut doug
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

You are the person who endlessly complains about the levels of taxation and how despite your large government funded salary this has impacted adversely on your life. Despite this you think it a good idea to subsidise this part of the hospitality industry while others in our community got absolutely nothing. 

You also never tire of telling us about your lifestyle induced overweight and unhealthy patients who should not be such a burden on the NHS and yet here you are advocating for subsidised junk food. Who do you think is most likely to take advantage of these half price offers?

The reality is as usual that this government scheme was nothing more than a payback to Tory donors at Mcdonald's and various breweries and pub groups. Pubs are closing rapidly all over the country, why would any responsible government want to subsidise a declining industry in this way? Why would any responsible doctor want the government to subsidise the consumption of junk food?

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Yes studies for years have stated that . I’m one of those lucky people when I go to bed I sleep nearly right away 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Have you canvassed the non face covering folk to come to that conclusion or just made it up? 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Have you canvassed the non face covering folk to come to that conclusion or just made it up? 

His MP told him

20 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Just caching up on the last few pages. Why are people assuming a vaccine is a one-off injection that makes you immune?

And yet you're making assumptions too. 🥴

Heartsmad1874

So in Wuhan where all this shit started they are attending raves etc yet meanwhile here in the UK its illegal to go visit your extended family.

58 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Just had my first test after having dinner with 3 people who have since tested positive. Negative result!

Not sure how many of you have had it but I wouldn’t describe it as a pleasant experience.. they shoved a stick up my nose then another nurse came in and in true Spanish style they had a conversation! My eyes were streaming after 20 seconds or so. 

Good news, KP. :thumb:

27 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

You seem to know more than the manufactures who are still developing a vaccine.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

So in Wuhan where all this shit started they are attending raves etc yet meanwhile here in the UK its illegal to go visit your extended family.

Would you like us to to go down the China route of sorting this out? 

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

They were also sealing people into their homes 🤣 Made our lockdown seem trivial!

27 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Regarding the bit in bold, are you a bot? ;)

(probably an in joke for computer scientists)

Dennis Reynolds
30 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

At the moment it looks like it'll be one injection with a booster a week or so later. Possibly every year like the flu jab but that's still to be figured out.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Figures are certainly ramping up now. ☹️

I know there has been quite a few rumblings about this 'circuit breaker' 2 week full lockdown over the school holidays but every day it gets closer the more I believe it 🤔

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic