Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Right enough, I was using outdated info. Apparently you can meet 4 other households a day but only 1 group at a time.

Edited by Ray Gin

35 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Right enough, I was using outdated info. Apparently you can meet 4 other households a day but only 1 group at a time.

6 in the kitchen, 6 in the living room, 6 in the dining room and 6 in the conservatory. Sorted. 👍

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

We must plan Christmas on the rule of 6

All you need now is to find 5 others willing to suffer Christmas with you. 

Imagine being elderly and stuck in a care home which has now become a prison with no visits from friends or family. I imagine most would prefer to take their chances. I honestly think I would.

I expect the thoughts of visits and seeing kids and grandkids is what keeps most of them going.

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No wonder there is a problem for access to tests.

About half my daughters school has the cold and she got sent home yesterday.

It's no different from the cold she gets most years, sore throat, sore ears and the sniffles.

This must be happening in most schools just now as her friend who goes to a different school is off with the cold too.

You can imagine how many panicking mothers will be trying to book a test 

Not to mention then dramatising it on facebook for the inevitable "Stay strong hunni, I'm sure wee [insert stripper name here] will be fine" replies.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Bullshit Boris bumbling his way through PMQs 

What an embarrassing man he is. 

Nothing new then. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, graygo said:

6 in the kitchen, 6 in the living room, 6 in the dining room and 6 in the conservatory. Sorted. 👍

All booked into an AirBnB mansion to accommodate the evening guests for the all nighter. 😉 👍 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My boy is wanting a sleepover with a few friends. They are under 12, however, is the fact that it would mean more than two households its not permitted or as under 12 it’s all good?

Not good, they don't count towards the 6 but they do count towards the household number.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

If you treat people like idiots you can't be disappointed when they act like idiots.

We've been treated like morons throughout this and been misled (at one stage, not sure which one) about masks and whether to wear them. It comes as no surprise whatsoever to me that people are acting up.

At the risk of getting harangued like yourself for mentioning Sweden, people keep saying Swede's have observed distancing better etc and can be trusted more. Maybe that's because their government empowered them to do just that?

Look at the way they speak to the public especially the UK government repeating the same old things. Hands space.....erm and something else that I can't remember. Mind you the Scottish mob have something else they keep repeating. Might have been mentioned on here at since point....

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If the government treated people like adults and had published prominently clear data before schools reopened  about how unlikely children were to contract Covid 19, how even more remote  were the chances of them having Covid19 symptoms even if they did contract it, and how infinitesimal were the chances of a child dying of it are, and the absence of evidence that children are likely to transmit it, then we wouldn't have this problem, or at least less of one.

But the whole approach to Covid19 has been to scare people.

And now if one child (or one teacher, though none has died in the world yet from catching it from a child) were to die following that sort of message all hell would break loose in the media, in parliament, and the now heavily brainwashed public.

We have dug a huge hole and show every sign of just keeping on digging.

The national scaremongering has, indeed backfired. Time to just treat Covid as we do every virus, - yes, you could catch it, as you could flu or any other virus - but we don't retreat into our shells in fear of something that will only affect a miniscule percentage of the population.  Particularly vulnerable people can choose to shield if they wish, with support available if required, but others , including elderly people should be allowed to make their own choices. Most people want to live their lives rather than just exist. 

Any attempts by govts to impose another national lockdown will quite rightly be met by widespread population resistance. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

What a load of pish. The covid symptoms have been repeated time and time again. Not once has the government told parents to run out and get tests done if their child has the sniffles. It has also stated repeatedly that the risk to children is low and that is why schools are re-opening.

What an adult response.

And did they explain at the same time why the schools were closed for so long (unlike, yes, in Sweden) and what exactly has changed to make it safe to open them now and keep them open as the infection rates are reported to be soaring to the extent that new restrictions not imposed previously are supposedly required.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Look at the way they speak to the public especially the UK government repeating the same old things. Hands space.....erm and something else that I can't remember. Mind you the Scottish mob have something else they keep repeating. Might have been mentioned on here at since point....

Now we've got the Chief Nursing Officer in Scotland - certainly not leading by example by way of promoting healthy living - speaking to 5 year olds on national TV.."Now, remember to carefully cut the strings off your mask before disposing of it safely....."    You tune in for Bargain Hunt and you end up with this patronising p**h.

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

ssshhh. Some get angry when you mention Sweden.

Meanwhile the rest continue with lockdown, open up, lockdown, open up approach.

Trouble for other governments is that if (and it is still an if but less of an if as time passes) Sweden does better or at least no worse than the rest how will the decision to destroy the economy and disrupt children's education and  ultimately cause more damage than Covid19 be explained and justified. Yesterday we were told that if the absurd "rule of 6" doesn't work in two weeks we will have to go back to full lockdown or widespread lockdown because "lockdown is the only thing we know works". 

(Of course the two week warning will encourage people to take full advantage of the rule of 6 and of the pubs and restaurants while they can and make a return to lockdown more likely)

Yes they certainly get riled up 

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Now we've got the Chief Nursing Officer in Scotland - certainly not leading by example by way of promoting healthy living - speaking to 5 year olds on national TV.."Now, remember to carefully cut the strings off your mask before disposing of it safely....."    You tune in for Bargain Hunt and you end up with this patronising p**h.

DAED65E8-47B8-464E-AADD-7F67EB98144F.jpeg

C15B6F34-6C66-4B9D-8A9E-7785610FF1B0.jpeg

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Bullshit Boris bumbling his way through PMQs 

What an embarrassing man he is. 

Thats more like it anti government thread back on track screw the pandemic 

35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What an adult response.

And did they explain at the same time why the schools were closed for so long (unlike, yes, in Sweden) and what exactly has changed to make it safe to open them now and keep them open as the infection rates are reported to be soaring to the extent that new restrictions not imposed previously are supposedly required.

They don't need to explain why they were closed for so long, that would be treating people like children. Adults should be smart enough to realise that it was the summer holidays, and that it was deemed safe for them to resume after said holidays because the schools now had social distancing measures in place.

Disser Pointon
43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The national scaremongering has, indeed backfired. Time to just treat Covid as we do every virus, - yes, you could catch it, as you could flu or any other virus - but we don't retreat into our shells in fear of something that will only affect a miniscule percentage of the population.  Particularly vulnerable people can choose to shield if they wish, with support available if required, but others , including elderly people should be allowed to make their own choices. Most people want to live their lives rather than just exist. 

Any attempts by govts to impose another national lockdown will quite rightly be met by widespread population resistance. 

This is exactly where I am at, we need to just get on with it.

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

If we are so concerned about this thing getting out of control again. Why are we not looking to shield the most vulnerable for their own benefit and to reduce pressure on NHS?

Because the boomers vote in huge numbers, and want to keep golfing and heading along to Dobbies, whilst not having to worry about their incomes as they are triple locked into annual increases in their wealth would be my guess

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Because the boomers vote in huge numbers, and want to keep golfing and heading along to Dobbies, whilst not having to worry about their incomes as they are triple locked into annual increases in their wealth would be my guess

The State pension represents "wealth"?

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They don't need to explain why they were closed for so long, that would be treating people like children. Adults should be smart enough to realise that it was the summer holidays, and that it was deemed safe for them to resume after said holidays because the schools now had social distancing measures in place.

Schools closed long before the summer holidays, especially in England. And from what I saw during lockdown schoolchildren paid no attention to social distancing when the schools were shut. As indeed is much the case now they are open. And on the evidence of risk posed by them and to them they were right to do so.

Edited by Francis Albert

Dennis Reynolds
56 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You don't need to watch it. Hope this helps.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It doesn't 

Actively watching something so you can go onto an internet forum to moan about it. You do really need help. I hope you get it.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If he or she goes out at all and opens his or her eyes she must know only a tiny proportion of mask wearers dispose of them safely or at all after the disposable ones are worn once. Or washes the washable ones each time they are worn. Good luck with getting the message across to 5 year olds! Not that it matters if you are 5 (or matters much at any age).

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, LMc said:

See this Pathways thing, I thought you weren't allowed to play music now? Are singers allowed? Was this before those restrictions came in? 

I think its lawful but recommended against. At least that's what i  think I was told (I'd had a few) at the weekend

9 minutes ago, LMc said:

Actively watching something so you can go onto an internet forum to moan about it. You do really need help. I hope you get it.

Actively watching it??  Was I?  

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Schools closed long before the summer holidays, especially in England. And from what I saw during lockdown schoolchildren paid no attention to social distancing when the schools were shut. As indeed is much the case now they are open. And on the evidence of risk posed by them and to them they were right to do so.

Yes they closed before the holidays because the virus was at it's peak, there were no safety measures in place, and the country was still under strict lockdown rules. Obviously they then stayed closed while it was the summer holidays.

It seems like some adults do need things explained to them like they are children after all.

15 minutes ago, LMc said:

You don't need to watch it. Hope this helps.

My friend just said she fell coming to the podium today ? And btw shes. A bit heftie to be preaching anyone’s health 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Actively watching it??  Was I?  

You were able to quote a line from it whilst also making disparaging remarks about who was talking on it. Sorta sounds like you were watching it. 

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

My friend just said she fell coming to the podium today ? And btw shes. A bit heftie to be preaching anyone’s health 

I couldn't tell you as I didn't watch it. I chose not to watch it. I didn't watch it then come onto a hearts forum to moan about something I chose to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Had she been on the cooking sherry?

Just now, LMc said:

You were able to quote a line from it whilst also making disparaging remarks about who was talking on it. Sorta sounds like you were watching it. 

I couldn't tell you as I didn't watch it. I chose not to watch it. I didn't watch it then come onto a hearts forum to moan about something I chose to watch. 

But your coming on to a hearts forum complaining / moaning about people moaning 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Had she been on the cooking sherry?

No that’s wee Jean Freeman she wouldn’t look out of place in “ Dickens “ ! 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

But your coming on to a hearts forum complaining / moaning about people moaning 

And your moaning about me moaning?

Bit of a silly argument isn't it?

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I think its lawful but recommended against. At least that's what i  think I was told (I'd had a few) at the weekend

Ah I see. Makes sense.

11 minutes ago, LMc said:

It really did sound like he was watching. Surprised he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Agree.

I thought the daily transmission on television was to stop by exception & only when important updates were to be announced, but still available daily online for those minded to watch.

Not sure if she was on yesterday, if so, looks like she is going for a "full house" this week. No doubt Holyrood question time will be screened tomorrow & she will have something up her sleeve for Friday......a reminder of FACTS for the weekend?

Brings along 1 or 2 others for the sake of it. How difficult is it to wear or know how to wear a face covering without it be regurgitated time after time? It needs to cover your mouth & nose and stop playing with it or hanging it from your ears/chin/hand **delete as appropriate. Wash or dispose of after use, dependent on type!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic