• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe but it I can't stand all the 'how bad is this' moaning about people 1st world problems, just deal with it, find an alternative FFS

You clearly don’t have a family. It’s obvious from the way you post you don’t.  Just as well because god forbid one of them came to you for support or help.  

So maybe if you did have a young family and a full on job during a global pandemic you would have some empathy for people who are finding it more difficult than you with all the restrictions.

13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Boo ****ing hoo

No need for that.

For someone who has spent the majority of this thread arguing we should all be as considerate as possible of others people’s health, to then come out with this post on World Suicide Prevention Day. 

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

You need to see how people that this has really affected are having to live and deal with stuff, then you'll see why you not getting to go for a pint or two with your pals is not something to moan about.

I'm really not unpleasant on here or in real life, I'm amazed you even notice my posts TBH

I’m not moaning about going for pints you idiot.

I was saying that I find having no release from the pressures of work and a young family difficult to deal with particularly following lockdown.

I’m also not saying that l have it any worse than any one else in this board, I’m sure I don’t, but I should be able to express my views without your toxic responses.

Anyway plenty of people have called you out for it so that reassures me there are a lot of good guys on here. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Aye, if you're a primary school kid and can't cope with lists of 5 things to do. :D

I thought we all were , judging by the tone of La Sturge's lunchtime monologues

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Imagining and guessing is grounds for fair analysis right enough...💥

.

.

.       

.

.          

.

.

.

.

.

🚀

Isnt this a forum for opinions? Stop being such an ignorant twat.  

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'm big enough to apologise, I'm sorry I upset you with my comment and I have explained why made it the first place.

Thanks, and to be fair I over reacted for all the reasons listed above! We move on! 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

No need for that.

For someone who has spent the majority of this thread arguing we should all be as considerate as possible of others people’s health, to then come out with this post on World Suicide Prevention Day. 

:spoton:

I've argued on both sides of the divide, because I like to be contrary, but I wouldn't stoop that low.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Its not that long ago they were saying that putting them on and off again  was risky

I have not seen that advice change  but the whole mask thing is odd. When I admitted on here a few days ago that although I obey the mask wearing rule I don't adhere to the advice on disposing of disposable masks or washing reusable ones after each use I expected accusations of being a mass murderer from the mask police.  But not a word. I conclude that people are paying lip service and feeling virtuous rather than really obeying the rules.

This goes for a lot of of other rules and advice. In a pub today we were directed where to sit after the usual track and trace rigmarole. When we noticed that the floor and seat were covered by the remains of the last occupants meal we got up  and asked to move but we were told simply that they would wipe down the table. We left.

8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Ok, I'll tell why you I said that..

I have been volunteering collecting/delivering etc at a local Foodbank during the lockdown and some of the situations I have seen people in makes me less tolerant of people who'd weekend plans have been messed up.

Fair enough, I might not have posted previously if I had read that first.

It was still a low blow.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have not seen that advice change  but the whole mask thing is odd. When I admitted on here a few days ago that although I obey the mask wearing rule I don't adhere to the advice on disposing of disposable masks or washing reusable ones after each use I expected accusations of being a mass murderer from the mask police.  But not a word. I conclude that people are paying lip service and feeling virtuous rather than really obeying the rules.

This goes for a lot of of other rules and advice. In a pub today we were directed where to sit after the usual track and trace rigmarole. When we noticed that the floor and seat were covered by the remains of the last occupants meal we got up  and asked to move but we were told simply that they would wipe down the table. We left.

People generally speaking are not following the rules on wearing face coverings because they believe that they are effective, they are wearing them because they are told to. All in my opinion of course and certainly true in my case.

ps. I would have left too.

Edited by graygo

Feck it here is my face mask, and feck it again , i am going all out with the "hoodie" too..  Fools. :conspiracy:

V for Vendetta Resin Mask Guy Fawkes Anonymous Cosplay Halloween Masks 2 Colors White/Bronze High Quality

Edited by maroonlegions

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Ok, I'll tell why you I said that..

I have been volunteering collecting/delivering etc at a local Foodbank during the lockdown and some of the situations I have seen people in makes me less tolerant of people who'd weekend plans have been messed up.

Boo ****ing hoo.

Governor Tarkin
49 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah I am, nearly every plan I had for the next few weekends is now torpedoed.  I work hard all week like most folk and now have so little to look forward to.

- friends to visit (nope as live in East Dunbartonshire)

- catching you with two former work colleagues I haven’t seen since Xmas - nope

- day out on Saturday with two best mates, all booked - nope

- parents coming over to babysit so the wife and I can go out for dinner for our anniversary - nope.

I fully expect to get hit by the ‘stop moaning’ ‘think of the doctors and nurses’ brigade but when you are stuck weekend after weekend with nothing do to and work is full on that’s not a great place to be.  

I'd crack on with the anniversary dinner to be honest.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

We can’t get a babysitter as I live in Glasgow so can’t have anyone come to the house!!

We will do it at the house but the romance not quite the same with two kids under the feet! 

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd crack on with all of it. We need these things in our lives. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

We can’t get a babysitter as I live in Glasgow so can’t have anyone come to the house!!

We will do it at the house but the romance not quite the same with two kids under the feet! 

**** it. If your parent's are unlikely to have the virus I'd have them round to babysit.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

If the kids are under 12 can they not go to someone else’s house?

That’s a good point, As we are under local restrictions I didn’t think anyone from my household could visit another but maybe that’s an avenue!

To be honest I might just do that and plead ignorance of the rules changes.

Natural Orders will be fuming! 

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s a good point, As we are under local restrictions I didn’t think anyone from my household could visit another but maybe that’s an avenue!

To be honest I might just do that and plead ignorance of the rules changes.

Natural Orders will be fuming! 

Your parents, or anyone else I imagine, can provide childcare in their home.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-local-measures/pages/glasgow/

Edited by redjambo

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Good man!  You sir a marriage saver!  Crack open a beer tonight you deserve one! 

:D Will do!

48 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Isnt this a forum for opinions? Stop being such an ignorant twat.  

Yes, this is a forum for opinions and I'm of the opinion you wouldn't know a twat if it sat on your face.

Edited by OBE

Seymour M Hersh
54 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You really are one of the most unpleasant people on this board.

You contribute nothing constructive, nothing insightful, nothing funny.

Why are you on here as I can assure you no one would miss you if you weren’t? 

I wouldn't blame him per se. He is probably just one of many many thousands who responded exactly as the behavioural experts employed by SAGE back in March intended when they prepared the worrying document of our time. Options for Increasing Adherence to Social Distancing Measures. The Number 1 recommendation was “Provide clear, precise, credible guidance about specific behaviours’’. You can’t argue with that. It was at Number 2 that things began to take a darker turn. “Use media to increase sense of personal threat,”. Seems like it has worked spectacularly well on certain people. 

Thanks to Alison Pearson of the Daily Telegraph for the quotes from the document. 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The BBC are stopping broadcasts of the daily Nicola show

Well done BBC.

The viewing figures have probably plummeted because folk are sick of being spoken to like a child in her condescending tone

Testing seems to be in tatters then.    Requires a wholesale rethink.    Some kind of ability to weed out all the fuds without any symptoms clogging up the system.   Massive scale up on logistics and lab capacity.    

Care home staff tests going not collected and ending up beyond use is a shocking thing.    Inexcusable and disgusting,   whether it be the fault of whoever has the contract to courier them or the governments.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not quite true is it?

The Daily Record saying that Nicola Sturgeons daily coronavirus briefings to be binned by BBC Scotland

She'll be raging :D

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Daily Record saying that Nicola Sturgeons daily coronavirus briefings to be binned by BBC Scotland

She'll be raging :D

A BBC Scotland spokesman said: “We will continue to provide extensive coverage of the government press conferences across our news services, including live streaming online.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18712131.bbc-scotland-stopping-daily-live-coverage-nicola-sturgeons-coronavirus-briefings/

It is understood that from Monday, the broadcaster will decide whether the daily briefings from First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will be televised based on “editorial merit”.

Putting agendas aside,   the BBC has no business in deciding it is competent to decide whether or not the SG's public information is important enough to broadcast to the public.   It has no such competence.   

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

the BBC has no business in deciding it is competent to decide whether or not the SG's public information is important enough to broadcast to the public.   It has no such competence.   

They kinda do though.  The complaints  to BBC were that it was being used for political purposes rather than public information.

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

A BBC Scotland spokesman said: “We will continue to provide extensive coverage of the government press conferences across our news services, including live streaming online.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18712131.bbc-scotland-stopping-daily-live-coverage-nicola-sturgeons-coronavirus-briefings/

It's not live on the TV anymore :greggy:

1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

They kinda do though.  The complaints  to BBC were that it was being used for political purposes rather than public information.

No they don't.    Whether or not the government is right is irrelevant.   But if the government decides it has information necessary to broadcast to the public,   there is no other entity competent to decide otherwise.   Any government.   Complaints are also irrelevant.   The complaints themselves are likely politically motivated.   A few complaints does not represent any significant percentage of support or non support.   Absolutely irrelevant.

The SG has no powers to sanction the BBC in this regard.   If it did,  as the UK gvt does,   the BBC would not have done this.    They're utter wankers.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

No they don't.    Whether or not the government is right is irrelevant.   But if the government decides it has information necessary to broadcast to the public,   there is no other entity competent to decide otherwise.   Any government.   Complaints are also irrelevant.   The complaints themselves are likely politically motivated.   A few complaints does not represent any significant percentage of support or non support.   Absolutely irrelevant.

The SG has no powers to sanction the BBC in this regard.   If it did,  as the UK gvt does,   the BBC would not have done this.    They're utter wankers.

:seething: 

30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Well done BBC.

The viewing figures have probably plummeted because folk are sick of being spoken to like a child in her condescending tone

This, Nicola will not be chuffed with this folk are getting sick of message.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

:seething: 

Not seething as such.    Feelings of sheer contempt for the BBC,   I admit.

Taking glee from this is a bit simple tbh.   All people had to do was not watch it.    A bit embarrassing for the glee takers.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The fact that the BBC are pulling the plug would suggest you are incorrect.

Section10, politics public policy and polls would seem relevant (albeit from a quick Google search)

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Taking glee from this is a bit simple tbh.   All people had to do was not watch it.    A bit embarrassing for the glee takers.

I did stop watching it. I was still interested in the daily figures so checked the SG website every lunchtime.

There was no need for her to be on TV every day, except for her own self gratification.

I'll admit that I'm chuffed that the BBC pulled the rug from under her

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Na can't agree she obviously has an important message to get across but needs to find another way to do it, the people she is in the main trying to get her message to are not sitting watching the bbc at 12.15 every day. The press conferences served the purpose at the start but have not evolved unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The fact that the BBC are pulling the plug would suggest you are incorrect.

Section10, politics public policy and polls would seem relevant (albeit from a quick Google search)

Flawed reasoning.   It's premised on the notion that the SG is guilty of straying into political activities.    It's patently not true imo.    The BBC should not be arbitrarily deciding such a thing unless it was much more clearly the case.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic