Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Hospital - 154

ICU - 17

Deaths - 3

Numbers are still going up, nearly double the Hospital admissions since last week, one thing though - 1st time round the death numbers at this stage always went up, so a reduction is a sign that this isn't quite the same as last time, things are more under control - measures and treatments etc

they should publish the age of the person who died, any underlying health problems and the date they died then we would glean a more accurate picture of daily deaths etc etc

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heartstastic
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I know a few older people / vulnerable and they Are about and about . There is also more media reports of older adults wantin. To see their relatives but can’t due to being in care Homes . 

My mum is 80, has COPD and is in no way afraid to go about her business...infact the most stress she has had from this is bus drivers hassling her about wearing a mask even though she is exempt.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, heartstastic said:

My mum is 80, has COPD and is in no way afraid to go about her business...infact the most stress she has had from this is bus drivers hassling her about wearing a mask even though she is exempt.

Bus drivers just doing their job

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I will be quite happy in having a vaccine which has been developed in the UK and has passed it's phase 3 clinical trials.

I would too.

I don't know if I would take a Russian or Chinese one in their rush to be the World saviours

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

they should publish the age of the person who died, any underlying health problems and the date they died then we would glean a more accurate picture of daily deaths etc etc

I think the details gets published later on the tabby tracker site ? Someone posted those details yesterday and not surprisingly most were over 70 

The Internet
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Walk into to the house and two women screaming incoherent nonsense at each other, unusually not the wife and daughter, just FMQ. 

Was thinking its not that much better than trump v biden :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was thinking its not that much better than trump v biden :lol:

It can never beat the debate between. Johan Lamont and Sturgeon on a late night political programme . It was like two wimmin arguing over who’s turn it was to clean the stair ! It was awful . 

Nucky Thompson

Labour has no chance of making a comeback in Scotland while that tit is clinging on to his leadership 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Labour has no chance of making a comeback in Scotland while that tit is clinging on to his leadership 

Time for Ian murray maybe?

21 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

There is risk with all medicines, vaccines and procedures, I would have to weigh up all the risks.

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I would too.

I don't know if I would take a Russian or Chinese one in their rush to be the World saviours

Same here, wouldn't be as keen either, hence why I said a UK developed vaccine etc.

heartstastic
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There is risk with all medicines, vaccines and procedures, I would have to weigh up all the risks.

Yes for sure...but the goverment removing liability is a huge thing, also that there quite happy to put an unlicenced product out there. They also put that consultation out without much public awareness of it, does not fill me with confindence that it's all being done in the best interests of public health.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Potentially, people under the age of 45 could conceivably be at greater risk of taking the ‘mythical’ vaccine. I struggle to understand how they will know the risks associated, sufficiently,  with any vaccine that has been developed so quickly and has been fast tracked.

Like you say risks with everything . I suspect if a vaccine is developed it will be given out to the old and vulnerable a bit like the flu jab is. The rest left to get on with it.

I said this months ago, that amongst the first to receive a vaccine will pretty much be the same group who currently get a free NHS flu jab.

heartstastic
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Potentially, people under the age of 45 could conceivably be at greater risk of taking the ‘mythical’ vaccine. I struggle to understand how they will know the risks associated, sufficiently,  with any vaccine that has been developed so quickly and has been fast tracked.

Like you say risks with everything . I suspect if a vaccine is developed it will be given out to the old and vulnerable a bit like the flu jab is. The rest left to get on with it.

Not accordiing to this chap in Parliment...tied to a digital id which will allow you to travel internationally whilst people that haven't had it will still be required to social distance etc.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Mythical is an interesting description.   The vaccine is very real.   In existence.   Already injected into thousands of people across the world.   

You're right about safety.   The same can be applied to efficacy to an extent.   It is being fast tracked and will only be licenced off the back of limited,  short term data regarding safety and efficacy.   It's absolutely correct to say that unknown,  longer term effects will be completely untested.

It's an interesting possibility that a vaccine may not become available to the whole population.   Staged roll-out would certainly help regarding the potential problems of rolling it out to the population in general.

Personally I think Long Covid will mean mass vaccination across the age groups.

Suspect that will be a long number of months away, in order to pass the clinical trials and also ensure all the doctors and virulogists are fully on board with the New World Order plans.

Scottish Greens attack Sturgeon over closure of NHS testing centre

Today the Scotsman revealed an NHS testing lab had been closed down because it was no longer being used.

Scottish Greens co-leader Alison Johnstone said: "Today’s Scotsman revealed that in the midst of the pandemic on Scotland’s Covid testing labs closed because it wasn’t being used. 

“This happened while the First Minister was rejecting Scottish Green calls for weekly testing for NHS staff.

“Can the First Minister explain why she doesn’t agree with the World Health Organisation and why her government allowed a testing lab to close?”

Ms Sturgeon said the lab was only in use while the Scottish Government was “building NHS capacity" and was “never designed to be a permanent provision.”

Ms Johnstone responded that it was “obviously not either or; the fact of the matter is that we could have been doing a thousand tests more a day.”

Why close it and then have to send tests overseas to be done. We needed to be doing these tests  “Independently” by our own labs especially if we want to independent. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

manaliveits105

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Why close it and then have to send tests overseas to be done. We needed to doing these tests  “Independently” by our own labs especially if we want to independent. 

never mind that though what aboot the Tories  ay 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Not accordiing to this chap in Parliment...tied to a digital id which will allow you to travel internationally whilst people that haven't had it will still be required to social distance etc.

Oh my...I was told to step away from the internet for suggesting this a page back :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Scottish Greens attack Sturgeon over closure of NHS testing centre

Today the Scotsman revealed an NHS testing lab had been closed down because it was no longer being used.

Scottish Greens co-leader Alison Johnstone said: "Today’s Scotsman revealed that in the midst of the pandemic on Scotland’s Covid testing labs closed because it wasn’t being used. 

“This happened while the First Minister was rejecting Scottish Green calls for weekly testing for NHS staff.

“Can the First Minister explain why she doesn’t agree with the World Health Organisation and why her government allowed a testing lab to close?”

Ms Sturgeon said the lab was only in use while the Scottish Government was “building NHS capacity" and was “never designed to be a permanent provision.”

Ms Johnstone responded that it was “obviously not either or; the fact of the matter is that we could have been doing a thousand tests more a day.”

Why close it and then have to send tests overseas to be done. We needed to be doing these tests  “Independently” by our own labs especially if we want to independent. 

Is there much known regarding the levels of resources available to be deployed within labs?   Do we know whether or not there was a finite amount of testing equipment?   Finite number of people?     It would be important to know because it's people and equipment that process test results,  not buildings.

I don't know the answer but perhaps the Greens' assertion that additional capacity would have resulted from keeping a building open is ill conceived.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its a bit of stretch to say a vaccine exists. Varieties and combination of drugs are being injected into to people, whether these will turn out to be vaccines has still to be determined or at least safe and effective ones. 

It's not a stretch at all.   The Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine (to take an example) exists.   It is unlicenced.   It's in it's phase 3 trial stage and data will now be studied on a fast tracked basis.   The vaccine exists whether one likes it or not.   It can't just be pretended into mythical status.   

The Internet
12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh my...I was told to step away from the internet for suggesting this a page back :lol: 

Well you didn't take my advice and look what's happened. 

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not a stretch at all.   The Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine (to take an example) exists.   It is unlicenced.   It's in it's phase 3 trial stage and data will now be studied on a fast tracked basis.   The vaccine exists whether one likes it or not.   It can't just be pretended into mythical status.   

Exactly, as do many others all over the World.

What is being determined now, is do they work and are they safe, that's why we have clinical trials to look at these questions.

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Is there much known regarding the levels of resources available to be deployed within labs?   Do we know whether or not there was a finite amount of testing equipment?   Finite number of people?     It would be important to know because it's people and equipment that process test results,  not buildings.

I don't know the answer but perhaps the Greens' assertion that additional capacity would have resulted from keeping a building open is ill conceived.

I don’t the answers either. I would however hope that the Greens had done their home work before asking the question. I would also hope the FM would have stated the reason it was closed. 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, as do many others all over the World.

What is being determined now, is do they work and are they safe, that's why we have clinical trials to look at these questions.

Yep.   The poster was right to question safety though.   It looks like if it's to be licenced (or others) then it will be done at pace.   Longer term effects will remain unknown.

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

i personally beleive that London is deliberately underplaying the number of positive cases they know fine well that they can't and won't put London into lockdown again for economic reasons. there has been plenty of social media stuff pictures etc showing parties in gardens outside boozers in Soho. i despair for the young when they decide to lift all restrictions so many millions out of work with no jobs depressing suicides will inevitably increase substantially my daughter who works in one of Scotland's main hospitals testing blood has already said that in her region suicides have already increased over the same period as last year.  

Show me something, anything that would indicate this isn't just doomsday, conspiracy bollocks. 

Latest stats:

Scottish numbers: 1 October 2020

• 668 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 10.8% of newly tested individuals.
  • 3 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19.
  • 154 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19.
  • 14,316 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results.

The Internet
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Show me something, anything that would indicate this isn't just doomsday, conspiracy bollocks. 

All governments are apparently lying about their figures. Whether they are deliberately downplaying or artificially increasing numbers is down to which agenda you follow. 

Today's stats are neither worse or better.   Bit of a levelling off.   It's of some encouragement that there's no obvious,  day-on-day acceleration.

36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

never mind that though what aboot the Tories  ay 

Who do you mean the Chaotic Tories?  Oven Ready, World Beating App, Track and Fail to Trace. I’m sorry I mis-spoke. Mumble Mumble confuse Mumble Mumble. Their track record is abysmal with Covid19 and Brexit. They are making chaos an art form with them as the Masters.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

All governments are apparently lying about their figures. Whether they are deliberately downplaying or artificially increasing numbers is down to which agenda you follow. 

Perhaps "worldview" rather than "agenda".

I personally don't think the Scottish government are lying about the figures, so I don't know which worldview that means I have. As I've mentioned before, I'm actually quite surprised at how calm they're being right at the moment given the sustained increase in infections. I suspect that the government, like never before, are crossing their fingers and hoping for the best - there's just too much of a mix of transmission vectors out there to be able to focus, and unfortunately it looks as if they've given up with the localised focussed approach anyway.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Today's stats are neither worse or better.   Bit of a levelling off.   It's of some encouragement that there's no obvious,  day-on-day acceleration.

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Nice summary of the facts to be found here in easily digestable form. Anyone still thinking this is about health of the population and not about mass vaccines and control need your head examined imo.

:olly:

3 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Nice summary of the facts to be found here in easily digestable form. Anyone still thinking this is about health of the population and not about mass vaccines and control need your head examined imo.

https://online.anyflip.com/inblw/ufbs/mobile/index.html?s=08&%3B

Not sure about these authors and there evidence. However I’d like to see them explain this away. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-royal-glamorgan-hospital-lockdown-19021087

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8788549/Royal-Glamorgan-Hospital-Wales-cuts-services-major-coronavirus-outbreak.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

So did the royals? What’s your point?

Get rid of them too? 

Not being serious but I would prioritise the long overdue demise of Royalty though by no means all were Nazi sympathuisers.

SNP of course support sustaining their fellow  erstwhile Nazi sympathising royals.

Nucky Thompson

One of conspiracy theories I've never saw much on here is the how convenient it is for the Government to try and make it a cash free society.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I make sure I use cash as much as I can.

Some woman at Haggerston Castle was going ape shit because they posted that one of the venues was only excepting cash as the card reader wasn't working. They were allegedly putting their staff and customers at risk :lol:

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just imagine the scene in a little corner of Hamilton right now...

You know what he looks like too?

:wow:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Time for Ian murray maybe?

He would need to become a MSP and give up as an MP, would they risk losing their only seat to do that? 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

One of conspiracy theories I've never saw much on here is the how convenient it is for the Government to try and make it a cash free society.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I make sure I use cash as much as I can.

Some woman at Haggerston Castle was going ape shit because they posted that one of the venues was only excepting cash as the card reader wasn't working. They were allegedly putting their staff and customers at risk :lol:

Not sure if it’s the government as much as the banks, like you I’m using cash again. Card machines go down all the time in different places 😆
I can’t find the article I read but theres a lot out there. It will affect poor people and older folk as you will need technology and even bank accounts etc. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/19/cashless-society-con-big-finance-banks-closing-atms

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I have to say that I don't think there is a conspiracy, but it disappoints me that we've made such a lurch towards being a cashless society. An unfortunate consequence of the pandemic. Good for you for keeping up the use of cash.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic