Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Except it knows where you are and who (or which device) you have been near. Not a conspiracy nut, but these apps scare the life out of me.

What about this terrifies you so much?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Except it knows where you are and who (or which device) you have been near. Not a conspiracy nut, but these apps scare the life out of me.

Unless you are a dodgy type you have nothing to fear. Do you really think they want to know what Jonesy is up to? 
Anyway if you have a mobile you are tracked all the time. The police often use mobiles to catch dodgy types. 

Edited by Boy Daniel
have

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As far as I am aware, no it doesn't.

"The app does not hold personal information, know who you are, or know where you have been. It cannot identify you or track your movements."

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Some really valid points but I prefer realism and try to manage than some bull crapper (see over the pond) making promises that can never be fulfilled.

I get that but we really need something that tells us we are getting somewhere. I just dont think its possible to suppress a virus but no doubt I will be told you can.

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

No more than a normal smartphone though, surely? If you're worried about being tracked or whatever, probably best to just not have a smartphone surely? 

I'm completely at peace with the government/big corporations knowing my exact movements 🤣 I also think it's slightly naive to think just because you click a button that says not to share location data, that they all of a sudden can't. Maybe that's just me though! 

Nucky Thompson

Why has the SG not done what they said last week and changed the way they were counting people in Hospital this week?

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why has the SG not done what they said last week and changed the way they were counting people in Hospital this week?

Good question.  It’s probably because they would look stupid bringing in more restrictions whilst also dramatically lowering the hospital count.  

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They've now replaced the "next week" with a "soon" on their daily reports. Of course that doesn't make us any the wiser, but thought I should mention it.

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Good question.  It’s probably because they would look stupid bringing in more restrictions whilst also dramatically lowering the hospital count.  

Restrictions are aimed solely at lowering virus transmission. It wouldn't make them look stupid at all.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They are all useless working from home making up rules about masks on masks off as they go along, 6 only inside now, but see everybody doon the pub 

Next week you will have to turn your back and count to 100 before you are allowed in a shop

Inside oot back to front upside doon country 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

They've now replaced the "next week" with a "soon" on their daily reports. Of course that doesn't make us any the wiser, but thought I should mention it.

I noticed that as well. I think Shanks has the reason in a nutshell.

I wish they would stop treating us like bairns and that's not just directed at the SG 

Governor Tarkin

So does kickback think that folk are going to pay any attention to the latest 6 from 2 restriction, or will most carry on in their extended bubbles regardless?

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So does kickback think that folk are going to pay any attention to the latest 6 from 2 restriction, or will most carry on in their extended bubbles regardless?

Can’t see it. It’s also 6 people over 12. They aren’t including under 12’s. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

TBF until now the SG have been fairly forthcoming and clear with data and information, certainly compared to UK Gov. 

Really don't see any difference they are all useless, rudderless and don't have a clue making it all up as they go along 

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

par for the course they are clueless in general but freeeeeeedum ay 

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

How are they altering the count?

We don't know yet, I think, but it will probably involve a patient having to have had a more recent Covid diagnosis in order to still be declared a Covid patient in hospital. It's all a grey area - if someone comes in with Covid and the results of their disease mean that that they still there with pulmonary issues, for example, months later, should they still count as an active Covid patient? Etc. etc.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

How are they altering the count?

Just now they are counting everyone in hospital who has ever tested positive with covid, even if they are in hospital for something completely different.

Someone who was never ill but broke their leg 3 weeks later would be counted

They were saying all last week that they were changing it this week but seem to have changed their minds

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Probably does not want any good news in case people ease off. Even the inaccurate hospital figure is not changing, up 7 one day, down 7 the next and still lower than they were in July. 

265 is incorrect and misleading though when there are only 450 in England. The true figure will prob be about 40 or 50 in the entire country. Why is she still using this figure?? It would be nice to think someone in the press corp could press her about this.

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'm not saying they aren't clueless and have actually managed any better, but the messages have been clearer and the data has been accurate 

To be fair though, the UK "Hands, Face, Space" slogan knocks FACTS out the water. Far catchier and more effective. 

5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Rubbing it up just now and a couple of patches are boss. 😠😠🤗

It's a fairly wee patch thats fucled so I'll scutch it out and re do it today and see how it goes. I'll rub it down again tomorrow and tosh it in with a right watery mix to blend it in. 

It's a learning curve but I'll get there. 👍

Over trowelling it bud. Put it on screed it and leave it til bit bites. Then rub it up. 

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Probably does not want any good news in case people ease off. Even the inaccurate hospital figure is not changing, up 7 one day, down 7 the next and still lower than they were in July. 

265 is incorrect and misleading though when there are only 450 in England. The true figure will prob be about 40 or 50 in the entire country. Why is she still using this figure?? It would be nice to think someone in the press corp could press her about this.

Ah, that's why they call it the press corps. I always wondered.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

To be fair though, the UK "Hands, Face, Space" slogan knocks FACTS out the water. Far catchier and more effective. 

And 2 months and £100m to the consultancy firm later.....

;)

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aye, if you're a primary school kid and can't cope with lists of 5 things to do. :D

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I would imagine 95% complied in March.  Would guess it's around 50% for this latest step. 

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More effective in the last 24, aye ok.

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I would imagine 95% complied in March.  Would guess it's around 50% for this latest step. 

Imagining and guessing is grounds for fair analysis right enough...💥

.

.

.       

.

.          

.

.

.

.

.

🚀

14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

portugal back on the quarantine list for england, from saturday if you return from portugal to england you ned to self isolate for two weeks

I applaud the travellers for doing a Government risk assessment at a cost to themselves...bravo :clap:

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t see us playing football this season. No convinced championship will go ahead if they can’t have fans.

Play BCD, if clubs go into admin it's their lookout, league halted by Christmas/January due to upsurge in CV19. Call the leagues, leaders (Hearts) promoted, bottom of the prem relegated. Sound familiar ?

All roads lead to Gorgie
22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

portugal back on the quarantine list for england, from saturday if you return from portugal to england you ned to self isolate for two weeks

I can't see any ned being capable of self isolating for two weeks as they like to party with a bottle or three with the like minded 😉

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

My life isn't exciting enough for me to care

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

What about this terrifies you so much?

Face it the Govt can tell you what you had for your tea last night :) 

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed, Governor. It shouldn't. Anyone who chooses to come and live here is Scottish in my eyes.

Same here. Some English up here are more "Scottish" than us Scots.. I like when on FB some say " can we move up here ?" as they hate the way England is heading. My reply is " more than welcome"

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

True. Why dont they ask? and why dont the ask about the end game ? When do they believe that the virus is not a threat anymore?  This is the big issue. 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Differing viewpoints apart anyone else feel like they are struggling with the never ending bad news? I know we are meant to be accepting this as a "new normal " but there is nothing normal about this.

Despite what some of you might think I'm normally an easy going happy type of person with lots of good things in my life. So if you normally suffer from depression I'm not sure how you cope?

Yeah I am, nearly every plan I had for the next few weekends is now torpedoed.  I work hard all week like most folk and now have so little to look forward to.

- friends to visit (nope as live in East Dunbartonshire)

- catching you with two former work colleagues I haven’t seen since Xmas - nope

- day out on Saturday with two best mates, all booked - nope

- parents coming over to babysit so the wife and I can go out for dinner for our anniversary - nope.

I fully expect to get hit by the ‘stop moaning’ ‘think of the doctors and nurses’ brigade but when you are stuck weekend after weekend with nothing do to and work is full on that’s not a great place to be.  

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Don’t tell them about the lousy weather or the sectarian marches.

They can find that out once they are settled here :) 

Reasonable question time.

Will any of the 'It's no dangerous' gang seek medical help if they were to end up gasping for breath during their next heavy cold / flu / other nut dangerous,  normal bug?

12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah I am, nearly every plan I had for the next few weekends is now torpedoed.  I work hard all week like most folk and now have so little to look forward to.

- friends to visit (nope as live in East Dunbartonshire)

- catching you with two former work colleagues I haven’t seen since Xmas - nope

- day out on Saturday with two best mates, all booked - nope

- parents coming over to babysit so the wife and I can go out for dinner for our anniversary - nope.

I fully expect to get hit by the ‘stop moaning’ ‘think of the doctors and nurses’ brigade but when you are stuck weekend after weekend with nothing do to and work is full on that’s not a great place to be.  

Sorry to hear this.  This is exactly how its impeding on people's lives . Those little things we take for granted but keep up going.  . No wonder suicide is up. 

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Boo ****ing hoo

You really are one of the most unpleasant people on this board.

You contribute nothing constructive, nothing insightful, nothing funny.

Why are you on here as I can assure you no one would miss you if you weren’t? 

highlandjambo3

Not sure is this has been brought up yet.....it may be mentioned further back I don’t know but needs attention:

Has ANYONE called the Chinese out for starting this shit show.........or are we (as a country) just bricking it from them, like everyone else.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Do what you want in my world. **** it. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe but it I can't stand all the 'how bad is this' moaning about people 1st world problems, just deal with it, find an alternative FFS

Maybe you shouldn't be on the forum if you can't tolerant people who are expressing how they are feeling about the current situation and how it is impacting on them.  Your " man up" attitude isn't helpful at all. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic