Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

coconut doug
59 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Eat Out to Help Out was a fantastic idea and a great success. A lot of restaurants have continued it through September and now into October. Any "mythical " affect on cases that Sturgeon imagines is far outweighed by the social and economic benefit that the initiative has brought and continues to bring.  We know that institutional settings - hospitals, care homes, food processing factories etc account for far more "cases" than pubs and restaurants.  Perhaps she should reflect on her decision to herd both Covid patients into care homes and university students back into accomodation blocks rather than scaremongering about hospitality. She quite clearly doesn't like people going out and enjoying themselves,  preferring instead that we cower away in our houses worrying about Covid. For most people, those days are past,  people are, quite rightly , now not frightened of Covid and are getting on with their lives.

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim that Sturgeon thinks Eat out to help out was responsible for cases that didn't actually happen i.e. mythical cases. 

Do we really know that institutional settings like hospitals, care homes,food processing factories etc account for more cases than pubs and restaurants? Where is your evidence? I thought house parties were the big cause.

Do you really think it was NS decision to "herd" Covid patients into care homes? Was it not the case that these decisions were or should have been based on individual clinical decisions? Was it not the clinicians who directed older people to care homes because they were scared the hospitals were going to be overrun?  Was it not the privately run care home owners who saw this as a money making opportunity and did not prepare properly for the increased numbers?

Are universities not responsible for their students? Was it not their decision to have the students back? I can only imagine the outcry from you had the SG demanded that Unis stay shut and deprive students and universities of the "social and economic benefits" that attendance would provide. This clearly is at odds with your claim that she clearly "doesn't like people going out and enjoying themselves,  preferring instead that we cower away in our houses worrying about Covid."? 

The notion that the EOTHO scheme was a "fantastic success" is understandable since a lot of people took advantage of it. Subsidising pubs and restaurants is a total waste of money though and no responsible government should introduce such a scheme. i wonder if any countries thought it a good idea to throw money at junk food providers in a pandemic while simultaneously campaigning for increased physical fitness in the population because they needed it to fight the disease.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:
Just found this in a comment section on youtube...can't quite put my finger on it but it reminds me of somebody🤔

I am from Hamilton, they better lock this place down because of the selfishness of this woman before we all die.

If you are in Hamilton I suspect you are already the living dead....

:rofl:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim that ........

Subsidising pubs and restaurants is a total waste of money though and no responsible government should introduce such a scheme. i wonder if any countries thought it a good idea to throw money at junk food providers in a pandemic while simultaneously campaigning for increased physical fitness in the population because they needed it to fight the disease.

any evidence at all Doug?

6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Is Margaret a murderer?  @ri Alban

She will be, if she infects anyone. Just like Boris or Cummings when they did their dumbass covid moments. Shaking hands and checking eyesight. 

Anyway she possibly infected WM, so I slept no bad. 👍

6 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Great post and sums up perfectly what me and a lot of my hard working, honest friends and family feel about all politicians after the blatant disregard for the rules that they set the rest of us.  Tories have made calamity after calamity and sturgeon has patronisingly dined out on it all. Be interesting to see what she says tomorrow especially after dancing round her hand bag before caving to public pressure and getting rid of the previous CMO after her trips to St Andrews. 

Pretty sure it was Earlsferry, not St Andrews. 

On 30/09/2020 at 14:22, Brian Dundas said:

As a big fatty former smoker that is a worry. 

I had it as a flabby smoker at the start of September. Certainly didn't brush it off like these healthy types seem to. Fairly sure I caught it from my daughter who displayed the mildest of mild symptoms but was able to keep going to school - please direct all complaints to her irresponsible mother. 

It was nasty but not as horrendous as I thought it might be, although obviously it will vary from person to person. Basically just stayed at home and dosed up on Sudafed to manage the fever. The worst part was the fatigue, it's wasnt a weakness I felt, just utterly drained. The frustrating part is it doesn't just switch off like a cold does, the recovery is so gradual, and even then you feel slightly more energy one day but back to square one the next three or four. All clear now, but still nowhere near 100%

Can't complain, survived to tell the tale, and lost the flab. 

Overall rating: 2/10

Preferable to the gym or jogging for weight loss. A good incentive to get your affairs in order. Looming feeling that the Reaper is eyeing you up. Wouldn't contract again. 

On 16/09/2020 at 08:57, frankblack said:

I know - should have asked them to produce their inhalers then told them to bolt.

They leave or we all leave without paying(Everyone else) . You decide. That's what I'd have said. 

My son has an exemption for asthma and he's in hospital at least once a year on oxygen. And he wears a mask. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Smack said:

I guess that Trumps my personal interest puff piece 😁

Hope he's OK. And I hope it's not some wee trick to get out of the debates or prove how invincible he is. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hope he's OK. And I hope it's not some wee trick to get out of the debates or prove how invincible he is. 

He wouldn't lie about having Covid would he 🤔

Maybe Obama should demand to see the Covid Certificate. 

3 minutes ago, Smack said:

He wouldn't lie about having Covid would he 🤔

Maybe Obama should demand to see the Covid Certificate. 

🤣 Please Barack, make it so. 

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He gets plenty vitamin d from the Sun as he is never off the golf course.You cant help being sceptical of everything he says or does though.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

He gets plenty vitamin d from the Sun as he is never off the golf course.You cant help being sceptical of everything he says or does though.

Indeed, you cannot. But if he gets it as bad as Boris, he's fecked. Hopefully he'll change his ways after this. 

4 minutes ago, Smack said:

Swift course of Domestos and he'll be fine. 

On form this fine morning, Smack. :rofl:

Didn’t realise DT was 6 ft 4. And a fat feck anaw. At 74 he's in a world of pain, IF! he has it. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Smack said:

Swift course of Domestos and he'll be fine. 

Or a really bright light inside will just blow it away.

A 5kW floodlight and a jar of vaseline ought to cover it.  

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Indeed, you cannot. But if he gets it as bad as Boris, he's fecked. Hopefully he'll change his ways after this. 

I wouldn't bet on him changing be more a case of him bragging ( that sounds horrible to say but just how the guy portrays everything ) and will end up using it to attack Biden with things like Sleepy Joe wouldn't beat it.

Anyway of course I hope he recovers the same as everybody else who has it.Trump's pain should come later in an election loss which will result in him being hurt where it hurts the most when he has the £1b ( rumoured ) personal debt he has stacked up.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I wouldn't bet on him changing be more a case of him bragging ( that sounds horrible to say but just how the guy portrays everything ) and will end up using it to attack Biden with things like Sleepy Joe wouldn't beat it.

Anyway of course I hope he recovers the same as everybody else who has it.Trump's pain should come later in an election loss which will result in him being hurt where it hurts the most when he has the £1b ( rumoured ) personal debt he has stacked up.

There's a prison cell with his name on it, in Cuba. 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I get where your coming from but I have little doubt he’s got it. I also suspect he will breeze through it and then use it as campaigning tool. He will try and turn this to his advantage, 

Though he over 70,  overweight and doesn’t believe in exercise,. Those factors certainly increase his risk. 

Why the govts aren’t spending time and money on encouraging people to get healthier and  loose weight to combat the effects if you catch has always been somewhat surprise to me. 

Correct. It's not the Coronavirus that's the problem, it's how your body reacts. And if you're really unfit, your fecked. Tho, he does do some amount of walking, so he may be fitter than he looks. 

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Or a really bright light inside will just blow it away.

A 5kW floodlight and a jar of vaseline ought to cover it.  

Speaking from experience are we? 

The Internet
5 hours ago, heartstastic said:
Just found this in a comment section on youtube...can't quite put my finger on it but it reminds me of somebody🤔

I am from Hamilton, they better lock this place down because of the selfishness of this woman before we all die.

:lol:

Must admit when I seen you posting something you found on a youtube comment section I expected worse. 

6 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim that Sturgeon thinks Eat out to help out was responsible for cases that didn't actually happen i.e. mythical cases. 

Do we really know that institutional settings like hospitals, care homes,food processing factories etc account for more cases than pubs and restaurants? Where is your evidence? I thought house parties were the big cause.

Do you really think it was NS decision to "herd" Covid patients into care homes? Was it not the case that these decisions were or should have been based on individual clinical decisions? Was it not the clinicians who directed older people to care homes because they were scared the hospitals were going to be overrun?  Was it not the privately run care home owners who saw this as a money making opportunity and did not prepare properly for the increased numbers?

Are universities not responsible for their students? Was it not their decision to have the students back? I can only imagine the outcry from you had the SG demanded that Unis stay shut and deprive students and universities of the "social and economic benefits" that attendance would provide. This clearly is at odds with your claim that she clearly "doesn't like people going out and enjoying themselves,  preferring instead that we cower away in our houses worrying about Covid."? 

The notion that the EOTHO scheme was a "fantastic success" is understandable since a lot of people took advantage of it. Subsidising pubs and restaurants is a total waste of money though and no responsible government should introduce such a scheme. i wonder if any countries thought it a good idea to throw money at junk food providers in a pandemic while simultaneously campaigning for increased physical fitness in the population because they needed it to fight the disease.

Has anyone got any "evidence " of anything Covid related?  Do we know how many cases are false positives? Do we have any "evidence " that the tests pick up only live, infectious virus? Do we know how many people have died WITH Covid rather than BECAUSE of it? We do know that hospital admissions and deaths were overstated earlier this year and that doctors were under pressure to record Covid as a factor. Has anyone explained why?? 

Do the scientists ,who regularly present their dodgy dossiers with false predictions , have any evidence to base their figures on?

You seem to think that care home owners, universities,  clinicians etc are all responsible but not Sturgeon when, of course, it was her govt who set a target of emptying hospitals because of a mythical wave of patients who would overwhelm the hospitals, based on yet another dodgy dossier from Imperial College. 

EOTHO was a great initiative to help pubs and restaurants boost business and recover some of their lost earnings.  Sturgeon more or less admitted that she would close them, as long as the UK govt would extend the furlough scheme and cover staff costs for doing nothing. A highly irresponsible approach. 

Finally,  people are responsible for their own health and outcomes. If a food deal is on offer then you can choose not to eat it in the same way you can walk past junk food offers in the supermarket and towards the free fruit offers.  Govts are not there to micromanage everyone's life. Exercise and diet, we all know the guidelines. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, heartstastic said:

source.gif&ehk=c5Akev3BaxXbXp1l0RxJtWOYT

38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Correct. It's not the Coronavirus that's the problem, it's how your body reacts. And if you're really unfit, your fecked. Tho, he does do some amount of walking, so he may be fitter than he looks. 

He will have the best healthcare money could buy as well he will be fine. Unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

He will have the best healthcare money could buy as well he will be fine. Unfortunately. 

From July

Herman Cain, a former presidential hopeful who was once considered by President Donald Trump for the Federal Reserve, has died after being hospitalized with the coronavirus. He was 74.

A Trump acolyte who was at the Trump rally in Tulsa that sparked a spike of infections. I will presume his healthcare was as good as Trumps.

It’s going to be an interesting watch and see how Trump copes with COVID. 74 years old, over weight and possibly other conditions we or he is unaware of. 
This could be a game changer. 

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Almost every day you post this nonsense. Don't you think that somebody other than some random Italian doctor who made a throwaway comment about the virus weakening about three months ago would comment on it? Unless of course you have any real evidence to support your cult like sloganeering.

He was the top doctor in his field in Italy who had been on the front line since the start. Hardly a random doctor

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s going to be an interesting watch and see how Trump copes with COVID. 74 years old, over weight and possibly other conditions we or he is unaware of. 

You can read the script. He'll recover without a blemish and then come out and tell the World that it's nothing worse than a cold.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

You can read the script. He'll recover without a blemish and then come out and tell the World that it's nothing worse than a cold.

The conspiracy theorist will be going into overdrive now. 😂

3 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

Pretty sure it was Earlsferry, not St Andrews. 

Yep you're right, sorry George. My main point wasn't about the location of Catherine Calderwood's holiday home but apologies for mixing it up with another town 12 miles further up the road 🙄

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

They leave or we all leave without paying(Everyone else) . You decide. That's what I'd have said. 

My son has an exemption for asthma and he's in hospital at least once a year on oxygen. And he wears a mask. 

I was speaking to my neighbour's Dad last week.  He said he was sitting on a bus and a guy sat down next to him without a mask.  He confronted him and asked him where his mask was, and the boy replied he had asthma.  His response was I have asthma and I'm wearing a mask - the driver shouldn't have let you on, and watched the guy squirm.

Someone told me that First Bus are supposed to be reporting people who refuse to wear a mask to the police, but can't find a link to confirm this.

16 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

he will claim he has no symptoms and did not notice having it

The Internet
20 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The conspiracy theorist will be going into overdrive now. 😂

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I'd give this a 75% chance of being not true. 

Back to 2005
39 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

If he actually has it of course and this isn't a political stunt. 

Even if he does chances are he will be absolutely fine assuming he does not have any major health issues.

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good points, well made, Enzo. 

Your last paragraph doesn’t chime with the SG’s insidious attempts to behave like a zealous convert. 

Cheers Jonesy.  Yes, you're right, the last paragraph certainly doesn't reflect current SG policy👍

The Internet

Yeah I think the president of the United states catching it might SLIGHTLY take the attention away from the MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West. 

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah I think the president of the United states catching it might SLIGHTLY take the attention away from the MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West. 

Blackford getting interviewed by Kate Burley on Sky news now. It’s still in the headlines and Ferrier is in the resignation firing line. She may be gone by Sturgeons briefing time today. 

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Blackford getting interviewed by Kate Burley on Sky news now. It’s still in the headlines and Ferrier is in the resignation firing line. She may be gone by Sturgeons briefing time today. 

Pretty sure his reply was sarcasm. The guy above him was 100% serial though

This Ferrier thing is worrying.

Countries turning the corner take the population with them.

This just increases the 'nae body (she - i.e NS) disnae tell me what I can and cannae do' numbers,.

8 hours ago, heartstastic said:

:wow:

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I would encourage everyone to tweet Margaret Ferrier this morning, without abuse, encouraging her to resign her seat immediately, pressure needs to be applied.

I'm fairly certain that she will. You just wonder wtf goes through their heads?

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

“I won’t get caught”

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lead by example.

She’s a f*****g imbecile.

Harry Potter
On 16/09/2020 at 09:18, Normthebarman said:

Disagree. It's not the managers place to decide whether the lads had asthma or not. The pub did everything correct, in fact they did more than required by pushing back the initial claim of asthma. The failure here is in the system. 

Personally, if it was my premises, I'd have a bunch of cheapo disposable masks for punters like the old boy who forgot. 

pretty simple solution i would have thought.

The Internet
10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

It's mind boggling, through my wife we know her advisor/assistant, so we heard about it just before the news hit and even he didn't know the full extent of it at that stage. Every day/action escalated it onto a new level of stupidity.

I really hope she resigns before today's briefing so it doesn't dominate it too much, but the SNP will have some questions to answer too

Her statement was hilarious tbf. Every paragraph just got progressively worse :lol: cliche but it really does remind me of the thick of it. Just utterly inept clueless snobby politicians who think they're too busy to care about following any rules like the plebs do. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic